PDA

View Full Version : Ric Flair

HCollins-TNA1
07-18-2011, 03:38 PM
It been said Ric Flair and TNA is having differences.... Due to him not appearing as advertised for several events./ autographs signings..

My thoughts here he will be back... I kinda think it blown over-porpotion as things probably not as they seem.... I could be wrong.... But I would believe he will be back on TV come the next tapings???

HeelTurn
07-18-2011, 03:39 PM
Hes had issues with TNA before and ended up apologising to the locker room, wouldnt be surprised to see him brought back anyway.

Tommy Thunder
07-18-2011, 03:41 PM
I honestly see Flair back in WWE eventually. He's not happy with his pay at TNA apparently either, not to mention the other problems mentioned. WWE can afford him, without problem.

TheRockerGother
07-18-2011, 04:22 PM
Fire him he's not doing his job of appearing in front of the the crowd when they get rid of him they could probably sign 2 younger talent.

tupelojoe81
07-18-2011, 04:30 PM
i think he has run his course with TNA. Let him walk.

K-Jammin
07-18-2011, 04:33 PM
Does anyone know what a "Legends" contract actually means in WWE? The contract Nash signed i mean, because i would say I see Flair going back to the E on the same kind of contract as Nash but don't even know what that contract is! Because i honestly don't see Flair in TNA for much longer.

eire attitude 91
07-18-2011, 07:38 PM
flair is a legend if not the best ever.

however he is not what he was and tna have enough problems with older talents on huge wages not delivering ie hogan. he should be let go, he shouldnt be complaining about his salary if he's not professional enough to fullfill appearances either.

wwe aparantly have heat with him tho after all they gave him a huge send off unprecedented and he was in tna a few weeks later, a legends contract ,ight be possible or a developmental trainer deal but that would be less money than what he's on at tna so if he's not happy with that its unlikely. hhh said he's used as an example to young talents of why you should save your money so you dont have to be in a situation where youve no choice but to wrestle at 60 somethig yrs old. its a pity but 'your only as good as your last match'

AOF666
07-18-2011, 07:54 PM
I'd say get rid of Flair, he is not helping Impact Wrestling, why help him. He has job and he failed to do it.

68wPayne
07-18-2011, 09:24 PM
Does anyone know what a "Legends" contract actually means in WWE? The contract Nash signed i mean, because i would say I see Flair going back to the E on the same kind of contract as Nash but don't even know what that contract is! Because i honestly don't see Flair in TNA for much longer.

Best I can tell WWE markets your likeness in action figures, video games, etc. and you can make sporadic appearences and promo events.

HCollins-TNA1
07-18-2011, 11:07 PM
Flair has always has his splat with management where ever he worked.....
In the NWA/WCW 1991 they screwed him out of money he left for up north...
In WWF 1992/1993 they didn't have a storyline for him or didn't want to give him another run he went back to WCW..
WCW 1997/98 he breached his contract and rightfully so to see his son wrestle in the NC state HS championships...
WWE 2007 after giving him a Legends deal or such, WWE rarely used him thus he asked to leave...
Same with the NWA deal and ROH deals he had.....
Most likely I think Bob Carter will give his daughter Dixie a few extra thousand to give to Flair to keep him happy....

HCollins-TNA1
07-18-2011, 11:10 PM
Best I can tell WWE markets your likeness in action figures, video games, etc. and you can make sporadic appearences and promo events.

In most cases release or image contract has to be signed and agree to by both parties.... Thus why certain guys isn't used on video games or action figures.....

Murphdogg4
07-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Flair has always has his splat with management where ever he worked.....
In the NWA/WCW 1991 they screwed him out of money he left for up north...
In WWF 1992/1993 they didn't have a storyline for him or didn't want to give him another run he went back to WCW..
WCW 1997/98 he breached his contract and rightfully so to see his son wrestle in the NC state HS championships...
WWE 2007 after giving him a Legends deal or such, WWE rarely used him thus he asked to leave...
Same with the NWA deal and ROH deals he had.....
Most likely I think Bob Carter will give his daughter Dixie a few extra thousand to give to Flair to keep him happy....

I can see him having major issues with TNA, in WCW Hogan, Bischoff, and Russo all went out of their ways to try and tarnish his legacy and bury him. It didn't work he somehow managed to stay over nomatter how horrible they squashed him. Years of respect from old school fans who grew up watching him work his ass off and bleed and pay the price to entertain them.

Murphdogg4
07-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Just read Mark Maddens blog, he had a interesting take on Flair in Tna err..Impact wrestling.

Ric Flair seems to be out of favor at Impact. He never should have gone there in the first place. Flair is big-league, the greatest of all-time. When Flair went to Impact, he not only went to a bush operation run by a clueless money mark, he jumped into a snake pit populated by dishonest scumbags who have tried to sabotage his career at sundry other promotions. I can't speak to Flair's finances, but if he can afford to go home and stay home, he should

HCollins-TNA1
07-20-2011, 09:33 PM
Just read Mark Maddens blog, he had a interesting take on Flair in Tna err..Impact wrestling.

Ric Flair seems to be out of favor at Impact. He never should have gone there in the first place. Flair is big-league, the greatest of all-time. When Flair went to Impact, he not only went to a bush operation run by a clueless money mark, he jumped into a snake pit populated by dishonest scumbags who have tried to sabotage his career at sundry other promotions. I can't speak to Flair's finances, but if he can afford to go home and stay home, he should
This part sound much like the WWE offices at times to me???
But all kidding aside Flair went to TNA/Impact knowing what he was doing and he was wanting.... In a way I think Flair was wanting one final hooray or goodbye....
I could see him and TNA/Impact putting differences aside... Most likely they will.... Thus letting him live out what ever his contract length was....
As for Flair finances..... half or all of his ex wives get that or his divorce attorney....

Rich Cranium
07-20-2011, 09:52 PM
i think he has run his course with TNA. Let him walk.

He has ran his course everywhere. Just keep him out of the ring.

HCollins-TNA1
07-21-2011, 04:19 PM
He has ran his course everywhere. Just keep him out of the ring.

or so most of us think..... he want retire or stay retire..... sad to think it... but he like most wrestlers will wrestle till he physically can't....

maar13
07-21-2011, 06:14 PM

And from what has been reported and people had said in interviews, they pay for appearance and a percentage of all that you mentioned and they is a downside guarantee I believe.

HCollins-TNA1
07-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Seen just today Flair talking of challenging for the TNA title in September..... One last hooray maybe????