PDA

View Full Version : Why is WWE PPVs like this

HCollins-TNA1
07-17-2011, 07:12 PM
I think this hurts WWE more then anything with smaller PPVs....
They always advertise the top matches World, HW, MITBs, and maybe another match.... But they don't other matches thus adding them last minute to the card.....
Take for example the IC title and US title/champions isn't advertised thus.... they add them or one in a improptu match and have them job them over.....

What are your guys thoughts on this??

clh2285
07-17-2011, 07:40 PM
Just enjoy the good stuff we are getting right now ;)

King Scrapper
07-17-2011, 07:50 PM
Shut up. Daniel Bryan just won MITB. That alone is one of the biggest things to happen this year.

clh2285
07-17-2011, 07:53 PM
Daniel Bryan just won MITB
That was what my ";)" was about :D

HCollins-TNA1
07-17-2011, 07:55 PM
No it isn't..... Predictable if i say so myself......

VanHooliganX
07-17-2011, 10:57 PM
I'm not complaining.
- Punk vs. Cena was a match of the year candidate and the ending was well thought out with great build up
- Smackdown MITB was a good match.
- I can't complain with Del Rio winning cause I never give tired of watching his armbreaker lol
- Divas match was good for a divas match
- Christian vs. Orton was even better than the OTL match (Plus I wanted Christian to win :D) lol

Excluding annoying commentary I thought this was a very good PPV. If all small PPVs were like this I doubt many people would care we were in the PG era. (Obviously PPVs like night of champions won't be this good but i'm really looking forward to seeing what will happen)

Ruthless_Aggression
07-17-2011, 11:00 PM
No it isn't..... Predictable if i say so myself......

Predictable? After everyone whining that ADR was gonna cash it in and take the title no matter who wins? Some people there is just no winning over...

HCollins-TNA1
07-17-2011, 11:06 PM
Predictable? After everyone whining that ADR was gonna cash it in and take the title no matter who wins? Some people there is just no winning over...

It was...... For Smackdown..... I could see Daniel Bryan vs Christian feud..... anybody else i don't think so!!!!!
As for ADR... I seen him winning, thus he was involved at the end of the MITB PPV, thus he didn't really cash in his title shot yet. where Vince called him down to ring......

Ruthless_Aggression
07-17-2011, 11:17 PM
It was...... For Smackdown..... I could see Daniel Bryan vs Christian feud..... anybody else i don't think so!!!!!
As for ADR... I seen him winning, thus he was involved at the end of the MITB PPV, thus he didn't really cash in his title shot yet. where Vince called him down to ring......

In my point of view, if Sheamus won, it would of been predictable. But the WWE finally throwing the IWC a bone? To say that is predictable is just asinine and I know if Sheamus did indeed win, you would call it just as predictable. As for ADR, cashing and winning it is a bit different of a scenario than an attempt to and getting a swerving kick to the head instead.

SilverGhost
07-17-2011, 11:24 PM
I don't know what are you thinking Collins but this is what I saw: A proper build up of a main event, two good ladder matches with good winners, two great championship matches(with the main event getting the most views BECAUSE of the build up), the crowd was into it, Punk and Cena told a story in the ring.

Don't see how this hurts the WWE. Don't see anything predictable now. Oh and before you say anything on the MITB winners......Daniel Bryan is STILL not there yet and probably is gonna get polished for the WHC soon but Orton and Christian feud will probably go on a bit longer then Bryan comes in but I still bet you that Orton is still a part of it.

HCollins-TNA1
07-17-2011, 11:30 PM
I don't know what are you thinking Collins but this is what I saw: A proper build up of a main event, two good ladder matches with good winners, two great championship matches(with the main event getting the most views BECAUSE of the build up), the crowd was into it, Punk and Cena told a story in the ring.

Don't see how this hurts the WWE. Don't see anything predictable now. Oh and before you say anything on the MITB winners......Daniel Bryan is STILL not there yet and probably is gonna get polished for the WHC soon but Orton and Christian feud will probably go on a bit longer then Bryan comes in but I still bet you that Orton is still a part of it.

They built up the title matches good as always......
Money in the Bank really didn't take shape till last weeks shows..... for the most part...
Mark Henry and Big Show had a decent build as well...
then the Bellas vs Kelly Kelly had a decent build with their feud or what ever one want to call it....
My only thing is why overlook the secondary champions.... where was Ziggler or big Zeke.... they could had gave Big Zeke a squash match and make him into a fighting champion.... or even Zack Ryder gave him some attention for at 5 minutes....

Ruthless_Aggression
07-17-2011, 11:30 PM

I think D-Bryan is gonna hold onto the briefcase for awhile. Maybe do an underdog angle with Mark Henry over his briefcase and whether or not he is a fluke winner. That way, he can continually brush up on his mic work and charisma before he is ready to cash that sucker in.

HCollins-TNA1
07-17-2011, 11:35 PM

Actually think Orton going to get in a feud with Sheamous or Kane or someone after or going into Summer Slam to work through most of September ...... Thus setting up Daniel Byran vs Christian for Night of Champions????
I think it predictable for Smack Down although you or others might not see it that way....

Necroyeti
07-17-2011, 11:39 PM
HCollins, as a fellow mark of the midcard belts, I must say that it would've been the wrong place and time for an IC or US title defense at that PPV.

The main event was a very long match, and MITB matches are long by default. A random IC match with zero build and no drawing power would've only eaten into the times of those matches and thus made them rushed and therefore shittier. Furthermore, I personally don't believe that squash title matches puts over belts in the slightest (especially against criminally underrated talent like Tyson Kidd)... but while WWE is still in the habit of booking these, I'd rather they keep that trash on free TV so I can fast forward through it, thank you very much.

SilverGhost
07-17-2011, 11:40 PM
HCollins, as a fellow mark of the midcard belts, I must say that it would've been the wrong place and time for an IC or US title defense at that PPV.

The main event was a very long match, and MITB matches are long by default. A random IC match with zero build and no drawing power would've only eaten into the times of those matches and thus made them rushed and therefore shittier. Furthermore, I personally don't believe that squash title matches puts over belts in the slightest (especially against criminally underrated talent like Tyson Kidd)... but while WWE is still in the habit of booking these, I'd rather they keep that trash on free TV so I can fast forward through it, thank you very much.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SilverGhost
07-17-2011, 11:41 PM
Actually think Orton going to get in a feud with Sheamous or Kane or someone after or going into Summer Slam to work through most of September ...... Thus setting up Daniel Byran vs Christian for Night of Champions????
I think it predictable for Smack Down although you or others might not see it that way....

Orton and Sheamus again? Orton and Kane?

Orton will still have his chances at the title.

HCollins-TNA1
07-17-2011, 11:43 PM

It wouldn't had been the 1st or wouldn't be the last if they had a random title match.....
Squashes is good if the right wrestler doing squash and the right one is on the losing end.... It sad a wrestler or several don't get used who could be used.....

HCollins-TNA1
07-17-2011, 11:47 PM
Orton and Sheamus again? Orton and Kane?

Orton will still have his chances at the title.

I think it time to give Christian a longer run...... Get Orton out of the title picture for a few months..... maybe a feud with Cody Rhodes???? Change up the scene instead of have it predictable.... if you know what I mean.....