PDA

View Full Version : Something That Doesn't Have To Do With CM Punk

Rated_R(ob)KO
07-16-2011, 05:45 AM
I lied. EVERYTHING has to do with CM Punk. I haven't been on this board (fully) for a couple weeks now and I've missed out on the BEST thing to happen in PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING in a long time. Yeah, I've written about it in a blog or two, and I've surfed a tiny bit but, I haven't been able to fully emerse myself and I was thinking, how many others are still feeling mind blown about the situation? This is literally the levels of "crazy" antics that I've been waiting for for a long time now. I know this has been discussed to death by now but, I still would like:

1.) Your initial feeling.

2.) How you feel about it now.

3.) What can be expected. Possibly.

Please feel free to post on here and I am 100% fully back now. AND this is my 600th post! Whoo!

Hammy
07-16-2011, 05:58 AM
1.) Your initial feeling. Wow like did that actually just happen!

2.) How you feel about it now. its made me actually not want to miss anything again. I haven't been like this for a long long time!

3.) What can be expected. Possibly. well im expecting wwe to muck it up and it be very lame but its still made me take monday off work so i can stay up to watch it! n that never ever ever happens.

K-Jammin
07-16-2011, 06:34 AM
1. HOLY SHIT!

2. Was abit gutted when i found out it was a worked shoot, but then after thinking about it i started to think because the "E" allowed this to happen then they must have something big planned, which is why i can't wait for MITB!

3. Im expecting two things . . 1. Vince screws Cena out of the title and joins forces with Punk, handing him a new contract aswell as the title 2. SuperCena buries Punk and we never see Punk again.

The Brown One
07-16-2011, 06:45 AM
1) My jaw dropped and I couldn't believe that Punk said what he said! It was one of the best promos I've heard in YEARS.
2) No one will come close to a promo like this for a very long time (except maybe The Rock?). That promo still gives me goosebumps!
3) *Cena wins cleanly and Punk takes some time off after "leaving" (JUDGING BY PUNK'S INTERVIEW, THIS IS LIKELY TO HAPPEN)
*Punk beats Cena and the ROH guys show up and the invasion storyline begins
*Punk beats Cena. The Raw MITB winner cashes in on Punk straight after Punk's win, and wins the WWE title. Cena is not fired as Punk never left Chicago with the WWE title. Punk takes some time off
*Punk beats Cena and takes the WWE title away from the WWE, possibly taking it to other wrestling companies. Cena is fired for a week. New silver WWE title is introduced and ADR vs Cena is set for Summerslam (assuming that ADR wins MITB and Cena gets a WWE title shot after returning in a week after being fired)

P.S. I wondered where you went! Good to have you back bro.

Siracul
07-16-2011, 07:10 AM
1) I was absolutely speechless, I had my mouth wide open in disbelief, as The Brown One said, my jaw dropped, I was like "Is this really happening ?" Just amazing mark out moment, haven't had a mark out moment in a very VERY long time, I can't even remember the last time i marked out (And NO I didn't have an orgasm when The Rock returned sorry to disappoint some people)

2) After the John Cena - McMahon promo I thought, well, they ruined it, especially with the stipulation that if Punk walks out with the title Cena is fired, let's face it, the day Cena gets fired in this era is the day it snows on the sun.
However after the Punk & McMahon promo (BEFORE Cena so rudely killed it) I found myself interested yet again, actually marking out YET AGAIN, it was absolutely, positively, one of, if not the best promos i have ever seen, and the way Vince played along with it was kind of nice to see, haven't seen Vince be someone's bitch since Stone Cold Steve Freaking Austin :D

3) Some people say a NEW ERA will start, CM Punk will be its leader, just like Stone Cold in the Attitude Era.
Sorry but I don't buy it. This company had one hell of a chance last year with Nexus, it was absolutely AMAZING, it could've gone on and paved the way for younger guys, Wade Barrett could've been World Champ by now, but what do we have now ? The Corre (Which was so awful they had to disband it in a few months) and the New Nexus (Which barely get air time and if they do get it, they get it while being squashed). So why should i expect a company that fucked such an angle up, an angle that could've been a turning point in the company's product, to do the right thing with CM Punk's promos & angle ?
Call me a pessimist but I only see this having a temporary effect on the WWE if CM Punk does not walk out with the WWE Title.
This is simply my humble opinion.

The Brown One
07-16-2011, 07:53 AM
3) Some people say a NEW ERA will start, CM Punk will be its leader, just like Stone Cold in the Attitude Era.
Sorry but I don't buy it. This company had one hell of a chance last year with Nexus, it was absolutely AMAZING, it could've gone on and paved the way for younger guys, Wade Barrett could've been World Champ by now, but what do we have now ? 1)The Corre (Which was so awful they had to disband it in a few months) and 2)the New Nexus (Which barely get air time and if they do get it, they get it while being squashed). So why should i expect a company that fucked such an angle up, an angle that could've been a turning point in the company's product, to do the right thing with CM Punk's promos & angle ?
Call me a pessimist but I only see this having a temporary effect on the WWE if CM Punk does not walk out with the WWE Title.

1) IMO the Corre was better than The New Nexus. It had the best wrestlers of the Old Nexus (except Bryan) and they put on good matches.
2) The New Nexus get airtime every week! After all, they are the tagteam champs. But you are right about the WWE most likely f*cking this up since they make for horrible wrestlers and tagteam champs.

Rated_R(ob)KO
07-16-2011, 07:56 AM
Sorry but I don't buy it. This company had one hell of a chance last year with Nexus, it was absolutely AMAZING, it could've gone on and paved the way for younger guys, Wade Barrett could've been World Champ by now, but what do we have now ? The Corre (Which was so awful they had to disband it in a few months) and the New Nexus (Which barely get air time and if they do get it, they get it while being squashed). So why should i expect a company that fucked such an angle up, an angle that could've been a turning point in the company's product, to do the right thing with CM Punk's promos & angle ?

I've been seeing this right here a lot. But answer me this, has anyone actually sat down and thought, well... they fucked up BIG TIME last year with The Nexus, maybe they realized what they did wrong. Call me an optimist but, it seems like since January THE 'E has been:

1.) Pandering as much as they can to the older fans.
2.) Giving us feuds/matches we want to see with the current generation.
3.) New stars.
4.) Gimmicks.

Etc, etc. It really does feel like 2011 has been very DIFFERENT than 2008-2010. I think they feel it too. Something has to give. They're walking a VERY fine line right now, they know they can't fuck this up. Ever since CM Punk took over The Nexus, he's been spouting one word. And that one word will make me know this will end amazingly. And that word is "faith". I have it.

Goldust22
07-16-2011, 08:56 AM
1. I wonder how many people actually think this is real.
2. It was diiferent for a character to break the 3rd wall one of the best promos for many years as it was a compete shock.
3. If WWE dosent sign Colt Cabana by MITB then CM Punk will leave WWE i can actually see Nexus turning on him and costing him the match making one of there own the new leader of nexus.

eboy
07-16-2011, 08:58 AM
Awesome Punk walking out the door and giving Vince the V's on the way

well its just an angle

Punk stays
Please feel free to post on here and I am 100% fully back now. AND this is my 600th post! Whoo![/QUOTE]

jethro
07-16-2011, 10:06 AM
Feel exciting

Still exciting because it's still real to me damn it

Punk end his WWE run with a grand slam,I really don't want him to go elsewhere...I want to see him in WWE

Snair
07-16-2011, 10:24 AM
2. SuperCena buries Punk and we never see Punk again.

Noo! I dont think Punk deserves a Batista like treatment.

Siracul
07-16-2011, 10:30 AM
1) IMO the Corre was better than The New Nexus. It had the best wrestlers of the Old Nexus (except Bryan) and they put on good matches.
2) The New Nexus get airtime every week! After all, they are the tagteam champs. But you are right about the WWE most likely f*cking this up since they make for horrible wrestlers and tagteam champs.

The Original Nexus' debut was the first time i marked out watching a WWE show, I believe that was the first mark out moment since 07 or 06, so you can kind of understand my frustration :D They fucked up BIG TIME :D
Also we all know that Tag Champs = Nobodies anymore.
When the Tag Team Champions, who are used to teaming together, who are supposed to be a great amazing team with great chemistry (qualities that allowed them to win the Tag Team Championship) lose to a SINGLES wrestler in a HANDICAP match, no matter how popular or good that wrestler is, to me, that's borderline burying, so tbh i discount the Tag titles as a championship in WWE, more like a toy version of the World title, worthless.
Edit : Also yes i do believe that The Corre was way better than Nexus, now I'm not high on either Slater or Jackson but The Corre had Barrett & Gabriel while New Nexus only had CM Punk & McGuillicutty. So yeah Corre was better
And yes they're getting airtime but when they get it, they're either shown beaten up, or included in a match where they almost ALWAYS lose.

I've been seeing this right here a lot. But answer me this, has anyone actually sat down and thought, well... they fucked up BIG TIME last year with The Nexus, maybe they realized what they did wrong. Call me an optimist but, it seems like since January THE 'E has been:

1.) Pandering as much as they can to the older fans.
2.) Giving us feuds/matches we want to see with the current generation.
3.) New stars.
4.) Gimmicks.

Etc, etc. It really does feel like 2011 has been very DIFFERENT than 2008-2010. I think they feel it too. Something has to give. They're walking a VERY fine line right now, they know they can't fuck this up. Ever since CM Punk took over The Nexus, he's been spouting one word. And that one word will make me know this will end amazingly. And that word is "faith". I have it.

1) I don't really see how the E is catering to older fans, the nostalgia Rock act (Not that I'm not happy one of my childhood heroes is back) and the CM Punk promos please the older guys, also maybe Christian & R-Truth finally getting a push pleases the older fans as well, other than that I don't understand what else can be considered catering to the older fans.

2)Feuds
Yes indeed, you are right, the E has been giving some really good feuds, Christian Vs. Orton being a simple example. (although i think this feud is getting old and that Christian should've won at Over The Limit but I kind of understand now that Christian wasn't fully a heel yet)
Also the R-Truth - Cena feud which I found to be VERY interesting all thanks to R-Truth's new gimmick.
And also the Rhodes & Bryan feud
However, speaking of feuds, ADR has had no memorable feud since moving to RAW (None that I remember, other than a few encounters with Mysterio), we are watching Kofi Vs. Ziggler for the 100th time.

3)New stars :
They actually did something with Mark Henry, a man i thought the highlight of his career would be his period in WWE-ECW where he was a dominant beast, now he actually feels threatening and dangerous on SmackDown!, now I'm not a fan of Mark Henry but when you take someone who was basically a nobody, all hype no action, and turn him into a beast, that deserves praising.
The Usos as well as Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater are starting to look like credible tag teams and having very entertaining matches in my opinion, Christian is finally a main event guy as is R-Truth, last Friday on SmackDown! Kane looked as if though he's trying to return once again to the monster persona which is always great.

However :
Wasted New Stars : Drew McIntyre, this guy was fucking awesome in the Chosen One gimmick, handpicked by VKM to be a World Champion... wasn't VKM the man who put him in a handicap match up alongside Ziggler against Show ? Way to be handpicked, Drew has been jobbing since last year for God knows why, getting super kicked by Shawn, losing every single match that airs on any show other than Superstars, and lately taking a bad fall thanks to two mammoths.
Also Ted Dibiase Jr. what the fuck happened to this guy ? I remember in Legacy I thought, man that guy is gonna breakthrough after he's done, instead he's reduced to jobber and lost every single match for about 4 months or even more.
I won't keep talking we know there are MANY wasted talents in the E

Also more info on the gimmicks you were referring to in #4 would be appreciated ;)

Sorry if this was long but when I start writing I don't stop till I'm done :D

AOF666
07-16-2011, 12:10 PM
Punks promos been really good. This could of been one of best story lines in a long time, but knowing Cena vs Rock at Wrestlemania 28 takes the excitement out of it. Makes even worse they are promoting tickets for Wrestlemania 28 with Cena vs Rock.

spidercentz
07-16-2011, 12:27 PM
1.) Your initial feeling. Wow, this is cool but obviously staged.

2.) How you feel about it now. CM Punk just moved up to my top 5 favorite superstars.

3.) What can be expected. Possibly. I expect a great match between Punk and Cena, two of the WWE's biggest stars and they're both in my top 5.