PDA

View Full Version : Could WWE and ROH work together?

Ruthless_Aggression
07-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Just a thought considering back in the day, WWF and ECW had a semi-decent relationship where Vince would work cross promotional angles, talent exchanges, and even financial aid from time to time. So I was thinking that WWE could have the same friendly competition with ROH. Since two weeks ago, RAW finally acknowledged ROH's existence, could this be a start in a mutually beneficial relationship? Thoughts?

Enforcer23
07-15-2011, 12:56 PM
might be BUT that was for Punks sake of the promo..they might have wanted to add a reatistc vibe to it seeming they were going for the whole punk shooting on wwe

The Hit Man
07-15-2011, 01:19 PM
I think it would definitely be beneficial for both companies but it's unlikely to happen.

thejman93
07-15-2011, 01:23 PM
It'd be fantastic for ROH but I can't see Vince doing this nowadays; he's getting more stubborn in his old age. :D

samoan619
07-15-2011, 01:38 PM
Im hoping for something like this to happen with Punk, Colt, Claudio, Hero, and Tyler Black.. I can only hope though..

TheRockerGother
07-15-2011, 01:51 PM
Won't happen unless Vince buys ROH.

Juvenile Junkie
07-15-2011, 01:55 PM
Just a thought considering back in the day, WWF and ECW had a semi-decent relationship where Vince would work cross promotional angles, talent exchanges, and even financial aid from time to time. So I was thinking that WWE could have the same friendly competition with ROH. Since two weeks ago, RAW finally acknowledged ROH's existence, could this be a start in a mutually beneficial relationship? Thoughts?

Ring Of Honor could be the new Ohio Valley Wrestling

Blinker
07-15-2011, 03:30 PM
Ring Of Honor could be the new Ohio Valley Wrestling

I was thinking that too, but ROH is will be getting it's own TV time soon. I guess it could still be the "minors" to the WWE, but not be considering the weak underling. Maybe combine Raw and Smackdown under the same roster and have ROH be the other brand. Next year's videogame "WWE vs ROH" would be sweet!

Necroyeti
07-15-2011, 03:41 PM
No.

And no, it wouldn't be awesome.

AOF666
07-15-2011, 09:31 PM
I wonder if they been doing that already. I seen matches on youtube with Beth Phoenix and Winter(Katie Lea) maybe some others.

Tay Moran
07-15-2011, 10:00 PM
I think it would be benificial for ROH but the midcards on raw would get buried or lost in the shuffle

tad locust
07-15-2011, 10:14 PM
I don't think they will work together.ECW worked with WWE in 1997 because of WCWs popularity and the fact that they had similar demographics.ROHs demographic is the exact opposite of WWEs currently and they really have no reason to form a relationship.

HCollins-TNA1
07-15-2011, 11:52 PM
Wouldn't work..... WWE would drive ROH out of business.....

jordan1995
07-16-2011, 02:00 AM
it would elevate ROH but theses days I couldn't see Vince cooperating with any other company

Juvenile Junkie
07-16-2011, 04:59 AM
ROH would provide the WWE with its replacement to Funaki and Johnny Parisi.

If DDP and Rhino were tossed aside after the Invasion Styorylin,never gracing the main evewnt scene again,what makes you think that some indy wrestler would be treated differently?

Scott Steiner had a feud with HHH,after that it was midcard and Heat!AND THATS SCOTT STEINER!!!!!!!!

Rated_R(ob)KO
07-16-2011, 05:31 AM
I had actually made a blog about this some time ago but for some reason Frnak never posted it. It made it on to the boards however but, here is a direct version of it. By the way, I'm back! =)... Don't know if anyone cares though lol. Here's the post:

STATE OF THE 'E: A Business Venture VKM Needs To Do!
by Rated_R(ob)KO
05-09-2011 at 02:48 AM (5 Views)

I understand that his "Professional Wrestling" promoting days may be behind him but there's many things he's failed at, bodybuilding league, wwe restaurant, wwe niagra falls, XFL, all of the above. Not to mention food ventures and now movie ventures. (For the most part.)... But there was a bolt of lighting that struck me right here at 3am.... and it's a bold idea...

We all know that THE 'E tour internationally but they never do VS. bouts... TNA and New Japan do it yearly, CMLL and AAA do it, AAA and TNA are the newest to jump on the trend so, why not THE 'E? Well simply, VKM is afraid. He's afraid of success. Why you ask? Because it's pressure. THE 'E has gotten comfortable. I'm calling it now, VKM is a sad case of what he used to be. He's lost the competitive edge. He bought all of his competition to make up for his inadequacies and now he's stuck.

His closest competition is TNA and he's still lightyears ahead of them. But when it comes to pure wrestling, there are many other companies lightyears ahead of him. I wonder what it would be like if VKM actually tried his hand and had a WWE VS. CMLL tournament or even just a super card. I don't know why he's not doing it. It's been a proven fact for TNA that when they compete with New Japan, THAT gets the highest ratings, THAT is when TNA performs their best and THAT is when they get their most attention.

If THE 'E wants to do International like they say they do, I would hope instead of stealing talent (like he's currently doing. Ex, Sin Cara and Alberto Del Rio.) he will actually build relationships with them so everyone can be fruitful. He did it with ECW in the past and it helped WWF become a powerhouse. Why doesn't VKM see that the STATE OF THE 'E calls for some sort of cromraterie?

I know they'll survive, I know the other companies will flounder and I know VKM will continue to sit on his pedistal acting like he's the king. When in fact, he's "King Nothing". Where's your crown? .

I guess its something only a niche audience would probably like/respect. It's not a very popular opinion for some reason.