PDA

View Full Version : ROH Faction? Really? Really?

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-15-2011, 10:46 AM
First off, ROH is good and this is not a knock on it at all.

I have been hearing a lot about a "ROH Faction" that is supposed to go and help Punk beat Cena starting this "ROH Invasion" angle. To that I have to say, why? You think anyone who watches WWE outside of the internet know/care about anyone in ROH? I guarantee even with Punk mentioning Cabana multiple times, when/if he walks out very, very few people are going to know who he is. Even I, who casually watch ROH here and there would not recognize 90% of the roster on the street. To me, this would make no sense. WWE already has a faction filled with "Indy Stars" that no one really cares about led by a superstar...

THE NEXUS
(yeah I forgot they were in WWE still, too)

If this would happen, the only one's who are going to care are the 10%ers (us) and the whole angle will eventually get ruined by WWE's creative. Remember how much the IWC blew up after the debut of The Nexus? How is that going for them now?

68wPayne
07-15-2011, 10:58 AM
Well back in 1997 ECW invaded RAW back when nobody really knew who they were, so it's not outside the realm of possibility that some nobodies invade Raw.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-15-2011, 11:00 AM
Well back in 1997 ECW invaded RAW back when nobody really knew who they were, so it's not outside the realm of possibility that some nobodies invade Raw.

They did this 6 months or so ago with Nexus...

Moose
07-15-2011, 11:02 AM
I think IF this were to happen, a ROH invasion, ROH wont be mentioned at all and it would just be CM Punk "restocking" The Nexus and cutting Otunga and White Bread out of Nexus. Possibly Leading to Otunga and McGillicutti to join with Ryder.

Blinker
07-15-2011, 11:12 AM
I definitely see where you're coming from. VERY few people would recognize the ROH stars. The reason I COULD see this happen is because the WWE wants to a) test the water with some wrestlers instead of superstars to see how the audience takes and b) have a fellow company make a name. I know, those reasons sound dumb, but think about it. The WWE recognizes that fans question the Superstars wrestling abilities. Don't believe me? Watch Punks promo's again. If they can show that ROH wrestlers are true wrestlers and that WWE superstars can compete on the same level or better it proves that fact that the WWE does have the best competitors. As for helping a fellow company, they've done it before. Why would they do it now? I think they believe if they help ROH and get them notoriety that they can compete directly with TNA. Why would they want that? Because TNA takes shots at WWE all the time and capitalize on there former stars. It's below the WWE to go after them directly. It would appear as the big bad company bullying the little guys. BUT if they can build up ROH, then ROH can compete on a similar level and really put the screws to TNA. Of course all of this is my own opinion.

I enjoy all wrestling myself and I'm not say WWE or ROH is better than TNA.

IrkenInvader
07-15-2011, 11:16 AM
Spoiler: No matter who they bring in Cena will bury them.

Juvenile Junkie
07-15-2011, 11:48 AM

1997,when wrestling was popular.And Ring of honor is a mere indy fed.The least worst out of all the bad indy feds

Juvenile Junkie
07-15-2011, 11:49 AM

and then orton will too

and 12 months later you will see 1 of these ROH invaders in TNA.

the-rocks-stunner
07-15-2011, 12:25 PM

http://www.legaljuice.com/yawn%20big%20funny.jpg

Lamar8902
07-15-2011, 12:44 PM

Exactly that's what I've been thinking no matter what happens Cena will bury each and everyone just like he did with nexus and everyone else who came before and after nexus sorry but the truth why cause VKM said so but if ROH does invade wwe it would be freaking epic but in the end it will suck like every other storyline in the wwe involving Cena

The Hit Man
07-15-2011, 12:49 PM
I don't think an ROH stable is a bad idea but I think people seem to forget that you need to sign the guys first before you can form a stable with them and have them involved in the main event!

Enforcer23
07-15-2011, 12:54 PM
First off, ROH is good and this is not a knock on it at all.

I have been hearing a lot about a "ROH Faction" that is supposed to go and help Punk beat Cena starting this "ROH Invasion" angle. To that I have to say, why? You think anyone who watches WWE outside of the internet know/care about anyone in ROH? I guarantee even with Punk mentioning Cabana multiple times, when/if he walks out very, very few people are going to know who he is. Even I, who casually watch ROH here and there would not recognize 90% of the roster on the street. To me, this would make no sense. WWE already has a faction filled with "Indy Stars" that no one really cares about led by a superstar...

THE NEXUS
(yeah I forgot they were in WWE still, too)

If this would happen, the only one's who are going to care are the 10%ers (us) and the whole angle will eventually get ruined by WWE's creative. Remember how much the IWC blew up after the debut of The Nexus? How is that going for them now?

and added on to it do you think vince would do that to much publicity for ROH IMO