PDA

View Full Version : Actual Wrestlers?

clrj3514
07-15-2011, 08:48 AM
I know there are at least a few here that actually wrestle but who all here wrestles for real?

What's your gimmick, style, accomplishments etc.?

MattElder
07-15-2011, 09:05 AM
I did wrestle until an injury at work put a stop to it. My Name was Matt "The Force" Elder. My gimmick was pretty much just a white guy who loves hip hop and r n b,

My claim to fame is being in the ring with non other than Mason Ryan in a complete squash match, the match lasted like 2 and half minutes or so.

eboy
07-17-2011, 08:10 AM
I did wrestle until an injury at work put a stop to it. My Name was Matt "The Force" Elder. My gimmick was pretty much just a white guy who loves hip hop and r n b,

My claim to fame is being in the ring with non other than Mason Ryan in a complete squash match, the match lasted like 2 and half minutes or so.

Impressive where did you wrestle Ryan?

I'd love to be a Wrestler some day and have found a Trainer near me and hopefully will check it out this Summer

kickass
07-17-2011, 08:16 AM
I know there are at least a few here that actually wrestle but who all here wrestles for real?

What's your gimmick, style, accomplishments etc.?

im a wrestler. my gimmick is a cocky rapper heel who beleives he is better than all the legends. my style is a high flyin sort of style but im not too good in the ring at the moment, i use a swanton bomb as my finisher

IrkenInvader
07-17-2011, 08:19 AM
I do backyard wrestling with my friends and I am the best of my group. But, I am very limited by outside forces, not a lot of wrestlers in my area to do any actual shows, not having the money to go to a trainer. I would love to do it but I don't see it happening.

MattElder
07-17-2011, 08:30 AM
Impressive where did you wrestle Ryan?

I'd love to be a Wrestler some day and have found a Trainer near me and hopefully will check it out this Summer

It was on a butlins site. I used to do alot for a guy in my area who does all the holiday camps,

If you saw it you wouldnt be that impressed lol

eboy
07-17-2011, 11:41 AM
It was on a butlins site. I used to do alot for a guy in my area who does all the holiday camps,

If you saw it you wouldnt be that impressed lol

congrats Dude
i've seen a few shows at Butlins Unfrotunatly

Manabu
07-17-2011, 12:30 PM
I wrestled under the name siggy gomez, the idea was I was a german golden boy
but I left after a botched powerbomb left me with whiplash

nrb6304
07-17-2011, 05:10 PM
I've been training on and off for the past couple of years. A lot of crooks and dumbasses in the wrestling world. The public can only imagine. I've reffed more then a few matches, announced, commentated, and done promo work for a couple of feds here in the San Antonio metro area.

ihearvoices
07-17-2011, 05:25 PM
I wrestle and my Gimmick is the same as the one i have with JBW my in ring name is "Kiddson" my Gimmick is basically a heel who feels everything should just be handed down to him because its his birth right. Real simple but my promos have really help make my Character grow more in depth lately

K-Jammin
07-18-2011, 12:22 PM
Never been paid to wrestle but a friend of mine has a dad who owns a wrestling ring so we know the basics, take quite a few bumps aswell. Wouldn't mind joining a local wrestling show soon.

Enforcer23
07-20-2011, 11:52 AM
man id love to be a wrestler just not really shure on where to start

Manabu
07-20-2011, 06:11 PM
man id love to be a wrestler just not really shure on where to start

Look around for a local wrestling school/company or someone who works at one, if you're really interested you shouldnt worry about making a journey to another city
if that fails find some friends who are interested who have a trampoline(or save up and buy one) but if you're doing it that way you need a fairly big one and need to be extremely careful, dont try anything like german suplexes
Try doing clotheslines, russian leg sweeps etc basic moves that wont result in a big injury

clrj3514
07-20-2011, 08:04 PM
Look around for a local wrestling school/company or someone who works at one, if you're really interested you shouldnt worry about making a journey to another city
if that fails find some friends who are interested who have a trampoline(or save up and buy one) but if you're doing it that way you need a fairly big one and need to be extremely careful, dont try anything like german suplexes
Try doing clotheslines, russian leg sweeps etc basic moves that wont result in a big injury

YES! I've never been serious about it but my cousin & I used to wrestle hard on the trampoline. Powerbombs, piledrivers, suplexes, flips etc.

I trained my younger cousin on some stuff. A lot of fan.

I agree clotheslines & leg sweeps are good moves to practice. DDTs & body slams in the center are safe. You can do vertical suplexes safely as long as you make sure you're close to one side so there's plenty of room. Make sure both people feel VERY safe with it before trying.

Just DON'T try high risk stuff, trust me.

HolyJose2391
07-20-2011, 09:04 PM
I've been wanting to do KYDA wrestling it's in my hometown. They trained Mickie James and Sonjay Dutt. But I wrestled in high school heavyweight division does that count? Haha I really wanna get back on the mat

Enforcer23
07-21-2011, 02:19 AM
thanks guys i did have a thought about making a ring...and yeah theres alot of money invloved...but if i can get some mates i know...who might wanna do it we could all pay for it...and start off doing basic stuff

rko619
07-21-2011, 02:47 AM
i used to wrestle a few mates in their or my livin room we made our own promotion wrestle junior and we used the replica cheap wwe title belts as titles .
my gimmick was big daddy L
and my gimmick was that i was a heel and i was like a coward type guy who would win by any means nessicerry and usually used weapons to win
my finishers were the sharpshooter and i used to get their ancle on the floor and but all my weight on the ancle(i called it pepsi go to the max)