PDA

View Full Version : Are you for or against Michael Cole?

Joey Bats
07-14-2011, 07:41 PM
Michael "Please Shut the Fuck Up" Cole, has been both heel and face throughout his 14 years with the WWE. He has been heel for the last portion of his career, while taking it over the top and acting like a male version of Roseanne Barr during every goddamn broadcast imaginable. As of late he has calmed his role into a sniper type asshole, like asking Booker what the hell he is taking about after every sentence, which has allowed me to withstand him for 4 hours a week. I too am an asshole so I can appreciate a little snide remark here and there so as of now, I am for him. Plus, Lawler is bowl of shit soup.

Ruthless_Aggression
07-14-2011, 07:46 PM
I like this heel Cole, and since after Over the Limit he kinda mellowed out to a more tolerable level.

alexrules01
07-14-2011, 07:52 PM
Ive always thought Cole is way better on Smackdown than RAW. I don't know why, he's just never fit on RAW.
Him and Booker going at it is pretty funny

Chavo
07-14-2011, 07:56 PM
Probably the biggest insult you can give to an "entertainer" but to me Cole is nothing, I have no feeling towards him one way or the other...when he gets on the mic as heel or answers gm e-mails it doesnt bother me or fill me with joy, just emptiness

Markedoutforlife
07-14-2011, 07:58 PM
Ok, a heel commentator is fine. I even appreciate how he puts over the other heels. Why isnt he afraid of booker t?

Russo swerve
07-14-2011, 08:30 PM
Cole is the man and I love how he gets on booker t its funny to me some of u ppl need to loosen up

Tomsta666
07-14-2011, 08:49 PM
His feud with Lawler got a bit tiresome. Since that finished though, I've enjoyed his banter with Booker T. Since Booker usually talks out of his arse, and says some stupid stuff, Cole calling him out on his bullshit is amusing!!

Sydnister
07-14-2011, 08:55 PM
I am Michael Cole... and that prick has ruined a perfectly good name... lol

Anyrysm
07-14-2011, 09:14 PM
4 hours per week is just too much Cole. I like him with Josh Matthews. Josh seems to be able to handle the snide comments and is able to know when and went not to respond to his snarkiness. As for Jerry Lawler, he hasn't been good since he was a heel commentator coupled with JR. And coupled with Cole he's just awful. It seems like he spends half his time just trying to think of what to say in response to Cole's rapid fire remarks.

Personally I think Cole missed his calling as a manager. He could really shine in that role and help a lot of younger talent that haven't quite developed the necessary mic skills.

Russo swerve
07-14-2011, 10:07 PM
4 hours per week is just too much Cole. I like him with Josh Matthews. Josh seems to be able to handle the snide comments and is able to know when and went not to respond to his snarkiness. As for Jerry Lawler, he hasn't been good since he was a heel commentator coupled with JR. And coupled with Cole he's just awful. It seems like he spends half his time just trying to think of what to say in response to Cole's rapid fire remarks.

Personally I think Cole missed his calling as a manager. He could really shine in that role and help a lot of younger talent that haven't quite developed the necessary mic skills.

Managers in the E? Nah the last manager I can remember was armando estrada I might b wrong tho

Ruthless_Aggression
07-14-2011, 10:08 PM
Isn't Vickie Guerrero a manager? Or... business associate?

xrxprtyx
07-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Vickie Guerrero AND Ranjin Singh are current managers (ok Ranjin still isn't fired by wwe yet anyways)

Anyrysm
07-14-2011, 11:01 PM
I know managers haven't been around for awhile, I'm just saying Cole could have been a great one.

To be fare, Vickie Guerrero has been a phenomenal heel manager.

SESAfro
07-14-2011, 11:09 PM
I only like Cole when he bickers with Booker T. His comments toward Book are just hilarious, and are sometimes needed due to the lack of sense he has at times. They just complete each other for some reason.

Cole COULD have been a good manager but not for too long. Like during the Lawler fued, at about halfway through, I just couldn't get into his promos and would change the channel for something more interesting. It may have worked if he had many wrestlers to represent over an amount of time to keep him fresh.

Russo swerve
07-14-2011, 11:15 PM
Vickie Guerrero AND Ranjin Singh are current managers (ok Ranjin still isn't fired by wwe yet anyways)

O damn I was,thinkin so far back that I didnt even think about the,present silly me:D

HCollins-TNA1
07-14-2011, 11:17 PM
I like Cole myself.... like him more the Todd Pentigal who was annoying at times.....
Either let Cole act out his heel mannerisms or make him a straight up broadcaster again......

sincara
07-15-2011, 12:53 AM
i hate coles character

キングバム
07-15-2011, 01:21 AM
He has his moments where he makes situations seem believable. He just does not talk in over the top moments. For instance when a big face would come back JR an Jerry Lawler would have their respective orgasms an talk to each other like two little kids in a candy shop. Michael Cole hardly provides those moments an Jerry Lawler just sounds bored an tired on commentary these days. So my thoughts on Cole are questionable, but there are a few other commentators that make Cole look good.

JLeeDude1892
07-15-2011, 01:33 AM
Michael Cole is an amazing Commentator. People just hate him because JR is no longer there. I personally really like Michael Cole.

キングバム
07-15-2011, 01:36 AM
Michael Cole is an amazing Commentator. People just hate him because JR is no longer there. I personally really like Michael Cole.

No. Cole just fails to get certain moments across to the viewers. He usually just sits there an watches or cackles in the background. Sure I miss JR, but his time was up an it was time for him to get going. Michael Cole is better off on SD!. I believe that Josh Matthews could fill the mold better on Raw.

Snair
07-15-2011, 01:43 AM
Tbh I find Cole more interesting than Lawler.Lawler looks completly lost without JR and doesnt seem to enjoy his job(I might be wrong though).

キングバム
07-15-2011, 01:53 AM
Tbh I find Cole more interesting than Lawler.Lawler looks completly lost without JR and doesnt seem to enjoy his job(I might be wrong though).

Finally somebody else sees it. Jerry Lawler has not seemed interested in his job since JR stepped down. But then again I would probably get bored too if the product has been kind of the same since 2005. Jerry does get excited during over the top segments an fast paced matches though.

steveorton
07-15-2011, 07:44 AM
Cole is great at his job and the Smackdown commentators>>>>>>Raw commentators, I'm jus sayin...

steveorton
07-15-2011, 07:46 AM
I also think Lawler should be fired, I'm jus sayin...

Y2Jryder
07-15-2011, 08:43 AM

Ranjin is in the wwe creative team

Y2Jryder
07-15-2011, 08:44 AM
Cole + Booker t + Matthews = WIN

I like striker also

Cole miner ftw

Enforcer23
07-15-2011, 08:46 AM
I like this heel Cole, and since after Over the Limit he kinda mellowed out to a more tolerable level.

i agree with this he does his job pretty well i jsut wish they turned him heel manager for a wrestler would of been sick

Markedoutforlife
07-15-2011, 10:08 AM

Singh is also a writer if yuh didnt kno... He worked with finlay on some stuff this year obviously b4 fit was let go.

The Hit Man
07-15-2011, 11:30 AM
I think Cole does a great job as being a heel commentator. Him and Booker on Smackdown is hilarious! I love how he hits out with those snidy remarks and questions other peoples remarks. Even on NXT he was great and he really got under my skin during the whole Daniel Bryan angle which means hes doing a great job. He was also the reason why his match with Lawler at WM was so well built up. My only problem is though that he had like a 3 month long, very personal fued with Lawler and now they're back side by side commentating again. It just doesn't make sense. He should have either just stayed on Smackdown and move Matthews over to Raw or become a manager which I think he would have been great as.

Dr. Death
07-15-2011, 10:44 PM
I thought Cole's mic work as a heel with his feud with Lawler was great. He got a lot of heat and when someone is being a heel and can generate that much heat, especially for a commentater, then they're doing their job very well indeed. He actually got me to argue with him every time he started talking, (on tv of course), that my wife was telling me to just shut up or change the channel. That got me to thinking what a great job he was actually doing. It also made me feel foolish for yelling at the tv. He would in my humble opinion make a great manager, something I thought he was going to be for Jack Swagger.

zapphoman
07-16-2011, 01:16 AM
I appreciate Micheal Coles work, but there are just times that I think to myself, "Man, I wish I can kick his ass." Mainly, probably because he talks so much crap about Daniel Bryan. I do agree that he is alot more interesting than Lawler. If there isn't any "PUPPIES!" in the ring, he is just boring.

jordan1995
07-16-2011, 01:48 AM
cole plays his part well ...he annoys u because he is a heel ...but imo hes back to a normal cole lol