PDA

View Full Version : Article on how messed up TNA management is

Murdochhackedme
07-13-2011, 08:56 AM
http://www.cagesideseats.com/2011/7/12/2272422/nightmares-in-nashville

Ricci told me the story of one intern he worked alongside with, which he felt perfectly illustrated the unreasonable working conditions many in TNA face:

“There was this intern that came to work for us. Nice kid. He was hired simply to do some assisting in shipping. First month he worked for nothing. After that TNA paid for his travel as he handled merchandise for live events. TNA then gave him a rather pitiful salary because by this point he was exceeding 50 hours a week. This kid then ended up running ALL of the live events merchandise, as well as working 40 hours in the office. And that's not even including travel time. Unsurprisingly, he began to burn out as all the long hours and pressure of being put in a position he wasn't ready for took their toll. Terry and I would often find ourselves turning back around half way to the hotel to help the poor bastard inventory, figure out what he sold, and then help him pack up.

“This kid was smart and talented; he didn't deserve all this. Andy Barton kept stringing him along and promising him TNA would reward his hard work and sacrifices later, making him an official employee and giving him a very good raise. So the kid struggled on, even though he was exhausted, for six more months. In addition to the low-paying TNA job, he also spent the few spare hours he had working at a bar so he could afford an apartment.

“You know what great offer TNA made him in the end? $20,000 a year. And this was for the same long hours, hard work, and constant travel. To make matters worse, it was made clear to him he was expected to work even harder than he already was, because now they were giving him insurance. Flabbergasted, he gave his notice on the spot.”

And 20k was his REWARD? What was he making before that?

steveorton
07-13-2011, 09:30 AM
That was a long read but it was very interesting, it makes me wonder how Tna is still running, I'm jus sayin...

Enforcer23
07-13-2011, 09:39 AM
hhhmmm to me tna need some what of an overhaul yes keep the wretlers but backstage the management and with having so many veterns...they just need to go from square one and change everything

Murdochhackedme
07-13-2011, 09:44 AM
TNA really take advantage of how little regulating there is in pro wrestling. Stuff like living wages and medical coverage are not luxuries, they're rights.

WWE, if they really wanted to, could get away with this stuff, but even they're not that awful.

MrzigglesFTW!
07-13-2011, 10:08 AM
[QUOTE=Murdochhackedme;178467]http://www.cagesideseats.com/2011/7/12/2272422/nightmares-in-nashville

that was quite sad to read.. poor kid this makes me wonder how tna actually manage to hire people

IPOOPINTHEBATH
07-13-2011, 10:24 AM
That was a long read but it was very interesting, it makes me wonder how Tna is still running, I'm jus sayin...

That wasn't a long read at all. Unless you have the attention span of a goat. Jussayin.

Murdochhackedme
07-13-2011, 10:38 AM
[QUOTE=Murdochhackedme;178467]http://www.cagesideseats.com/2011/7/12/2272422/nightmares-in-nashville

that was quite sad to read.. poor kid this makes me wonder how tna actually manage to hire people

I think the article explains it. Everyone gets told "we have no money right now, but work hard for low pay now, and we will reward you later on." Never happens, of course.

Y2Jryder
07-13-2011, 10:39 AM
I don't have to read an article to tell you how messed up tna is

steveorton
07-13-2011, 10:44 AM
@IPITB did you click on the link, for an article I found it was long, I'm jus sayin...

IPOOPINTHEBATH
07-13-2011, 10:53 AM
My bad. I assumed the genius OP had posted the article in it's entirety.

helmsley
07-13-2011, 11:44 AM
well if they dont really pay good money to wrestlers what we can expect to other employees

TheRockerGother
07-13-2011, 01:48 PM
Isn't there already a thread about this but with Daffney as the main subject.

Xpacfan
07-13-2011, 03:00 PM
http://www.cagesideseats.com/2011/7/12/2272422/nightmares-in-nashville

And 20k was his REWARD? What was he making before that?

Um, welcome to the real world! Some times its unfair. TNA isn't the first major company to make their interns do a ton of work and barely pay them. Hell, at least they invested some money into the kid...its more than what a lot companies do!

Juvenile Junkie
07-13-2011, 03:45 PM
remember that other company from 10 years ago where every second cheque bounced................

Juvenile Junkie
07-13-2011, 03:48 PM
Um, welcome to the real world! Some times its unfair. TNA isn't the first major company to make their interns do a ton of work and barely pay them. Hell, at least they invested some money into the kid...its more than what a lot companies do!

on the other hand we have WCW once heckled for having masses of excess staff and wrestlers(although some doubled up as bookers,wink wink)

Rassling_Fan
07-13-2011, 09:03 PM
It's stuff like this that prevents me from watching TNA on TV.

IrkenInvader
07-13-2011, 09:11 PM
Maybe they should stop paying Carter Hogan and Bishoff until they agree to work 50 hrs a week

THEKEVINBRAND
07-13-2011, 09:15 PM

what....the..hell

WWTNA Mark
07-13-2011, 09:54 PM

What does this have to do with TNA's shows? I think that's kind of am unreasonable answer to not watch their shows. That's like saying the reason why you don't enjoy Two and a Half Men is because of Charlie Sheen's craziness off camera or the reason why you don't like Burger King food is because they fired your cousin. What i'm saying is that what happens backstage shouldn't effect whether or not you like watching TNA. Sure, the backstage stuff I hear about them is pretty fucked up but in no way should it really prevent you from watching there shows.

Ruthless_Aggression
07-13-2011, 10:00 PM
What does this have to do with TNA's shows? I think that's kind of am unreasonable answer to not watch their shows. That's like saying the reason why you don't enjoy Two and a Half Men is because of Charlie Sheen's craziness off camera or the reason why you don't like Burger King food is because they fired your cousin. What i'm saying is that what happens backstage shouldn't effect whether or not you like watching TNA. Sure, the backstage stuff I hear about them is pretty fucked up but in no way should it really prevent you from watching there shows.

Well buying their product is kinda supporting what they do backstage doesn't it? He has right to protest what he doesn't ethically support.

WWTNA Mark
07-13-2011, 10:07 PM
Well buying their product is kinda supporting what they do backstage doesn't it? He has right to protest what he doesn't ethically support.

Not saying he doesn't have a right to not watch TNA but I feel IMO, that it shouldn't be how fucked up the backstage is but the quality of the show its self. You are always going to hear fucked up shit backstage(Even if its true or not) but you can also be a fan of there shows and not support the backstage shadiness. Just my opinion though.

Ruthless_Aggression
07-13-2011, 10:09 PM
Same reason I don't like the NCAA.

To each their own, I guess. Everyone has their own reasons for liking something and disliking something.

THEKEVINBRAND
07-13-2011, 10:19 PM
WWE is just as fucked up creatively and yet we don't hear about it

Juvenile Junkie
07-14-2011, 04:21 AM

you just had a Austin 3:16 moment,most logical wrestling related comment since Vince Russo said WCW was in the shitter

Rassling_Fan
07-14-2011, 07:44 AM

If you don't like what they are doing, don't support them to make them change their ways.

People have been saying this to make WWE change it's shows format. I'm doing it because I don't want to support a company that will risk their wrestlers and not treat them properly. Even the WWE, the "we hate wrestling" organization, doesn't do this!

I do not want to give my money to a company that will force someone to work with a concussion now after the tragedy that hit us. I don't want to give my money to a company that will poorly pay most of their talent unless you're upper management. I refuse to support a company that does not pay for their injured when they got injured for them.

If there was a way I can give my support to the individual wrestlers and not TNA, I would watch it.

EDIT: Also your analogies do not work. Sheen is an individual who was fired for said shenanigans. And Burger King firing a cousin of mine pales in comparison to working an intern to the bone for little pay. A better analogy would be comparing TNA to a company who uses sweatshops. Would you support a company that poorly treats people?

WWTNA Mark
07-14-2011, 01:55 PM
you just had a Austin 3:16 moment,most logical wrestling related comment since Vince Russo said WCW was in the shitter

Thank you, at least you understand. I bash TNA from time to time but I think its a poor excuse to for people to use this as a reason to not watch TNA's shows. Until we really see what goes down backstage, who are we to judge TNA's business as a whole?

Rassling_Fan
07-14-2011, 02:37 PM
Thank you, at least you understand. I bash TNA from time to time but I think its a poor excuse to for people to use this as a reason to not watch TNA's shows. Until we really see what goes down backstage, who are we to judge TNA's business as a whole?

The same people who judge wrestling in general. We've bash WWE for not building stars. Cena for burying them. Hogan for stealing air time. TNA for hiring WWE Rejects. All these are reasons people say they stop watching one show over another. At least I'm not watching it because of their ethics and not because they have a dumb storyline.

And these articles also are backed up with the fact two Knockouts who made that division a much watch leaving because of money. That Daffney is sueing TNA for Worker's Comp claim (http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/TNA_News_1/article_48497.shtml). And how others who were in TNA making more claims that not even the most vendictive Ex-WWE employee said.