PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling Psychology!

Mordecai
07-13-2011, 06:52 AM
The following is an excerpt from an interview by Fit Finlay:

"I like psychology in wrestling. I liked working a body part. The little things mean so much and sometimes that's not the truth. But less really is more. You know, guys will go over the top and do 35 backflips and a suplex off the top and then start running around and pin someone with a small-package. That's fine and might get a great reaction every now-and-then but are they gonna come back next week and watch it again? People need to be emotionally involved in wrestling and not just the performance of a back-flip or suplex"

Anybody agree what he's saying in that working a body part during the course of a match is going to be more watched than guys doing multiple suplexes, backflips, small-package pinfalls and ridiculous running around???

Y2Jryder
07-13-2011, 06:55 AM
i disagree...

WWTNA Mark
07-13-2011, 06:59 AM
Didn't you already make this thread Viper/Macho Libre/Mordecai???

Mordecai
07-13-2011, 07:02 AM
Nope.

Different thread.

Manabu
07-13-2011, 07:41 AM
I'd rather see impressive stuff like backflips then watch a guy work a leg day in day out but thats just me

IPOOPINTHEBATH
07-13-2011, 07:48 AM
"HEY! Isn't that Kevin Thorn?"

"No, it's Viper."

"!"

Mordecai
07-13-2011, 08:17 AM
Stick to the topic.

Thank you.

Markedoutforlife
07-13-2011, 08:25 AM
Stick to the topic.

Thank you.

You being a douche is the topic, viper!

Mordecai
07-13-2011, 08:55 AM
You being a douche is the topic, viper!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRj_hXBOfrs&feature=related

Markedoutforlife
07-13-2011, 08:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRj_hXBOfrs&feature=related

Nahhhh, giving you shit is so much funner.

Mr.Will
07-13-2011, 09:32 AM
Hey at least Viper is getting better and actually gave credit to Finlay, instead of just plagiarizer somebody else's opinion as his own.

jordan1995
07-13-2011, 10:35 AM
i disagree...

sincara
07-13-2011, 11:12 AM
i disagree i would rather watch high risk moves and possibley miss them in the match and lose than someone spend the whole time getting the crap beatern out of them and doing a supercena and hitting 5 moves and win

helmsley
07-13-2011, 11:34 AM
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/sm/custom/b7868e8de1.jpg

maar13
07-13-2011, 11:44 AM
Maybe is the need of a good mixure of both.

I mean if it all backflips it just get ridiculous, if it is only working a body part and stalling it get boring, you need a good mixure of both, High impact moves, use logic on it and give it time to be digested by the crowd.

thetheme
07-13-2011, 12:41 PM
Hmmmmmmm... Many high flyers get a lot of shit because of their high flying because "that's all they can do" and many think that the guys that are actually wrestling are boring and slow. While many praise the miz for his "in ring work" and "mic skills", people diss Daniel Bryan because he doesn't talk on the mic and give us 10-15 mins of bullshit and runs from opponents and has limited skills. Out of those 2, whos match you rather watch...?

If someone "injures" an arm or a leg during a match, seeing them come out on top or even lasting long with that injured part makes thing interesting, especially if it's a high flyer that has only one leg to work with that's the underdog in the first place. It tells the story of overcoming big odds (if they win). Stone Cold, HHH, Rock, Angle. They are NOT high flyers and their matches were loved while there are others like The Hardys, Edge and Christian, Rey Mysterio ECT. It depends on who is in the ring. Most are going to perform under their limitations or their character, or what they are ORDERED to do.

the big guys or monsters aren't supposed to be wrestling like Benoit, Angle, Swagger, Bret, or Bryan because they are MONSTERS. Kane and Undertaker even goe to the top as a part of his move set, but it's set at a believable standard. Big Show doing a german suplex? Who the hell is going to sell that? If the big guys really wanted to destroy, they could.

Are there exceptions to the rule? Of course. But it's up to the fans and what they find entertaining. Not everyone is the same. Some like in ring ability and story telling in the ring, some like flying around, some cling on to mic skills and make excuses for the lack of in ring ability someone posseses...

AOF666
07-13-2011, 01:03 PM
I perfer ring psychology because it tells a story. High flying isnice to watch every once in a while but if they keep doing the same move over after while it gets boring.