PDA

View Full Version : The Other MITB Championship Match

mikethebike62
07-12-2011, 12:14 AM
So, there has been lots of talk regarding what wil happen with Punk vs. Cena, but there hasn't been much about the Christian vs. Orton match at the PPV. My opinion on it is that Christian will dominate and then Orton will hit an RKO out of nowhere. I also think this match will open the PPV. After the match, Christian will go crazy in the ring an at the announce table. He will then go backstage and there will be a segment where he runs into Heath Slater who makes fun of Christian and calls him a terrible WWE Pro for NXT. Christia then destroys him, taking his place in the MITB ladder match. Christian then goes on to win MITB an holds the briefcase for a few months, taunting Orton, then cashes it in after the title match a Summerslam. What are your thoughts on the match and where this rivalry will go?

tnawhat
07-12-2011, 12:15 AM
i think this will be match of the night along with smackdown MITB

helmsley
07-12-2011, 12:19 AM
i think that it is possible, but i think orton will win clean, the feud will end and orton will have a feud with sheamus now

miraistreak
07-12-2011, 12:24 AM
I'd like to point out the extremely odd paradox.

The IWC as a whole doesn't give a crap about Christian's World Championship Match, and EVERYONE wants to see John Cena's Match.

Ladies and Gentlemen, you may start screaming. It's OK, I'm afraid too.

VanHooliganX
07-12-2011, 12:37 AM
Christian will probably cheat to win and whoever wins the Smackdown MITB match will cash it in and Christian will be screwed twice.

miraistreak
07-12-2011, 12:46 AM
Christian will probably cheat to win and whoever wins the Smackdown MITB match will cash it in and Christian will be screwed twice.

I'd be extremely amused. Not because I hate Christian, just because it would be REALLLLYYYYYY funny.

thetheme
07-12-2011, 01:29 AM

I made a thread about this last week and it got many mixed reactions about it. Some would think it's funny and some would be pissed.

CMRyder
07-12-2011, 02:33 AM
I made a thread about this last week and it got many mixed reactions about it. Some would think it's funny and some would be pissed.

I'm one who would be pissed unless it was Daniel Bryan.

The_Awesome_One
07-12-2011, 04:26 AM

I second this

AOF666
07-12-2011, 07:55 AM
That would be an awesome idea but it is too creative for the WWE creative team. I would be piss if Christian wins then just to loose it to the MIIB winner.

steveorton
07-12-2011, 07:56 AM
It could happen but I strongly feel Barrett will win the Smackdown MITB match, I'm jus sayin...

The KANEROONIE!!!
07-12-2011, 08:39 AM
It could happen but I strongly feel Barrett will win the Smackdown MITB match, I'm jus sayin...

I'm rooting for Cody Rhodes.

Daffy Duck's Finest
07-12-2011, 08:44 AM

I had a thought the other day that perhaps if Bryan were to be champ, why not let him win near the Royal Rumble, let Punk win the Rumble on his return, and set up a main event at WM that he'd like. Let's face it Bryan v Punk for WHC would make me purchase that PPV, and I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one.

steveorton
07-12-2011, 10:38 AM
@The Kaneroonie rhodes is one of my favorite, just love the beautiful disaster and the crossrhodes, if he wins I wouldn't mine at all, I'm jus sayin...

HeelTurn
07-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Christian should hopefully win,unless they want him to lose to Orton 4 times clean. Mitb Im rooting for Barrett, he showed tons of potential in the Nexus then was burried with the Corre crap. Rhodes has potential but I hope he takes the IC belt from Jackson so he can continue his feud with Bryan for the belt.

miraistreak
07-12-2011, 12:20 PM
On the Raw side, I would be very amused if ADR cashes in on CM Punk/Cena and loses, just to keep up his gimmick of NOT being a World Champion.

zapphoman
07-12-2011, 12:26 PM
I had a thought the other day that perhaps if Bryan were to be champ, why not let him win near the Royal Rumble, let Punk win the Rumble on his return, and set up a main event at WM that he'd like. Let's face it Bryan v Punk for WHC would make me purchase that PPV, and I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one.

you are not the only one trust me on that. I would sell one of my kidneys to get that PPV.

zapphoman
07-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Christian should hopefully win,unless they want him to lose to Orton 4 times clean. Mitb Im rooting for Barrett, he showed tons of potential in the Nexus then was burried with the Corre crap. Rhodes has potential but I hope he takes the IC belt from Jackson so he can continue his feud with Bryan for the belt.

he will probably win but with it being MITB, if he wins the winner of the Smackdown(or Raw) MITB will just come out and cash it in. My prediction for who is going to win the MITB matches are Sheamus or Wade Barrett for Smackdowns and ADR or Kofi Kingston for Raw.

Ruthless_Aggression
07-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Idk, they have been building their storylines with Shaemus and Alberto Del Rio winning their respective MITB matches. You'd hope for a less predictable buildup but... it's WWE we're talking about here...

sincara
07-12-2011, 12:32 PM
christian 2 win

HeelTurn
07-12-2011, 12:34 PM
he will probably win but with it being MITB, if he wins the winner of the Smackdown(or Raw) MITB will just come out and cash it in. My prediction for who is going to win the MITB matches are Sheamus or Wade Barrett for Smackdowns and ADR or Kofi Kingston for Raw.

very likely, Sheamus did say he would cash in on the night if he won.

steveorton
07-12-2011, 01:07 PM
@miraistreak dude I would love that lol, I'm jus sayin...

The KANEROONIE!!!
07-12-2011, 02:20 PM
I don't think Sheamus needs the Money in the Bank. Sheamus is one of the few guys who could just beat Orton or Christian for the title at any time and nobody would really question the validity of it. I think Wade Barrett and Cody Rhodes are the most deserving. They haven't done enough with Daniel Bryan to make him seem big enough. Skills and internet fanbase aside, the buildup isn't there. Not yet.

zapphoman
07-12-2011, 03:35 PM
I don't think Sheamus needs the Money in the Bank. Sheamus is one of the few guys who could just beat Orton or Christian for the title at any time and nobody would really question the validity of it. I think Wade Barrett and Cody Rhodes are the most deserving. They haven't done enough with Daniel Bryan to make him seem big enough. Skills and internet fanbase aside, the buildup isn't there. Not yet.

I agree. believe me when I say I am one of the biggest Daniel Bryan marks out there and would love to have see him win it but he doesn't have enough steam behind him yet, I think there is still more to come from his feud with Cody Rhodes, and I don't think he should get his first world title using MITB. I think his should be a natural build.(i.e. winning a triple threat match to become #1 contender, have a month long feud with the champion, have a epic match at the PPV.)

thetheme
07-12-2011, 04:23 PM

While I do agree with Daniel Bryan not having the buildup, HE has held a singles title. Most of the MITB winners didn't get a buildup until after they won it. The MITB briefcase was a "reminder" that they were going to be a championship match anytime they wanted. No matter what else was happening to them or with them at the time when it came to feuds and matches win or lose. Look at the awful one the miz. Sat on the US title, lost or didn't wrestle at 5 straight PPV's then Cashed in and won the title he didn't deserve. Daniel Bryan could develop a "character" and a good story with others if he wins the MITB. Raw, anyone but Miz, Smackdown anyone except Slater and Gabriel.

The Hit Man
07-12-2011, 04:42 PM
So, there has been lots of talk regarding what wil happen with Punk vs. Cena, but there hasn't been much about the Christian vs. Orton match at the PPV. My opinion on it is that Christian will dominate and then Orton will hit an RKO out of nowhere. I also think this match will open the PPV. After the match, Christian will go crazy in the ring an at the announce table. He will then go backstage and there will be a segment where he runs into Heath Slater who makes fun of Christian and calls him a terrible WWE Pro for NXT. Christia then destroys him, taking his place in the MITB ladder match. Christian then goes on to win MITB an holds the briefcase for a few months, taunting Orton, then cashes it in after the title match a Summerslam. What are your thoughts on the match and where this rivalry will go?

I think this is a great idea! Although I don't think it will happen. I see Sheamus losing th MITB match but interfering in the WHC match anyway leading to a Triple Threat match between the 3 at SS.

Kiss My Ass Club Member
07-12-2011, 08:21 PM
I dont really care for Randalls match to be quite honest. I want that feud to pass already so we can have a new champion on that show that isnt Randall or Christian Cage. MITB winner better cash in and steal it.