PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk/John Cena=Austin/Hart

Da Threat88
07-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Do you think this Punk/Cena angle can work like the Austin/Hart angle? Steve Austin was the anti hero who'd replaced Bret Hart in his hero role and made him more of a heel. You thoughts.

RampantLion2010
07-11-2011, 11:18 PM
#1 - I like what you're thinking here. Personally, I think it would work on a much larger scale, because Punk is actually shooting hard on the boss, his family, basically everything the WWE is. Austin's scope was just society in general, hating the boss, wanting to be Billy Badass. Did he really attack the WWE to its core? No. This, if done right (not holding me breath), could be amazing!

#2 - Vince called Punk "Phil". hahaha! Oh, it's the little things....

#3 - I really fucking want some ice cream! Make this happen, Vince. (Punk just made you a ton of money if you run with it...)

IPOOPINTHEBATH
07-11-2011, 11:32 PM
Ice Cream Bars got the biggest pop of the night!

Verdammung
07-12-2011, 12:27 AM
CM Punk can call himself a wrestler all he wants, but unlike the vast majority of the WWE Roster, he actually is a superstar.

helmsley
07-12-2011, 12:31 AM
could be, i think this story is going somewhere interesting

clrj3514
07-12-2011, 01:38 AM
#1 - I like what you're thinking here. Personally, I think it would work on a much larger scale, because Punk is actually shooting hard on the boss, his family, basically everything the WWE is. Austin's scope was just society in general, hating the boss, wanting to be Billy Badass. Did he really attack the WWE to its core? No. This, if done right (not holding me breath), could be amazing!

#2 - Vince called Punk "Phil". hahaha! Oh, it's the little things....

#3 - I really fucking want some ice cream! Make this happen, Vince. (Punk just made you a ton of money if you run with it...)

Yes, #2 caught me off guard while watching lol.

THE_CRIPPLER
07-12-2011, 02:54 AM
Comparing Punk and Cena to Austin and Hart is not a posiblity..... Austin and Hart was probably the best feud ever

PandaMassacre
07-12-2011, 03:13 AM
The chants last night were GREAT. They actually said more than one word an I laughed hard when the crowd started chanting for ice cream.

Russo swerve
07-12-2011, 07:42 AM
Best storyline I have seen in a while ita obvious punk is stayin but I just wanna see the aftermath of there match. The mitb match could tell the story to this match because if adr wins then ppl expect him to walk out of chicago as champion wich is y I want somebody else to win so I can be surprised.

AOF666
07-12-2011, 08:06 AM
I think it was funny when Vince asked what doe CM stands for? Too bad Punk didn't answer. It was cool to see some classic Vince last night. It's not the same without him. Also a hint about the belt was thrown out there, a possible new one will be introduce soon.

Markedoutforlife
07-12-2011, 08:28 AM
Chick magnet phil has less of a ring to it!

Russo swerve
07-12-2011, 08:41 AM
Chick magnet phil has less of a ring to it!

Chicago made

Pumpkinhead
07-12-2011, 09:06 AM
This is turning interesting, it felt for a moment that CM Punk and Cena switched roles, people was really excited man this could be the start of a new generation... or not!!

K-Jammin
07-12-2011, 09:20 AM
I did seem that they switched roles for a while, not sure if that was the creative team's intention's though.

jcagosto
07-12-2011, 10:06 AM
I really felt I vibe I haven't felt in a looooooong time. I hope that WWE don't drop the ball with CM Punk and this angle.

nrb6304
07-12-2011, 10:56 AM
I did seem that they switched roles for a while, not sure if that was the creative team's intention's though.
Your jokiing right? Creative? Even THINK about turning Cena heel? Even for a promo? NOT A CHANCE!! lol

I really felt I vibe I haven't felt in a looooooong time. I hope that WWE don't drop the ball with CM Punk and this angle.

Well considering that we're talking about it, and come Sunday A LOT of people are ordering it, I would say that the angle was successful and that they didn't drop the ball. IMO Sunday is the end of this angle Punk leaves WWE

The Hit Man
07-12-2011, 03:31 PM
Yeh I think Punk is really leaving after MITB too.

SaberToothTigerz
07-12-2011, 06:41 PM
could be, i think this story is going somewhere interesting

man ur all gonna b so pissed when cena walks out victorious and cm punk leaves with no championship and at the very next day alberto del rio begins his rivalry with cena because he won mitb at the night prior to that.
ur all gonna be sooooo pissed
then the last remarks ur all gonna get from cm punk is a few tweets a few interviews online and he wont do much maybe join roh perhaps but that's all that there is to it.
and the day afterwards several wwe superstars are gonna adress cm punk's departure from the wwe and the real causes of why he was going away, bcuz obviously even the whole charade of this storyline is just the tip of the iceberg for cm punk's 100 reasons to leave.

maar13
07-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Could be but you know who is really going to be pissed off? The crowd sinc eit is in Punk's hometown. It is going to be like ECW ONS 2006 all over again! It is going to be sick!

SaberToothTigerz
07-12-2011, 06:53 PM
Could be but you know who is really going to be pissed off? The crowd sinc eit is in Punk's hometown. It is going to be like ECW ONS 2006 all over again! It is going to be sick!

could be but dont forget alot of kids and women will chant that annoying stupid song
nana nananana hey hey goodbye

IPOOPINTHEBATH
07-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Chicago made

Cookie Monster

IPOOPINTHEBATH
07-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Comparing Punk and Cena to Austin and Hart is not a posiblity..... Austin and Hart was probably the best feud ever

The thread isn't about comparing the greatness of the two feuds. Read the OP. In the roles that Cena/Punk have it's completely comparable to Hart/Austin.

Kiss My Ass Club Member
07-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Oh please bring back the ice cream bars! With the collectible cards!

Markedoutforlife
07-13-2011, 08:48 AM
Cancerous mole punk lol.

It was chick magnet..... Look it up

maar13
07-13-2011, 09:39 AM
could be but dont forget alot of kids and women will chant that annoying stupid song
nana nananana hey hey goodbye

Nah, not in Chicago.

If anything it will be boos for Cena and "Thank you Punk". Even a little "This is BS!" if Punk loses by any means.