PDA

View Full Version : Did the tides just turn?

aweso_me
07-11-2011, 10:11 PM
Did CM Punk and John Cena just change roles?

IrkenInvader
07-11-2011, 10:15 PM
John Cena can actually wrestle now? Does CM Punk only do corny annoying promos?

Dameduse823
07-11-2011, 10:18 PM
This may just be me but I've been liking Cena's attitude the last two weeks and seeing this face off with Vince and Punk has made me think that maybe just maybe he'll stop being so damn cartoony.

Ruthless_Aggression
07-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Damn that promo was intense. WWE will never be the same after Sunday.

VanHooliganX
07-11-2011, 10:21 PM
CM Punk just said the truth about Boston, WWE and Jonathon Anthony Felix Cena.

I really hope Punk shoots and takes the title to ROH.

Androo
07-11-2011, 10:24 PM
Oh no!! Someone subconciously, conveniently, inception-like, wrote "attitude" in a reply in this thread!!!

Rated_R(ob)KO
07-11-2011, 10:25 PM
That was an amazing 15 minutes. Had my attention the entire time. For me, it sets off what will be (hopefully) an amazing PPV on Sunday. This new found "edge" is doing wonders. Even more proof that they're doing something right. They just need to get it firing on all cylinders.

tad locust
07-11-2011, 10:26 PM
It seems like there both faces and Vince is the heel in the storyline,I dont think that was the creative teams intentions.

Enforcer23
07-11-2011, 10:27 PM
im ordering that god damn PPV

Enforcer23
07-11-2011, 10:28 PM
It seems like there both faces and Vince is the heel in the storyline,I dont think that was the creative teams intentions.

well at the end it sounded like they were chanting cm sucks when he ripped the contract jsut saying (he might have got heat)

Iron Ape
07-11-2011, 10:28 PM
This may just be me but I've been liking Cena's attitude the last two weeks and seeing this face off with Vince and Punk has made me think that maybe just maybe he'll stop being so damn cartoony.
I don't know, he still can't seem to get through a promo without mentioning poop.

MinistryOfDarkness
07-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Great promo, great ending to Raw. Comparing John Cena to a dynasty was absolutely spot-on. Go Punk!

Mr. McMahon
07-11-2011, 10:33 PM
the reaction that CM Punk got today in Cena's hometown was unbelievable and the way he acted. Shades of Steve Williams transforming from the Ringmaster to Stone Cold Steve Austin. If they don't fuck this up, WWE could be entering their next boom, CM Punk has the potential of taking wrestling to the next level and creating a boom period.

All the cursing, swearing, shoots... this is great stuff, they need to do this and bring back shock value. Damn it was great having Vince say 'you son of a bitch'.

SESAfro
07-11-2011, 10:37 PM
the reaction that CM Punk got today in Cena's hometown was unbelievable and the way he acted. Shades of Steve Williams transforming from the Ringmaster to Stone Cold Steve Austin. If they don't fuck this up, WWE could be entering their next boom, CM Punk has the potential of taking wrestling to the next level and creating a boom period.

All the cursing, swearing, shoots... this is great stuff, they need to do this and bring back shock value. Damn it was great having Vince say 'you son of a bitch'.
^^ This. ^^

Androo
Ahhh, we're getting closer.....You see it's coming. Someone's gonna say it. Just wait for it

Kerrastone
SO GLAD UK GET THIS FOR FREEEEEE hmm?

The KANEROONIE!!!
07-11-2011, 10:40 PM
ahhh, we're getting closer.....you see it's coming. Someone's gonna say it. Just wait for it

omfgwtfbbqhax!!!!!!! Wwe is gonna stop being pg and go back to the attitude era!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!1

^ That, but in all caps.

AlexWorldOrder
07-11-2011, 10:43 PM
It's exciting, yet a bit sad.. I really feel like Vince knows that this is what it takes for us to order a ppv and whatever happens at MITB is only to promote his fuckin upcoming screwjob DVD.

AOF666
07-11-2011, 10:46 PM
I thought Vince wasn't going to sign the contract. Love what Punk said about Boston and Cena. Everything is true.

Iron Ape
07-11-2011, 10:47 PM
While I generally agree with the gist of what you're saying, I feel compelled to point out that some of the language tonight only worked in terms of shock value because they've been so good at curbing that stuff over the last couple of months/years. If they bring that sort of thing back on the regular and make it commonplace again, it's going to diminish much of its power. Don't believe me? Watch a random episode of Impact Matters Wrasslin' Zone. Just about every promo over there ends with one guy calling the other a bitch, and it all comes off like a bunch of lazy bums sharing the same wobbly crutch.

Iron Ape
07-11-2011, 10:49 PM
Ahhh, we're getting closer.....You see it's coming. Someone's gonna say it. Just wait for it
Hahaha. On the money, as always, Droo. ;)

Russo swerve
07-11-2011, 11:05 PM

Could we see the attitude era reborn? Lol im suprised nobody has said anything about it

Ruthless_Aggression
07-11-2011, 11:07 PM
Could we see the attitude era reborn? Lol im suprised nobody has said anything about it

ZOMG! The Attitude era is coming back! This time we mean it! Change is finally coming! Reformation of the WWE is now! YES WE CAN! YES WE CAN! YES WE CAN!

CMRyder
07-11-2011, 11:12 PM
I'm just waiting on a "New era" Thread...once again.

TheMadThinker
07-11-2011, 11:18 PM
Why don’t we just turn this into a John Cena sucks discussion so this thread can really become a cliché.

Mr. McMahon
07-11-2011, 11:41 PM
I don't think attitude era is coming back... BUT if they keep CM Punk and let him keep cutting promos like these, then WWE could head into another boom period... it might be like attitude era or it might not but nonetheless it could get wrestling hot again

zapphoman
07-11-2011, 11:52 PM
It might not be the Attitude Era again but its close. Am I the only one who noticed Eve shaking her booty a week ago? haven't seen that since Brooke Adams was in the WWE. Cena saying ass multiple times during promos. The hero of the kids saying ass? not saying that these are all it takes to bring the Attitude Era back but the WWE is changing folks.

helmsley
07-11-2011, 11:55 PM
i think all the changes would have to wait since punk is leaving for at least 5 months so.....

Snair
07-11-2011, 11:56 PM
It might not be the Attitude Era again but its close. Am I the only one who noticed Eve shaking her booty a week ago? haven't seen that since Brooke Adams was in the WWE. Cena saying ass multiple times during promos. The hero of the kids saying ass? not saying that these are all it takes to bring the Attitude Era back but the WWE is changing folks.

They are pushing their pg limit and changing for good.

WPack911
07-12-2011, 12:11 AM
Man I am loving this angle so much it's insane! I had stopped watching wrestling a couple years ago because of the stale content and overuse of Cena, I came back when the Rock came back and have been watching again since then. I am liking this more then the Rock/Cena feud (and I was loving that), this might finally be the start of the next great chapter in wrestling history. Will it be as great as the WCW vs. WWF/E days? Or even the few good years after that? Maybe, maybe not, but it looks to be better then the last few years for sure and I am happy to be back watching wrestling to hopefully see the birth of it.

Please don't screw this up WWE, you don't understand what type of blow you could be dealing yourself if you do, true wrestling fans have been waiting for this moment for so long, a moment that could make wrestling really matter again. This is that moment, don't blow it, I don't know how many more chances those fans will give you.

Cena has been fools gold and a false prophet, CM Punk is your Savior, embrace him.

miraistreak
07-12-2011, 12:20 AM
Words like "Face" and "Heel" mean nothing here. Cena and Punk could be either after Sunday depending on the outcome.

It wouldn't be shocking that if he did win the title he sits down in the middle of the ring and say what he really wants (not a personal Jet, but his actual demands. Or rather the contract will have already been signed prior to the match and this would be a more "public" conclusion.

Random Ending Idea (that has 0.0000001% chance of happening)
Punk "leaves" but then keeps showing up on Raw as a 'fan' with the belt and just heckles. For. Two. Hours. Straight. Add some signs for fun.

Enforcer23
07-12-2011, 02:41 AM
they could have it where cena gets screwed from vince and punk signs the contract at MITB maybe...prob already been said i just wanna watch the PPV

K-Jammin
07-12-2011, 09:17 AM
Haven't looked forward to a PPV this much for about 7 years I'd say! Really have no idea what the outcome will be.

chriss5471
07-12-2011, 10:48 AM
they could have it where cena gets screwed from vince and punk signs the contract at MITB maybe...prob already been said i just wanna watch the PPV

Yea I agree I can sense Vince maybe Steph or maybe trips coming out screwing over cena and signing punks new contract and firing cena in the process and then maybe trips or Steph revealing themselves as the gm and a new almost corporation set up with the nexus and I still think zack Ryder will join, or the new nexus and zack Ryder will go against corporate punk.

sincara
07-12-2011, 12:25 PM
Did CM Punk and John Cena just change roles?

erm ........ no not realy

sincara
07-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Random Ending Idea (that has 0.0000001% chance of happening)
Punk "leaves" but then keeps showing up on Raw as a 'fan' with the belt and just heckles. For. Two. Hours. Straight. Add some signs for fun.

this ^^^^^^^^^

printz1224
07-12-2011, 01:58 PM
My idea: Vince screws Punk, and Cena joins Vince in a post-match beatdown, revealing himself as Vince's right hand man (a la Corporation angle) and gives the heel turn the IWC has been hoping for.

Later (maybe even the next night on Raw), Punk grabs a contract that Vince already signed and signs it, vowing to overthrow them, and avenge his screwjob.

...just a thought.

Kiss My Ass Club Member
07-12-2011, 08:25 PM
I hope punk does walk out with the title so that the story line can continue with Vince trying to figure out how to get the title back. He finally gets punk to agree to come back at summer slam to defend against Cena, with Vince in Cenas corner!

Y2Jryder
07-13-2011, 08:47 AM
Cena is straightedge now!