PDA

View Full Version : Generation Me - GONE from TNA!

ELNIOJR
07-11-2011, 04:00 PM
Unfortunately for fans of Generation Me, the high-flying young tag team has decided to part ways with TNA Wrestling.

Matt Jackson, who wrestled as Max Buck as part of the Generation Me tag team along with Jeremy Buck, tweeted the following on Monday afternoon:

"Want you to hear it from us first: Yesterday, we asked for our release. Special thanks to TNA & the fans for a wonderful experience."

Jackson added:

"Great experience, but definitely time to move on to something new. So much to say, but I'm gonna sit & let this all digest for awhile."

It is also being reported that Orlando Jordan has been released from TNA as well, but we are still waiting for confirmation on Jordan's departure.

Gen Me is a big LOSS for TNA, isnt It?! Thoughts?!

HeelTurn
07-11-2011, 04:01 PM
They were a great asset to the tag and x-division, shame.

ELNIOJR
07-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Damn Shame indeed. I like those Kids. Im looking forward about the "definitely time to move on to something new". Shame on you TNA...

S.E. Zero
07-11-2011, 04:11 PM
Its a shame to lose such a great tag team and X Division stars but at least they werent really fired they asked to be released.

They were smart enough to realize TNA has nothing for them in the books and to be doing nothing in TNA, why not ask to be released and then they can go elsewhere maybe to ROH or NJPW where they can really shine and be The Young Bucks not Gen. Me.

I wish 'em the best of luck anywhere they go.

Orlando who? Just thought I'd give that last bit of info some exposure.

Iron Ape
07-11-2011, 04:11 PM
So what tag teams are left in TNA now?

tupelojoe81
07-11-2011, 04:12 PM

it seems that tag teams are dying in TNA. Beer Money have split recently due to injuries and have hinted at singles runs, especially with this little contest thing they got going on........

HeelTurn
07-11-2011, 04:12 PM

I think they may have that weird and badly named Gun Money hybrid or whatever theyre called, and the British Invasion, with only 1 talented member of 3. The WWE has more teams I think.

Iron Ape
07-11-2011, 04:15 PM
Yikes. It seems like whenever TNA start to get one division back on track, another one goes by the wayside. That's unfortunate.

Necroyeti
Aw man, how are they supposed to get cheap heat at PWG shows now? :sadface: Hopefully this means they'll be making more appearances for Chikara though. :yayface:

HUUUUGE loss for TNA.

tupelojoe81
Yikes. It seems like whenever TNA start to get one division back on track, another one goes by the wayside. That's unfortunate.

so true.......but i would rather have X division than tag team anyday........anyone else with me?

ELNIOJR
07-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Those of you wondering, this...is Orlando Jordan Lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06MG1uZs3Kk&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Iron Ape
07-11-2011, 04:23 PM
so true.......but i would rather have X division than tag team anyday........anyone else with me?
I just don't see why we can't have both. And they need to resurrect the glory of the Knockouts division while they're at it, too. I truly believe that the key to gaining some ground on WWE is by focusing on those 3 particular areas.

Goldust22
07-11-2011, 04:24 PM

Could be worse could be like the cruiserweight and tag team divisions in WWE

Iron Ape
07-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Could be worse could be like the cruiserweight and tag team divisions in WWE
I totally didn't see this post coming.

ELNIOJR
07-11-2011, 04:36 PM
"TNA! Im coming after you Nigga!" - JTG (After his WWE Release!)
Someone wanna make a Bet? Lol

CMRyder
07-11-2011, 04:59 PM
Uhm, unless they go to WWE or ROH, are they idiots?

Ruthless_Aggression
07-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Uhm, unless they go to WWE or ROH, are they idiots?

From what I heard, TNA just wasn't enough to make ends meet.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-11-2011, 05:10 PM

MCMG
Mexican America
British Invasion
Immortal (if you want to count that)
Beer Money
Ink Inc.

CMRyder
07-11-2011, 05:14 PM
MCMG
Mexican America
British Invasion
Immortal (if you want to count that)
Beer Money
Ink Inc.

Besides that god aweful names, still light years better than the WWE Tag Team Division right now. WWE PLEASE REVIVE THE TAG DIVISION!

American_Wolf
07-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Shame, but they weren't being used at all recently.
Back to ROH lads, them vs Benjamin/Haas and I would be marking HARD.

Tommy Thunder
07-11-2011, 05:25 PM
TNA's loss.
With WWe possibly signing the Kings of Wrestling, I'd like to see them pic up Gen Me too. Then they have real potential to re-vitalize the division.

CMRyder
07-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Its not really a "HUGE" loss though.

xAzureSkye
07-11-2011, 05:37 PM
TNA's loss.
With WWe possibly signing the Kings of Wrestling, I'd like to see them pic up Gen Me too. Then they have real potential to re-vitalize the division.

That won't be until the end of July.. Castagnoli is competing on July 31st for Chikara.. but I do hope they get signed, they are a great tag team. If they get paired with Tenille they could be amazing, we rarely see 6 person factions anymore.

Goldust22
07-11-2011, 05:44 PM
I totally didn't see this post coming.

just sayin at least TNA has its X division WWE has just blended into one big division

nrb6304
07-11-2011, 05:51 PM
I'm gonna miss GenMe, it had been a while since a tag team really made me just go "wow" (in the big 2). Those guys were great.

TNA needs more creative writers. At least one per title belt.
1 guy to focus on the XDivision
1 guy to focus of the Tag Team
1 guy to focus on the knockouts
1 guy to focus on the tv
1 guy to focus on the main event
1 guy to make sure everything is flowing together.

6 people need to be the minimum on TNA Creative. That way instead of them putting WAY too much focus into something (Immortal) and WAY not enough focus (that red belt...wtf is it called again?) they have 1 person whose sole focus is to concentrate on that belt.

If you break TNA Impact Wrestling on Thursday's down into 4 30 minute segments you have AMPLE enough time to focus every division if done right.

Ruthless_Aggression
07-11-2011, 05:54 PM
"Generation Me requested their TNA releases because they were frustrated and felt "unappreciated". They plan on returning to ROH and the indy scene under the "Young Bucks" name."

Looks like ROH is getting another awesome tag team.

Grind_Bastard
07-11-2011, 05:55 PM
A loss for TNA indeed. I'd like to see them back in ROH.

And as Iron Ape said, I want both Tag Team and X division in full steam.

maar13
07-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Its not really a "HUGE" loss though.

I agree with this, while it is a lost for TNA, is not like they really were having a big impact there anymore, I mean, they were used as cannon foder last night and sorry but that match was the worst of the night along with Willians facing Hobbo John Morrison Wannabe.

Rokudo
07-11-2011, 06:11 PM
I'm not surprised to be honest. According to various reports from "insiders" Gen. Me were the lowest paid workers with only 200$ for each of them per appearance ... With the dangerous, sick moves they do week in and week out, 200$ is not worth the risk of getting injured, especially if they themselves had to pay for the potential injury etc, etc ... Every time something like this happens I just have to ruin my day thinking about the supposedly horrible and inhuman working conditions in TNA ...
Anyway, they certainly are an amazing tag-team and will be missed ...
Sadly, now TNA has lost every single of their good tag team with half of each of the MCMG and Ink Inc. being injured (both thanks to the GODAWFUL Mexican America) and BeerMoney are basically split with each of them participating in the BFG series ...

TheRockerGother
07-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Well with these 3 firings from TNA I hope TNA can sign the Low-Ki,Jack Evans,and some Japanese tag teams dam injuries .

Rilla
07-11-2011, 06:54 PM
I agree with this, while it is a lost for TNA, is not like they really were having a big impact there anymore, I mean, they were used as cannon foder last night and sorry but that match was the worst of the night along with Willians facing Hobbo John Morrison Wannabe.

..I missed that entire match, but when I saw him come out.. I was like.. WTF WHY MORRISON HERE BRO?

Rilla
07-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Well with these 3 firings from TNA I hope TNA can sign the Low-Ki,Jack Evans,and some Japanese tag teams dam injuries .

Depends on how much the rest are asking.

Gen Me. reportedly got paid peanuts and that was only /when/ working.

Sacred-Seraphim
07-11-2011, 07:31 PM
I never liked Gen Me, so this is fine with me. Maybe it was their tights...

monctonvike
07-11-2011, 09:47 PM
I am sad to hear that, they have been gripping on twitter a bit lately they were upset they weren't on the ppv sunday. Wish them the best in all there future endeavors. Hope they find happiness,

as for orlando jordon always though he would feud with bully ray someday great mid carder. They had him go with the flamboyant gimmick then got cold feet. He could be a trainer, he has a school with rikishi and gagrel

IrkenInvader
07-11-2011, 09:48 PM
I find this is an acceptable analogy.
http://www.failepicfail.com//epic-fail/1104/-epic-fail-1302637662.jpg

Iron Ape
07-11-2011, 10:26 PM
And as Iron Ape said, I want both Tag Team and X division in full steam.
We shouldn't have to settle for only one division being good at a time. I really don't think it's entirely unreasonable or selfish to expect to see all the cylinders firing at the same time.

the wrestling shade
07-11-2011, 11:03 PM
This is just onther example on TNA killing its own future. you know for a second there, it would have been funny if it wasent so sad! and the fact that they ASKED for their release tells us that they are not happy with their position in the company.

WWTNA Mark
07-11-2011, 11:24 PM
This is just onther example on TNA killing its own future. you know for a second there, it would have been funny if it wasent so sad! and the fact that they ASKED for their release tells us that they are not happy with their position in the company.

Do you even know what was the reason why Gen Me wanted to leave TNA? Seems like your just jumping to conclusions.

HCollins-TNA1
07-11-2011, 11:25 PM
they was great while they were there... but never was truely pushed..... sure Max at Lockdown but what did he get out of it.. nothing really...
And TNA loss is ROHs gain and PWG...

The Brown One
07-11-2011, 11:34 PM
So much for Impact Wrestling having the "best tagteam division in the world". Besides MCMG, these guys were my favorite tagteam last year. They reminded me of an early day version of the Hardys, and I thought they would go on to do great things. It's unfortunate that they have parted ways with Impact Wrestling, but they weren't really being used as well as they should have been-given that MCMG and Beer Money have pretty much split up.

jordan1995
07-12-2011, 01:45 AM
2 x division guys gone ...bring another 2 in ?

Markedoutforlife
07-12-2011, 07:59 AM
Sometimes a change in scenery is good.
Tna is dropping the ball though.
It was way too early to even think about breaking them up.
Chikara bound!
Are they even ever going to be credible singles competitors?
Im over them already actuallyend of thread

steveorton
07-12-2011, 08:00 AM
This is a serious blow to Tna, I'm jus sayin...

monctonvike
07-12-2011, 08:03 AM
Its the nature of the business these guys have been gripping on twitter for sometime now, they wanted out and it was granted. People talk about tna treating ppl like crap, they seem to let the talent do what they want when it comes to stuff like this. You want out no problem, mic foley wants to appear on raw sure go ahead. Kurt angle wants to go to the olympics have at it. Gen me was upset they weren't on the ppv they got on there wish,and ya they lost but to a huge pop ey is a rising star in tna (even if the tv title is a joke now) Sharkboy got a huge pop even trended worldwide on twitter for almost two hours

I wish tna could have showcased them more, they are certainly talented enough. It comes down to 40 or 50 wrestlers and one hour and forty minutes to showcase them. People say hogan and bisch take up 30 min a show that is false especially lately. The flagship of most wrestling promotions is the world title so the heavyweights are gonna get time on tv. The world title scene in tna has gotten bigger, but at a price i agree tna needs to focus on its strengths and what makes it different from wwe by showcasing tag team, knockouts and xdivision wrestling. When wcw started to gathering steam they offered something for everybody while wwf was doing comic book gimmicky kids stuff it, wcw was pretending wrestling was real. That is what started bringing people over that and the names of course. My point is they have the ability ,talent freedom to make it a better place. I am sad that gen is gone and weren't happy, but who says they don't come back someday? TNA has been getting better lately they will always have haters

Y2Jryder
07-12-2011, 08:14 AM
they kept Robbie E?
TNA is making me laugh

monctonvike
07-12-2011, 08:47 AM
they would have kept gen me if they didn't quit

Murphdogg4
07-12-2011, 01:23 PM
the most promising tag team I've seen in a decade, they should have found a way to keep them.

the-rocks-stunner
07-12-2011, 02:44 PM
**breaking news!** Orlando Jackson just contacted SHIMMER about a possible wrestling role... SHIMMER's head president had the following face ''-_-'' and responded but you're a man... Jackson am i?

zapphoman
07-12-2011, 03:07 PM
they kept Robbie E?
TNA is making me laugh

LOL haha that is great. wow

Necroyeti
07-12-2011, 04:41 PM
they was great while they were there... but never was truely pushed..... sure Max at Lockdown but what did he get out of it.. nothing really...
And TNA loss is ROHs gain and PWG...
They've already been wrestling frequently for PWG even throughout their TNA stint. In fact, (SPOILERS AHEAD IF YOU'RE BEHIND WITH THE DVDS) they won this year's DDT4 tourney, and recently defeated Peligro Abejas for the tag team championship there. They totally used the fact that they were TNA wrestlers to get heel heat from the Reseda crowd.

I don't really see them going to Ring of Honor anytime soon, their tag team division is fucking STACKED right now as it is. I guess it would be cool if they went to CHIKARA, making The Jackson Three a regular trio.

HCollins-TNA1
07-14-2011, 10:50 AM
Gen Me ask for their release... which people is confusing the fact they did and thinking TNA released them on their own...

HCollins-TNA1
07-14-2011, 10:53 AM
They've already been wrestling frequently for PWG even throughout their TNA stint. In fact, (SPOILERS AHEAD IF YOU'RE BEHIND WITH THE DVDS) they won this year's DDT4 tourney, and recently defeated Peligro Abejas for the tag team championship there. They totally used the fact that they were TNA wrestlers to get heel heat from the Reseda crowd.

I don't really see them going to Ring of Honor anytime soon, their tag team division is fucking STACKED right now as it is. I guess it would be cool if they went to CHIKARA, making The Jackson Three a regular trio.

They pretty busy with many Indys... esp on the West Coast.... Although wouldn't be surprise to see them make a appearance or 2 on ROH TV...