PDA

View Full Version : RVD and Samoa Joe getting tired of wrestling in TNA?

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
07-11-2011, 02:43 AM
Is it just me or did both of these guys seem a bit off to you at the PPV? RVD came also very nonchalant in his match. I mean, yeah it is his character, but I got this vibe that he really didn't care about the match he was wrestling in. It felt like he was going through the motion. Joe, on the other hand, looked almost as dominate as he used to look during his monster heel run in 2005-2006. Still, I felt some of his movements were a bit off as well. It felt like he was just kind of going through the motions and wasn't putting his all into some parts of the match. Funny thing is, it started showing as it got closer to the ending. Lol.

Think these two may be getting sick and tired of wrestling in TNA? RVD hasn't been booked for anything special as of lately and Joe has been on a HUGE losing streak. I think the company is starting to wear and tear on them.

Thoughts?

Iron Ape
07-11-2011, 02:52 AM
RVD's been phoning it in for most of his run in TNA, so this wouldn't surprise me in the least. Joe hasn't looked too interested in months, either.

Viper
07-11-2011, 05:27 AM
something about that match just didn't look right.

el gabo
07-11-2011, 06:28 AM
RVD's been phoning it in for most of his run in TNA, so this wouldn't surprise me in the least. Joe hasn't looked too interested in months, either.

Can you blame the guy? He went from this

http://i40.tinypic.com/2z83w53.jpg

TO:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2eyus9e.jpg

Markedoutforlife
07-11-2011, 06:37 AM

I enjoy smoking weed as much as the next guy, maybe more, yet rvd's addictions are getting the best of him. Its not enough for rvd to be just ok in the ring because his promo work has always been subpar at best. His run in tna has been lackluster and the paint has started to chip more and more every appearance he makes. Blah!

CGBigMan
07-11-2011, 06:56 AM
RVDs match seemed pretty good 2 me and it all went towards his character

steveorton
07-11-2011, 06:57 AM
I wish they would stop burying Joe, I'm jus sayin...

Goldust22
07-11-2011, 08:30 AM

Yeah RVD has been rubbish in TNA ever since he was destroyed by Sting on his debut.

Samoa Joe really should be the main guy in TNA.

maar13
07-11-2011, 09:53 AM
I can see what you are saying about Samoa Joe, but definitely not with RVD, the guy actually sold the damage of his match, while it might have been the slowest match there, was the one that actually showed people taking the toll of the moves performed on them, for me was the second, best match of the evening.

With Joe, seriously they are messing with the guy, I know that they want him to help other to get over, but the guys has been screwed so badly that beating him is that big of a deal anymore.

The commentators keep remainding people of his 18 moths streak, but that was several years ago, if you looks at Joe no and Joe back then, you would seriously doubt he was able to pull that off and is a damn shame because the guy is great.

K-Jammin
07-11-2011, 10:30 AM
If Joe loses one more match I will hunt down TNA's writers or who ever's in charge of the match outcomes. Unless this losing streak is part of an upcoming storyline i really don't understand why they have him lose every week

the wrestling shade
07-11-2011, 10:43 AM
I kinda agree with you on Joe, and I cant realy blame him for it. ever since this Hogan and beshouff regime started they have been burying him since. and what angers me is that he doesnt desierve it!!! he is a great wrestler and a fucking awesome character with amazing superior type of persona and mic skills. I mean Vince Mcmahon would Kill for this kind of person!!!(hopefully) but I kinda fear that even if Joe left WWE wont recieve him because I feel that he also has issues with drugs and Pills and it would be realy difficult for him to work there but I realy hope that he does because he desierve to play on the big leagues.
When it comes RVD, he is one of those realy dangerous guys that you dont want him in your company. First because he is not loyal to the company and the brand and second is that he will never put 100% of his talent into the matches because he think he doesnt have to and third he most likely have this thinking that is " screw them iam a hot shot I dont need to bust my ass for them and if they want to fire me? then so be it they will lose" I realy think that is his mentality and because of that mentality I dont think that whoever work backstage to prepair matches doesnt have the balls or dare say to him to bust his ass.

HeelTurn
07-11-2011, 10:55 AM
They wouldnt be the first, I remember Booker's TNA run, where he just went through the motions. At least Joe has a reason forbeing pissed off/bored of wrestling in TNA.

AlexWorldOrder
07-11-2011, 11:08 AM
I know where you are coming from, but you can cleary tell where they are going with this. Most people love to jump to the "Hogan and Bischoff" and you know what? It's a pathetic excuse to not use your brain. As soon as Abyss won the X Division title, everyone decided to bitch and moan about Hogan and Bischoff, when they clearly couldn't tell that this was the beginning of the revival of the X Division. If you listen to the announcers, and pay attention, you can clearly tell that Joe is meant to be on a losing streak. They constantly over focus his face after he loses to display his frustration. The guy has ZERO points! I honestly believe it's going to lead to his big push. Same as Bobby Roode with his injury angle.

VanHooliganX
07-11-2011, 11:08 AM
If Joe loses one more match I will hunt down TNA's writers or who ever's in charge of the match outcomes. Unless this losing streak is part of an upcoming storyline i really don't understand why they have him lose every week

Why not have him lose every week. A fan fav who they can make job to everyone. Hell bring David Arquette in and make him destory joe. Just think how awesome that would look on TV!

^ That was sarcasm but I truly believe they must think that... :( Which is sad because Joe should be in the main event.

AOF666
07-11-2011, 11:11 AM
I don't think RVD slacking or looking bored. I think TNA have no idea what to do with him. Joe makes no sense what they are doing with him. I thought this was impact wrestling not WWE. So I don't blame him for giving his all unless there is a real payoff. Being the Hogan show, he probably decides who gets a push or not.

HeelTurn
07-11-2011, 11:19 AM
I know where you are coming from, but you can cleary tell where they are going with this. Most people love to jump to the "Hogan and Bischoff" and you know what? It's a pathetic excuse to not use your brain. As soon as Abyss won the X Division title, everyone decided to bitch and moan about Hogan and Bischoff, when they clearly couldn't tell that this was the beginning of the revival of the X Division. If you listen to the announcers, and pay attention, you can clearly tell that Joe is meant to be on a losing streak. They constantly over focus his face after he loses to display his frustration. The guy has ZERO points! I honestly believe it's going to lead to his big push. Same as Bobby Roode with his injury angle.

Nobodies blaming Hogan for Joe's bad run, hes been badly treat for a long time now. As far as rebuilding him, been done before and never worked.

sincara
07-11-2011, 11:26 AM
joe to wwe !

helmsley
07-11-2011, 11:43 AM
joe to wwe !

agreee with you, i think he should go over there and have a monster gimmick, they need one

steveorton
07-11-2011, 11:50 AM
what sincara said, I'm jus sayin...

K-Jammin
07-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Why not have him lose every week. A fan fav who they can make job to everyone. Hell bring David Arquette in and make him destory joe. Just think how awesome that would look on TV!

^ That was sarcasm but I truly believe they must think that... :( Which is sad because Joe should be in the main event.

lol was getting really worried when i started reading that! ;)

AlexWorldOrder
07-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Joe to WWE.....
They'll introduce him as Umaga's lost brother, and he'll end up as a comedy act months later.

jordan1995
07-11-2011, 12:58 PM
samoa joe should be the world champion however for years he has been used wrong and tbh hope he goes to ROH when they arrive on tv

Iron Ape
07-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Can you blame the guy? He went from this

http://i40.tinypic.com/2z83w53.jpg

TO:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2eyus9e.jpg
I will never tire of laughing my ass off at that bottom picture. ;)

Rassling_Fan
07-12-2011, 01:27 PM
I know where you are coming from, but you can cleary tell where they are going with this. Most people love to jump to the "Hogan and Bischoff" and you know what? It's a pathetic excuse to not use your brain. As soon as Abyss won the X Division title, everyone decided to bitch and moan about Hogan and Bischoff, when they clearly couldn't tell that this was the beginning of the revival of the X Division.

Except Abyss pretty much dominated every title match he was in and only lost the title because of a screwy finish. And after seeing the future, not so promising.

WWTNA Mark
07-12-2011, 01:43 PM

What he said.