PDA

View Full Version : Another new WWE game on the horizon.

Iron Ape
07-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Purists are probably going to have a fit, but they'll get over it (or not).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tXrSuG_dME

While I'm not particularly crazy about the art-style, I think the prospect of some All Stars meets Street Fighter 4 meets Def Jam gameplay could make for a fun rental.

WWTNA Mark
07-10-2011, 05:02 PM
This game looks pretty sweet! I'd love to play this! Pretty interesting and fun looking. Also, SuperCena FTW! lol

Automatic
07-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Ah the expansion beyond wrestling. It looks promising, it looks alot like street fighter.

Tommy Thunder
07-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Got to say, this actually looks pretty cool!! Looking forward to seeing how it develops!

thejman93
07-10-2011, 05:08 PM
That just blew my mind! I don't know if it blew my mind in a good way, but it did.

Iron Ape
07-10-2011, 05:17 PM
I might be alone here, but I'm actually more excited for this than I am for WWE '12. This looks to be the breath of fresh air that WWE's uber-stale gaming products needed.

WWTNA Mark
07-10-2011, 05:23 PM
I might be alone here, but I'm actually more excited for this than I am for WWE '12. This looks to be the breath of fresh air that WWE's uber-stale gaming products needed.

Agreed. With WWE 12, it looks like the same old stuff from last year but with this new game WWE Brawl, its different and thats what the WWE gaming series needs. I don't get why people are hating on the WWE Brawl game by the comments on Youtube.

jwt15
07-10-2011, 05:35 PM
Its like that WCW Myhem game

Iron Ape
07-10-2011, 05:39 PM
Agreed. With WWE 12, it looks like the same old stuff from last year but with this new game WWE Brawl, its different and thats what the WWE gaming series needs.
Yup. And I hope this turns out to be a hit as I think this kind of experimentation needs to be encouraged (you know, provided that the game is actually good).

I don't get why people are hating on the WWE Brawl game by the comments on Youtube.
Really, though, what don't people hate on these days? The internet's primary function seems to be that of a giant digital complaint box where people piss and moan and misdirect anger because of their shitty, unfulfilling existences. It's pretty much the fastest growing hobby in the world.

Iron Ape
07-10-2011, 05:54 PM
Its like that WCW Myhem game
Are you sure that you're not thinking of some other game? I only ask because it sort of doesn't look anything like Mayhem.

tad locust
07-10-2011, 06:08 PM
The game kinda reminds me of WWF in your house which is a decent game.It looks okay but I prefer realism over arcadic games

helmsley
07-10-2011, 06:08 PM
i think that the idea is really interesting, and im looking forward to play it, the only think that i dont really like is the graphics, i think that the characters should be more realistic in a comic way

Iron Ape
07-10-2011, 07:22 PM
The game kinda reminds me of WWF in your house which is a decent game.It looks okay but I prefer realism over arcadic games
While I can see some similarities, I think All Stars has more in common with that In Your House game than this does. Brawl looks to pull from Street Fighter 4, Def Jam, Power Stone, and Toshinden.

Speaking of the Def Jam games- have any of you played Vendetta or Fight for New York? They've come closer to matching the experience of the classic N64 wrasslin' games (like WCW/nWo Revenge, Wrestlemania 2000, and No Mercy) than any other actual wrestling games have. My writing partner and I actually spent 5 hours yesterday sitting in our office rocking some Fight for New York on PS2. It remains just as compulsively playable today as it was when it came out 6 or so years ago.

IrkenInvader
07-10-2011, 11:39 PM
Those character models are what Vince wishes every WWE wrestler looked like.

TheDevilsAdvocate
07-11-2011, 04:08 AM
I was wondering when they would venture over to that style of gaming. Although not a very popular game they did a very similar thing back in 2003 with the creation of Crush Hour. This game looks phenomenal though. My first thought when I saw the artwork I thought.. "Wow. They made a WWE-themed Def Jam game". lol

CMRyder
07-11-2011, 05:25 AM
I'm one of those people that say stop putting time into retarded games like this and Superstars and focus on your main SVR...well I guess its just called "WWE" now, but focus on that! Its far from perfect.

Iron Ape
07-11-2011, 05:55 AM
I'm one of those people that say stop putting time into retarded games like this and Superstars and focus on your main SVR...well I guess its just called "WWE" now, but focus on that! Its far from perfect.
How is this "retarded", exactly?

xAzureSkye
07-11-2011, 09:04 AM
Let's hope they have Fatalities aha

Necroyeti
07-11-2011, 10:03 AM
Well, I think it looks kinda terrible and uninspired, but I haven't played a wrestling-related video game since Smackdown 2 on PSX, so I'm hardly "hip" on the subject of WWE games.... It seems decidedly more kiddie than the awesome fighting games I tend to play, so I'm guessing it's not "for" me anyway.

xAzureSkye
07-11-2011, 12:27 PM
WWE Brawl is an upcoming video game to be published in 2012 by THQ for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Wii systems. WWE originally trademarked the name in 2010 and formally announced the game before Wrestlemania XXVII The game will feature cartoonish representations of WWE stars with superpowers as well as fast-paced gameplay

HeelTurn
07-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Hmm, hopefully it will be better than that AllStars waste of time, im intrigued but not exactly looking forward to it.