PDA

View Full Version : The Undertakers WM 28 Opponent Thread

twoot2
07-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Who do you guys think The Undertakers opponent could be at next years WM28(apart from Triple h)? Give us your thoughts on who you would want it to be aswell...what would be the ideal match considering this is most likely Takers last Wrestlemania ?

thatdevilsblue
07-09-2011, 05:23 PM
if he does come back, it could anyone at this point, honestly...the undertaker is in such bad shape, does it really even matter anymore?

nrb6304
07-09-2011, 05:25 PM
I don't think that this topic even matters. We all know it'll be Triple H. They've already done everything but announce it. No other opponent makes sense.
Unless somehow or another VKM can sign Sting in less then a year, it'll be Triple H. The only other match I would even think about wanting to see besides HHH/UT is Sting/UT.

Tommy Thunder
07-09-2011, 05:41 PM
Well well, if it isn't yet ANOTHER Taker - WM 28 thread!!

Russo swerve
07-09-2011, 05:58 PM
I knew it was coming this thread and the will batista return during tonights ppv are the most famous threads to make apparently

Viper
07-09-2011, 07:37 PM
It would suck if Undertaker vs. Triple H III happened. Their match at Mania this year was boring and had no story to it. It was just hitting big moves to one another, then Taker getting dominated until the end when he locked in Hells Gate for what seemed like forever (and he didnt apply it properly).

I'd prefer to see somebody else such as Chris Jericho, CM Punk or Randy Orton.

Macho Libre
07-09-2011, 07:52 PM
I would like to see Booker T wrestle Undertaker ;)

Mr. McMahon
07-09-2011, 08:46 PM
If its someone who isn't young, then it should be Big Show, Kane, Jericho, Christian, Stone Cold or Vince.

If its someone young, then probably Orton, CM Punk, The Miz, Del Rio, Brock Lesnar, or Sheamus.

No matter what happens, Taker should win and keep the streak. The streak will NEVER end, its the only thing that can't be duplicated ever!

URATOOL
07-09-2011, 08:51 PM
Judging by the shape the old man is in these days I'd say it'll have to be Hornswoggle if they want to keep the streak going.

nrb6304
07-09-2011, 08:59 PM
If its someone who isn't young, then it should be Big Show, Kane, Jericho, Christian, Stone Cold or Vince.

If its someone young, then probably Orton, CM Punk, The Miz, Del Rio, Brock Lesnar, or Sheamus.

No matter what happens, Taker should win and keep the streak. The streak will NEVER end, its the only thing that can't be duplicated ever!

It won't be anybody young because at this point of UT's career he needs somebody to carry him through. He's just older and moves slower and can't do it like he used to.
Agreed he needs to win and never end it. No matter even if WWE tries to emulate the streak (trust me guys they will) it'll never touch UT's.
As I already said though I think it'll be either HHH or Sting. But after seeing your post I could see Vinnie Mac being #20. It'd have to be a match that didn't require a whole hell of a lot. Street Fight. Casket. Buried Alive. Something like that. I have this gut feeling though that HHH/UT III will be HIAC. I think it would make sense since both UT/HHH have a storied history inside the cell

Iron Ape
07-09-2011, 09:06 PM
CM Punk would probably be the best way to go. Not only can him and Taker work together, but his anti-WWE shtick turn would make for a great insta-story threatening to retire one of the hallmarks of the event and the company at large.

helmsley
07-09-2011, 09:34 PM
most likely will be hhh, but if he is in really really really bad shape this might be a tag team match

TNA 'The very best'
07-09-2011, 10:19 PM
Please please please let it be Jericho

the wrestling shade
07-09-2011, 11:16 PM
I said it a billion time CHRIS FUCKING JERICHO!!!

Kiss My Ass Club Member
07-10-2011, 01:01 AM
Tripple H. No one else makes sense. Even Sting wouldnt work anymore. Too late for that.

alexrules01
07-10-2011, 05:01 AM
Well well, if it isn't yet ANOTHER Taker - WM 28 thread!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CfNarCjSHM&feature=related

ELNIOJR
07-10-2011, 05:55 AM
Who do you guys think The Undertakers opponent could be at next years WM28(apart from Triple h)? Give us your thoughts on who you would want it to be aswell...what would be the ideal match considering this is most likely Takers last Wrestlemania ?

Sorry Pal... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz7zo1BvvA4

Jazz
07-10-2011, 07:45 AM
Zack Ryder
WWWYKI!

sincara
07-10-2011, 09:39 AM
adr
but you already knew that

or
ryder
wwwyki

Rich Cranium
07-10-2011, 10:41 AM
If you watched the 2.21.11 vid, you saw a separate figure who resembles Sting. If you pay closer attention, WM28 is written on the outside of the cabin door which has Sting written below it in hieroglyphics. ;)

Daffy Duck's Finest
07-10-2011, 01:00 PM
If you watched the 2.21.11 vid, you saw a separate figure who resembles Sting. If you pay closer attention, WM28 is written on the outside of the cabin door which has Sting written below it in hieroglyphics. ;)

...and Undertaker's shoes were dark- coloured, and Booker T's skin is dark- coloured... COINCIDENCE?

steveorton
07-11-2011, 07:50 AM
You wouldn't believe how much Undertaker WM threads I have commented on already but her goes, I would like to see Taker vs Sting or Taker vs VKM, I'm jus sayin...

clrj3514
07-21-2011, 12:34 PM
So I've got another idea for Taker's WM 28 opponent(s).

I know this hasn't been mentioned in a while but if WWE wants to unify the two big titles I have an idea involving Taker. They could have a triple threat with Taker & the two champs. Have Taker win & keep the streak. The next night on RAW he's presented with the new title but automatically forfeits it. Taker holds onto the title while a tournament is held. When the final match is over at the next PPV, Taker presents the title to the new champ. The mutual respect could turn someone face or cement a new face.

Thoughts?

thejman93
07-21-2011, 12:42 PM
So I've got another idea for Taker's WM 28 opponent(s).

I know this hasn't been mentioned in a while but if WWE wants to unify the two big titles I have an idea involving Taker. They could have a triple threat with Taker & the two champs. Have Taker win & keep the streak. The next night on RAW he's presented with the new title but automatically forfeits it. Taker holds onto the title while a tournament is held. When the final match is over at the next PPV, Taker presents the title to the new champ. The mutual respect could turn someone face or cement a new face.

Thoughts?

It would definently get somebody over very quickly but the character of The Undertaker needs to be retired in a much more mysterious way than that IMO.

the-rocks-stunner
07-21-2011, 01:32 PM
Worst. Idea. Ever.

68wPayne
07-21-2011, 01:38 PM
I would say that could be an effective way for Triple H to retire but not Undertaker

Tommy Thunder
07-21-2011, 01:40 PM
For the record, I have heard this idea before here.
Sure it would get a talent over, but I don't see it. If WWE have an unification match, I can guarantee that John Cena is the first guy on their list to be involved in the match. And since he has a match at Mania next year that rules this out.

There are 2 matches that I'd like to see for Taker next year:

1) A triple threat. Taker vs HHH vs HBK. HHH can come out before Mania saying that this year can be 3rd time lucky for him vs Taker, HBK comes out and says the same can be said for him. They have the match with a stipulation that HHH and HBK must pin Taker to win the match and end the streak. This would also make for an awesome match, and Taker would be able to share the workload with 2 guys.

2) A singles match against The best in the world at what he does; Y2J, Chris Jericho. As his nickname says, he's the best in the world, so it makes sense for Taker's 20th and final victim to be Jericho. Jericho has never faced Taker at Mania, so that's another reason for this one. Jericho can also carry the match.

Goldust22
07-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Yeah Undertaker needs to be defeated by the next main guy in WWE he needs to be retired by someone who will be around for the next ten years. I know it may be a bad idea but i would love to see The Miz beat then Undertakers streak.

thatdevilsblue
07-21-2011, 01:49 PM
I would love for CM Punk to be back by Wrestlemania 28 and compete against the Undertaker in what would be the "main event" that Punk demands he be in, and Defeat Taker, ending his streak!

Moose
07-21-2011, 01:59 PM
I would love for CM Punk to be back by Wrestlemania 28 and compete against the Undertaker in what would be the "main event" that Punk demands he be in, and Defeat Taker, ending his streak!

With the Vice!

thejman93
07-21-2011, 02:01 PM

I think Punk will be back by WrestleMania and I think he will face a legend but I think that legend will be Stone Cold.

As far as ho should face Taker? To me it has to be Trips or HBK. Both guys have had MOTY type matches with 'Taker at WrestleMania before.

Blinker
07-21-2011, 02:03 PM
I would say that could be an effective way for Triple H to retire but not Undertaker

I second this. That sounds more like a HHH thing than the Undertaker.

I don't want to see any titles on the line with the Undertaker. I don't want to see a triple threat match either. The reason I really enjoyed the HBK/Taker matches was because it was between 2 men. One would win, one would lose. I know the loser lost, because the other man was better than him. In a triple threat, the Undertaker could lose because the other guy was pinned. Maybe the other to guys kick the crap out of eat other and the Undertaker "steals" the win. I don't want to see it come down like that.

helmsley
07-21-2011, 04:26 PM
i dont like this idea, i think undertaker should face kane, for his last match at mania, it probably wouldnt be a very good match but it will be emotional for sure

aweso_me
09-26-2011, 07:02 PM
Reports say that Rey Mysterio won't be back until around WM. If this is true, why can't he be the one to face Undertaker. I think it would be a helluva match. thoughts?

Krysys
09-26-2011, 07:04 PM
Please, not another Taker/WM28 match thread!

aweso_me
09-26-2011, 07:19 PM
just had to say it since rey wont be back until then

Wade Barrett 1979
09-26-2011, 07:30 PM
Reports say that Rey Mysterio won't be back until around WM. If this is true, why can't he be the one to face Undertaker. I think it would be a helluva match. thoughts?

He'd have to be back quite a bit before WM to allow for a decent build! Apparently he may have to go for further surgery now, so I don't see it!!

wrestlingfan66513
09-26-2011, 07:36 PM
5 Threads of Doom

Wade Barrett 1979
09-26-2011, 07:47 PM
5 Threads of Doom

Ha! Nice one!

Although I believe this is the 698,568 Undertaker/WM28 thread!! :0P

wrestlingfan66513
09-26-2011, 07:51 PM
Ha! Nice one!

Although I believe this is the 698,568 Undertaker/WM28 thread!! :0P

I know I just mean that we see the same thread topics day after day. Like we see the same moves from Cena.

Kiss My Ass Club Member
09-26-2011, 08:25 PM
What would be considered the the 5 threads of doom?

1 Undertakers opponent at WM
2 Cena sucks
3 Zack Ryder not used
4 TNA vs WWE

evilgenius780
09-26-2011, 08:58 PM

2 Cena sucks
3 Zack Ryder not used
4 TNA vs WWE

In the words of Jericho, the 5th one is erased from history and technically does not exist

The Brown One
09-27-2011, 03:49 AM

2 Cena sucks
3 Zack Ryder not used
4 TNA vs WWE

Don't forget "CM Punk gives us boners" and "The Divas give us boners".

CM_Jericho
09-28-2011, 12:54 AM
HH's is supposedly leaving TNA. There have been rumors of him getting a WWE legends contract. There is already a lot of speculation of who will face Undertaker at WM 28. I know they are both older than the hills but, two names couldn't be more iconic. thoughts?

URATOOL
09-28-2011, 01:00 AM
Possibly the second worst possible choice in the entire world of wrestling. Flair being the worst.

What were you thinking?????

broc808
09-28-2011, 01:04 AM
sorry bro but this would never work I mean the build could be interesting but the actual match wouldn't be good at all not to mention that Hulk Hogan may not even wrestle another match in a WWE ring and Taker only has 1 left in the tank

Undertakers wrestlemania match needs to be a good match and a good build maybe against Randy Orton, or even mick foley but Hogan would never work

JLeeDude1892
09-28-2011, 01:19 AM
You're dumb.

THEKEVINBRAND
09-28-2011, 01:25 AM
...the hell?

The Brown One
09-28-2011, 01:25 AM
I don't see it happening. Where did you hear this rumor anyway?
If Hogan and Taker were to have a final match, at the grandest stage of them all, it wouldn't live up to expectations. Because Hogans got a bad back, and can't wrestle a great match, and Taker needs someone to help him through the match so that he doesn't get injured, which Hogan can't do.

Samuel L. Jackson
09-28-2011, 01:26 AM
hh's is supposedly leaving tna. There have been rumors of him getting a wwe legends contract. There is already a lot of speculation of who will face undertaker at wm 28. I know they are both older than the hills but, two names couldn't be more iconic. Thoughts?

are you serious bro?!?!?

Rated_R(ob)KO
09-28-2011, 01:30 AM
We need Mankind VS. Undertaker --Hell In A Cell II.... I'd go apeshit. Two performers past their prime trying to recreate an epic encounter in the PG environment.

Two things will happen:

1.) There will be blood.

2.) It'll be a trainwreck. But, an amazing one.

Brewer 314
09-28-2011, 01:32 AM
Will you nerds settle down he was only being hypothetical.

I'm really curious about this 'rumor'.

Those dudes had a good match back at Unforgiven in 02.

Asherdelampyr
09-28-2011, 01:32 AM
I'm only down for this if Hogan makes his entrance with a walker
then it will be realistic enough

THEKEVINBRAND
09-28-2011, 01:36 AM
We need Mankind VS. Undertaker --Hell In A Cell II.... I'd go apeshit. Two performers past their prime trying to recreate an epic encounter in the PG environment.

Two things will happen:

1.) There will be blood.

And it'll sell!

miraistreak
09-28-2011, 01:44 AM
Those dudes had a good match back at Unforgiven in 02.

...that same year, Chad Pennington lead the NFL in QB Rating. :D

Brewer 314
09-28-2011, 01:50 AM
...that same year, Chad Pennington lead the NFL in QB Rating. :D

You act like that was a fluke. Chad's passer rating is 1'st all time for qb's who have thrown at least 1,500 passes.

He'd still be out there doing it if it wasn't for his glass shoulder.

miraistreak
09-28-2011, 02:07 AM
Oh I actually like Pennington. I agree with the glass shoulder remark, poor guy was really injury prone. It's just a snide mark that 9 years is a huge thing for the athletic world.

miraistreak
09-28-2011, 02:11 AM
If the stat is "thrown 1,500", I'd hate to bust your bubble but Romo, P. Manning and Brady all beat that (they have 94-95), and I just took a quick glance. I'm not denying that a 90 QB rating isn't good, because a 90 QB rating is a decent career even if he doesn't return one day, but he's not number 1.

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_career_passer_rating_leaders

He's 12th. No shame in that though obviously.

kjell
09-28-2011, 02:28 AM
are you serious bro?!?!?

he's joking and you know it bro

AOF666
09-28-2011, 03:21 AM

Two things will happen:

1.) There will be blood.

Mick Foley doesn't have the same mantality like he use to. He became a comedian in his later years.

CrowOfMurders
09-28-2011, 03:38 AM
HH's is supposedly leaving TNA. There have been rumors of him getting a WWE legends contract. There is already a lot of speculation of who will face Undertaker at WM 28. I know they are both older than the hills but, two names couldn't be more iconic. thoughts?

Oh lord NO! Taker vs. Hogan happened,it wasn't great and that was back when Taker wasn't injury prone and Hogan could stand on his own. I doubt Hogan really gives 2 shits about TNA to end his career there,but even if/when he ends up in WWE,his last match will be against Cena,ultimate passing of the Hulkamania torch. I'll throw one out there nobody else seems to have suggested,how about Taker vs. Rhodes? Rhodes can take a great deal of punishment(evidenced by his beatdown from Orton) and it'd be a great rub for him,even if he loses. He's also good enough in the ring to carry Taker,and their match could be a classic.

Asherdelampyr
09-28-2011, 03:41 AM
Oh lord NO! Taker vs. Hogan happened,it wasn't great and that was back when Taker wasn't injury prone and Hogan could stand on his own. I doubt Hogan really gives 2 shits about TNA to end his career there,but even if/when he ends up in WWE,his last match will be against Cena,ultimate passing of the Hulkamania torch. I'll throw one out there nobody else seems to have suggested,how about Taker vs. Rhodes? Rhodes can take a great deal of punishment(evidenced by his beatdown from Orton) and it'd be a great rub for him,even if he loses. He's also good enough in the ring to carry Taker,and their match could be a classic.

I would pay to see that

Poot-Hair
09-28-2011, 03:47 AM
.............mama no......I dread seeing Hulkster getting back in there with sting much less getting back in the ring against the undertaker. This will undoubtedly be 'Taker's last match....why would he even want to end his storybook career going against a slump backed geezer that can barely bend down to tie this shoes anymore? The two people I would like to see (and I'm sure one of them ISN'T going to happen) is 1.Mankind/Cactus Jack/Mick Foley just because it really could be a great match. Both guys are aging but can still get in the ring and go, and Foley has admitted to cutting weight to get back into wrestling shape "just in case I get the call". 2. Chris Jericho, I'm sure it wont happen but still...it's Chris FREAKING Jericho

OldSchoolHeel
09-28-2011, 04:06 AM
i cant think of a match i could care less about....oh wait....flair vs. hogan....ok so theres one but thats it. i'd rather watch that loop of the female ice skater pile driving that dude for 3 hours than this match.

Y2Jryder
09-28-2011, 06:17 AM
Yeah what a great idea! They should let Hogan break the streak for sure!!!!

Russo swerve
09-28-2011, 06:25 AM
This thread is to funny

monctonvike
09-28-2011, 07:14 AM
With wrestlemania being in Florida maybe they could have Hogan host ala rock last year. This of course would all hinge on Hogan not resigning with tna

His original plan with Tna was to do his first year on screen and last year behind the scenes. I don't think, they knew what to do with with him behind the scenes.

daverende5
09-28-2011, 08:40 AM
Don't feed the troll...

He hasn't put any evidence in the threat about HH leaving TNA and Joining WWE

TheRockerGother
09-28-2011, 09:27 AM
A match to be worse then the one with Henry...wow.

SteveButabi
09-28-2011, 10:08 AM
Why do people still want Hogan in the ring? It doesn't matter how much of a legend or an icon he is. He's done and any match with him would be pure shit. He can't do anything in the ring besides maybe another finger poke of doom and even if he did, it would take him all night to go down for the cover and then get back to his feet again. There is no possible way to make a match with him in it look believable. Taker may be an "old dude" too, but compared to Hogan, taker is a 25 year old kid.

I'm only talking about WWE here, just to be clear. TNA would put him in the ring and have the worst cringe worthy match you've ever seen just for a tiny bump in ratings because guess what? Wrestling really doesn't matter to them.

Rich Cranium
09-28-2011, 10:13 AM
You're dumb.

Is that really necessary?

HolyJose2391
09-28-2011, 11:00 AM

This would be a great match to see and it will solidify Rhodes as a top competitor

Reloval
09-28-2011, 11:03 AM
I head it was going to be Undertaker vs the figure skater in Asherdelampyr's signature, battle of the tombstone.

Daffy Duck's Finest
09-28-2011, 11:07 AM
I head it was going to be Undertaker vs the figure skater in Asherdelampyr's signature, battle of the tombstone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBztjzDr0fM&feature=related

Y2J___Y2J
09-28-2011, 11:41 AM
God Dammit no.. Taker can't carry Hogan to a half decent match..

CM_Jericho
09-28-2011, 03:11 PM
I wasn't being too serious. I hope to God that it doesn't happen. VKM will do anything for a dollar an both names do sell. I was only being hypothetical. I hope WWE isn't that dumb. They have been doing better as of late. But they have done stupid things in the past.

Reichwulf
09-28-2011, 03:13 PM
It should be taker and kane if anyone on the current roster.

Krysys
09-28-2011, 03:14 PM
It should be taker and kane if anyone on the current roster.

NO! I do not want to see this again!

Reichwulf
09-28-2011, 03:22 PM
NO! I do not want to see this again!

What better way to go out then to perform with someone you have with, most of your whole career. I'm sure not many fans would like it as much, but i'm sure he would.

SaberToothTigerz
09-30-2011, 11:27 AM
its gonna be mark henry again

Rich Cranium
09-30-2011, 11:33 AM
2.21.12 - The man is coming to the WWE!

K2Jelly
09-30-2011, 11:38 AM

Good lord. Not THIS again. Don't you remember what happened last time?

Y2Jryder
10-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Stingggggg

Asherdelampyr
10-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Kevin Nash
somehow, that will happen.

thejman93
10-01-2011, 12:50 PM

Oh boy.....:D

eboy