PDA

View Full Version : Mason Ryans new Gimmick

Goldust22
07-07-2011, 12:39 PM
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/Mason_Ryan_To_Debut_New_Gimmick__More.php

From the news page of this site.

Am i the only one who thinks that neither The Miz or Del Rio need a bodyguard at this current stage in their careers. Wouldnt giving Zack Ryder a bodyguard make alot more sense if they are going to give him this 'push' thats rumoured to happen soon.

Any Thoughts?

SESAfro
07-07-2011, 12:55 PM
It would make more sense to give it to Ryder but the idea is still in the early stages and Ryan isn't coming back in quite some time.

jethro
07-07-2011, 01:00 PM
I want to see Mason and Rey Mysterio as tag team.

Automatic
07-07-2011, 01:00 PM
Sounds like the Batista treatment.

Tommy Thunder
07-07-2011, 01:01 PM
The thing I have with this report is 'New Gimmick'.
How is this a new gimmick for Ryan? Isn't he a bodyguard/muscle to Nexus or more specifically CM Punk?

But I agree that neither ADR or Miz need a bodyguard.

steveorton
07-07-2011, 01:06 PM
I like jethro's idea that could be a good tag team, I'm jus sayin...

aweso_me
07-07-2011, 02:13 PM
I think it would've only worked for Miz is A -Ry kept beating him up or if Big Show still was going after ADR. Otherwise, Mason Ryan won't work as a bodyguard. He needs to start as a bodyguard and not become a bodyguard. That would be a step backwards.

Goldust22
07-07-2011, 02:16 PM

Would be amazing if they used this as Mysterios heel turn and they just destroyed someone like Kofi Kingston or Sin Cara. With Mason Ryan being like a bodyguard henchman

tittle97
07-07-2011, 02:32 PM
WWE should let him cut a couple minute long promos in the weeks leading up to his return. When I say promos, I mean nonsensical Ultimate Warrior madness inducing promos. He reminds me of a young Schwarzenegger. I know he's Welsh and all, but every time he's been on TV and I can hear what he's saying I laugh my ass off.

Blinker
07-07-2011, 02:51 PM
I'm not sure if I like the idea of bringing him in as a bodyguard. It seems like a step back or a lateral step. I like tittle97's idea of having him cut a few crazy promo's before returning. Maybe having him do a surprise run-in during a main event?

I'm also not a huge fan of teaming him with Mysterio. Nothing against Mysterio, but we're trying to get away from having Mason being an exact copy of Batista. Batista and Mysterio did win Tag Team gold. Maybe pair him with another cruiserweight, possibly Sin Cara or Even Bourne?

I do think when he returns that he will need to either put himself in the main event (by interfering) or work up the ranks with a partner (tag team style). I think him coming in as a bodyguard will not help define him. He will just be the lacky. I really hope they can find a better way to use him instead of a Batista copy.

tittle97
07-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Doesn't Del Rio already have Brodus Clay? I know he's hurt and I think on a different show but what would happen when he comes back?

Blinker
07-07-2011, 03:02 PM
I was thinking the same thing about Brodus Clay. Brodus is a good example of why I don't think the bodyguard gimmick will work. We know Brodus's name, but he has no depth. I could care less if he wins or loses a match. That's what I think would happen to Mason as a bodyguard.

clrj3514
07-07-2011, 03:34 PM
I was thinking the same thing about Brodus Clay. Brodus is a good example of why I don't think the bodyguard gimmick will work. We know Brodus's name, but he has no depth. I could care less if he wins or loses a match. That's what I think would happen to Mason as a bodyguard.

Good point! I think Ryan has some potential, he just needs the proper build & storyline.

Goldust22
07-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Good point! I think Ryan has some potential, he just needs the proper build & storyline.

True they should really be giving Mason Ryan a bodyguard build him up perhaps ike brock lesnar

jordan1995
07-07-2011, 04:53 PM
i fukin hate mason ryan ...sorry lol
i dont see a good thing going for him :
his mic work...no
his ring ability no
vinces hard on ...orrr yeah

TNA 'The very best'
07-07-2011, 05:26 PM

He needs to stay away from any sort of tag team- To rebuild the tag team devision they should not just chuck peple together for the sake of it

the wrestling shade
07-07-2011, 06:11 PM
My problem with Mason Ryan is that he never showed me anything. He is just being the muscular guy, nothing else. His wrestling is not even on an avarage level. I dont even believe that he is a wrestler or he might successed in the future. he doesnt even have Mic Skills. He still needs a lot more work before they show him on TV next time.

AOF666
07-07-2011, 07:42 PM
Actually isn't Mason Ryan a body already? It seems like The Miz a former WWE Champion is having a having a hard time beating up a rookie. WTG WWE way to bury your talent. So it sounds like Mason Ryan will be Miz's new bodyguard. Not only Brody Clay is ADR's body guard but Mark Henry is his unofficial body guard. He been taking care show for ADR.

WWTNA Mark
07-07-2011, 09:31 PM
I'm not a fan of bodyguards for the simple fact that there roles are so pointless(see The Disciple in WCW). I feel as though Mason doesn't need a role like that. He can do well as a singles star.

zapphoman
07-08-2011, 12:01 AM
The thing I have with this report is 'New Gimmick'.
How is this a new gimmick for Ryan? Isn't he a bodyguard/muscle to Nexus or more specifically CM Punk?

But I agree that neither ADR or Miz need a bodyguard.

Agreed. To be honest I'm surprised that they didn't completely treat him like Batista and do that to him when he first came to the WWE. Its funny I remember when Batista was doing that for Devon. Even funnier to see who was the most sucessful out of the two.

TheDevilsAdvocate
07-08-2011, 12:11 AM
Give Mason Ryan to Christian. Christian is already tapping into being the same heel he was back in 04 when he had Tomko. It would only make sense that Christian would hire protection. But if they go down a solo route for Mason then I think that he should be repackaged. Kind of like how they did with Mike Knox when they made him an intellectual who knew all the possibilities of inflicting pain.

SilverGhost
07-08-2011, 12:14 AM
Give Mason Ryan to Christian. Christian is already tapping into being the same heel he was back in 04 when he had Tomko. It would only make sense that Christian would hire protection. But if they go down a solo route for Mason then I think that he should be repackaged. Kind of like how they did with Mike Knox when they made him an intellectual who knew all the possibilities of inflicting pain.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/747/354/knox9266204_display_image.jpg?1298511608

DAT BEARD!

TheDevilsAdvocate
07-08-2011, 12:19 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/747/354/knox9266204_display_image.jpg?1298511608

DAT BEARD!

http://i54.tinypic.com/a2yq84.jpg

Markedoutforlife
07-08-2011, 04:28 AM

Yeah I dont think that will allow ryan to break free from the batista stigma he has been given. Maybe mason ryan and zeke would make an intimidating team. Maybe have zack ryder as the leader of that faction. Ryder can speak for them as a unit. I hate big zekes voice and ryan is unproven mic skills wise. Id like to see ryan speak more, but it might just ruin his credibility as a force in the E.