PDA

View Full Version : Taking It Up A Level!

Viper
07-07-2011, 03:43 AM
Let’s go back in time, to April 25th, 2002. That day probably seemed to be like any other day, and SmackDown! probably seemed like any other SmackDown!, however that was the first time we ever got to see Randy Orton. Now go even further back to September 27th, 1998 and you would have seen the debut of Christian. Two of the best in ring performers in the game today gave us a Match of the Year to date on May 22nd, 2011 (Over the Limit).

The physicality of the Orton vs. Christian match was something you rarely see in WWE, and it stole the show at Over the Limit. Orton and Christian have a chemistry that makes for amazing matches, similar styles, similar builds, so there is nothing they can’t do in the ring against each other. No move is off limits in their repertoire, I love matches like that. It’s hard for me to watch matches that involve The Great Khali, Mark Henry, Big Show or any other unathletic big man who limits what the other guy can do in the ring. Sure, it’s a little entertaining to watch them do things, but really it’s more of a freak show entertainment. We wonder how a guy like Khali can even stand straight without falling over, let alone pick someone up and slam them down. No, give me a match between Christian and Orton over Mark Henry against say someone like John Morrison. Orton and Christian get to put everything in a match against each other and both are in incredible shape so they can go at a very high level for an extended period in the ring. So their match at Over The Limit was a thing of pure beauty, two amazing athletes that both felt they had something to prove to the WWE audience.

Christian even in a loss looked great and looked like a continued viable contender, and Orton showed the WWE audience that he, not Christian deserves the championship. Just watching that match before it started you knew it was going to be a great match, just a buzz not just from the two guys in the ring but from the crowd. It takes a truly great crowd to push a very good, great match, into something you’ll never forget, and that crowd in Seattle pushed that match to another level. So props goes out to that crowd because they just made that match something special. That match will be very hard to top, but I look forward to guys like Christian and Orton upping their games and continuing to put on more incredible matches like that.

Note: I know others will probably think Triple H vs. Undertaker was the better match but my Match of the Year is by far Christian vs Randy Orton (at Over the Limit) and there's no denying that match ranks right up there.

Your thoughts?

The_Awesome_One
07-07-2011, 06:57 AM
I agree with alot of things you said.....but I wwould have to disagree with the comments about the bigman being unathletic sure they can't really do much in the way of dropkicks and backflips but they have their own style. just imagine if every single guy was like Christian and Orton while they may be good wrestlers (yes I think Orton is good when he wants to be, which is very rare) there would be no varity to the show.

Just my 2 cents

The Brown One
07-07-2011, 07:04 AM
IMO this is the WWE match of the year so far. The Triple H vs Taker match grabs second-I've never been a big fan of Trip's wrestling.

Viper
07-07-2011, 07:22 AM
I agree with alot of things you said.....but I wwould have to disagree with the comments about the bigman being unathletic sure they can't really do much in the way of dropkicks and backflips but they have their own style.

i'm talking about guys that would like to take big bumps or do flashy moves, they would be held down if their opponent weren't half the talent they were if they squared off in the ring therefore because they wouldn't be able to keep up, more of less have a great match.

steveorton
07-07-2011, 07:31 AM
@Viper I agree with nearly everything you said, except I still think the Big Show can go in the ring. For the Great Khali and even Jinder Mahal I think they should both leave, Khali for obvious reasins, his in-ring work, etc., and Jinder anytime he's on I get up and leave to get something to eat. But you right on the money when you said Christian vs Orton match at OTL was on the same level as Taker vs HHH, I would probably choose the HHH vs Taker as match of the year but thats a bias decision on my part because I am a huge Taker fan. 1 last thing a match can be good but its the crowd in the arena (their reaction I mean) that makes it great, I'm jus sayin...

S.E. Zero
07-07-2011, 09:55 AM
I somewhat agree with this. Though this feels more like a blog.

Androo
07-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Oh, and again. Original by Jared Gebhardt on May 25th, 2011. Tut tut.

http://www.pwmania.com/artman/the-wrestling-genius-its-time-for-some-to-take-it-to-another-level

Viper
07-07-2011, 10:08 AM

http://www.pwmania.com/artman/the-wrestling-genius-its-time-for-some-to-take-it-to-another-level

the article doesnt mention anything bout triple h vs taker while mine does so you're wrong.

Snair
07-07-2011, 10:08 AM

Keep up the good work mate:->

Androo
07-07-2011, 10:11 AM
the article doesnt mention anything bout triple h vs taker while mine does so you're wrong.

What that little "Note" bit at the bottom? Oh, yes, you're right! My mistake, you deserve all the credit, and praise! Im sowwweee!

AOF666
07-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Hate to tell you this but noway Christian and Ortan match was better than HHH and Undertaker. It is a rarety for Orton to put on a good match. I'll give credit for it. Christian, HHH, and Undertaker always puts on a good performance. Beings veterans, they should. Maybe as of lately in the past year, exeption of HHH and Undertaker, I'll agree.

jethro
07-07-2011, 10:44 AM
To me it's still early to call it match of the year but Orton vs Christian at OTL definitely one of the good matches

maar13
07-07-2011, 11:04 AM
I would agree with Viper at some extend but still will choose Taker VS HHH match, because like someone else said, I am a big Taker fan and that Match was awesome.

Orton VS Christian was off the charts and maybe the next one will take one up, can't wait for their MITB match and see what they can do.

Androo
07-07-2011, 11:17 AM
I would agree with Viper at some extend but still will choose Taker VS HHH match, because like someone else said, I am a big Taker fan and that Match was awesome.

Orton VS Christian was off the charts and maybe the next one will take one up, can't wait for their MITB match and see what they can do.

What are you agreeing with Viper on exactly? Did you completely miss the part where none of this is his!?

You agree with Jared Gebhardt.

steveorton
07-07-2011, 12:17 PM
@Androo ROFL, I'm jus sayin...

Rain Man
07-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Viper = lying asshole, just sayin...

Tommy Thunder
07-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Viper = Orton mark.

Just saying.

Automatic
07-07-2011, 12:39 PM
If you're copying someone at least give the original writer the credit he deserves...

maar13
07-07-2011, 12:45 PM
What are you agreeing with Viper on exactly? Did you completely miss the part where none of this is his!?

You agree with Jared Gebhardt.

OK, I agree with Viper's part of the Orton VS Christian match being great, but like the Undertaker VS HHH match better.

That is what I agree on, yes the little note part is the one I am agreeing on.

Chill out.

tittle97
07-07-2011, 01:10 PM
Viper is worse than Ryan Clark...

Snair
07-07-2011, 01:49 PM
Viper is worse than Ryan Clark...

Or Viper = Ryan clark in disguise.We may never know.

SilverGhost
07-07-2011, 01:53 PM
Wow....Viper.....stealing other people's work.....-.-