PDA

View Full Version : Why Does Everyone Still Think Punk Is Leaving?

Rated_R(ob)KO
07-06-2011, 03:24 AM
Come on, really? Within the last couple days things have come to light that says otherwise realistically.

1.) THE 'E trademarked the name CM Punk for wrestling/merchandise purposes on June 29th. That was one of the main things hindering contract negotiations. Mr. Brooks wanted to keep his name or if he stayed, have a clause to keep his name if he leaves. Clearly this means he will stay with THE 'E.

2.) During this whole tirade between GLADD and the mess created, the represenative for THE 'E said something rather curious:

"WWE officials also told GLAAD this morning that CM Punk's contract will expire in a few weeks, he will not be immediately renewed, and he will no longer be with WWE as of July 18. A spokesperson told us "this departure is not part of a storyline. He is contractually leaving the organization.

"Will not be immdeiately renewed."

This goes in line with what everyone is saying about a hiatus. Don'tcha think?

3.) All of this is very reminiscent of what Punk did in ROH during "The Summer Of Punk", yeah, he ended up leaving ROH but only because there was a better offer on the table from THE 'E. Who's going to really offer him what he wants other than them? Yeah, ROH was bought and will be airing on Sinclaire channels but, USA is part of NBC Universal, a globally recognized company. Outside of USA, who really knows of Sinclaire?

4.) With the "worked-shoot" promo from last week, if they were really getting rid of him, would they have let him do that on National Television... let alone multiple camera angles? No. They wouldn't have. If VKM gets rid of someone, he's either quietly removed on the website or they get to give a goodbye speech. Some may say that the whole "Montreal Screwjob" was a work but, I digress

Let's put it into perspective, Punk is Globally known with THE 'E, going anywhere else would be a step backwards for him. We know he wants to take a break and he shall. He's been non-stop with this company for damn near 6 years straight now. He deserves a break. It'll more than likely be a 6 month one. Especially now to get heat off of THE 'E for his "slur".

My thoughts on what will happen at MitB:

Punk WILL walk out of there with the WWE Championship. He'll more than likely lose the match but in the end, he'll annihilate Cena and take off through the crowd with the Championship. VKM will fire Cena and the PPV will go off the air.

This will be done to let Cena take his break also considering he has a ton of nagging injuries. This will allow him to come back around Rumble time and potentially face Punk within the confines of The Rumble itself. Also, with Punk leaving with the Championship this will allow them to use the new belt that's been made for almost a year and a half now and start a Tournament to possibly end at SummerSlam to crown a new Champion. Not to mention the MitB winner will still be lingering.

The next few months will be pretty interesting as long as they don't mess it up... and hopefully they won't. But this is THE 'E and they might.

jethro
07-06-2011, 03:41 AM
Cena taking a break,wwe loss majority of its viewer.

Rated_R(ob)KO
07-06-2011, 03:43 AM

What did you just say?

tittle97
07-06-2011, 03:59 AM
Dude I agree with you 100% Rob. Been wanting to start a thread with all the points you stated especially after WWE trademarking the name CM Punk.

TheMadThinker
07-06-2011, 04:00 AM
If this is a big work I will have to say bravo to WWE for giving true suspension of disbelief for once.

My guess is we will get the most generic ending possible at MITB with Cena keeping the belt with a new antihero gimmick for calling out McMahon and Punk exiting stage left.

It is like they are trying to put Punk’s antihero heat on Cena which is a joke and really ironic since this is partially what Punk was talking about in his RAW tirade in the first place.

Mikeyboy7777777
07-06-2011, 04:12 AM
this is the first time in a long time that I actually have my doubts about what will happen between punk vs cena so bravo wwe you still have the magic I hope cena get's his break though he deserves it just like punk give cena just a managing role or somethign and push a tag team or whatever let him rest for once so the kids still want to watch

Daffy Duck's Finest
07-06-2011, 04:15 AM
I believe that they are playing this so that Punk will return at the Rumble and win, maybe having him enter at 40 and throw out Cena last.

This way he'll be allowed a break and have his title match at Wrestlemania which he craves so badly.

I'm not expecting him to walk out of MITB with the title, that's for sure!

masakaritko
07-06-2011, 04:19 AM
Punk really is leaving, probably only temporarily kinda like how Jericho leaves for a while and comes back. They just decided to develop a story line that would explain his sudden temporary absence and help develop a great OMG moment when he finally comes back from his time off. I think he probably wants to take an extended leave probably because he's burned out from being on the road all the time (like Jericho usually gets) which is why he hasn't signed a new contract because he wouldn't get all the time off that he wants that way, since WWE would want him back on tv as soon as possible. He'll sign a new contract when his extended vacation is over.

ELNIOJR
07-06-2011, 04:40 AM
Here We Go......

1.) THE 'E trademarked the name CM Punk for wrestling/merchandise purposes (...) Clearly this means he will stay with THE 'E. (...)

2.) During this whole tirade between GLADD and the mess created, the represenative for THE 'E said something rather curious: (...)

3.) All of this is very reminiscent of what Punk did in ROH during "The Summer Of Punk", yeah, he ended up leaving ROH but only because there was a better offer on the table from THE 'E. (...)

Let's put it into perspective, Punk is Globally known with THE 'E, going anywhere else would be a step backwards for him. (...)

He deserves a break. It'll more than likely be a 6 month one. Especially now to get heat off of THE 'E for his "slur". (...)

The next few months will be pretty interesting as long as they don't mess it up... and hopefully they won't. But this is THE 'E and they might.

Rated_R(ob)KO
07-06-2011, 04:43 AM
Here We Go......

Seriously? That's all you have? You have to pick out what I have to say and what I say and the only thing you can comment on is that I say "THE 'E"... grow the hell up, join the conversation at hand and don't be a douche box.

Kashdinero
07-06-2011, 04:52 AM
Whoa there partner!!!! Hahaha!!

Another winning thread, (R)ob!

Loving the ideas you mentioned regarding the WWE Championship, but, really? That has to be the most optimistic things I've ever read lol!! I swear, someone needs to introduce you to Vince, as that sounds like the perfect scenario lol... Well, apart from CM Punk staying, but, the GLAAD statement kinda gives the game away there.

ELNIOJR
07-06-2011, 04:52 AM
Seriously? That's all you have? You have to pick out what I have to say and what I say and the only thing you can comment on is that I say "THE 'E"... grow the hell up, join the conversation at hand and don't be a douche box.

Im not a Douche Box! And I like a nice conversation, but the thing is: Reading your Posts with all these THE 'E stuffs annoys me. Dont get me wrong man, but that's how I feel. I know you wanna ignore the second W of the WWE, but hell, you have the first to deal with still Lol Its W_E! Anyway, sorry to Bother you, but I thought I was still around something called...Freedom of Speech!

Viper
07-06-2011, 05:21 AM
Isn't Johnny Ace getting major backstage heat from Vince McMahon & Triple H because he didn't get Chris Jericho to re-sign & now CM Punk??

LMPunker
07-06-2011, 06:05 AM
I dont think its the last time we will see punk in a wwe ring either way think we're in agreement with that it wouldnt surprise me if punk is on some different type of contract(e.g like some sort of "diesel" type contract doesnt feel right saying legends deal involving punk because hes best days still lay ahead of him and a legend is someone whos best days have been and gone) to prevent him he chooses to not that he would before i get heat goto tna(again not that he would but just to cover their asses) and then when punks ready to come back he will just my opinion well its either that or wwe have out and out lied to glaad

Sully
07-06-2011, 06:14 AM
Tell me about it. I have no clue why everyone is marking out over this, even if Punk takes time off, he will not jump ship to another company.

Incubus_99
07-06-2011, 07:00 AM
imagine a Punk return in the 2012 Royal Rumble...frikkin epic!...

K-Jammin
07-06-2011, 07:15 AM

Major mark out!

jordan1995
07-06-2011, 07:21 AM

gettin prepared to mark out :)

IPOOPINTHEBATH
07-06-2011, 07:33 AM
Punk beats Cena.

Del rio cashes in his MITB that he won earlier in the night to beat Punk.

Cena goes nowhere.

steveorton
07-06-2011, 07:50 AM
Punk is leaving, we all deal with it in different ways, I'm jus sayin...

The Brown One
07-06-2011, 08:17 AM
Isn't Johnny Ace getting major backstage heat from Vince McMahon & Triple H because he didn't get Chris Jericho to re-sign & now CM Punk??

It's John Laurinaitis.

Here We Go......

I know Americans have "freedom of speech", but I hope you actually read the blog. Rob makes the best fucking blogs on this site, and this was no exception!

Great thoughts Rob. It is indeed quite obvious now, with all the evidence that has been put forward. I'd like to add to that: Punk has been cutting these "shoot" promos in every country that the WWE goes to on it's World Tour. Also, his profile has been added back to the WWE website. Theres more than enough proof that Punk isn't leaving WWE full time. I will miss him if he takes a break, but he has earned it! I truly hope that he leaves with the WWE title, but I'm 80% sure that will not happen, and either the MITB winner will cash in on Punk to keep the title in the WWE, or Cena will win-thus staying in the company and pissing me off more than usual.

Necroyeti
07-06-2011, 08:52 AM

This just SCREAMS dirtsheet rumour.

(and John Laurinaitis and Johnny Ace are the same person, lol)

Y2Jryder
07-06-2011, 09:10 AM
gettin prepared to mark out :)

I hope Matt Striker will be on commentary:)

Y2Jryder
07-06-2011, 09:12 AM
I think Punk or Cena is taking a break after mitb.
Most likely Punk because they need Cena for Summerslam vs Alberto del rio

maar13
07-06-2011, 09:37 AM

Well that is not entirely true. While Cena might be the most popular worker, Raw is packed with a lot of popular superstars (Hence, the dismantling of Smackdown) and is not like Raw haven't survived with out John in the past and during more difficult times.

Yes the WWE will lost a few viewers but not something significant. It probably will take a hit on live shows but it has also happened in the past, they can work their way around it and give Jon a couple of months off so he can recover from nagging injuries and comes back a little fresher than he is right now.

Also, Don't you think this has been too obvious? I mean, they have really covered all sides of why Punk is leaving, the GLAAD statement if it is true is a kick in the balls for the WWE, while those jackasses (Yes, I said it, one thing is to promote tolerance and another to try to impose your ways) seems to be proud of the fact "see, they listen and this bad man won't work with them anymore after this, we are making them change their ways", this also might be a curve ball because this all has really being pushed really hard.

nrb6304
07-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Let's put it into perspective, Punk is Globally known with THE 'E, going anywhere else would be a step backwards for him.

All your points are really valid, BUT here's what I'm gonna say.
1.) Did you ever just think that Punk's not happy there anymore? I mean it's not a crazy thought. He may not be happy there. How would you feel KNOWING you're better then the poster boy but can't get the credit you deserve. How would you feel jobbing to Randy Orton for 2 or 3 straight PPV's? How would you feel going out and stealing the show and coming to the back to see you're boss clapping for the guy you just carried throughout the match? (WM) Idk about you but I'd be pissed.

2.) The bold. Is it a step back? I'm not trying to insult you or w.e but let me ask: Do you know what an indy wrestler makes? I do. You make anywhere from 50 to negative 200 dollars per show. Do you know what guys like Charlie Haas, Shelton Benjamin, Carlito, Jerry Lynn, and anybody else whose been in the WWE or on national television make on the Indy Circuit? Probably anywhere from 1 to 3 grand. Now you're talking about CM Punk, (I'm assuming here) who is unhappy with the way the WWE is working, is a former 2 or 3 time World Heavyweight Champion, and is going out in the main event of a PPV. You can bet you're ass that yeah he's gonna take a pay cut BUT he's still gonna be okay and he's gonna have more fun then he is now. I gaurentee you that if Punk goes back to the Indy Circuit (I'm not talking bout just ROH I'm talking Indy circuit like RCW here in San Antonio. Like the name of the federation in your town that IDK the name of but that's okay cause you've probably never heard of RCW lol) he'll make anywhere from 4 to 5 grand. If not more.

CM Punk isn't like John Cena or Randy Orton or Christian. He doesn't have a family to support. No wife. No kids. Just him. And if he's unhappy there at WWE then no matter what type of pay cut he's about to get he's gonna be okay. (Unless he's a complete jackass with his money and has blown in all on strippers and cocaine.)

Through my rant bottom line is this: Do I think CM Punk is leaving? Maybe. I'm leaning more towards the yes but he'll be back. I think there is a swerve that nobody's thought of yet (I haven't seen it on the forums.) CM Punk beats John Cena wins the WWE title. Whoever wins the RAW MITB match comes out and beats CM Punk for the WWE title. John Cena doesn't get fired because CM Punk didn't leave the PPV with the title.

And lastly, John Cena isn't going ANYWHERE. Period. It's not happening. Unless he breaks something, kills someone, or gets thrown in jail. John Cena ain't getting a break until AFTER WM 28.

maar13
07-06-2011, 10:19 AM
All your points are really valid, BUT here's what I'm gonna say.
1.) Did you ever just think that Punk's not happy there anymore? I mean it's not a crazy thought. He may not be happy there. How would you feel KNOWING you're better then the poster boy but can't get the credit you deserve. How would you feel jobbing to Randy Orton for 2 or 3 straight PPV's? How would you feel going out and stealing the show and coming to the back to see you're boss clapping for the guy you just carried throughout the match? (WM) Idk about you but I'd be pissed.

2.) The bold. Is it a step back? I'm not trying to insult you or w.e but let me ask: Do you know what an indy wrestler makes? I do. You make anywhere from 50 to negative 200 dollars per show. Do you know what guys like Charlie Haas, Shelton Benjamin, Carlito, Jerry Lynn, and anybody else whose been in the WWE or on national television make on the Indy Circuit? Probably anywhere from 1 to 3 grand. Now you're talking about CM Punk, (I'm assuming here) who is unhappy with the way the WWE is working, is a former 2 or 3 time World Heavyweight Champion, and is going out in the main event of a PPV. You can bet you're ass that yeah he's gonna take a pay cut BUT he's still gonna be okay and he's gonna have more fun then he is now. I gaurentee you that if Punk goes back to the Indy Circuit (I'm not talking bout just ROH I'm talking Indy circuit like RCW here in San Antonio. Like the name of the federation in your town that IDK the name of but that's okay cause you've probably never heard of RCW lol) he'll make anywhere from 4 to 5 grand. If not more.

CM Punk isn't like John Cena or Randy Orton or Christian. He doesn't have a family to support. No wife. No kids. Just him. And if he's unhappy there at WWE then no matter what type of pay cut he's about to get he's gonna be okay. (Unless he's a complete jackass with his money and has blown in all on strippers and cocaine.)

Through my rant bottom line is this: Do I think CM Punk is leaving? Maybe. I'm leaning more towards the yes but he'll be back. I think there is a swerve that nobody's thought of yet (I haven't seen it on the forums.) CM Punk beats John Cena wins the WWE title. Whoever wins the RAW MITB match comes out and beats CM Punk for the WWE title. John Cena doesn't get fired because CM Punk didn't leave the PPV with the title.

And lastly, John Cena isn't going ANYWHERE. Period. It's not happening. Unless he breaks something, kills someone, or gets thrown in jail. John Cena ain't getting a break until AFTER WM 28.

Yeah all your points makes a lot of sense.

The part of the money, being Punk probably over 1000 per appearance (And that is being very nice) and also if he saved money, which he probably has he is settled.

You can be in the Best company in world in any business sector, but if you are felling miserable there, you are not going to stay there just because it is the best company in the world, if you have the chance you go were you are happy to go.

Also, he doesn't seem like a guy who has blown his money out, maybe a little in strippers but not cocaine, he is Straight Edge!!!

But in the point in which I disagree is the Cena part, yes they need him, but if they were smart about it, They will give him a break now that he can take it, His schedule is going to be brutal from here until/after Wrestlemania, why not let the man rest a couple of months now and come back fresher and healthier by October or even November so he can be ready for Wrestlemania? Wouldn't that be smarter than increase the risk of a bigger injury as the time passes by and his body takes a bigger toll from the ongoing schedule?

AlexWorldOrder
07-06-2011, 10:24 AM
Here's my prediction...

Cena loses to Punk, and then we get Vince sending out whoever wins Money In The Bank (probably Del Rio, and not R-Truth, because he's black and we're talking about the WWE title here and if he does, no matter how corny he is, I'll mark out.) to cash in. Punk loses the title, and we get a promo from Vince talking about how this person is going to be the new face of the company. Cena comes out crying like a bitch, doing his godsend bullshit (which ruined CM Punks promo) And talks about Vince screwing people and leading this crap to Summerslam, and the promotion of the screwjob DVD.

68wPayne
07-06-2011, 10:24 AM
I'm just hoping for a Punk return with a new group consisting of Tyler Black and Kings of Wrestling. Have an epic group where Punk gets the World/WWE title, Black gets IC/US and KoW can hold the tag belt.

AOF666
07-06-2011, 10:45 AM
Last time I remeber, Punk said he was taking 6 weeks or months off to recover then decides if he is going to resign. So the WWE is using that to their advantage. After WWE trade marked Punks name for merchandise, Sounds like Punk made his dicision to resign. I doubt Cena is going to get fired. ADR is going to become the next champion. Sounds like they are setting it up for ADR and Cena for summerslam(thats the rumour).

helmsley
07-06-2011, 12:16 PM
i agree with you, and i hope youre right and we see punk coming back to have a champion vs champion match

TheRockerGother
07-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Well Cena does have some minor injuries so maybe Punk will renew and Cena will be ''fired'' and given time off who knows.But I feel it's gonna be like Jeff Hardy there going to try to keep him as long as possible because I think he was suppose to leave at the Bash 2009 but ended p staying till the Smackdown after Summerslam.

sincara
07-06-2011, 02:04 PM
punks only takin a break

jordan1995
07-06-2011, 02:08 PM
I hope Matt Striker will be on commentary:)

haha yeah....or booker t ..............oh my goodness

johnnydropkicks
07-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Punk's leaving. maybe down the road, but right now he's leaving. if he ends up in ROH and it takes he might not come back. espeically if others in WWE leave with him.

Y2Jryder
07-06-2011, 05:27 PM
haha yeah....or booker t ..............oh my goodness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTaVriAfiZc Matt striker went crazy. Now that's a mark out!

nrb6304
07-06-2011, 05:34 PM
But in the point in which I disagree is the Cena part, yes they need him, but if they were smart about it, They will give him a break now that he can take it, His schedule is going to be brutal from here until/after Wrestlemania, why not let the man rest a couple of months now and come back fresher and healthier by October or even November so he can be ready for Wrestlemania? Wouldn't that be smarter than increase the risk of a bigger injury as the time passes by and his body takes a bigger toll from the ongoing schedule?

If Cena was to take a break before WM 28 The Rock would have to come in and take his spot. Because though its not heavily promoted or thought of everytime John Cena walks out, he's promoting WM 28. So for them to build up Cena enough to have the caliber of The Rock he's gotta look hella dominate for the next year or so.
The line about strippers and cocaine was a joke. I KEED!!! :) lol

maar13
07-06-2011, 06:18 PM
If Cena was to take a break before WM 28 The Rock would have to come in and take his spot. Because though its not heavily promoted or thought of everytime John Cena walks out, he's promoting WM 28. So for them to build up Cena enough to have the caliber of The Rock he's gotta look hella dominate for the next year or so.
The line about strippers and cocaine was a joke. I KEED!!! :) lol

Lol to the line of Cocaine and Stripers, I know :)

On the other, not really, Raw is really packed on top, they have Mysterio, HHH is always a possibility to come back, and if Punk goes face, at least for a while they will be covered.

Cena taking time off can bring him as an underdog and give him and edge over the Rock, who can claim Cena couldn't even hold his share of the bargain, what makes him thing he can beat the Rock? And there some people will sympathize more with Cena.

Cena can be made to loo strong, but not God like strong because that could backfire in the end, just My opinion.

Still believe Punk has spent a few buck on strippers, though :p

Viper
07-06-2011, 08:24 PM
I hope Cena does get "fired" so WWE can start pushing their main event & mid card guys again.

I wanna see Jack Swagger get a push again. He's the total package, he should be main eventing. Not jobbing to Evan Bourne.

Pumpkinhead
07-06-2011, 08:45 PM
I don't think leaves full time after "shooting" that way, he will be out for a few time I guess, ADR is already the next contender for the title, they can make a storyline with that

Kashdinero
07-07-2011, 12:33 AM
I'm just hoping for a Punk return with a new group consisting of Tyler Black and Kings of Wrestling. Have an epic group where Punk gets the World/WWE title, Black gets IC/US and KoW can hold the tag belt.

^ I marked out at this post.... Lol, keep dreaming, Payne, and I'll dream along with ya'.

HCollins-TNA1
07-07-2011, 03:54 PM
I got a simple thought here let the Storyline run it course.... and if he leaves if he don't he don't.... If he goes back to RoH, or New Japan or even TNA let him go where ever he want to.....
We don't know what he has plan or the WWE has planned exactly..... Guess we'll know after MITB?????

WWTNA Mark
07-07-2011, 04:11 PM
Well that is not entirely true. While Cena might be the most popular worker, Raw is packed with a lot of popular superstars (Hence, the dismantling of Smackdown) and is not like Raw haven't survived with out John in the past and during more difficult times.

When Cena got hurt in 2007 and in 2008, WWE had guys on Raw like Triple H, CM Punk, Batista, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, JBL, and more so thats why Raw was able to still do fine with Cena being out of action those two years but I don't know if Raw can survive without Cena nowadays. Raw is low on top face especially with Morrison being out of action. All i'm saying is that Cena getting hurt does lower ratings and if you don't believe me, look at the ratings from when John Cena missed an episode of Raw when he got injured at a house show. If Cena was to get injured or get written off Raw for a while, the only solution would be to bring back Triple H, push Zack Ryder and Evan Bourne to the moon, and bring back Chris Jericho as a face of course.

Tommy Thunder
07-07-2011, 04:18 PM
When Cena got hurt in 2007 and in 2008, WWE had guys on Raw like Triple H, CM Punk, Batista, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, JBL, and more so thats why Raw was able to still do fine with Cena being out of action those two years but I don't know if Raw can survive without Cena nowadays. Raw is low on top face especially with Morrison being out of action. All i'm saying is that Cena getting hurt does lower ratings and if you don't believe me, look at the ratings from when John Cena missed an episode of Raw when he got injured at a house show. If Cena was to get injured or get written off Raw for a while, the only solution would be to bring back Triple H, push Zack Ryder and Evan Bourne to the moon, and bring back Chris Jericho as a face of course.

Which is why I don't understand that WWE are not doing this anyway. They should push these guys further up the card in case Cena does get injured or need time off, not wait for the guy to get injured.

WWTNA Mark
07-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Which is why I don't understand that WWE are not doing this anyway. They should push these guys further up the card in case Cena does get injured or need time off, not wait for the guy to get injured.

Agreed. They need to build new talent or its going to hurt them in the process. The WWE depends too much on Cena but when he gets injured, now is where WWE is worried about there roster. I just don't get that about WWE.