PDA

View Full Version : STATE OF THE 'E: Rage Against The Machine

Rated_R(ob)KO
07-05-2011, 02:26 AM
THIS IS AWAITING APPROVAL TO BE A BLOG!! AS USUAL, I'M POSTING IT HERE TO GET FEEDBACK BEFOREHAND!!

I'm sitting at home awaiting one of my favorite shows: WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW!!! During the signature, I'm always promised "We Have A Great Show" and then we get into the meat of it.

Tonight, something strange happened. Something in my eyes I thought I wouldn't see for at least a couple more years. My 6 year old boy looked at me and said:

"I don't think I like this anymore."

I looked down at him completely shocked and obviously asked him why. His response was something I knew was coming but, possibly didn't want to happen.

"It's boring. All they do is talk. I wanna see them fight. I wanna see John Cena do what he did a few years ago."

Now, my son is one of the biggest Cena marks you will ever come across. I watch a lot of old school/attitude era/ruthless agression era in my household on any given day and he's obviously been exposed to "Heel" John Cena. This character we all lovingly refer to as "Super Cena" is definitely wearing thin. We the adults have known this for quite some time now but it seems like some kids may be coming around. In the last couple weeks he's gone more into liking different wrestlers. Hell, his action figures used to NEVER have another Champion other than Cena. I think his reign has been 3 years now. (Could you imagine that crap for real? My god!) Now, Morrison, Sheamus and CM Punk have all been Champion within the last couple weeks.

I'm nowhere near trying to base my one child's opinion on every other child's opinion but realistically, all it takes is just one to start the wheel. I'm not saying he's the one but, there will eventually be kids at the shows booing Cena. Then what would VKM do? When his cash cow is all dried out and no more can be squeezed from it, how will they handle the situation?

Cena's time is coming. One way or another either his career will be done or he'll turn heel. I cannot forsee him staying this same way for much more longer. We all know when he was in The Nexus that would have been the best heel turn in quite some time but, that was at the beginning of the Bullying campaign... BECAUSE of The Nexus, they had to show that THE 'E wouldn't stand for it. They did and effectively killed the generation of what could have been a huge monster.

Either way, as adults we've been tired of this for quite some time now and we've been frothing at the mouth for a change. I wonder if VKM even notices anything other than the dollar signs flashing when Cena walks?

Everyone knows that I am a mark for THE 'E and I will defend them on a lot of things. Personally, I've felt for the last month and a half, let alone the whole year, the quality has been there but apparently a lot of people feel differently.

I cannot defend THE 'E on this one though, in my personal opinion John Cena needs a change. I'm liking the direction of the actual company itself as I displayed in my last blog.

But based on the knowledge that my son, a huge Cena mark is yearning for something more when he's supposed to be the "demographic" they're aiming for now... how does this work into their plans? Will more kids start to feel this way? How much longer can they ride this current train until it falls off the tracks?

As usual, leave some comments and remarks. Let me know what you're feeling. And like always... see ya' soon!

North Vegas Benny
07-05-2011, 02:34 AM
Welcome back R(ob) !!!!

North Vegas Benny
07-05-2011, 02:49 AM
whats that sound? It's the sound of a bitch writing another pointless ass blog

All I hear is another bitch ass hater. Hatin' on another guys way around here of looking at things. If you disagree or have something rude to say then just shut the fuck up and save your comment.

ihearvoices
07-05-2011, 03:18 AM
THIS IS AWAITING APPROVAL TO BE A BLOG!! AS USUAL, I'M POSTING IT HERE TO GET FEEDBACK BEFOREHAND!!

I'm sitting at home awaiting one of my favorite shows: WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW!!! During the signature, I'm always promised "We Have A Great Show" and then we get into the meat of it.

Tonight, something strange happened. Something in my eyes I thought I wouldn't see for at least a couple more years. My 6 year old boy looked at me and said:

"I don't think I like this anymore."

I looked down at him completely shocked and obviously asked him why. His response was something I knew was coming but, possibly didn't want to happen.

"It's boring. All they do is talk. I wanna see them fight. I wanna see John Cena do what he did a few years ago."

Now, my son is one of the biggest Cena marks you will ever come across. I watch a lot of old school/attitude era/ruthless agression era in my household on any given day and he's obviously been exposed to "Heel" John Cena. This character we all lovingly refer to as "Super Cena" is definitely wearing thin. We the adults have known this for quite some time now but it seems like some kids may be coming around. In the last couple weeks he's gone more into liking different wrestlers. Hell, his action figures used to NEVER have another Champion other than Cena. I think his reign has been 3 years now. (Could you imagine that crap for real? My god!) Now, Morrison, Sheamus and CM Punk have all been Champion within the last couple weeks.

I'm nowhere near trying to base my one child's opinion on every other child's opinion but realistically, all it takes is just one to start the wheel. I'm not saying he's the one but, there will eventually be kids at the shows booing Cena. Then what would VKM do? When his cash cow is all dried out and no more can be squeezed from it, how will they handle the situation?

Cena's time is coming. One way or another either his career will be done or he'll turn heel. I cannot forsee him staying this same way for much more longer. We all know when he was in The Nexus that would have been the best heel turn in quite some time but, that was at the beginning of the Bullying campaign... BECAUSE of The Nexus, they had to show that THE 'E wouldn't stand for it. They did and effectively killed the generation of what could have been a huge monster.

Either way, as adults we've been tired of this for quite some time now and we've been frothing at the mouth for a change. I wonder if VKM even notices anything other than the dollar signs flashing when Cena walks?

Everyone knows that I am a mark for THE 'E and I will defend them on a lot of things. Personally, I've felt for the last month and a half, let alone the whole year, the quality has been there but apparently a lot of people feel differently.

I cannot defend THE 'E on this one though, in my personal opinion John Cena needs a change. I'm liking the direction of the actual company itself as I displayed in my last blog.

But based on the knowledge that my son, a huge Cena mark is yearning for something more when he's supposed to be the "demographic" they're aiming for now... how does this work into their plans? Will more kids start to feel this way? How much longer can they ride this current train until it falls off the tracks?

As usual, leave some comments and remarks. Let me know what you're feeling. And like always... see ya' soon!

Im sorry put i find it hard to believe a 6 year would say that it seems like something someone older would say or maybe he has been influence by the things you say idk but IMO i find it hard to believe a 6year old would say that specifically in that form of a sentence sorry bro

Rated_R(ob)KO
07-05-2011, 03:29 AM
Im sorry put i find it hard to believe a 6 year would say that it seems like something someone older would say or maybe he has been influence by the things you say idk but IMO i find it hard to believe a 6year old would say that specifically in that form of a sentence sorry bro

Okay, had to come on here and discuss this. 1st of all, you have no idea of anything about my family. You have no idea how I teach my child. I NEVER did baby talk with him and he's formed cognizant sentences since he was 1. I've educated my child properly and I don't technically take offense to it but, you don't know me from a fly on a wall and you don't know anything about me. You know how I type my words on a screen. And judging by that alone, you have no significant evidence as to what goes on in my household. It's not really fair to judge someone and how they raise a child by the words I type on a screen. If you want to know anything check out on FaceBook: "THE AWESOMEST! [Created By A Four Year Old]" that is my son's comic strip. He created the character when he was two but started putting stories together at age four. So please, know what you speak of before you speak it. Thanks.

ihearvoices
07-05-2011, 03:38 AM
Okay, had to come on here and discuss this. 1st of all, you have no idea of anything about my family. You have no idea how I teach my child. I NEVER did baby talk with him and he's formed cognizant sentences since he was 1. I've educated my child properly and I don't technically take offense to it but, you don't know me from a fly on a wall and you don't know anything about me. You know how I type my words on a screen. And judging by that alone, you have no significant evidence as to what goes on in my household. It's not really fair to judge someone and how they raise a child by the words I type on a screen. If you want to know anything check out on FaceBook: "THE AWESOMEST! [Created By A Four Year Old]" that is my son's comic strip. He created the character when he was two but started putting stories together at age four. So please, know what you speak of before you speak it. Thanks.

For someone who doesn't take offense to something i said you wrote a lot but anyways once again no offense but i just don't believe you simple as that just sharing my thoughts isn't that the point of you posting this thread? Again i just don't see a typical 6 year old coming out of nowhere and saying that about anything that has to do with wrestling, Their minds just don't work like that at least yet. Now maybe your son is different maybe he is smarter than the average 6 year, maybe he made this statement because he has been influence by you someone from the IWC IDK. All im saying is me personally i find it hard to believe a 6 year old would say that specifically about cena IMO it scream "the thoughts of the IWC" just saying brother.

Rated_R(ob)KO
07-05-2011, 03:52 AM
For someone who doesn't take offense to something i said you wrote a lot but anyways once again no offense but i just don't believe you simple as that just sharing my thoughts isn't that the point of you posting this thread? Again i just don't see a typical 6 year old coming out of nowhere and saying that about anything that has to do with wrestling, Their minds just don't work like that at least yet. Now maybe your son is different maybe he is smarter than the average 6 year, maybe he made this statement because he has been influence by you someone from the IWC IDK. All im saying is me personally i find it hard to believe a 6 year old would say that specifically about cena IMO it scream "the thoughts of the IWC" just saying brother.

It may scream that but facts are facts, back track my postings. You've never heard of me bashing Cena, you've always seen me defend THE 'E, I do the same at home, I don't change myself because I'm online lol. I may not agree with THE 'E pushing Cena down our throats but due to me having a kid who loves him like that, I have to play my thoughts right. I've never been one to like who they push hard, I like the naturals. But with having him I have to reign it in. Hell, he to some extent thinks it's real. I'm nowhere near jaded enough to take that from him. I do however tell him those moves can kill someone if done wrong so NEVER try them unless we're wrestling because I know what I'm doing haha. (That and I'm like 10x's bigger than him.)

What I'm trying to say is, like I told you... look at how I act on here, In the real world I just have Daddy pants on. I'm still the same person. I know you may think six year olds don't think like that but, it feels like you haven't been around many six year olds. Either that or I'm raising my son damn good for his thoughts to be that proficient.

tittle97
07-05-2011, 03:58 AM
Don't be mad IHEARVOICES because RobKO's kid can form better sentence than you can. BTW the more you post, the stupider you look. That is all.

Kashdinero
07-05-2011, 05:53 AM
Great work Rob, I completely get the point of what you're saying, and a heel turn can't be that far off now... Just a few more years or so, knowing the WWE.

PureMetalftw!
07-05-2011, 09:09 AM
My little brother is 10 and he hates cena, he groans everytime he comes on screen or he hears his music
we started watching when he was 6, and when he turned 8 he didnt like him anymore because cena bored him

Pumpkinhead
07-05-2011, 09:50 AM
Maybe R(ob)' s kid don't like Cena, that doesn't mean other kids think the same way, maybe he is smarter or simply he is tired of him, The Supercena gimmick wont end soon, but it's going to end some day

jginger
07-05-2011, 11:00 AM
This is quite amusing actually, as my 8 year old brother feels the same way and I was considering writing up a blog about it myself. My little brother used to always watch WWE whenever he can, may it be on the telly, on youtube, litreally any way you could watch WWE he would be there. But then... He kind of stopped. I asked him why and his response was "Who's the WWE champion?" I said: "John Cena, why?" and he went: "Arrr my god!!! That's why! He's always champion and never gives anybody else a chance" So it's not just your kid that is getting bored of Cena.

shambo2k9
07-05-2011, 11:51 AM
I agree with your blog and it does make good points.

Only problem is people are still going to have kids and they are going to grow up loving cena until they reach that certain age... so unfortunately unless someone can think of a worldwide vasectomy i think super cena is going to be around for the foreseeable future. as much as it pains me to say.

thejman93
07-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Only problem is people are still going to have kids and they are going to grow up loving cena until they reach that certain age... so unfortunately unless someone can think of a worldwide vasectomy i think super cena is going to be around for the foreseeable future. as much as it pains me to say.

I don't know about that. The SuperCena character was, in my opinion, created specifically for this generation of kids. The kids in the 80's had Hogan, The 90's had The Rock, and the 2000's had Cena. Maybe for the youth of 2011-2020 wrestling will find a new superhero.

AOF666
07-05-2011, 12:42 PM
I was young when I thought Hogan was gay, so it is plausable.

thejman93
07-05-2011, 12:47 PM
I was young when I thought Hogan was gay, so it is plausable.

Gay as in happy or gay as in homosexual?

jginger
07-09-2011, 01:29 PM
Another thing, I also asked my little brother who was his favourite wrestler and he said: "Well CM Punk... But he's a baddie so he can't be"

Mr. McMahon
07-09-2011, 09:19 PM
here's the thing, most of the sheep keep saying that Cena shouldn't turn heel cause he sells stuff and makes money and he is popular.

Well let me give you a history lesson. In the 80's Metal/Rock music was popular and everyone loved it... let's just say. But people eventually got tired of it because it stayed the same, album after album, song after song, tour after tour. Then what happened? It slowly started to fade away and go down in popularity as Grunge started taking over. Some 80's bands changed their image/style/genre to fit in and they survived (Metallica/Bon Jovi/etc...) others refused to accept change and slowly starting disappearing from TV (Poison/Motley Crue/Twisted Sister) and others broke up.

You need to keep reinventing yourselves if you want to survive. Clearly WWE is thinking like those 80s bands that Cena will always make money and be popular. Its been a long time, but those bands were also around for quiet some time before the change happened. People are getting sick of Cena, if he doesn't change then his loyal fans will.

Today people's attention span is not long like it was 15-20 years ago, which is why most famous artists today only last for around 3-5 years before never being 'hot' again. Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers, Justin Timberlake, Aaron Carter, 50 Cent, Britney etc... no one talks about them anymore. In a few years we can add Gaga and Bieber to that list, even Kesha, Katy Perry and Lil Wayne.

WWE doesn't have their balls anymore, just like the stubborn band's of 80's.

Sure they may disappoint some fans, but they will still last longer. Metallica disappointed lots of fans but they are still around and still get their albums on #1 charts. Bon Jovi went from Glam Metal to Hard Rock to Pop... they are still around and their albums are #1.