PDA

View Full Version : What If, The Streak Doesnt End?

ut11smithcor
07-04-2011, 09:37 AM
Ok people, so many of you are complaining that The Streak of Undertaker should NOT end, Regardless of how easily this could make a superstars career & regardless of the fact that Taker himself wants it to end. I'm just saying the 'E has a chance to do something great right here by building a superstar with just ONE 3 count, they have the opportunity to make a storyline make sense for once, Taker dies after the streak and of course he could really retire and never set foot in a ring again.
However, there are doubters. So tell me then people, if the streak shouldnt end How would YOU Retire Taker? because that my friends is inevitable.

Y2Jryder
07-04-2011, 10:08 AM
Put him in the hall of fame in the same year that he retires.
After he lost at wrestlemania put him in a body bag

HeelTurn
07-04-2011, 10:12 AM
The problem is what if the WWE picks someone like Lesnar, who gets one of thie biggest accolades in WWE history that no one else can ever get, and then leaves after a year.

RampantLion2010
07-04-2011, 10:26 AM
The scope of the post is which superstar's career would be MADE if they were given the chance to end the streak. Clearly Triple H is the favourite to be his challenger next year, but his career is winding down also, and this does nothing for the 12 time world champions legend. Rock, Michaels, Cena, Orton, etc., all big names, and none needed that big win to cement his place in history.

But, one young superstar could use the rub to make him rise to "superstardom". Someone who has been looking for that nudge to make his ball roll so fast, it would never stop. A win over the Undertaker would cement the beginning of a legacy so great, it would only be rivaled by that of his father. The man for the job? Ted DiBiase (with his father in his corner) Wouldn't that be one helluva full circle!

MrzigglesFTW!
07-04-2011, 10:50 AM
Ryder 1 Taker 0 ;)?

Kiss My Ass Club Member
07-04-2011, 11:08 AM
Im sure they will let him go out the way he wants but after what happened with Edge, I keep thinking the same thing is gunna happen to him. It might not be up to him. One day a doctor might tell him its over. One more nasty bump and hes risking being crippled who knows. At least Edge got to have his last match at Wrestlemania. I guess thats a good reason to have Taker only resurface every Wrestlemania now.

Y2J___Y2J
07-04-2011, 11:19 AM
I don't think it should end but if it were to , I think it should end to a new guy who is kinda over so not to make 'Taker look weak and to put that person in the history books... when he loses all his guys ( you know the mofo's that come out with the casket) come out put him in the casket and carry him away...... Never to be seen again... I think it would be awesome..

daverende5
07-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Ok people, so many of you are complaining that The Streak of Undertaker should NOT end, Regardless of how easily this could make a superstars career & regardless of the fact that Taker himself wants it to end. I'm just saying the 'E has a chance to do something great right here by building a superstar with just ONE 3 count, they have the opportunity to make a storyline make sense for once, Taker dies after the streak and of course he could really retire and never set foot in a ring again.
However, there are doubters. So tell me then people, if the streak shouldnt end How would YOU Retire Taker? because that my friends is inevitable.

One 3 count that took 20 years to make. That's not nothing, that's history, that's huge. It shouldn't be given away to a random guy and there has to be a good storyline behind it.

helmsley
07-04-2011, 11:21 AM
i dont think it should end, wwe would lose waaaaaay more ending the streak than keeping it, because it is history, i dont think any wrestler is worthy of the honor of ending the streak

Tommy Thunder
07-04-2011, 11:28 AM
Taker's streak isn't going to end IMO. You don't build up a streak like that only to break it. If you book a young up and coming guy to break it, then you have to make sure it's the right guy. That guy would have to be the next face of WWE for the next 10+ years, because that's how much weight breaking the streak carries. If someone breaks it, then they have one hell of an achievement on their cv.
But like I said, I don't think it will be broken. Taker reaches 20-0 next year, retires and goes into the HOF.

StevenT8481
07-04-2011, 11:54 AM
The past three matches proves to me that they wont end it.
All the stuff he just went through in those matches.
Nothing can stop him.
So it wouldnt make sense and would look dumb if they just let someone like Y2J or Orton just randomly beat him.

HeelTurn
07-04-2011, 12:07 PM
The thing is he has been made to look weaker over they years as if he can be beaten.

erroneous
07-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Monday Night Raw, February 2012, Taker's official retirement speech. For twenty years I have dominated the WWE. I have held every major championship. I am unbeaten at Wrestlemania. I have beaten every superstar of my generation and there is no one left to challenge me. It is time for me to retire.

Lights drop. Lights come back up. Sting! Sting! Sting is in the ring staring Taker down. There is one icon Taker has never beaten.

Wrestlemania. Casket match. A sprawling epic 60-minute match with run-ins and interference from Kane, Foley, Michaels, Angle, Edge, Nash - major guys with history with one or both these guys over their careers (and also, while one is getting a beat down the other gets a much needed rest).

Both men end up in the casket. Match is a tie. Winning streak is sort-of ended. Neither wrestle again.

In my dreams.

AOF666
07-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Easy he goes 20-0 then decides to retire. Tell everyone I have beaten the best the best and I have nothing else to prove and leave it at that.

Enforcer23
07-04-2011, 04:29 PM
yeah id like this to happen hhh and taker fight at SS then HHH beats him and says he wants to fight taker at WM because he knows how to beat him they fight at WM tker beats him then taker say hes done it all no one can beat him i think its to risky to end the streak on a new guy what if he leaves...cant end it on a vetern cause there cemeted in HOF already and cant end it with big superstars like orton or cena cause they just dont need it

Enforcer23
07-04-2011, 04:32 PM
BUT then theres kane they could do a storyline with kane and taker to fight at wrestlemania were both of them retire and kane beats him in some sort of new match made so they both disappear but kane wins (if u get it ahhah) you know cause kane hates undertaker and always wants him to die and the history it would be EPIC or ofcause if STING came to wwe

The Brown One
07-04-2011, 06:35 PM
So we're back at this discussion AGAIN are we? Well heres the way I see it. Its the final match of one of, if not the greatest wrestler of all time (THAT'S ASSUMING HE WILL EVEN WRESTLE AT WM 28. I wouldn't want to see a nobody (nobody compared to the Undertaker) go over Taker, no matter how much of a boost that would give their career. Like people have said, theres many problems that could affect the "guy who beats Taker". He could walk out, get a career ending injury, or not be as over as WWE wants him to be. I'd honestly rather have a match of the year with Taker vs. someone who is a veteran and can still go, like Jericho. It does NOTHING for Jericho to beat him, or even be in the ring with him, but that didn't stop Trips, Edge and HBK from having good matches with him.

Bodom
07-04-2011, 10:07 PM
So what if some fictional winning streak doesn't end.