PDA

View Full Version : What makes you tune in every week?

Riel
09-30-2010, 12:48 AM
Since I've started coming to this website and others like it I've noticed that most people are unhappy with the way the business is going. There are WWE fans bashing the TNA product and vise versa. Everybody seems to have an opinion on how to "save" the industry and most people think that the current people in charge have no idea what they're doing.

So I feel like the question should be asked. If the product is so horrible Why do you tune in to Raw, SmackDown, Impact or the Indy shows?

For me, being a wrestling fan is something I can't help. When i was a kid I invested so much time in watching that I can't seem to stop. I've gotten tired of WWF/WWE in the past but I always find my way back, and although there are a lot of things that annoy me about it I can still seem to find something worth while.

SilverGhost
09-30-2010, 01:11 AM
I watch it because I was interested in it. I liked it when I saw the 1st episode of Smackdown. Best years of my life. I won't give up wrestling that easily since it is a part of life.

I maybe a fan but this forum made me closer to wrestling.

Bodom
09-30-2010, 08:31 AM
I'v watched wrestling for close to 15 years now, it's a part of me. There's a LOT wrong with both companies, but there's some good too.

When I watch, i'll bitch and moan, but i'll never stop watching

Thats what the mute button is for :)

wallyman
09-30-2010, 12:15 PM
i know it sucks but stuff like the 5 series matches with beer money and mcmg keep me watchin...as far as wwe goes i just watch to see if they eveer change but they dont....wwe hasnt made me get out of my sit in a long time and tna has...the day tna dies i stop watchin wrestling...if wwe doesnt change

DirtySteal
09-30-2010, 12:17 PM
I agree with the above.

Wrestling has been in my life since I could make memories. I cannot remember a phase where I disliked it. It will be in my life forever I think...even if it gets awful to watch, I guess i'm just addicted to it.

I cant really say why I watch it...I just do, its always been a part of me. The entertainment, characters, the whole wrestling world is somthing I have a great intrest in.

pklee527
09-30-2010, 02:28 PM
RVD. He is very talented and is not injury prone.

JimmytheBlack
09-30-2010, 02:40 PM
These past few weeks, what's been making me want to watch. That would have to be Dashing Cody Rhodes. He's and old school heel with a new school look. Everything is classic, but still "with the times". John Morrison, clearly he is the next showstopper. His next Wrestlemania appearance just might make him Mr. Wrestlemania. Paul Bearer, if this is going to be the Understaker's last run. I'm glad he is trying to go out the way he came in. Not a lot of things are making me want to watch raw. Just want to know who the new GM is so we can drop this stupid laptop angle. The Nexus are killing ratings, since they already made all of those stupid Nexus t-shirts. Looks like Cena is gonna have to join Nexus to boos their sales. Nothing more than good business, put your product on your biggest billboard. Oh, and seeing Miz become the first person to not be able to successfuly cash in MITB. It's gonna be him, they're gonna job him so hard I know it.

Scottland
09-30-2010, 04:11 PM
What makes me tune in every week?

Well, I've been watching wrestling for 17 years. What keeps me watching WWE Raw & Smackdown is simply Randy Orton & Triple H (when he returns) for RAW. The Undertaker for Smackdown. There is a few other things that keep me watching. For an example, The Miz lose his the MITB cash-in match (whenever that happens) but he will probably lose it to Randy Orton. The Miz is a mid-card talent at best as he's really not a main eventer let alone not much of entertainer either. Some people keep saying John Morrison is the next Shawn Michaels? Yeah...fat chance of that. Morrison can barely deliever a promo let alone be 1/10th of what Shawn Michaels was. Morrison just doesn't have the charasmatic personality that Shawn Michaels had which is something you either have or don't have (that whole spider-man backstage gimmick is pure cheese). Sorry, Mr. Wrestlemania is always going to be Shawn Michaels as John Morrison is just mid-card talent at best as he lacks in the metal elements to succeed. The young upcoming talents are not all that promising sadly. Sheamus is the only good upcoming young talent & maybe Wade Barrett (still has somethings to prove). The rest of the Nexus cast are mid-card if not jobber talents even though Justin Gabriel is a talented guy but will never reach main event status in the WWE as he doesn't fit WWE's prototype for a main eventer.

Also the GM for Raw is going to be Abramham Washington as WWE wants to bring him back let alone he's been strongly considered for the role.

merhardt03
09-30-2010, 04:37 PM
Im an addicted fan of over 15 years. I complain and am embarrassed of what i see at times but it just gives break from reality... Work school bills the wife ... i complain but i do enjoy the ovrerall product.

Kid_Gangsta
09-30-2010, 04:42 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/2csiib8.gif Its a fucking bad habit.

The Hipster
09-30-2010, 04:53 PM
I have been watching wrestling for over 30 years. I still love. I love the matches and I want to see what truly is going to happen next, good or bad story line. When I was a kid, I thought it was all so real. It's fun to see how much is changed and you really never know what the next big move, pardon the pun, is going to be.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
09-30-2010, 05:07 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. Straight to the point, pro rasslin is a part of me. It will always be. People in life choose to invest time in many things, mine is rasslin. Without a doubt it has brought me many 1000's of hours of enjoyment and i hope i am still here for the next 1000 hours. Pro rasslin has everything i love, competition, drama, and most importantly surprises i never see coming. Vince is a genius and i cant wait for what he comes up with next. I love rasslin, its in my blood. i have spent thousands of dollars following rasslin and it was worth every penny. There is no price for happiness in life. I will follow rasslin till the day i die and love every minute of it and for very good reason, it makes me happy. U MAD???

jman
09-30-2010, 05:10 PM
hoping to be surprised but never am

the_legend
09-30-2010, 07:42 PM
I have been a wrestling fan for the better part of my whole life. 24 years or so. There have been phases where it was painful to watch (eg. Billy vs. Bart in the battle of the Smokin' Gunns as the Raw main event, and the death of WCW) but I still watch. No matter how stupid it gets, there always seems to be that one show, or that one match that makes it worth the time. I will likely be a fan for the rest of my life, and I am not embarrassed to admit it.

Ruggy
10-01-2010, 01:08 PM
To be honest, I watch sparingly these days. I just can't be bothered anymore. There are too many "stars" and not enough emphasis on story-lines. All the top guys have wrestled eachother upteen times and it is getting passe now.

JimmytheBlack
10-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Some people keep saying John Morrison is the next Shawn Michaels? Yeah...fat chance of that. Morrison can barely deliever a promo let alone be 1/10th of what Shawn Michaels was. Morrison just doesn't have the charasmatic personality that Shawn Michaels had which is something you either have or don't have (that whole spider-man backstage gimmick is pure cheese). Sorry, Mr. Wrestlemania is always going to be Shawn Michaels as John Morrison is just mid-card talent at best as he lacks in the metal elements to succeed.

John Morrison has excellent promos. You can't expect him to be a mirror image of Micheals. All of the elements that made Shawn a star, are in Morrison. This next year is gonna be proof of that.

djsoulslayer
10-02-2010, 12:06 AM
I watch it because I still have hope and because its a habit.

AGEOFFALL
10-03-2010, 03:03 AM
The lack of good stuff on tv during those two hours.

IrkenInvader
07-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Discuss this topic more.