PDA

View Full Version : Billy Gunn to wwe HOF??

helmsley
07-03-2011, 03:51 PM
In a recent interview, gunn stated that he ,sean waltman and road dogg should be inducted into the hall of fame.

My personal opinion is HELL NO, i dont think they had any real relevance in wrestling history and i think billy gunn has a massive ego, since he also comments that since the rock and stone cold are returning, that the other mega star from the 90 to make a return should be him

so what do you think??? do he deserves HOF or even deserves to be back in wwe??

jordan1995
07-03-2011, 03:53 PM
he deserves to fuck off ...he has no place in any company imo ..he is miles away from being entertaining..they were all shit in tna ..and its people such as them with huge egos end up giving the sport a bad name

tad locust
07-03-2011, 04:00 PM
I think he deserves to be in the HOF.He was a big part of the Attitude Era and was in one of the greatest tag teams of all time.I think he would have been a great world champion.If celeberties and guys who barley wrestled for WWE are in there,then he definetly deserves to be.I also agree Road Dogg and Sean should be inducted....

helmsley
07-03-2011, 04:07 PM
I think he deserves to be in the HOF.He was a big part of the Attitude Era and was in one of the greatest tag teams of all time.I think he would have been a great world champion.If celeberties and guys who barley wrestled for WWE are in there,then he definetly deserves to be.I also agree Road Dogg and Sean should be inducted....

i see your point, but i think that there are MANY wrestlers who are more worthy of that honor than those three

ChrisQ1
07-03-2011, 04:10 PM
He must be on drugs again, either that or he was drunk. He doesnt deserve to be in the HOF at all, nothing but a lower-midcarder.

SESAfro
07-03-2011, 04:12 PM
i see your point, but i think that there are MANY wrestlers who are more worthy of that honor than those three
This.

I feel he doesn't deserve it as much since he wasn't that influential to stars. You don't here many saying "Billy Gunn is one of my main influences in the this sport." On the celebrity note, that is just plain stupid. The WWE HoF should be hone for wrestlers and managers only. Drew Carey should take a hike.

HeelTurn
07-03-2011, 04:17 PM
NO NO and erm NO. They have done nothing HOF worthy, the only way I would even consider them going in is if DX was inducted as a group.

Peepster
07-03-2011, 04:20 PM
When you got a guy like koko b ware in the hof then I believe gunn roadogg and xpac deserve to be in there. They were huge stars in the attitude era. Gunn was a great tag team superstar, ic champ and king of the ring. Xpac as the 123 kidd, nwo member and dx member . . . thats pretty awesome. These guys helped shape the attitude era and I would love to see all 3 inducted in the hof.

tad locust
07-03-2011, 04:23 PM

Your Right.But many deserving wrestlers will never be in the HOF due to politics or simply refusing.NAO and Sean would all accept.

CMRyder
07-03-2011, 04:25 PM

PLEASE tell me that was sarcasm.

tad locust
07-03-2011, 04:29 PM
PLEASE tell me that was sarcasm.

It was NOT sarcasm.I really think he should be in the HOF.

CMRyder
07-03-2011, 04:32 PM
It was NOT sarcasm.I really think he should be in the HOF.

Well okay. We all have opinions. I think Steve Blackman should be in the HOF.

K-Jammin
07-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Maybe one day he could get inducted as part of the New Age Outlaws, but definitely not on his own.

SilverGhost
07-03-2011, 04:39 PM
I agree with HeelTurn. As an individual....hell no.

Maybe in a group induction.

Steve Blackman and Ron Simmons HOF!

Russo swerve
07-03-2011, 04:44 PM
They should induct dx as a group or the new age outlaws but as a singles competitor HELL NO!!!!!!

TNA 'The very best'
07-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Bill Gunn no, But i do think DX as a whole should be entered, Him, Road Dogg, X pac and Chyna as part of DX not individual/

tad locust
07-03-2011, 04:51 PM
Well okay. We all have opinions. I think Steve Blackman should be in the HOF.

10 time tag champ
IC Champ
King of The Ring 1999
Hardcore Champ
DX member
Thats a good enough amount of accomplishments to be in the HOF.Don't think he was a bad wrestler Just because he wasnt an internet darling spot monkey or mat technician.

Rich Cranium
07-03-2011, 04:53 PM
I notice a lot of you say he should be inducted along with DX or New Age Outlaws as a group. If so, then they better induct the Four Horsemen, The NWO, The Freebirds and so on.

LMPunker
07-03-2011, 04:57 PM
new age outlaws should be or dx as a whole so in a way i kinda agree with him but if billy gets in the hall of fameand road dogg xpac and even chyna dont get in hall of fame then thats bs because at one time the new age laws had the 3rd highest selling merchendise behind steve austin and the rock and were entertaining but disagree with him out right saying i deserve to be in hall of fame if they never main evented a pay per view

CMRyder
07-03-2011, 05:33 PM
10 time tag champ
IC Champ
King of The Ring 1999
Hardcore Champ
DX member
Thats a good enough amount of accomplishments to be in the HOF.Don't think he was a bad wrestler Just because he wasnt an internet darling spot monkey or mat technician.

The internet wasn't exactly the way it is now back then, and he's Billy Gunn. Jake The Snake Roberts isn't even in the HOF for crying out loud. Ron Simmons isn't either. And Neither is BILLY KIDMAN! < Realize I'm being sarcastic about the Billy Kidman and Steve Blackman, but its pretty much the same as saying Billy Gunn for HOF.

clrj3514
07-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Hell if Drew Carey's in why not! :rolleyes:

Necroyeti
07-03-2011, 05:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Y0rVb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Hk4in.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/FAoxd.gif
http://i.imgur.com/MlTup.jpg
Don't have enough reaction images to bury the ass man as much as I would like to.

tad locust
07-03-2011, 05:48 PM
The internet wasn't exactly the way it is now back then, and he's Billy Gunn. Jake The Snake Roberts isn't even in the HOF for crying out loud. Ron Simmons isn't either. And Neither is BILLY KIDMAN! < Realize I'm being sarcastic about the Billy Kidman and Steve Blackman, but its pretty much the same as saying Billy Gunn for HOF.

Gunn was a main eventer in the summer of 1999 and was one of the most over wrestlers in the industry while teaming with Road Dogg.He would've been a full time main eventer and possibly world champ if he hadn't got injured.Comparing him to 2 full time mid carders who were in WWE for less then 5 years is inaccurate because he accomplished much more.Its true there are more deserving wrestlers but many of them will never be inducted due to politics or refusal.Im pretty sure that includes Roberts.

eboy
07-03-2011, 05:51 PM
In a recent interview, gunn stated that he ,sean waltman and road dogg should be inducted into the hall of fame.

My personal opinion is HELL NO, i dont think they had any real relevance in wrestling history and i think billy gunn has a massive ego, since he also comments that since the rock and stone cold are returning, that the other mega star from the 90 to make a return should be him

so what do you think??? do he deserves HOF or even deserves to be back in wwe??

I think members of DX deserve their spot i mark out for anything they do perhaps X-Pac more than the other 2 and not as of they'd be star inducties everyone needs to chill out

my new HOF thing is he was gonna induct Chyna so Simon Dean for 2012 HOF Woooo

dondorian
07-03-2011, 06:06 PM
i think billy gunn,road dogg and x-pac all deserve in hof at some point just not now.......like someone else said thiers alot of people that deserve it more than him but gunn,road dogg and x-pac do deserve it at one point i found them entertaining in autitude area proberly 3 people i was watching wwe for as well as ovcourse others but they were main people who i liked back then.....

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
07-03-2011, 06:16 PM
I'm on the fence with Billy Gunn being in the hall of fame. I won't say he SHOULDN'T be in the Hof, but I also won't say he SHOULD either. I think he, as well as Road Dogg and Sean Waltman, need to return for one last run in the company and help these younger talents out. How they contribute to the growth of the business will determine if they should be in the HoF for me. I am a huge fan of all three of them, despite their issues and personal views.

Bodom
07-03-2011, 06:18 PM
You could certainly make a case for Billy Gunn when you look at all the other people in the HoF.

Viper
07-03-2011, 06:29 PM
i cant recall a good singles match this guy has had and he has the audacity to say he deserves to be in the wwe hall of fame?

tag team wise, i can understand.

as for a spot with the wwe, i only see him jobbing to up and coming talent if he ever did come back.

eire attitude 91
07-03-2011, 06:40 PM
as someone already said if drew careys in, hell hornswoggle shud be in it, nevermind Billy, if DX went is as a stable yeah 100% but on his own personally i dont think so. actually some of the funniest sh#t he did was with chuck and rico induct tem if the HOF ceremony is in Frisco for the comic value ;)

CMRyder
07-03-2011, 07:02 PM
You could certainly make a case for Billy Gunn when you look at all the other people in the HoF.

Celebrities aside..It is called a Celebrity Wing for a reason, KOKO B. WARE > BILLY GUNN!

ut11smithcor
07-03-2011, 07:12 PM
he deserves to go in, know why? because he did more than you will ever do, thats why.

Bodom
07-03-2011, 07:14 PM
By that reasoning Cody Deaner and Colin Delaney belong in the Hall too.

Necroyeti
07-03-2011, 07:16 PM
he deserves to go in, know why? because he did more than you will ever do, thats why.
herp derp de derp a durr

SilverGhost
07-03-2011, 07:27 PM
By that reasoning Cody Deaner and Colin Delaney belong in the Hall too.

Refer to Dolph's reaction provided by Necro.

Kiss My Ass Club Member
07-03-2011, 07:27 PM
Ya cant ask for it...whats wrong with this guy? This says a lot about him. They should induct Bart Gunn and Road Dogg. Leave his sorry ass out in the cold.

Peepster
07-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Of course their are more deserving people who should be in the hof but the question is should he be in the hof . . . not when. He would never headline a hof but he has accomplished so much in the wwe compared to other stars, ic, tag team, king of the ring and to me that is enough to make it in the hof alone. But being apart of DX is the main reason he should be in the hof because DX will go down in history as one of the best factions ever. Even casual fans who didnt watch alot knew what DX was. People paid money and bought merchandise to see DX. They were headliners in the attitude era and to be a main attraction during the most popular era in wrestling to me is hof material. Induct all 3 because without them . . . the attitude era wouldnt of been the same.

CMRyder
07-03-2011, 08:24 PM
Ya cant ask for it...whats wrong with this guy? This says a lot about him. They should induct Bart Gunn and Road Dogg. Leave his sorry ass out in the cold.

Bart Gunn..Nope
Road Dogg...NO.
Billy Gunn. NO.
X-Pac is the only one with the slightest chance.

For the Billy Gunn Case...Billy & Chuck...'Nuff said.

clrj3514
07-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Bart Gunn..Nope
Road Dogg...NO.
Billy Gunn. NO.
X-Pac is the only one with the slightest chance.

For the Billy Gunn Case...Billy & Chuck...'Nuff said.

I agree. X-Pac was around for a long time.

ToWhomItConcerns.
07-03-2011, 08:31 PM
this guy totally should go into the Hall 1 day. i think sometimes people forget just how good he was cause in recent years hes come off as a gigantic tool.

he was in WWE for 11 years.
10 time tag champ...2 time hardcore champ...1 time IC champ...King of the Ring that alone would give him better "stats" than a bunch of people already in the HOF but add to that his time with DX. i know alot of the IWC hates whenever the Attitude Era (*gasp* i spoke the evil words!!!) is brought up but NAO and DX were absolutely HUGE during that time so he definitely is well known.

again, the dude acts like a complete tool but should he be in the Hall Of Fame? yup.

blink
07-04-2011, 12:27 AM
I, much like a lot of you, think Billy should be inducted with dx as a group. They could have a whole ceremony giving each member a spotlight, from Rick rude to hbk to NAO to PAC chyna and hhh. I always like Billy in the ring. He was a solid charismatic performer who was destroyed by a rock promo (which I thought was shitty of the rock to bury him so badly) and then had his wings clipped by being stripped of his mr ass gimmick and then being called "the one" Billy gunn.... Then he had to do that publicity stunt with chuck.

I read that report on gunn saying he deserves to go in. I don't think he was being arrogant at all. I think he was just saying his piece. I mean who here wouldn't be vocal about something they feel they've earned. Plus I think he very well could help today's stars. He could teach them a thing or two about tag team wrestling.

What do you guys think of that hof idea I had though? Induct dx as a group and spotlight all the member and maybe let them have a short speech after their spotlight. I think that'd be cool. Sure there are more deserving people to go in the hall than Billy but he has earned an induction too

Goldust22
07-04-2011, 08:32 AM
Way to many are inducted every year to this 'Hall of Fame' alot dont really deserve to be in there when so many who do arent.

They should really limit it to 1 Tag Team, 1 Diva, 2 Single Wrestlers and 1 who has done alot for wrestling but never was a full time wrester (i.e. Managers, Ring Announcers, Trainers, Agents, Comentators etc....)

helmsley
07-04-2011, 11:11 AM
There are many people with kind of the same accomplishments than gunn, but will never be in HOF, so why should he be in, even if he had aa good career, the HOF is for people who did more than that, who changed the way wrestling is right now ( or it should be that way anyway)

Automatic
07-04-2011, 11:13 AM
Why not, I'd love to see the New Age Outlaws in the HOF.

tad locust
07-04-2011, 11:30 AM
There are many people with kind of the same accomplishments than gunn, but will never be in HOF, so why should he be in, even if he had aa good career, the HOF is for people who did more than that, who changed the way wrestling is right now ( or it should be that way anyway)

As I said,Your correct that there are more deserving guys but many of them will never be inducted.Also,Billy is more deserving then people like Koko B. Ware,Baron Mikel Scicluna,Wendi Richer,and Johnny Rodz.Overall,He was a good wrestler with a good career who has had enough accomplishments and moments to be inducted.

Tommy Thunder
07-04-2011, 11:35 AM
The New Age Outlaws possibly deserve to go in as a tag team, or if DX get inducted as a stable, but as far as Billy Gunn going in on his own (I asume that's what he's insinuating he wants) NO CHANCE IN HELL!!

AOF666
07-04-2011, 12:34 PM
I think they should but there are others way more deserving bore those three

CMRyder
07-05-2011, 02:22 AM
Still can't believe some people actually think Billy Gunn should be in HOF. Lol