PDA

View Full Version : John Cena bashing The Rock at a live event.

KingOrton
07-03-2011, 12:29 PM
NOT YET POSTED ON EWN:

WWE Champion John Cena ripped into The Rock during a post-match promo at the July 3 live event in Perth, Australia. “Where is the so called captain of Team Bring It?,” Cena asked. “And if he is the captain of Team Bring It, what are they bringing a doctor’s note that he can’t fly all the way to Australia and entertain the WWE Universe out here in Perth?
“I don’t care if I’ve got to play G.I. Joe, Fast Five, Fast Six, Godzilla, King Kong, and Julius Caesar all rolled into one, I want to be in the middle of this ring, defending this championship in front of all of you, because I am not an actor, I am a professional wrestler. That is what I do because of crowds like you.
“So if you cried (inaudible) tears for an actor to get back in the ring, you take your tears and your t-shirt with a bull, fold them up real nice, put them in your dresser and wait until April 1st because that is the only time The People’s Champ will say that he loves all of you. But tonight from myself, from all the WWE Superstars who flew 20 hours to be here in front of you, I simply say thank you.” - Credit to Steve Carrier

Although im not a huge fan of Cena... nor a hater (kinda neutral) Ive agreed with every single one of John Cena's promos about The Rock. What about you guys?

SilverGhost
07-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Disagree with him being a pro wrestler lol Sports entertainer John.

helmsley
07-03-2011, 12:41 PM
the rock is better, and i rather have him do sporadic performances than being in a normal basis on wwe

tad locust
07-03-2011, 12:48 PM
I respect Cena for saying that and actually calling himself a professional wrestler.Im not a fan of him but agree with everything he said about Rock.

Enforcer23
07-03-2011, 01:04 PM
im just shocked he said wrestler whats with wwe these days there relizing what they do in the ring hahahahaha....and i agree with cena...and i like how wwe is continuing these storys were they go

AOF666
07-03-2011, 01:19 PM
there seems to be a trend where everybody is calling themselves a wrestler. Sounds like a silence protest agains Vince.

StevenT8481
07-03-2011, 01:27 PM
and Cena doesn't do moves?
give me a break.
Rock can do whatever he wants.
Cena can stay in that ring for 20 mores years and will NEVER be as loved as Rock was and will forever be.

KingOrton
07-03-2011, 01:31 PM
and Cena doesn't do moves?
give me a break.
Rock can do whatever he wants.
Cena can stay in that ring for 20 mores years and will NEVER be as loved as Rock was and will forever be.
Your missing the point -__- And this is kinda what Cena was talking about.

StevenT8481
07-03-2011, 01:33 PM
Rock has moved on though.
Just let him do what he wants.
Everyone leaves at some point.
Regardless of the reasons they leave.
One day, Cena will leave too.
I just don't see why everyone has to have their panties in a bunch about him leaving to go to hollywood.

KingOrton
07-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Rock has moved on though.
Just let him do what he wants.
Everyone leaves at some point.
Regardless of the reasons they leave.
One day, Cena will leave too.
I just don't see why everyone has to have their panties in a bunch about him leaving to go to hollywood.

We arnt mad that he left for hollywood, it just pisses me off that he says he loves you all and will never leave again yet he hasnt been on Raw in months. Either stay full time, or dont even bother to come back into wrestling at all.

StevenT8481
07-03-2011, 01:43 PM
blame vince as well.
not just rock.
vince is the one throwing money in his face to come back.
he is leaning way too much on the rock, using him as a crutch cause he doesnt have enough star power in the E
which is vinces own damn fault.

S.E. Zero
07-03-2011, 01:52 PM
This is just Cena continuing to be the ass kisser he's always been. Wrestlers leave the business and then come back as they please or are needed it doesnt mean they love fans less or that fans love them less.

Look at how the crowd pops for Stone Cold, HHH, Undertaker, HBK, etc. and they continue to love the fans and they love them. I see it as it is The Rock had nothing else to do in the WWE especially when the attitude era came to a close. Why would he stick around and not be utilized to extent of his full potential? Of course he would venture and entertain people in a different and he's made a great career for himself as an actor and if that means I only see once a year so be it at least I know that one time of the year I won't be bored to death when I see him as I do with Cena; the fact that The Rock and the other previously mentioned Superstars aren't on TV as much as Cena is or doing house shows every other day of the year means nothing cause he will never be in the same league as The Rock or for that matter any of them.

I'm all for this ''bashing'' since it adds fuel to the fire for their impending match at WrestleMania but I strongly disagree with what he says.

StevenT8481
07-03-2011, 01:59 PM
This is just Cena continuing to be the ass kisser he's always been. Wrestlers leave the business and then come back as they please or are needed it doesnt mean they love fans less or that fans love them less.

Look at how the crowd pops for Stone Cold, HHH, Undertaker, HBK, etc. and they continue to love the fans and they love them. I see it as it is The Rock had nothing else to do in the WWE especially when the attitude era came to a close. Why would he stick around and not be utilized to extent of his full potential? Of course he would venture and entertain people in a different and he's made a great career for himself as an actor and if that means I only see once a year so be it at least I know that one time of the year I won't be bored to death when I see him as I do with Cena; the fact that The Rock and the other previously mentioned Superstars aren't on TV as much as Cena is or doing house shows every other day of the year means nothing cause he will never be in the same league as The Rock or for that matter any of them.

I'm all for this ''bashing'' since it adds fuel to the fire for their impending match at WrestleMania but I strongly disagree with what he says.

exactly. couldnt have said it any better.

Rilla
07-03-2011, 02:03 PM
I think it has more to do with the Rock saying something along the lines of, 'I'm here for good,' and hasn't really been there.

'Sides, this is just a storyline, Rock and Cena are reported to have made peace a LONG time ago.

the-rocks-stunner
07-03-2011, 02:26 PM
the rock "i'm back and i'm never going away" -_-

jethro
07-03-2011, 02:32 PM
the rock "i'm back and i'm never going away" -_-

haha he did say that :)

samoan619
07-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Wrestlers leave the business and then come back as they please or are needed it doesnt mean they love fans less or that fans love them less.

Had to quote this statement because this is so true.. Its funny how butthurt fans get, they like to use people's words against them like theyve never said anything they never followed thru with.. Look at the countless New Year resolutions that never happen..

Tai Night
07-03-2011, 02:59 PM
Its the same way if a love one tell you that their stop drinking but then turn around and go to the bar. You would be hurt or mad even though you have made statement like that and didn't keep true. The people still going feel the same about the Rock until he keep true. I don't like Cena but the guy is speaking the truth. He has done movies, TV shows and more and is still there every week for Monday Night Raw.

Hell when he was fired you couldn't keep his ass away. He shown that though he do Movies, rather for WWE or not, he is still loyal to the fans. At this point in his career, Cena can become a Block Buster hit. He has the look, can act somewhat but that can improve over time and he has the charm. So it's not like no other doors are open for the man, he just love what he do and that is the WWE.

Wrestling4Ever
07-03-2011, 03:09 PM
Cena just sounds like a broken record at this point. Look I get it, Cena loves the WWE, its his home, he is there doing all the shows and live events, doing his job. Yet he forgets that Rock is doing *gasp* his job as well. Rock is not a full time wrestler, his job now is an actor. Cena's job is wrestling. He doesn't have that time for the WWE and even if he could he is not allowed to from Vince to even be there full time. His era, his time is over. Rock didnt say, he guys Im back, going to be on RAW every week, going to be on all the live events and house shows! He said he was never going away, obviously alluding to being around but not dipping for so many years. People took what he said too literally and trying to twist his words and motives against him. Hell, Rock doesn't even have a contract with WWE, hes there off a handshake type deal and appearance basis. Words from Vinnie Mac himself. They need to have Rock address and clarify this on screen because Cena's argument is getting old now. To close, this has been a sorry week for Rock. Punk, Orton, & Cena have all ripped him this week.

HeelTurn
07-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Had to quote this statement because this is so true.. Its funny how butthurt fans get, they like to use people's words against them like theyve never said anything they never followed thru with.. Look at the countless New Year resolutions that never happen..

So true, Im sure there is a lot of wrestlers, not just in WWE who could not care less about their fans, there just in it for the fame or money etc.

emeron01
07-03-2011, 03:29 PM
here's the thing guys, the rock has had his run with the wwe and he's moved on. Big Deal. Cena can get on his high horse as many times as he likes, but the fact remains that the rock has paid his dues, the rock did it all in his career and no matter what the rock is still extremely over with the fans simply because of what he's done. I'm not a cena hater, to be honest i quite like cena but i just think he's out of order for walking around like he's the best thing since sliced bread.

steveorton
07-03-2011, 03:30 PM
This is exactly why I respect the hell out of Cena, I'm jus sayin...

Enforcer23
07-03-2011, 03:38 PM
This is exactly why I respect the hell out of Cena, I'm jus sayin...

agreed cena might not be great at being a wrestler which i think he can do more than 5 moves and is good on the mic..but he loves this company and its hard not to see it...the rock tho left the company to go to hollywood which is were the whole idea of wwe thinking that they can do more than just wrestling...the rock will have one last match at WM 28 and he will retire

StevenT8481
07-03-2011, 04:32 PM
"I love Wrestling....boo hoo hoo.
I love the fans....boo hoo hoo.
The Rock keeps going away and coming back....boo hoo hoo.
I respect the fans and the business more...boo hoo hoo."

Just shut up Cena and keep entertaining the little kids of the world.
Wrestlers are people who can make their own damn choices in life.
They are not tied to you...or to me...or to any fan.

ELNIOJR
07-03-2011, 05:10 PM
I want to be in the middle of this ring, defending this championship in front of all of you (Pandering, as Jericho would Say), because I am not an actor, I am a professional wrestler(?). That is what I do because of crowds like you.

Bottom Line: I rather have a "One Night only The Rock" than the "Every Week John Cena"! I Had with Guy! Same Old Crap, and I cant Stomach this/His Sh*t any longer. Ive Spoken!

Bodom
07-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Where was this passion leading into Wrestlemania 27?

twoot2
07-03-2011, 06:21 PM
I understand that Cena is trying to further the fued but come on why does he keep going back to the same point time and time and time again about the Rock not being at every live event or at RAW. The Rock is back in the capacity that Cena wanted him back in aswell as the millions of his fans.Its as if Cena has forgotton about all the live events Rock has attended from when he first started for in 1996. Rock used to work several live events a week including both Smackdown and RAW and people payed hard earned money just to see him..with Cena hes not entertaining at all infact hes that bad that everytime hes about to wrestle its time for me to go take a toilet break or go getta snack! he really needs to know his role and shut his big mouth and find some other lame joke in his PG diary. He should be lucky that he even gets to be in the same ring as a Legend like The Rock forget a match at WM28!!

eire attitude 91
07-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Cena bashing the rock is like a girlfriend who catches you eyeing up another woman and starts listing off how great she is and shes here with you not her etc very insecure of cena. i doubt the rock worries what cena is up while hes not in wwe to but cena is obsessed with the rock. bad move on cenas part by trying to compare himself to the rock cause he doesnt come off well in comparison.

those who knock the rock for not staying when he said he would i would like to point out, that cena wasnt really fired when he lost to wade barrett, vkm wasnt really in a coma, scsa didnt really get run over by rikishi, and vince wasnt killed in a car explosion. so evrytin spoken and portrayed on raw isnt a true. im even willing to bet that the results are predetermined and the lines scripted ;)

blackout version 1
07-03-2011, 06:43 PM
Look its pointless giving out about Cena and all things Cena related everyones heard it all before :)

Kiss My Ass Club Member
07-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Rocky sucks!, Cena sucks!, Rocky sucks!, Cena sucks!

SilverGhost
07-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Where was this passion leading into Wrestlemania 27?

Vinnie probably hadn't thought about it till after.

Viper
07-03-2011, 08:58 PM
i could care less what john cena has to say.

CMRyder
07-03-2011, 09:18 PM
We arnt mad that he left for hollywood, it just pisses me off that he says he loves you all and will never leave again yet he hasnt been on Raw in months. Either stay full time, or dont even bother to come back into wrestling at all.

This statement really doesn't make much sense. So you don't welcome lets say..SCSA when he makes an appearance on RAW? How about HBK last week? Piper a few weeks back? So these guys can peek their head in and say hello, but The Rock can't without having to stay full time?

KingOrton
07-03-2011, 09:24 PM
This statement really doesn't make much sense. So you don't welcome lets say..SCSA when he makes an appearance on RAW? How about HBK last week? Piper a few weeks back? So these guys can peek their head in and say hello, but The Rock can't without having to stay full time?

Point is their not wrestling. CM Punk said it right, Its not fair for DWAYNE to be in the main event at wrestlemania 28 when there is far more deserving people to be in it. (CM Punk)

K2Jelly
07-03-2011, 09:26 PM
I just hope we don't have to hear any rants from any butthurt smarks.

Bodom
07-03-2011, 09:30 PM
I just hope we don't have to hear any rants from any butthurt smarks.

They'll need to fill out the proper paperwork.

http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/butthurt_report_form.jpg

Wrestling4Ever
07-03-2011, 09:34 PM
Point is their not wrestling. CM Punk said it right, Its not fair for DWAYNE to be in the main event at wrestlemania 28 when there is far more deserving people to be in it. (CM Punk)

Forget that. Not one person whined about Rock being in the main event until Punk cut his little scripted shoot. Rock in the main event isnt hurting anyone at all.

CMRyder
07-03-2011, 09:37 PM

I agree with Punk on that. But I appreciate the Rock for just coming back in the first place to do one last match. Sure it'd be nice if he stayed full time for the year til WM 28, but come onnn its not going to happen. I do Wish That the match itself wouldn't be the main event tho, but whether for the WWE tittle or not, it still will be.

Kerrastone
07-03-2011, 10:53 PM
Basically what Cena is trying to say is that The Rock is doing it for himself and to progress further into his acting career. He came back to get the heat off of his back not because he loves wrestling.

Cena would never go into acting and drop the thing that made him completely.

IrkenInvader
07-03-2011, 10:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dys8KUnwGGg&feature=player_embedded#at=17

Boredom I curse thee.

SilverGhost
07-03-2011, 10:58 PM
They'll need to fill out the proper paperwork.

http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/butthurt_report_form.jpg

Such a report existed? WHY WASN'T I TOLD ABOUT THIS?! -prints copies and places them in front of my mod office-

" Get one and fill it out if you have an issue. Place them in the box and I will get to you....whenever I can or feel like."-SG

IrkenInvader
07-03-2011, 11:00 PM
Such a report existed? WHY WASN'T I TOLD ABOUT THIS?! -prints copies and places them in front of my mod office-

" Get one and fill it out if you have an issue. Place them in the box and I will get to you....whenever I can or feel like."-SG

Frank gave you guys offices. Damn, I wanna be Mod.

johnnydropkicks
07-03-2011, 11:26 PM

thought he said mod orifice

you know like a place where the ban shoots out of

my desire to be a mod just completely diminished for a second there but it's back now

IrkenInvader
07-03-2011, 11:28 PM
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/MikalMiers/Rock.jpg

CMRyder
07-03-2011, 11:30 PM
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/MikalMiers/Rock.jpg

You have a thing for ugly kids don't you?

IrkenInvader
07-03-2011, 11:32 PM

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/MikalMiers/bigfatmeanie.png

CMRyder
07-03-2011, 11:33 PM

Sweet! Been trying to get that one for roughly 7 months now!

IrkenInvader
07-03-2011, 11:38 PM

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/MikalMiers/tumblr_ku1gcwx1tn1qaqsl6o1_500.jpg

RomanFlare
07-03-2011, 11:40 PM

Goddamn that trophy is a hard one to earn. Super Cena is a cheating bastard >.<

IrkenInvader
07-04-2011, 12:00 AM
http://www.reallyfunnypictures.co.uk/general/pics/23.02.06/wrestlingcamp.jpg

SilverGhost
07-04-2011, 12:04 AM
Frank gave you guys offices. Damn, I wanna be Mod.

Hells yeah!

thought he said mod orifice

you know like a place where the ban shoots out of

my desire to be a mod just completely diminished for a second there but it's back now

I said office! lol

blink
07-04-2011, 01:15 AM
The rock and cena are the exact same kind of superstar. They both have a limited moveset that they use. They both go to strikes over anything else first and they both get their asses whooped for a whole match then win with the 5 moves of doom formula. Honestly, I don't expect much out of this match. It'll be nothing but having the people elbow and the shuffling of the 5 knuckles. The rock will bottom and Cena will adjust an attitude. Boring.

I think the reason people are more upset over rock just doing cameos every once In a while and are ok withthe likes of Austin and hbk doing it is because the latter 2 stayed with the company and competed till they physically couldn't handle it anymore and then retired. The rock dropped the E as quickly as he could. Just as soon as Hollywood called he was gone. So its normal for his fans to feel jilted and resent him a little still. And it's like rubbing salt in a wound when he comes back preaching about loving the company and the fans. If that was the case he wouldn't have tried to distance himself from wrestling the way he did.

Yes cenas main point of rocky not being here is getting old but it's still a valid point. And honestly I don't think he deserves the main event of wrestlemania. He hasn't wrestled in years, hasn't been seen on wwe programming in years. Hasn't even tried to till recently and he's rewarded with the main event of wrestle fucking mania! There are guys busting there ass out there every night, guys like cena, and swagger, and ziggler, and Bryan, and Christian but no the rock finally decided to grace us with his presence so we give him top billing on the biggest event of the year. He doesn't deserve it. Hell mark Henry deserves it more than the rock! Especially with the way he has stepped his game up here lately. Impressive

blink
07-04-2011, 01:16 AM
Sory about that rant. I made myself mad half way in and couldn't stop myself lol

TheVipersCenation
07-04-2011, 07:28 AM
Disagree with him being a pro wrestler lol Sports entertainer John.

I disagree, the man can actually wrestle.. have you seen his early matches.. his ones in 2006 and before? His ones in OVW?

Y2Jryder
07-04-2011, 10:06 AM
Can Cena do a shoot promo for us please:D

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
07-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Let him keep shooting on the Rock. It will give him more incentivie to come back more often, which is what he NEEDS to do. Btw, John Cena is a professional wrestler? Laughable. When I look at Cena, I immediately think SPORTS ENTERTAINER. CM Punk is a pro wrestler. Daniel Bryan is a pro wrestler. SCSA is a pro wrestler. Funny thing is, The Rock can also be claimed as a sports entertainer, but he is more of a pro wrestler than an entertainer anyways.

jrsckilla23
07-04-2011, 05:03 PM
Cena is making himself look like a fucken Idiot First he says that he wanted The Rock to come back for a special event on Raw or an appearance at a PPV now he's saying that I'm not a Actor but a Professional Wrestler (LMFAO) and I'm here all the time to give you people what you want (KISSING ASS LIKE ALWAYS) what a fucken Hypocrite. Cena will always be known as the Worst Wrestling Entertainer Ever as the face of WWE, He will never fill in the shoes of Macho Man, Ric Flair, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, Stone Cold and The Rock. The Rock gave us something we have been missing in 7 years and that's his presence in the WWE don't matter if he is Live or Via-Satellite his returns are the best thing in WWE better than John Cena presence in every WWE show.

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww211/jrsckilla23/CenaSucks1.jpg
YES!! IT'S TRUE IT'S DAMN TRUE

Automatic
07-04-2011, 05:14 PM
Too bad Cena wasn't around in the Attitude Era, I think he's severly limited by the PG rules.

CobraNightviper
07-04-2011, 06:13 PM
Didn't the Rock say on twitter it's all about ratings and he draws more in one night than Punk does in his whole career or something along those lines?

CobraNightviper
07-04-2011, 06:17 PM
Because Cena has no other points to bring up.
I understand that Cena is trying to further the fued but come on why does he keep going back to the same point time and time and time again about the Rock not being at every live event or at RAW. The Rock is back in the capacity that Cena wanted him back in aswell as the millions of his fans.Its as if Cena has forgotton about all the live events Rock has attended from when he first started for in 1996. Rock used to work several live events a week including both Smackdown and RAW and people payed hard earned money just to see him..with Cena hes not entertaining at all infact hes that bad that everytime hes about to wrestle its time for me to go take a toilet break or go getta snack! he really needs to know his role and shut his big mouth and find some other lame joke in his PG diary. He should be lucky that he even gets to be in the same ring as a Legend like The Rock forget a match at WM28!!

WWTNA Mark
07-05-2011, 08:19 PM
I agree 100% with John Cena. xD

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2uX33YZgqkw/Taw-bnaeK4I/AAAAAAAACfA/yAh4FHu2xQY/s1600/I-Bring-It-Via-Satellite.jpg

WWTNA Mark
07-05-2011, 08:39 PM
Also, for the people who are saying John Cena is an ass-kisser, didn't The Rock try to kiss ass by claiming he was never leaving WWE again? A bit of contradiction there people. I am a big mark for The Rock but I agree with what Cena is saying as well.

Wrestling4Ever
07-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Also, for the people who are saying John Cena is an ass-kisser, didn't The Rock try to kiss ass by claiming he was never leaving WWE again? A bit of contradiction there people. I am a big mark for The Rock but I agree with what Cena is saying as well.

Thats not ass kissing. He didnt even claim to never leave, anyway for one he hasnt even left. People keep thinking Rock said he was back as a main stay. Thats not what he said.

WWTNA Mark
07-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Thats not ass kissing. He didnt even claim to never leave, anyway for one he hasnt even left. People keep thinking Rock said he was back as a main stay. Thats not what he said.

I think you need to re-watch The Rock's promo because he did say he left. Also, I didn't think The Rock was going to come back as the main stay but when he says "I give you my word that I am never ever going away." even though we know he is, that is still some-what of ass-kissing.

Wrestling4Ever
07-06-2011, 08:25 PM
I think you need to re-watch The Rock's promo because he did say he left. Also, I didn't think The Rock was going to come back as the main stay but when he says "I give you my word that I am never ever going away." even though we know he is, that is still some-what of ass-kissing.

No. Thats not what I said. You said he claimed to never leave again, I said he actually hasnt left because thats not what he was talking about in saying going away. He was alluding to leaving like he did for 7 years. That is what he meant and that is what he is doing. The only reason he didnt flat out say that is because its for the storyline. WWE/Cena is saying Rock meant that he was back for good, which in turn, creates moments like these for Cena to whine about Rock not keeping his "promises"

WWTNA Mark
07-06-2011, 08:29 PM
No. Thats not what I said. You said he claimed to never leave again, I said he actually hasnt left because thats not what he was talking about in saying going away. He was alluding to leaving like he did for 7 years. That is what he meant and that is what he is doing. The only reason he didnt flat out say that is because its for the storyline. WWE/Cena is saying Rock meant that he was back for good, which in turn, creates moments like these for Cena to whine about Rock not keeping his "promises"

Oh, my bad. lol I get what you're saying.

Wrestling4Ever
07-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Oh, my bad. lol I get what you're saying.

lol yeah man. Sorry if Im coming off a little douchey. Not that way at all.