PDA

View Full Version : Why so many guests?

xAzureSkye
07-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Damn when i look at the member list at the bottom there are always so many more guests than members, i mean it would be nicer if some of those guests signed up for the website, so at least we would have a few more people to chat too, i always like hearing people's insights into wrestling or anything. I mean right now there are 20 members and 150 guests.

Maybe there should be a rule where you can only view the forum if you sign up?

helmsley
07-03-2011, 11:23 AM
making people sign up before they can check the site is a bit drastical, but i see your point, i think that maybe giving an extra benefit when signing up might work

jordan1995
07-03-2011, 11:28 AM
i think most people will sign up after a while :)

xAzureSkye
07-03-2011, 11:44 AM
making people sign up before they can check the site is a bit drastical, but i see your point, i think that maybe giving an extra benefit when signing up might work

i mean just for the forum, they dont need to sign up to view the news

SilverGhost
07-03-2011, 12:18 PM
I remember a similar thread somewhere buried here. I think the guests are probably looking at our stuff and maybe decide if they wanna join or they want some insight from this side for the news rather than Ryan Clark.

All possibilities.....

TheDevilsAdvocate
07-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Um... I believe if they could not see it before they signed up then not only would we have zero guests, but our member count would dwindle as well. When I first came here I lurked for a few days, and then I joined. It took SilverGhost an AgeOfNowhere to catch my interest. So I think the sign-up before you view thing would be kind of silly.

SilverGhost
07-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Um... I believe if they could not see it before they signed up then not only would we have zero guests, but our member count would dwindle as well. When I first came here I lurked for a few days, and then I joined. It took SilverGhost an AgeOfNowhere to catch my interest. So I think the sign-up before you view thing would be kind of silly.

But it is possible.

Majority is probably for the news and our insight from it.

MattElder
07-03-2011, 03:06 PM
What about a limited amount of times you can view? Like you can only see 4 bangbros trailers per day. well the same, they can only read 4 threads per day with out signing up

eboy
07-03-2011, 03:19 PM
They are proberbly checking out the Awesomness pf EWWNCW & WWE By Eboy :p

SilverGhost
07-03-2011, 03:24 PM
What about a limited amount of times you can view? Like you can only see 4 bangbros trailers per day. well the same, they can only read 4 threads per day with out signing up

EWN=/=BangBros.

I have used this site as a guest so they can see alot of threads.

Kashdinero
07-03-2011, 03:53 PM
I don't think it matters. So what if they can read our posts without signing up. It's not like we've got anything to hide. The freedom of being able to read all the threads is probably the reason why we have so many members in the first place.

Bodom
07-03-2011, 06:11 PM
This is a public and open forum. Limiting what unregistered guests can see is retarded.

IrkenInvader
07-03-2011, 09:27 PM
We-have-a-lot-of-guests (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?3216-We-have-a-lot-of-guests)
Already been discussed.

Bodom
07-03-2011, 09:34 PM
Shut your face.

IrkenInvader
07-03-2011, 09:50 PM
Never.............

drumn4life0789
07-16-2011, 09:31 PM
I have seen sites before have it set up where you can only read the first page of a thread if you were a guest.

That could be an interesting thing to do. That way guest can read threads but if they want to see more they will have to sign up which would almost certainly make some of them eventually post.

Snair
07-16-2011, 10:32 PM
Whats wrong with checking out a forum before signing up?If the place is good (which it is) they'll eventually signup.

RomanFlare
07-17-2011, 12:14 AM
Am I the only person who thoroughly enjoyed the thread that was linked?

IrkenInvader
08-21-2011, 07:21 PM
Am I the only person who thoroughly enjoyed the thread that was linked?

Nope, I clearly enjoyed my own comedy.