PDA

View Full Version : The usos using the haka

Manabu
07-02-2011, 11:56 AM
Sorry if this has already been posted but has any seen the Usos using the haka as part of the entrance? I thought the haka was from new zealand?

A.Graham
07-02-2011, 12:24 PM
it is from New Zealand, it doesn't make any sense.

Asherdelampyr
07-02-2011, 12:24 PM
And Samoa was part of New Zealand until January 1962... Fail to see your point

RagnarokNRoll
07-02-2011, 12:28 PM
The haka is a Maori ceremonial dance. The Maori people hail from New Zealand and the surrounding islands, which include Samoa. The particular haka that the Uso's performed is called Kama Te and is a Maori war dance.

Asherdelampyr
07-02-2011, 12:30 PM
The haka is a Maori ceremonial dance. The Maori people hail from New Zealand and the surrounding islands, which include Samoa. The particular haka that the Uso's performed is called Kama Te and is a Maori war dance.

This

The people there have a lot of traditions that carry over all the islands, simply because until fairly recently (as historic events are measured) they were all the same nation, making it a lot easier to carry traditions over from one people to another

Manabu
07-02-2011, 12:35 PM
thanks to everyone for clearing it up, Ive never been at geography

Asherdelampyr
07-02-2011, 12:47 PM
thanks to everyone for clearing it up, Ive never been at geography

I was never a good student of geography in school, but watching enough wrestling made me want to know what the deal was with the Samoan tribal tattoos, and that led down a whole path of awesome info

samoan619
07-02-2011, 12:53 PM
I was never a good student of geography in school, but watching enough wrestling made me want to know what the deal was with the Samoan tribal tattoos, and that led down a whole path of awesome info

Thats pretty dope you know this.. You answered everything for me lolol.. Its not just my screen name, im an actual Samoan lol.. Thanks for answering the questions with the proper answers.. Im impressed #salute

Asherdelampyr
07-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Thats pretty dope you know this.. You answered everything for me lolol.. Its not just my screen name, im an actual Samoan lol.. Thanks for answering the questions with the proper answers.. Im impressed #salute

I just like learning about other cultures, especially when they are protrayed the same way over and over, it's fun to see where it all comes from, and what cool traditions they have that my own cultural roots (Irish and Scottish) do not.

Though I do wish sometimes that I was Samoan, cause the tats are still AWESOME!

SilverGhost
07-02-2011, 01:11 PM
I just like learning about other cultures, especially when they are protrayed the same way over and over, it's fun to see where it all comes from, and what cool traditions they have that my own cultural roots (Irish and Scottish) do not.

Though I do wish sometimes that I was Samoan, cause the tats are still AWESOME!

I agree 100% :D

Lowki
07-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Samoans have done it a few times in Rugby, which is what i would have said had Ragnorak not cleared it up :P

Tommy Thunder
07-02-2011, 01:40 PM
New Zeland are probably most famous about doing the hakka, but many other countries do it too. Tonga, Fiji and Samoa have their own, unique hakka that they perform before rugby matches. It's an ancient tradition from that area of the world.

steveorton
07-02-2011, 05:31 PM
I guess it sutis them, I'm jus sayin...

Enforcer23
07-02-2011, 11:52 PM
well either way everything they have been doing is great

Goldust22
07-03-2011, 01:13 AM
Samoa do the HAKA at times when they pay rugby im not sure but i think Fiji do also. I think all pacfic islanders do a verson of the Haka but there are quite a few different 'routines'.