PDA

View Full Version : Sin Cara's In-Ring Lighting: Unnecessary or Required?

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
07-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Is it just me or is everyone else getting tired of the unnecessary lighting that WWE has for Sin Cara's matches? I for one am already annoyed by it. Why is it so hard to just have him go out and wrestle? Maybe the reason he is botching so much may be contributed to the lighting. Hmmm. Well, then again, he was botching way before that .... Idk. I just think the lighting is a distraction and should just go.

Then again. I am one person. So I am starting this poll to get other people's perspective on this. Do you think Sin Cara's lighting is necessary or unnecesary? You already know mines. Let's get your thoughts.

Grandma Ape
07-01-2011, 08:13 PM
It reminds me of the lighting that my late husband would use before he would pop a bottle of wine and put a baby inside of me.

Rich Cranium
07-01-2011, 08:16 PM
It is very unnecessary to say the least.

Brewer 314
07-01-2011, 08:17 PM
It reminds me of the lighting that my late husband would use before he would pop a bottle of wine and put a baby inside of me.

Why would you even say this..

xrxprtyx
07-01-2011, 08:17 PM
That and him winning (almost) all the time really feel like it's a rigged deck for Sin Cara. Like he's "special", not even in the way he should be, but like he's given extra benefits while most other wrestlers have to grind their way up. I understand he's earned his stripes elsewhere, but there shouldn't be "special" time for a face wrestler, spoils are supposed to go with being a heel. I don't really see a point in pushing somebody so hard that doesn't even talk ever, if so, he needs a manager to do the talking for him. How is he ever supposed to have intriguing storylines without talking? Great matches, yes, storylines, so far the other guy has to carry the whole story.

Brewer 314
07-01-2011, 08:19 PM
I don't mind the lighting, but really why even bother with ambiance (as sloppy as his ring work is)

Rich Cranium
07-01-2011, 08:20 PM
That and him winning (almost) all the time really feel like it's a rigged deck for Sin Cara. Like he's "special", not even in the way he should be, but like he's given extra benefits while most other wrestlers have to grind their way up. I understand he's earned his stripes elsewhere, but there shouldn't be "special" time for a face wrestler, spoils are supposed to go with being a heel. I don't really see a point in pushing somebody so hard that doesn't even talk ever, if so, he needs a manager to do the talking for him. How is he ever supposed to have intriguing storylines without talking? Great matches, yes, storylines, so far the other guy has to carry the whole story.

Yeah it's as though the roster are jobbing to him. But what can they say? Nothing since Sin Cara has an Ace in his deck and I don't mean Johnny Ace but HHH.

Grandma Ape
07-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Why would you even say this..

Same reason you don't use question marks to punctuate interrogative statements. Sometimes just because is just because, lummox.

Enforcer23
07-01-2011, 08:22 PM

this is very unnecessary

SESAfro
07-01-2011, 08:25 PM
It is very unneeded. At times I get distracted and stop watching the match.

Rich Cranium
07-01-2011, 08:25 PM
this is very unnecessary

The lighting you mean?

Iron Ape
07-01-2011, 08:31 PM
this is very unnecessary
I can't even begin to imagine how someone would manage to be bothered by something so silly. I mean, really? REALLY?

Enforcer23
07-01-2011, 08:38 PM
it was a joke chill...no wonder sin cara is botching his moves he cant see anything

AOF666
07-01-2011, 09:12 PM
It's necessary, it is to distract everyone because he keeps botching in every match. They put a lot of money in promoting Sin Cara and he has been screwing up. Even a vet like Christian could help Sin Cara.

Bodom
07-01-2011, 09:19 PM
I can't even begin to imagine how someone would manage to be bothered by something so silly. I mean, really? REALLY?

Dude. Its this forum.

The New Guy
07-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Great, I missed Grandma Ape, she was awesome during the feud between the AbsolutlyPerfect and his "girlfriend", hopefully she'll stick around long enough to make me laugh a little bit more.

On topic: The lighting is stupid and is actually making me hate a perfectly good wrestler like Sin Cara/Mistico.

:)

monctonvike
07-01-2011, 09:55 PM
well el bocho's lights are not needed...he does have promise though

TwoTone
07-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Would you like another baby? I think I love you

ihearvoices
07-01-2011, 10:07 PM
is it needed No but should he keep the lighting like well IMO if he can wrestle with the lights like that and other people also then i dont see the big deal its not like WWE is changing the entire ring just for him its just lights.

Rockstar83
07-01-2011, 10:11 PM
You know how much McMahon loves Guys in Masks, all Sin Cara had to do was get on his knees and open his mouth....i guess he went with the WWE DIVA Contract deal

Iron Ape
07-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Dude. Its this forum.
Yeah, good point.

eyehatecena
07-01-2011, 10:27 PM
is it needed No but should he keep the lighting like well IMO if he can wrestle with the lights like that and other people also then i dont see the big deal its not like WWE is changing the entire ring just for him its just lights.

Have you ever heard of commas, periods, question marks?

Kiss My Ass Club Member
07-01-2011, 10:33 PM
He cant even see through that mask and now they turn the lights out on him? What else? they make him enter the ring by using a trampoline? Comet kid/Maxx Moon had a better ring entrance when he would use a jet pack to hop the steps and into the ring.

clh2285
07-01-2011, 10:40 PM
I don't know.....but fuck Randy Orton fans.

Ape is my new favorite poster.

Fin.

ihearvoices
07-01-2011, 11:32 PM

Im not going to even entertain you at all!

alexrules01
07-02-2011, 12:42 AM
I laughed when they were cutting to a commercial and Christian said "I can't see because of these stupid lights"

tad locust
07-02-2011, 01:10 AM
Sin Cara should definetly not have the lights dimmed during His matches.It's just lame and unnecessary.It's not going to add to his persona or intrest the fans......

blink
07-02-2011, 01:26 AM
Seriously.... I hate those lights more than the 5 knuckle shuffle. Which is a lot. They're distracting. I can't hardly see when they're outside of the ring and even though I know outcomes are predetermined it still seems like it gives cara an advantage

clh2285
07-02-2011, 01:35 AM
Im not going to even entertain you at all!
I don't think you could honestly

jordan1995
07-02-2011, 01:48 AM

dude stop being a cock over spelling and punctuation ffs

Kashdinero
07-02-2011, 02:30 AM
Sin was meant to get over immediately, but his ring work put that promise to bed early. Never one to admit defeat, Vince and the gang are just trying to force people into noticing him, and the lights have probably served their purpose in making the fans realise that he is something special, and someone worthy of their attention. I'm sure the majority of fans who had never heard of Mistico were absolutely shitting on him after his first few matches, just like those who had heard of him were. The difference being, those who had no idea who he was probably wrote him off as just another new signee who will be lost in the shuffle after a few weeks, whereas those who were over the moon over his arrival and disappointed with his performances knew he could and would do better once he "finds his feet" in the WWE. The thing is, those that had heard of Mistico are in the vast minority, and before the majority could give up on Sin, management decided to make them realise that Sin is on the way up, and deserves their recognition. Remember, the WWE Universe=Sheeple, and Vince is the Shepherd of the flock. Should the Sheeple start going in the direction the Shepherd doesn't want, the Sheepledog comes out to "guide" them towards the right direction.... The horrible lighting=The Sheepledog, and once Sin is over to a level that the Shepherd finds acceptable the Sheepledog will no longer be necessary. So, bear with it, as it's not going to be a permanent fixture of Sin's matches.

I will say this, though... As soon as Sin is booked in a way that Sin finds unacceptable, Sin will be back to Mexico quicker than Speedy Gonzales could say Ariba Ariba Ándale Ándale!!!

Angryhero
07-02-2011, 04:10 AM
His mask, and the lighting are most likely the reasons to boching... Not really his fault.

LMPunker
07-02-2011, 04:19 AM
i dont think the lighting makes any difference to him botching think he hasnt been helped by going straight to the main roster and not being given a chance to convert to the wwe style think it maybe nerves because he is expected to big a name usually when a talent comes in its heres your platform work hard and you never know and they have pretty much said you have to be a big name think hes slowly adapting but hes not taking wwe by storm the way rey mysterio did in 2002

back on topic i like the lighting it adds a different element to the show like when cody rhodes had that mirror on the minitron or rtruth having no music helps give him his own identity or how del rio has his own ring announcer

jordan1995
07-02-2011, 04:59 AM
Sin was meant to get over immediately, but his ring work put that promise to bed early. Never one to admit defeat, Vince and the gang are just trying to force people into noticing him, and the lights have probably served their purpose in making the fans realise that he is something special, and someone worthy of their attention. I'm sure the majority of fans who had never heard of Mistico were absolutely shitting on him after his first few matches, just like those who had heard of him were. The difference being, those who had no idea who he was probably wrote him off as just another new signee who will be lost in the shuffle after a few weeks, whereas those who were over the moon over his arrival and disappointed with his performances knew he could and would do better once he "finds his feet" in the WWE. The thing is, those that had heard of Mistico are in the vast minority, and before the majority could give up on Sin, management decided to make them realise that Sin is on the way up, and deserves their recognition. Remember, the WWE Universe=Sheeple, and Vince is the Shepherd of the flock. Should the Sheeple start going in the direction the Shepherd doesn't want, the Sheepledog comes out to "guide" them towards the right direction.... The horrible lighting=The Sheepledog, and once Sin is over to a level that the Shepherd finds acceptable the Sheepledog will no longer be necessary. So, bear with it, as it's not going to be a permanent fixture of Sin's matches.

I will say this, though... As soon as Sin is booked in a way that Sin finds unacceptable, Sin will be back to Mexico quicker than Speedy Gonzales could say Ariba Ariba Ándale Ándale!!!
hit the nail on the head there :)

Rain Man
07-02-2011, 09:37 AM

It's for his own good, it's really hard to understand what he is tryin to say at times. At least put commas and period, damn it XD

nrb6304
07-02-2011, 10:05 AM
I assure you his dumb lights do not make his matches ANY more interesting. His matches are pretty good as they are, TURN MY F**KING LIGHTS BACK ON!!! lol.

printz1224
07-02-2011, 11:14 AM
a lot of people are saying his lights are the reason for his botches...am i the only one that thinks they're designed to make them less noticeable??

StevenT8481
07-02-2011, 12:14 PM
He needs to learn how to do his moves correctly.
Or find out why he cannot do them correctly and fix it.
If it's the lighting, then get rid of it.
He is eventually going to hurt someone or hurt himself if he doesn't start doing moves correctly.

darkace9194
07-02-2011, 01:18 PM
has anybody ever thought that the reason he botches is because the other wrestlers can't keep up with him?

Tommy Thunder
07-02-2011, 01:46 PM
The lights are annoying, but it is to my understanding that they've started doing it to make his botches more un-noticeable. Only a few guys on the roster have the capability to keep up with him and have a decent match with him at this point in time IMO.
He is still adapting to the WWE style of wrestling. People were complaining when he was sent to FCW for some 'training', but I think he should have spent longer there to adapt to the new style, so that he would be ready for the main roster.

Jim Tailbait
07-02-2011, 03:02 PM
There should be a option in the poll which reads "It makes no difference to me". At the same instance, this is how I feel about it - Most of the time when I am focusing more on the action, I barely notice it. It is only when I focus on the light's themselves that I notice it .

steveorton
07-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Unnecessary, I'm jus sayin...

helmsley
07-02-2011, 06:28 PM
the light makes his botches less notable, so probably when he stops botching, the light will go, maybe even making it part of a feud

CMRyder
07-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Is it just me or is everyone else getting tired of the unnecessary lighting that WWE has for Sin Cara's matches? I for one am already annoyed by it. Why is it so hard to just have him go out and wrestle? Maybe the reason he is botching so much may be contributed to the lighting. Hmmm. Well, then again, he was botching way before that .... Idk. I just think the lighting is a distraction and should just go.

Then again. I am one person. So I am starting this poll to get other people's perspective on this. Do you think Sin Cara's lighting is necessary or unnecesary? You already know mines. Let's get your thoughts.

I honestly believe its just no one is used to those types of moves he does, and it has to be communication, bet most wrestlers just have to remember stuff that was discussed earlier in the day for their match win Cara. Or maybe SIN CARA IS JUST TOO GOOD FOR THESE GUYS! YEAH! lol No one can keep up with Sin Cara. Thats gotta be it. And about the lighting...its really stupid.

MinistryOfDarkness
07-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Sin Cara's lighting = Unnecessary. As far as the botches go, you can blame that on the fact that only 2 people in the whole company can keep up with him. Otherwise he'd be fitting in perfectly.

eyehatecena
07-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Only reason I said something to ihearvoices is because it is very hard to read his post. Really try reading a very long post of his. Spelling- I could care less, I can figure that out, but his post are hard to figure out what his point is most times the way he writes.

But to get back on topic, I really do not think the lights really add or take anything away from his matches. WWE just really needs to put him with people that do not just know the WWE style