PDA

View Full Version : WWE Is toying with you.

CMRyder
07-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Okay, yay...another thread about CM Punk's promo. However, as much as I loved it when it happened, the last few days I've thought about it and it finally hit me. The whole promo was WWE APPROVED. Which means WWE just made Punk go out there and say what the IWC wanted to hear, but they are so cocky, and full of themselves that they don't give two shits if they talk shit about themselves. So in the end, nothing is changing. No new "era" like some people are hopeful for. This was also done to try and generate more MITB buys obviously. WWE is toying with us wrestling fans, and they got the reaction they wanted. I wish that the promo wasn't fully scripted like it obviously was, it would of been the most epic thing ever. Prepare for at least 3 more years of Super Cena. (=

Automatic
07-01-2011, 02:12 PM
Wow, they must consider you a genious there in Tenessee? Or at least close too.

SaberToothTigerz
07-01-2011, 02:23 PM
yes precisely
it dawned to me that it is just a whole scam made by the wwe, hopefully with good results in the end.
dont let us eat sour grapes vince, make punk win the tittle for a change and leave us all happy even if its just for a month, give punk the victory to make us the real wrestling fans happy for once.

CMRyder
07-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Wow, they must consider you a genious there in Tenessee? Or at least close too.

I'd like to think so.

SilverGhost
07-01-2011, 02:27 PM
We all knew it was WWE approved. It was a "worked shoot" for a reason.

CMRyder
07-01-2011, 02:28 PM
The point is, people honestly think this is going to change things.

Automatic
07-01-2011, 02:31 PM

And why not? The promo has caused a major buzz and if it brings a major increase in buys for the MITB PPV why couldn't it change a few things?

SaberToothTigerz
07-01-2011, 02:33 PM

why shouldnt?
whats the point in doing such a well elaborated job that looks so real and u even doubt if its a work or not, and not having a point a some sort of reason behind it makes it completly useless from the get go.
vince aint dumb he knows what he is doing even at the expenses of his name.

CMRyder
07-01-2011, 02:38 PM
Its just one of those once in a while keep the internet fans happy for a moment thing. Like the Nexus was. It all turned into shit, just like this will. It won't change because its the WWE. WWE is toying with us. They're not changing most likely...however...what they should do is an ROH invasion. Vince let Punk mention ROH because he doesn't see them as a threat at all. This was the same thing they did with ECW and it did well for the WWE. They should do this, and it'd put a lot of pressure on TNA. But just like hoping for a new era, it seems completely fantasy.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Okay, yay...another thread about CM Punk's promo. However, as much as I loved it when it happened, the last few days I've thought about it and it finally hit me. The whole promo was WWE APPROVED. Which means WWE just made Punk go out there and say what the IWC wanted to hear, but they are so cocky, and full of themselves that they don't give two shits if they talk shit about themselves. So in the end, nothing is changing. No new "era" like some people are hopeful for. This was also done to try and generate more MITB buys obviously. WWE is toying with us wrestling fans, and they got the reaction they wanted. I wish that the promo wasn't fully scripted like it obviously was, it would of been the most epic thing ever. Prepare for at least 3 more years of Super Cena. (=

If you are going to steal someone's points, at least give them credit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skMTiojyI7U&feature=feedu

So unless this is you, give him credit. His title matches your title exactly...

...creepy.

Automatic
07-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Its just one of those once in a while keep the internet fans happy for a moment thing. Like the Nexus was. It all turned into shit, just like this will. It won't change because its the WWE. WWE is toying with us. They're not changing most likely...however...what they should do is an ROH invasion. Vince let Punk mention ROH because he doesn't see them as a threat at all. This was the same thing they did with ECW and it did well for the WWE. They should do this, and it'd put a lot of pressure on TNA. But just like hoping for a new era, it seems completely fantasy.

You really think the Nexus invasion was for the internet fans? I highly doubt the WWE ever does a storyline for the internet fans.

Fatality
07-01-2011, 02:56 PM
if you are going to steal someone's points, at least give them credit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skmtiojyi7u&feature=feedu

so unless this is you, give him credit. His title matches your title exactly...

...creepy.

bbbuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!

ihearvoices
07-01-2011, 03:10 PM

I disagree i dont think its WWE toying with us i think it has to do with the IWC seeing the promo then suddenly talking about it and drawing conclusions about the promo and making it bigger than what it was. The IWC just read too much into the segment so if it doesnt go as the IWC thinks it should end than people will feel like oh WWE played us or screw the IWC again. WWE never made any statement or comments to lead us on. All they did was do the segment and like always the IWC ran with it. At the end of the day if anyone gets disappointed at the MITB ppv we have ourselves only to blame.

SmackdownhotelCEO
07-01-2011, 03:12 PM
I can see how this can go from being so promising to utter disappointment. WWE lately has had a bad run of letting us down in many cases. Not all the time though. I think this is just a collective holding of the breath by many of us that perhaps we are seeing a shift in WWE. Not one away from PG but one that improves the PG era. Idk. I can understand both the pessimism and optimism being expressed. But let's not ruin an instant classic Punk made.

xAzureSkye
07-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Obviously WWE want MITB to get a lot of media attention after the Over The Limit fiasco./

Automatic
07-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Obviously WWE want MITB to get a lot of media attention after the Over The Limit fiasco./

OTL wasn't that bad, just the domestic PPV buys were bad.

CMRyder
07-01-2011, 03:22 PM
If you are going to steal someone's points, at least give them credit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skMTiojyI7U&feature=feedu

So unless this is you, give him credit. His title matches your title exactly...

...creepy.

How do you know thats not me?

ihearvoices
07-01-2011, 03:22 PM
I can see how this can go from being so promising to utter disappointment. WWE lately has had a bad run of letting us down in many cases. Not all the time though. I think this is just a collective holding of the breath by many of us that perhaps we are seeing a shift in WWE. Not one away from PG but one that improves the PG era. Idk. I can understand both the pessimism and optimism being expressed. But let's not ruin an instant classic Punk made.

To be completely honest Some of us in the IWC are taking this for what it is while others are hoping this will be the beginning of the end for PG and another part of us are just hoping this will be a direction they are taking into proving the PG era. For me im just taking it for what it is nothing more nothing less.

CMRyder
07-01-2011, 03:32 PM
You really think the Nexus invasion was for the internet fans? I highly doubt the WWE ever does a storyline for the internet fans.

WWE is not completely stupid. Believe it or not we make up a good percent of the fans, they wanna throw us a bone every now and then.

Bodom
07-01-2011, 03:32 PM
The promo has caused a major buzz ; a major increase in buys for the MITB PPV

Boom. Headshot.

AOF666
07-01-2011, 03:34 PM
It doesn't matter, I'm still not buying Money in the Bank paperview. I'm coming on this websites and read about it for free.

Y2Jryder
07-01-2011, 03:35 PM
WWE is not completely stupid. Believe it or not we make up a good percent of the fans, they wanna throw us a bone every now and then.

You still think Vince cares about the iwc do ya?
dream on junior.

imswm
07-01-2011, 03:36 PM
If anything, the WWE suits are having a major laugh at "the IWC" for going bananas yet again over another of their creative stunts that will likely go nowhere. You know who may be the biggest victim of this promo? R-Truth went from being the online talk of the town to the Invisible Man. Personally, I thought Truth was being vastly overrated anyway--but I "get it"...fans are so thirsty for something different.

jrsckilla23
07-01-2011, 03:55 PM
If your a wrestling fan you watch any type of Wrestling Business I watch WWE, TNA, ROH & NJPW. We all know WWE now is for lil kids but if you notice there are more adults who watch it and go live shows then kids you can even hear it in the "Lets Go Cena" chants that its just kids and woman so of course the woman are gonna be louder than the kids but if you hear the John Cena Sucks chants its getting louder than before. So my point is if you watch something all the time and don't like it we should stop watching it but this Cm Punk promo is what still attracts us Wrestling Entertainment not kids the REAL WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT fans that watch WWE today, Like when Bret Hart Returned, The Rock Returned and now this Cm Punk Work Shoot but i like what you said about it still won't change a thing because your right it ain't Vince is gonna say Fuck you Wrestling Fans and CASHING$$$$ Come here kids come sit in Vince and Cena's Lap. But if you notice Vince only gives us Wrestling Fans something Exciting like 3 or 4 times a year and thruought the Whole Yeah Let's bury everybody and still have SuperCena & Borton on top FUCK THAT!! after Wrestlemania 28 I'm done with this and going to watch ROH.

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww211/jrsckilla23/CenaSucks1.jpg
YES!! YES!!! HE DOES STOP SAYING I DONT LIKE HIM BUT I RESPECT HIM...CUT THE SHIT CUZ YOUR A FAN

TNA 'The very best'
07-01-2011, 04:00 PM

I thought this was common Knowledge, Altho i as many hope that this does change things, i think most people deep down know it wont.

Automatic
07-01-2011, 04:04 PM

That may be true, but we don't spend money on the product, so why would they do such things? If I was in a business position I would focus my attention on the paying audience.

jordan1995
07-01-2011, 04:08 PM
worked shoot

CMRyder
07-01-2011, 04:18 PM
That may be true, but we don't spend money on the product, so why would they do such things? If I was in a business position I would focus my attention on the paying audience.

I know a lot of "IWC" people who order the PPVS rather than watch streams, who buy merchandise, and go to events quite often. So, some of us do spend money on the product. And I also think its not only for the IWC but for hardcore fans who have stuck with them even though they've kind of screwed them to a point where the hardcore fans almost give up on watching it, so they throw them a bone to just be safe.

Automatic
07-01-2011, 04:36 PM
I know a lot of "IWC" people who order the PPVS rather than watch streams, who buy merchandise, and go to events quite often. So, some of us do spend money on the product. And I also think its not only for the IWC but for hardcore fans who have stuck with them even though they've kind of screwed them to a point where the hardcore fans almost give up on watching it, so they throw them a bone to just be safe.

Offcourse there are some people who buy WWE stuff, but I highly doubt that they do a thing that is for 'hardcore' fans. Now they may do some stuff that caters to specific fans that for instance like technical wrestling, like what they did in the Rumble with Regal, Bryan and Punk. And with offcourse 2 internet darlings you have the internet exploding that they did that for us, but the internet fans make themselves much more important than that they really are. They just did that for fans who prefer technical wrestling. Just like how they did Sin Cara vs. Evan Bourne last Monday on Raw. To cater to the people who like cruiserweight wrestling. And it happens to be that some 'hardcore' fans happen to like that above other stuff. Who knows maybe the majority of the 'hardcore' fans like Cena overcoming the odds and beating every bad guy. Just because they aren't on the internet, or the sites you visit, doesn't mean that they don't exist.

the wrestling shade
07-01-2011, 04:44 PM
I dont know why you people are all confuced about this hhhhh I mean Sure it was WWE approved and Sure they have let CM PUNK basicly bury them and trash them/ show them for who they realy are and going back to the old topic that is: is it fake or real!?!??! I mean realy?!?! hai for me I thought about this as well but I like to look at it in onther bright way which is if they have let CM punk run his mouth about them like that and if this is the birth of a new level of segments and promos then why are we upset. One can only hope they would let onther talent speak like this and show them for who they realy are. Look at the heat it got when a heel wrestlers did it. cant imagine what would happen if a face wrestler do it. personaly iam enjoying this and it doesnt matter how much it would last but as long as its here then i will keep watching :D

ihearvoices
07-01-2011, 05:25 PM

I think we need to stop referring fans of WWE that are from the IWC as "hardcore fans" or "true fans" IMO fans are fans and if i had to choice who was more of a fan of WWE i would say kids only cause they believe in everything they see they are emotionally invested in those superstars. speaking for my self i could care less about 80% of the superstars, i dont care much for the storyline and when my guy wins or lose i get upset but i move on to me its no different the Basketball or Football i watch it every monday sometimes friday enjoy it and thats about it it will never effect my personal life the minute i turn it off or log out of this site I could care less about Wrestling. if a guy like cena loses or gets beat up all his fans that are little kids will actually cry over it and be upset and let it effect their day or even week. If that is not hardcore and a true fan i dont know what is so in my eyes if we going to say "hardcore fans" or "true fans" then its the little kids not us the IWC just being honest

Viper
07-01-2011, 06:25 PM
it takes more than one man to fix the disasters the company has done to itself therefore one worked shoot promo aint enough to convince me to purchase ppv dvds again.

Brewer 314
07-01-2011, 07:17 PM
WWE just made Punk go out there and say what the IWC wanted to hear.

Dream on.

As if the creative guys in suits are out to please a bunch of geeks behind keyboards.

xrxprtyx
07-01-2011, 07:26 PM
What made the Attitude era so great was their OMG moments, which happened so often. Eventually though, we became numb to all the things we'd seen happen, women going through tables, almost every conceivable weapon used, etc. WWE also ran out of ideas of how to shock us, and like they've been saying "where do we go from chainsaws?"

They don't need to lift their PG ban. They have to have their OMG moments. Hitting raw nerves. WWE embracing it's history and controversy. Allowing CM Punk to say what he said. Bring back up the screwjobs, bring back the lawsuits, everything that should strike a nerve that hasn't been addressed in so long. Everything we read on the internet here. Everything short of the WWE being fake, I would imagine.