PDA

View Full Version : What if... Just what if.

thetheme
07-01-2011, 12:28 PM
This is a crappy situation, but what if Christian win the World Heavyweight Championship at Money In The Bank, but the winner of the Smackdown MITB match cashes in on him making him a 2 time short champion? Many were PISSED the last time (I was volcanic style pissed off) when he only held it for days. Knowing the WWE, they will probably only let him hold it for minutes.

Thoughts?

helmsley
07-01-2011, 12:29 PM
it would be like a joke, but it would be good to continue to develop christian´s heel persona, i think it would be a good thing, plus that would mean that one day he will have a nice lenghty reign

SilverGhost
07-01-2011, 12:30 PM
That would be horrible and I would blame you for jinxing it :)

thetheme
07-01-2011, 12:39 PM
That would be horrible and I would blame you for jinxing it :)

LOL. Didn't mean it like that. Im just saying you know how the WWE is. He would win, we would be like HELL YEAH, then someones music would hit and we would be like WTF. Then 2 moves later we have a new world champion.

helmsley
07-01-2011, 12:40 PM
LOL. Didn't mean it like that. Im just saying you know how the WWE is. He would win, we would be like HELL YEAH, then someones music would hit and we would be like WTF. Then 2 moves later we have a new world champion.

or maybe someone DOES cash in, but fails do to some interruption, that would be awesome, the first mitb failure

Ruthless_Aggression
07-01-2011, 12:41 PM
If they did, this PPV will be the biggest "F*CK YOU, IWC" show ever. If they use that swerve on the Smackdown main event, then the RAW main event will have Cena beat CM Punk cleanly.

Yano88
07-01-2011, 12:59 PM
If they do it to develop Christian character and give him a longer reign after that then im ok with this idea.

If this serves only to make fan of a veteran like Christian then NO.

brooklynra
07-01-2011, 01:10 PM
Wow I was just thinking of this yesterday.considering how much Vince dislikes Christian I wuddnt be suprised if it happens just to screw with the iwc.I cud see Sheamus winning MITB n cashing it in after Orton takes out Christian for cheating to win his title

Nay_Than
07-01-2011, 01:37 PM
I would piss myself laughing. As much as i love Christian, i would laugh.

CMRyder
07-01-2011, 01:50 PM
It never made sense how someone could cash in the same night..They went through a "brutal" Ladder match themselves right? Non the less, I marked out last year when Kane did the same.

SmackdownhotelCEO
07-01-2011, 02:03 PM
I think it would be a shame on many levels. Mostly because the fans will know they can "cash in" on the idea that is now the norm to expect at the PPV making it more boring and predicatable.

SaberToothTigerz
07-01-2011, 02:25 PM
i just feel he is gonna win it this time.
dunno for how long he will keep it thought if he does.

TNA 'The very best'
07-01-2011, 03:34 PM
This is a crappy situation, but what if Christian win the World Heavyweight Championship at Money In The Bank, but the winner of the Smackdown MITB match cashes in on him making him a 2 time short champion? Many were PISSED the last time (I was volcanic style pissed off) when he only held it for days. Knowing the WWE, they will probably only let him hold it for minutes.

Thoughts?

As long as WWE dont give a crap about the championships like they use to, i think this would be a really good idea, it would really carry on Christians character

Bodom
07-01-2011, 03:38 PM
The internet would explode.

Yano88
07-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Just finished watcihng Smackdown...

Not wanting to spoiler anything to anyone nut I hate Theodore Long... and Christian fortify his heel/costantly-screwed persona.

This thing is starting to bore me...

AOF666
07-01-2011, 03:44 PM
That would suck and slap in the face to Christian. All that work for nothing.

TNA 'The very best'
07-01-2011, 03:44 PM
I really want to see Orton Vs Christian kick the PPV off, Christian get screwed again, Then Just before the SD MITB they cut to the back where someone is laid out, Maybe Kane, Then Christian enters the MITB wins, Later in the show, Orton is laid out in the back with Christian standing over him, Possible with a new bodyGuard (tomko??) then he drags out Orton to the ring hits a couple of moves and pins Orton., to win the title, leading to Christian saying he was sick of getting screwed and took matters into his own hands.

Y2Jryder
07-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Vince gonna screw the internet at MITB

Automatic
07-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Short term: probably a little pissed.
Long term: Great.

Rilla
07-01-2011, 04:12 PM
I would piss myself laughing. As much as i love Christian, i would laugh.

This, basically.

And I don't think Vince HATES Christian, from reports, it's more he doesn't see Christian as a Main Event type person.

miraistreak
07-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Yeah, 1-2 years ago, McMahon probably had no real interest in making Christian a permanent main event star. However, I don't think anyone foresaw the mass exodus (by retirement, injury, age, quitting, fired etc.) that occurred in the past 24 months of main event and mid-card veterans.

(In No order)
Shawn Michaels
Triple H
Undertaker
Chris Jericho
Batista
Edge
Jeff Hardy
Matt Hardy
MVP
Shelton Benjamin

All but the last 3 are former WWE/WH Champions, and the last 3 did get airtime.

Compared to the "Top Stars" who are left.

John Cena
Randy Orton
The Miz
Kane
CM Punk (for now)
Big Show
Jack Swagger
Alberto Del Rio
Christian
Dolph
Rey Mysterio
Mark Henry
R-Truth
Kofi

I'm making a pretty big stretch on some of them. Either Way, Christian got promoted by default.

the wrestling shade
07-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Well it depends, I mean I was also pissed when Christian lost the championship but think about what happend afterwards. I mean I dont know about you guys but the fued that happend after that lost was and is the best fued in the year of 2011 which is Randy Orton vs Christian and basicly it has become even more better when Christian turned Heel, so the way i see it there was a reason why Christian lost at the first time but this time well if there isnt a reason then you can be sure that WWE is simply burying Christian AND THAT IS NOT A GOOD THING!!

imswm
07-01-2011, 04:40 PM
If they do it to develop Christian character and give him a longer reign after that then im ok with this idea.

If this serves only to make fan of a veteran like Christian then NO.

Aren't they already fairly invested in setting up Mark Henry as the next challenger? Meaning all this talk of a longer Christian reign seems like more wishful thinking than probability, IMO. Mind you, I too like Christian as a heel and in this gimmick, and it seems like they're rushing things for no good reason since it's not like the Smackdown side has a lot of credible challenger types, particularly fresh ones.

thetheme
07-01-2011, 04:43 PM
The internet would explode.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This...

imswm
07-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Yeah, 1-2 years ago, McMahon probably had no real interest in making Christian a permanent main event star. .

In Power Slam, we ran a quote from a WWE insider condemning Christian just a few months ago. They have some pretty hard heads in Titan Towers once they make a decision about a guy, even if they're dead wrong. Wasn't Drew Mc supposed to be the big star of the future not all that long ago? And he's so nowhere now, you didn't even put him on your list of current top stars. That's not a knock, because I wouldn't either.