PDA

View Full Version : WCW-One Night Stand?

niafv1
08-13-2010, 08:11 AM
Now that the next ECW reunion is over, it got me wondering what would happen if there would be a WCW reunion. Feel free to post the match card that you would promote and in which arena etc.

westy
08-13-2010, 08:54 AM
It would have to be in Atlanta, and this would be a great idea. Just who to use is a thinker. But seeing they already have Hogan, Flair, Sting, Nash, Jarret then they have a pretty good roster already. Names to add could be Goldberg, DDP, Sid, Booker T, Steiners, Luger, Road warrior Animal, Buff Bagwell.

I like the idea of this.

Bodom
08-13-2010, 09:41 AM
WCW already has a One Night Stand. It's weekly and it's called Impact.

xAzureSkye
08-13-2010, 10:33 AM
WCW already has a One Night Stand. It's weekly and it's called Impact.

ha ha nice one! you're so right.. but still, a WCW One Night Stand would be good

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
08-13-2010, 10:40 AM
would be great as long as they didnt have the kind of guys they used fo invasion if like goldberg bookers stiener was there and a few others most are in tna now but would be great to see them all from wcw hey day

Tommy Thunder
08-13-2010, 08:30 PM
I would love to see this, all the names mentioned would be worth watching in one last PPV together!! but, there is no chance in hell that Luger would be able to wrestle, he's had a stroke recently and needs walking sticks to help him walk!!

Having said this, i think WWE are thinking about having a WCW themes hall of fame ceremony this year or in the next few years, so it will be interesting, if TNA make a WCW one night stand before this happens, would Vince put the guys in the hall of fame? even thugh all of them deserve to be?

JLeeDude1892
08-13-2010, 09:21 PM
The bad thing is, None of the names in TNA would risk going to the show. And if the names that are in TNA don't go to the show, I wouldn't watch the Reunion.

mwinfie
08-14-2010, 09:22 AM
The point of the ECW one night stand was most of those guys lost their jobs when ECW went under. It was such a radically different product, all of ECW was essentially represented in a single gimmic by the Dudleys: hardcore guys who didn't fit the mold of the normal looking wrestlers. WCW on the other hand, when it went under almost all its wrestlers went to WWE. And now, theyre in TNA. Very few are people we havn't seen in a long time, arguably the only big WCW names out of wrestling atm are Booker T and Goldberg (who wont wrestle again inless he's offered a million doller paycheck). People arn't gonna pay a full pay per view price to see alot of washed out vetrains they see every week anyway...and Booker T.

charlie
08-14-2010, 10:12 AM
it would be interesting too see you already have flair, hogan, bishoff, nash, sting, even aj was there for a couple of months.

my arena would be in alanta

road worrior animal vs scott steiner

nash vs sid vs vader in a powerbomb match
jeff jarrett vs ddp

cactus jack vs terry funk

and main event would be a 6 man tag team match

ric flair and sid and booker t vs hogan and goldberg and sting

special referee former world champion david arquette

it sounds a rubbish line up but its not.. i think it has great potential

JimmyLMT
08-14-2010, 02:53 PM
Interesting topic, here is how I would book the card. I am trying to be as realistic as possible considering what talent would be available this year.

Main Event: Macho Man Randy Savage vs. Ric Flair

Steiner Bros vs. Sting / Booker T

Kevin Nash vs. Goldberg

Konnan vs. Juvi Guerrera

Sid Vicious vs. Vader

Diamond Dallas Page vs. Road Warrior Animal

Scott Norton / Buff Bagwell vs. Shannon Moore / Jimmy Wang Yang

What do you'll think of my card?

niafv1
08-14-2010, 03:22 PM
I would like a one off show that some younger stars may benefit from by being in some of the matches. TNA seems like the only option at the moment who could do this. It would have to be in the Georgia Dome in Atlanta with these matches id like to see:

1:Billy Kidman, Gregory Helms, Daniels, AJ, Taijiri vs MCMG, Red, Homicide, Williams in a Cruserweight vs X-Division Challenge
2:Steiner Brothers vs Jeff Jarrett and Animal
3:DDP vs Booker T
4:Vader vs Matt Morgan
5:Dusty Rhodes vs Ron Simmons in a Steel Cage Match
6:Hardcore Match-Cactus Jack vs Terry Funk
7:LAX vs LWO(Juventude and Pscicosis)
8:Samoa Joe vs Goldberg
9:Kevin Nash vs Scott Hall
10:Mr.Anderson vs Roddy Piper
11:David Arquette vs Abyss in a Monsters Ball(kiding)
12:Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff vs Vince Russo and Ed Ferrera in a WhokilledWCW match
Video remembering all the past WCW guys from NWA to 2001
Main Event: Final Encounter- Sting(1990 facepaint) vs Ric Flair
I would really like to see one last match between Flair and Sting, as their match on the last Nitro was good, but not up to there usual quality.

nrb6304
08-14-2010, 04:10 PM
My personal WCW 1 Night Stand

1.) Scott Hall vs Macho Man
2.) Cruserweight Battle Royal (Rey Mysterio,Juvy,Ultimo,Dean,Chavo,Shane Helms,Shannon Moore,Jamie Knoble,Picosis,LA Park, Billy Kidman)
3.) Terry Funk vs Dusty Rhodes vs Cactus Jack
4.) Lance Storm vs Booker T vs Scott Stiener
6.)Chris Jericho vs Goldberg (The Match that never was that should've been)
7.) Eric Bischoff&Hulk Hogan vs Vince Russo&DDP
8.)Sting vs Ric Flair

And IMO it wouldn't be at the Georga Dome in Atlanta yes that is where WCW headquarters was but the majority of WCW PPV's were at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. So I would have my WCW 1 Night Stand there. OR is Charlotte North Carolina

Hotsauce2k360
08-16-2010, 02:03 PM
1. Dean Malenko vs. rey Mysterio vs. eddie guerrero vs. chavo vs. juventud guerrera vs. ultimo dragon - 6-way crusierweight elimination match
2. rick rude vs. mr. perfect
3. steiner brothers vs. harlem heat
4. terry funk vs. cactus jack - hardcore death match
5. goldberg & ddp & macho man vs. the outsiders & hogan
6. sting vs. flair

AGEOFFALL
08-18-2010, 08:36 PM
good idea but i think too much time has passed to put this into effect.

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-20-2010, 10:32 AM
I'm not a fan to be honest, most of the guys that would garner any real interest are old guys, and I don't mean 40something old, I mean 50 something old

The only guy I'd want to see is Goldberg, for me he is the last big draw out there that isn't tied down to the WWE

SilverGhost
08-21-2010, 01:42 AM
good idea but i think too much time has passed to put this into effect.

True. I like the thought of bringing back some WCW guys for a one night reunion but its late now. Some WCW guys are at retirement.

AGEOFFALL
08-21-2010, 03:48 AM
this should have happen like 4 or 5 years after wcw folded.

jwt15
08-23-2010, 05:21 PM
I dont see this happening now as TNA has alot of WCW wrestlers and TNA isn't going anywere any time soon soif they did the people they would have would be retired e WCW/TNA workers which it would not be too good