PDA

View Full Version : Christian does not work as a heel??

Yano88
06-29-2011, 04:47 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/748611-wwe-is-christian-as-a-heel-just-not-working-this-time

Read what this guy said in his blog...

Maybe he is a member of this site... Anyway all the credits go to him.

I find his blog very interesting...

The main question is: How can we hate an heel character like Christian when it's true that he was indeed screwed?

Sure, a guy complaining all the time is hateful... but Christian has every right to complain... How can we hate him and cheer for Orton?

The only thing that I disapprove about this blog is that Christian lost charisma: that's not true.

Like Christian in 2005 he is still damn good on the mic.
Just look at the promo he did at Raw when he managed to confuse both Miz and R-Truth....

Simply Christian is better as a heel... The only fact is that he must have the "right motivations"...

What are your thoughts?

MATTHEW
06-29-2011, 05:09 PM
He bores me

Christian is better off contending for the IC or USC.

S.E. Zero
06-29-2011, 05:11 PM
The main question is: How can we hate an heel character like Christian when it's true that he was indeed screwed?

Sure, a guy complaining all the time is hateful... but Christian has every right to complain...

What are your thoughts?

It's because that type of heel that isn't appreciated or needed these days. I can't just accept accept him being a whiny heel especially when it's led to this the 3rd and hopefully final match with Orton for the World Heavyweight Championship. Once is fine, twice is okay but 3 consecutive matches on three consecutives PPV's (Over the Limit, Capitol Punishment and now MITB) with them all (and this is me predicting Orton will win at MITB) the same result. I mean enough is enough. If he loses at MITB (which I believe he will) and continues to be granted these title matches just cause he whines and whines and whines that he got screwed as much as I agree he was indeed screwed its just not worth it seeing as a main event superstar in the WWE heel or not.

It's time to let the other ''pushed'' stars like Sheamus and ugh.......-shudders- Henry to face Orton just to give us the viewers something different to look for besides Christian/Orton every month on PPV.

Goldust22
06-29-2011, 05:13 PM
Well its like what they did with Bret Hart though he was a great Face and no one could see him being anything else until Stone Cold showed up. Although Brets character showed more face qualities and Stone Colds showed more heel quaities it worked mainly because of changing times in sports entertainment.

I have never seen Randy Orton as a face apart from when he rivaled with Evoultion because his character is more heel then face. Same goes with Christian since he rejoined WWE i see him more as a face but sometimes mixing it up like they do from time to time is good because its different. The role reversal for some feuds are more entertaining like this current rivalry.

MrzigglesFTW!
06-29-2011, 05:50 PM
Christian is rare.. He plays heel and face really well, I would love to see a christian heel title run before he gives wrestling up.. So to say christian doesnt work as a heel is insane.

Automatic
06-29-2011, 05:53 PM
He needs to do that one despicable thing, what makes people hate him.

CMRyder
06-29-2011, 05:58 PM
He bores me

Christian is better off contending for the IC or USC.

Randy Orton is the one that should be contending for the IC title. Christian belongs in the main event. Just so you know.

helmsley
06-29-2011, 05:59 PM
He needs to do that one despicable thing, what makes people hate him.

agree with you, he needs to do something so people can really hate him, just like r truth did

Y2J___Y2J
06-29-2011, 06:41 PM
If Christian is going to be a major legit heel and be truly hated then there are 2 things he could do:

Take out Orton.. Maybe injure him so he's kayfabe injured and out for a while
OR .... and my personal favorite option
COST CENA THE TITLE AT MITB.. it wouldn't really fit into current storylines but fuck it..

TNA 'The very best'
06-29-2011, 07:40 PM
It's because that type of heel that isn't appreciated or needed these days. I can't just accept accept him being a whiny heel especially when it's led to this the 3rd and hopefully final match with Orton for the World Heavyweight Championship. Once is fine, twice is okay but 3 consecutive matches on three consecutives PPV's (Over the Limit, Capitol Punishment and now MITB) with them all (and this is me predicting Orton will win at MITB) the same result. I mean enough is enough. If he loses at MITB (which I believe he will) and continues to be granted these title matches just cause he whines and whines and whines that he got screwed as much as I agree he was indeed screwed its just not worth it seeing as a main event superstar in the WWE heel or not.

It's time to let the other ''pushed'' stars like Sheamus and ugh.......-shudders- Henry to face Orton just to give us the viewers something different to look for besides Christian/Orton every month on PPV.

People Moan when feuds are too short and people moan when feuds last more 3 PPVs, when will this moaning end....?

ihearvoices
06-29-2011, 07:45 PM
People Moan when feuds are too short and people moan when feuds last more 3 PPVs, when will this moaning end....?

Never Ever!! This sit is full of people who just sit on the computer and bitch and moan and rip apart a company they so call "Fans" of.

FaceOfSpades
06-29-2011, 07:46 PM

You already know people will find something to complain about, even if they contradict themselves. As for christian, he needs a new theme for one. Just Close Your Eyes is a face song, and I love it but it has to go. His 2001 theme for example fit perfectly for a heel, even as generic rock mixed with opera. 2, christian needs to reach his breaking point. Grab his hair, open his little eyes as wide as they can get, and just snap. A low blow every now and then wouldn't hurt neither.

TNA 'The very best'
06-29-2011, 07:52 PM
Never Ever!! This sit is full of people who just sit on the computer and bitch and moan and rip apart a company they so call "Fans" of.

Very True

I agree withveryone saying he needs to freshen up a little bit, but this is how creative are doing it, so can people please stop saying he is a bad heel. if he had free run of his gimmick t would be awesome.

FaceOfSpades
06-29-2011, 07:55 PM

Is that you with austin? If yes you look uninterested. J/k, that's cool as shit. You should blow it up and put it in your living or bedroom.

Asherdelampyr
06-29-2011, 08:16 PM
The only issue I see with his heel turn is that he hasn't done anything really "heelish" yet, sure he popped Orton with his own belt a couple times, and told the fans he didn't like them anymore, but that's it, his heel turn in the invasion storyline resonated so well because he turned on, and ambushed his "brother" Edge (Yes I know they are not really brothers, but at the time WWE wanted us to believe that they were) Orton comes off as a face so well, at least in part because he is seen as the man who not only wants to win, but wants to hurt his opponents badly in the process, making him closer to "tweener" than "face". Add to that the fact that they (Orton and Christian) were never seen as close, and Christian cold-clocking Orton with his own title a few times loses some of the "heel" strength that such and act would normally have.

Now if he took out Teddy Long, for instance, that may put him on the right track, or give some other face a title shot at Orton, and have Christian take them out, possibly injuring them for a month or two, that may give Christian the heat he needs for this to be as successful as "Captain Charisma" At least then he will be doing something that it is harder to sympathize with.

S.E. Zero
06-29-2011, 08:52 PM

When the feuds dont become stale and is worth watching.

I dont mind this Orton/Christian feud but I would like to see a good change by mixing it up maybe have a no holds barred match or something, get personal and attack this feud like it should to make a true feud with back and forth wins throught out the course of the feud and not have the face (Orton) being the victor every single time.

A feud is only as good as the story told throughout its duration to make the matches that much more exciting and this story was great at first but now its not worth my time.

A perfect example is when Edge slapped Cena's dad during one of their many feuds. That made me want to see what Cena (who I liked at the time) was going to do to Edge when they finally went at it at the PPV.

I dont get that excitement in this or any feud in the last few months except the current Punk/Cena feud I actually want to see that match not Orton/Christian again.

But thats just me personally.

TNA 'The very best'
06-29-2011, 09:27 PM
When the feuds dont become stale and is worth watching.

I dont mind this Orton/Christian feud but I would like to see a good change by mixing it up maybe have a no holds barred match or something, get personal and attack this feud like it should to make a true feud with back and forth wins throught out the course of the feud and not have the face (Orton) being the victor every single time.

A feud is only as good as the story told throughout its duration to make the matches that much more exciting and this story was great at first but now its not worth my time.

A perfect example is when Edge slapped Cena's dad during one of their many feuds. That made me want to see what Cena (who I liked at the time) was going to do to Edge when they finally went at it at the PPV.

I dont get that excitement in this or any feud in the last few months except the current Punk/Cena feud I actually want to see that match not Orton/Christian again.

But thats just me personally.

I agree with this very much, its hard with the title to do this though, christian should get a title run and let Orton put over some of the newer stars IMO.

AOF666
06-29-2011, 09:32 PM
I have to agree I just don't see a heelish Christian. Orton acted more heelish than Christian. WWE made Christian the underdog and everyone wants the underdog to win. Only sheeps cheer for Orton

HCollins-TNA1
06-29-2011, 09:35 PM
It depends who he working with..... He's working with Orton who is probably one of the best heels with his Triple H feud and with Rated RKO a few years back...
I think right now he's boarder-line face/heel... he involved in a 3 way feud with Shameous and Orton....

Los Conquistador
06-29-2011, 09:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCVHpnixj88

Bodom
06-29-2011, 09:53 PM
It's f'n Bleacher Report. Not worth reading.

blink
06-30-2011, 01:46 AM

NEVER! Dont you love it! Lol. Im just happy Christian is finally a main eventer and headlining ppv's! You people talk like holding a title actually means anything anymore! Christian drops the belt in 2 days.... Cena yet again is hogging the title, probably till mania. The belt just doesn't mean as much as it used to. But te fact that Christian is in a headlining feud. The fact that he's the top heel on smackdown. And even in constant contention for the near worthless belt is some we Christian fans should be celebrating. Before he left for tna he was in mid card hell! Hell he was even on a pretty big losing streak on smackdown. Now he is constantly getting his arm raised (except against the very boring very stale orton) and is constantly center stage. I for one am happy for the guy

Yano88
06-30-2011, 02:19 AM
I want to clarify one thing:

It's true that I cheer for Christian right now but nothing that Christian could do could change my mind!

I'd still cheer for him even if he repeatedly kicks Orton in the balls or Killswitch Orton's wife in the middle of the ring :-D

Once a Peep, always a Peep!

Mikeyboy7777777
06-30-2011, 03:20 AM
well off topic my moaning seems to have helped usos are on tv weekly:D but about this feud it could last longer I like what I see in the matches just too bad that it's orton always coming on top I mean give christian a count out victory or something whatever:P I mean on weeklies so he can get the title on a ppv clean pin please

blink
06-30-2011, 03:23 AM
I want to clarify one thing:

It's true that I cheer for Christian right now but nothing that Christian could do could change my mind!

I'd still cheer for him even if he repeatedly kicks Orton in the balls or Killswitch Orton's wife in the middle of the ring :-D

Once a Peep, always a Peep!

Christian giving ortons wife the killswitch would garner some monster heat! They should most definitely do that!

Y2Jryder
06-30-2011, 06:23 AM
isn't he just a tweener?

maar13
06-30-2011, 01:15 PM
isn't he just a tweener?

I think so, the way he wrestles is not that of a Heel guy, his ways keep feeding from fans cheering, they keep facing him with heels some times like Sheamus and faces like Rey.

His ways more than anything seems justified, but back in the day Jericho had the same justified ways and in the end he became a full fledged heel, but he changed his ways in the ring completely, Christian has not.

xrxprtyx
07-01-2011, 08:53 PM
the only way christian works as a heel is by being geniunely annoying, wanting 25 title rematches. he brings nothing new to the table as a heel, nothing we haven't seen before, and nothing that puts the fear in anyone. he's not big, he's not scary, he's not ruthless with weapons, he's not intent on breaking bones.... it's horrible. what's worse is his entrance music is still the same, all about believing and whatnot. he was good as a heel back with edge as a tagteam, but even so, that was just because they were good at making fun of other people and feeding off of each other's energy. if christian is to become heel, he needs to be completely repackaged, imo.

Tommy Thunder
07-02-2011, 01:56 PM
To the guy who said "Christian bores me".

If Christian bores you, then Lord knows what Orton does to you!!

eboy
07-02-2011, 03:17 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/748611-wwe-is-christian-as-a-heel-just-not-working-this-time

Read what this guy said in his blog...

Maybe he is a member of this site... Anyway all the credits go to him.

I find his blog very interesting...

Sure, a guy complaining all the time is hateful... but Christian has every right to complain... How can we hate him and cheer for Orton?

The only thing that I disapprove about this blog is that Christian lost charisma: that's not true.

Like Christian in 2005 he is still damn good on the mic.
Just look at the promo he did at Raw when he managed to confuse both Miz and R-Truth....

Simply Christian is better as a heel... The only fact is that he must have the "right motivations"...

What are your thoughts?

true the Nature of Christians Turn were poor but his work as Heel is Golden

anyway the IWC will see like this but the Common Audience wont they will think Christian is bitter because he wasn't good enough so it will work on some levels