PDA

View Full Version : The New Golden Era in Pro-Wrestling Drawing Near

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
06-28-2011, 04:37 PM
For years, internet wrestling fans and fans-in-general have been looking for that one superstar that could usher in a new era in wrestling. My friends, after what happened last night, I can honestly say with the utmost pride that man is CM Punk. His promo last Monday Night Raw was just as synonymous as the Austin 3:16 promo. If WWE truly wants to capitalize on this and begin the first step into the new era, they should put the title on CM Punk and let him carry that damn thing until Survivor Series at the most.

Meanwhile, they should groom John Morrison, Christian, Alberto Del Rio, and Wade Barrett to become a top babyfaces and heels of the company and allow wrestlers like R-Truth, Zack Ryder, Ezekiel Jackson, Miz, Mysterio, Ziggler, Kingston, Rhodes, Dibiaise, Daniel Bryan, and McIntyre to run the midcards.

Let Henry continue to dominate and make his own way into the world championship picture. You can also use Evan Bourne and Sin Cara as highlights for a new cruiserweight division.

Let the Usos as well as Mahal and Khali run the tag team division. Let Gail Kim and Melina revitalize the diva's division with a feud and perhaps even put Eve & Kelly Kelly in a feud for the championship. Then by the time Kharma comes back, shit will definitely go down.

WWE has all the tools to usher in a new era. An era that could possibly be just as good as the attitude era. They just need to first of all let go of their obsession with Cena and Orton let start showcasing the rest of their divisions and talents more. The time to do it is now, IMO. The buzz over CM Punk's promo will only last for so long.

Thoughts?

Y2Jryder
06-28-2011, 05:07 PM
I think you're to optimistic..
They can make the era happen but WWE will screw it up..

Wrestling Rant
06-28-2011, 05:17 PM
You cant be serious about Ziggler, Kingston, R Truth, Mysterio and Bryan still staying at midcard level, surely. There fun as hell in a ring, have pure talent and deserve to be near the top.

Forget about Del Rio and Christian,the above guys are so much more talented.

--Wrestling Rant.

Krysys
06-28-2011, 05:23 PM
While I firmly agree with almost everything you had to say, but this is WWE, so I have my doubts.

cainecollin
06-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Also, if you are going to groom JoMo to be in the main event picture, you sure as hell better put Ziggler in the main event picture, not mid-card like you suggested. Ziggler trumps JoMo in every department. Rarely botches moves, has an amazing amount of charisma, and pretty damn good mic skills (when he get's to use the mic).

StevenT8481
06-28-2011, 05:26 PM
You know how the E LOVES to drop the ball on great opportunities.
This one is handed to them on a sliver platter.
We just all have to hope that they actually run with this in the right direction.

IMO the direction leads right to WM28 with Punk facing Austin.
Ah....a man can only dream...
(I know that has nothing to do with what's happening now, I just want to live in my own fantasy wrestling world for awhile.)

efrum
06-28-2011, 05:27 PM
You cant be serious about Ziggler, Kingston, R Truth, Mysterio and Bryan still staying at midcard level, surely. There fun as hell in a ring, have pure talent and deserve to be near the top.

--Wrestling Rant.

Very true. These guys deserve better than the mid card, although I like christian and del
rio as well.

I think what punks promo shows is that when they are given the airtime and the chance these guys are capable of a lot. Truths recent heel turn is a good example of this as well

I don't think that punks promo will usher in a new era of pro wrestling but it will certainly be remembered. It just goes to show that PG is not to blame for WWE's problems and that the art of storytelling is not dead and should not be underestimated.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
06-28-2011, 05:28 PM
I think you're to optimistic..
They can make the era happen but WWE will screw it up..

^THIS

Look at what happened with Nexus.

But I do agree with the OP that if a new era is to dawn, it'll be Punk that ushers it in. I just don't think that time is now.

Rilla
06-28-2011, 05:30 PM
Add Swagger in there too. He may not be a talker, but this man is a beast.

tad locust
06-28-2011, 05:33 PM
I loved Punk's promo but don't think it will be instrumental in a change in WWE programming.In my opinion with the exeption of a few,WWE simply dosen't have enough good ''superstars'' for there to be another golden age in the near future.

Necroyeti
06-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Cena wins.

The children go home happy.

Punk comes back as a midcarder in a few months.

http://i.imgur.com/qEBn5.gif

U MAD SMARX?

Madness
06-28-2011, 05:38 PM

--Wrestling Rant.

R-Truth is already almost fourty......too old for the WWE to put the title on, especially being his first run, Mysterio doesnt need the title, he is already a legend therefore he should help out the mid-card.... Del Rio is a hell of a talker....and in the ring he can go, WWE limits his moves, I do think guys like Del Rio, Barrett, Sheamus, The Miz, Alex Riley and even John Morrison can be the face of the company, but right now the main event scene is crowded with guys like Cena and Orton who are comparable in age to the others mentioned above.....the only guy I really can see being the start of something totally knew is someone like CM Punk, he reinvents himself character-wise and on the mic he is simply outstanding, he is the Austin of this generation, they just need to let him run with it now.

Rilla
06-28-2011, 05:43 PM
Mysterio doesnt need the title, he is already a legend therefore he should help out the mid-card...

This. Rey did wonders for Cody and helped put over Del's CAB.

Let him work with Drew and Swagger, and they'll be ready for bigger pushes.

ut11smithcor
06-28-2011, 07:31 PM
The first sentence of this post explains why this idea is nothing but an illusion.

helmsley
06-28-2011, 08:32 PM
it could be very good, but i dont see this happening, but i DO think that a very good storyline and feud will take place and punk has already signed a new contract without a doubt

TroyD
06-28-2011, 09:03 PM
it could be very good, but i dont see this happening, but i DO think that a very good storyline and feud will take place and punk has already signed a new contract without a doubt

Yeah I agree....I dont think they push him this hard unless he is signed. Or let him talk like that for that matter. It was a classic moment.

Snair
06-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Great idea but highly unlikely to happen.

clrj3514
06-28-2011, 09:29 PM
What made Austin 3:16 wasn't the actual happening but how the fans reacted to it & where Vince let it go afterwards. The fans are obviously behind it but we have to see where Vince goes with it before we can compare it to Austin 3:16.

clrj3514
06-28-2011, 09:30 PM
We just all have to hope that they actually run with this in the right direction.

IMO the direction leads right to WM28 with Punk facing Austin.
Ah....a man can only dream...
(I know that has nothing to do with what's happening now, I just want to live in my own fantasy wrestling world for awhile.)

Me too my friend, me too.

ihearvoices
06-28-2011, 10:08 PM
People Reading too much into 1 promo IMO

sincara
06-29-2011, 02:47 AM
and allow wrestlers like R-Truth, Zack Ryder, Ezekiel Jackson, Miz, Mysterio, Ziggler, Kingston, Rhodes, Dibiaise, Daniel Bryan, and McIntyre to run the midcards.

Let Henry continue to dominate and make his own way into the world championship picture. You can also use Evan Bourne and Sin Cara as highlights for a new cruiserweight division.

Let Gail Kim and Melina revitalize the diva's division Thoughts?

that mid card should be maineventers in a few years
but i agree about your cruiser weight idea

henry as champ is laughable imo
kim and melina are in a feud atm on superstars

Marx
06-29-2011, 03:45 AM
I can't say it has nothing to do with CM Punk, cause he's an exceptional talent. But it's not CM Punk per se.

Wrestling thrives on real emotions, and everyone sees that whilst Punk is of course doing a planned work, there's such a real element, and great storytelling/psychology in it. It's that damned good, because every 25 year old diehard fan has been wanking on the promo for days now, whilst the Cenation-kids truly think Punk is an complete ass and Cena has to beat him.

It's such a shock, because WWE is such a hierarchal company that they eliminated the surprise element. Shows are pre-planned to the point that no-one has the 'didn't see that one coming'-feel anymore. Most of the WWE Superstars do as they are told, though they bitch and moan behind the scenes and when they are future endevoured.

If another era will begin, they'll have to get their edge back. More creative freedom AND more will to use it (because it's not just WWE, it's the wrestlers as well) for the wrestlers is the key to revival.

CM Punk will be the best at it, if that happens. But if he leaves it will be a big blow, but not the end of the world - if the change happens and other guys get the chance to show what they got.

imswm
06-29-2011, 03:46 PM

I really really don't want to be such a wet blanket over the Punk ANGLE, but wasn't there pretty much this same big buzz in the air when Nexus did their big takeover, i.e. the last one "handed to them on a silver platter"? I think we all know where that went.

CMRyder
06-29-2011, 11:13 PM
I really really don't want to be such a wet blanket over the Punk ANGLE, but wasn't there pretty much this same big buzz in the air when Nexus did their big takeover, i.e. the last one "handed to them on a silver platter"? I think we all know where that went.

I hear you. Hopefully they don't completely ruin this like they did with the Nexus.

Mr. McMahon
06-30-2011, 01:49 PM
lol quit getting your hopes up. Someone always creates a thread like this each year. They said the same thing last year when Nexus made thier debut, but as always WWE disappoints us.

2009 same thing when Guest Hosts were introduced

2008 when legacy was formed

2007 with the McMahon storylines throughout the year

2006 with ECW coming back

2005 when it really happened, Cena/Batista became the biggest stars of the company