PDA

View Full Version : The Punk/Cena Feud

bigevil1987
06-28-2011, 01:20 AM
so as we all already know that epic cm punk promo was scripted so taking into consideration next weeks raw how does everyone see this feud going cuz so far in very impressed with this storyline

Enforcer23
06-28-2011, 01:53 AM
it can go to the moon..or just be another normal fued

Viper
06-28-2011, 01:58 AM
i hope alberto del rio's shot at the wwe championship is still intact .... i'd love to see him and cm punk have a triple threat match at MITB with Cena except that one of the two heels walk out the PPV as champion!

bigevil1987
06-28-2011, 02:04 AM
that would be kool im kinda hoping punk ''takes the title'' and they go back to having one heavyweight title for both brands

Brewer 314
06-28-2011, 02:05 AM
Cena's gonna be "fired" and they'll evolve his character and he'll feud with Vince. (nice guys finish last storyline)

bigevil1987
06-28-2011, 02:09 AM
they just did the ''cena fired'' routine with the old nexus tho

Brewer 314
06-28-2011, 02:13 AM
they just did the ''cena fired'' routine with the old nexus tho

Shit, your right. I'm guessing their going to do it again? If they don't put the belt on Punk then this whole thing ends up going down as a giant fail.

ihearvoices
06-28-2011, 02:17 AM
Shit, your right. I'm guessing their going to do it again? If they don't put the belt on Punk then this whole thing ends up going down as a giant fail.

Your very closed minded as alot of people on this site are...So if punk lose then this fued was for nothing? No u still got to see some good promos and a good match hopefully and you dont even know what is the big picture this storyline could be bigger than just MITB

bigevil1987
06-28-2011, 02:18 AM
yea unfortunately thas what wwe creative is good at dropping the ball

LMPunker
06-28-2011, 02:24 AM
it wont be a fail because in every title match in history both guys have said im gonna win this just has the 3rd diemention of punk leaving to so it wont be a fail if punk loses im just gonna sit back and see where it goes although this makes me frustrated with wwe because they have had cm punk on tv for nearly 6 years and now that hes on his out they say oh here punk have some spotlight go out and do and say what you want and its the best thing ive seen from a guy who wasnt around in the attitude era

Fatality
06-28-2011, 02:27 AM
This storyline is amazing, im surprised WWE allowed punk to say what he wanted to....I'm looking forward to this, it can go any direction.

bigevil1987
06-28-2011, 02:29 AM
it wont be a fail because in every title match in history both guys have said im gonna win this just has the 3rd diemention of punk leaving to so it wont be a fail if punk loses im just gonna sit back and see where it goes although this makes me frustrated with wwe because they have had cm punk on tv for nearly 6 years and now that hes on his out they say oh here punk have some spotlight go out and do and say what you want and its the best thing ive seen from a guy who wasnt around in the attitude era

i agree strongly and about a month ago when we first heard about punk being unhappy i swore that if punk got mvp'd id quit watching, shit ill join in batistas boycott :-)

ihearvoices
06-28-2011, 02:30 AM

How could u say that? u guys make it sound like CM punk never held any major title in the company this guy as been push better then most guys in his time matter. It just people are noticing him more since he came back as heel

Brewer 314
06-28-2011, 02:31 AM
Your very closed minded as alot of people on this site are...So if punk lose then this fued was for nothing? No u still got to see some good promos and a good match hopefully and you dont even know what is the big picture this storyline could be bigger than just MITB

No, I mean in a sense that what did this do for John Cena. I'm not a big detractor of Cena's and I'm not overly into CM Punk, my point is that it'll be a fail in the sense that nothing will have progressed.

sivart
06-28-2011, 02:39 AM
it can go in many ways . all we can hope for wwe doesn't drop the ball on a very good moment in the last 10 years.

LMPunker
06-28-2011, 02:39 AM
How could u say that? u guys make it sound like CM punk never held any major title in the company this guy as been push better then most guys in his time matter. It just people are noticing him more since he came back as heel

all i meant was some guys like rock austins,shawn michaels and chris jericho know how to make there story lines and promos epic better then the wwe writers and it seems to me punks had a big say in this so far and its the best thing we've seen on raw in some time and it came out of left field i never said punk hasnt been successful or had a better push then most just for most of his time in wwe theres been on a lid on what he can do and how good he can be and now that lid is off

bigevil1987
06-28-2011, 02:40 AM

even during his couple title runs he wasn't pushed well like his matches with taker those matches should have been awesome but were mediocre at best and after his title runs the best feud they gave him was against randy and i don't think he even won a match in that whole feud lately he has been cursed with failed factions

Brewer 314
06-28-2011, 02:43 AM
All I know is that eventually they (WWE) will need to reboot Cena, what better time than now.

sivart
06-28-2011, 02:44 AM
He went 0-3 on all the ppv matches they had.

bigevil1987
06-28-2011, 02:47 AM
All I know is that eventually they (WWE) will need to reboot Cena, what better time than now.

interesting word choice they should reboot the prototype lol make him a heel

sivart
06-28-2011, 02:49 AM

if only they would. lol

Brewer 314
06-28-2011, 02:50 AM

;-)

As long as he stops wearing jorts I'll be happy.

sivart
06-28-2011, 02:51 AM
;-)

As long as he stops wearing jorts I'll be happy.

you have a problem with shorts?

bigevil1987
06-28-2011, 02:52 AM
all i know is seeing how this new feud goes at mitb will determine a lot about how well they will utilize punk

bigevil1987
06-28-2011, 02:53 AM
yea his jean shorts lmao

Brewer 314
06-28-2011, 02:54 AM
you have a problem with shorts?

Shorts no, shorts that are denim yeah, you betcha.

sivart
06-28-2011, 02:56 AM
Shorts no, shorts that are denim yeah, you betcha.

Un huh well get over it. Its not as bad as what other have worn.

jrsckilla23
06-28-2011, 02:56 AM
ok bigevil1987 must because Cm punk talked shit about The Rock don't mean you have to put a picture of brokeback mountain don't forget The Rock gave us great promos, great wrestling matches and great entertainment something Hogan and Cena can't do combined. I like what Cm Punk said about the McMahons/Helmsley, Hogan, Cena, mentioning Paul Heyman, Brock Lesnar, NJPW and ROH because it's true. Why didn't Cm Punk mention Shawn Michaels in that Kiss McMahons Ass cuz he knows was up but i gotta say best Shoot I've heard Since Paul Heyman shoot Vince.

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww211/jrsckilla23/Cena-Orton-gay.jpg

NOW THIS IS BROKEBACK WRESTLERS = FAGNATION & BORTON FANS LOL!!! AWWW DON'T CRY JUST GET GLAAD LOL!!

sivart
06-28-2011, 02:59 AM
ok bigevil1987 must because Cm punk talked shit about The Rock don't mean you have to put a picture of brokeback mountain don't forget The Rock gave us great promos, great wrestling matches and great entertainment something Hogan and Cena can't do combined. I like what Cm Punk said about the McMahons/Helmsley, Hogan, Cena, mentioning Paul Heyman, Brock Lesnar, NJPW and ROH because it's true. Why didn't Cm Punk mention Shawn Michaels in that Kiss McMahons Ass cuz he knows was up but i gotta say best Shoot I've heard Since Paul Heyman shoot Vince.

NOW THIS IS BROKEBACK WRESTLERS = FAGNATION & BORTON FANS LOL!!! AWWW DON'T CRY JUST GET GLAAD LOL!!

Okay the pic is fun as hell. Did you ever watch hogan vs. rock at WM that was a bad rock match even if it wasn't the rocks fault.

bigevil1987
06-28-2011, 03:00 AM

in my defense i made that when cena and the rock were doing their banter before wrestlemania when cena made the brokeback joke lol

jrsckilla23
06-28-2011, 03:06 AM
yeah i know man i was just messing with you, you can't put whatever you want cuz that's how you feel about the rock and the pic i put that's how i feel the WWE is right now LOL!!!

bigevil1987
06-28-2011, 03:07 AM
yeah i know man i was just messing with you, you can't put whatever you want cuz that's how you feel about the rock and the pic i put that's how i feel the WWE is right now LOL!!!

oh yea disturbingly funny lol

bigevil1987
06-28-2011, 03:11 AM
ill still be pissed if cm punk gets the short end of this feud

sivart
remeber if punk gets cena "fired" they can talk there bs on twitter. yay

jrsckilla23
Yeah i saw that match and i know what you mean must because they were the two biggest faces facing each other everyone try to make it epic but still I will be cheering for The Rock at Wrestlemania 28.

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww211/jrsckilla23/borton.jpg

IT'S MORE LIKE I'LL GO TO McMAHON TO BURY YOU CUZ I'M THE NEXT SUPERMAN

sivart
06-28-2011, 03:16 AM
Yeah i saw that match and i know what you mean must because they were the two biggest faces facing each other everyone try to make it epic but still I will be cheering for The Rock at Wrestlemania 28.

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww211/jrsckilla23/borton.jpg

IT'S MORE LIKE I'LL GO TO McMAHON TO BURY YOU CUZ I'M THE NEXT SUPERMAN

yeah me too but thats cause with rock its not 5 moves of doom and its over

jrsckilla23
06-28-2011, 03:19 AM

true that true that

bigevil1987
06-28-2011, 03:23 AM

travis ur breaking topic buttmunch

sivart
06-28-2011, 03:31 AM

my bad. punk at WM28?

bigevil1987
06-28-2011, 03:32 AM
my bad. punk at WM28?

i can only pray lol

Regal>Cena
06-28-2011, 03:36 AM
I would think that this could all be leading up to Vince hiring CM Punk and the Nexus after it turns out McMahon was the RAW GM all along, then "firing" Cena. If you want to solidify Punk as a legitimate heel then having him sell out to Vince establishes credibility for him and the Nexus and even if it is a storyline thats been used before, it is a while since it has been done well.

After that promo, I just can't believe that he is actually going and this isn't a giant work. But, I have to give kudos to WWE - their main event storylines of late have made for much more interesting viewing, even if they still include Cena.

sivart
06-28-2011, 03:39 AM
I would think that this could all be leading up to Vince hiring CM Punk and the Nexus after it turns out McMahon was the RAW GM all along, then "firing" Cena. If you want to solidify Punk as a legitimate heel then having him sell out to Vince establishes credibility for him and the Nexus and even if it is a storyline thats been used before, it is a while since it has been done well.

After that promo, I just can't believe that he is actually going and this isn't a giant work. But, I have to give kudos to WWE - their main event storylines of late have made for much more interesting viewing, even if they still include Cena.

^^^^ this is so ture

jrsckilla23
06-28-2011, 03:40 AM

Alright Bigevil my bad but here's something i would like to see at Wrestlemania 28

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww211/jrsckilla23/CmpunkAustin.jpg

sivart
06-28-2011, 03:43 AM
Alright Bigevil my bad but here's something i would like to see at Wrestlemania 28

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww211/jrsckilla23/CmpunkAustin.jpg

Were friends. We all want to see this.

Dude573
06-28-2011, 04:01 AM
that would be kool im kinda hoping punk ''takes the title'' and they go back to having one heavyweight title for both brands

That would kinda lead to a massive Orton vs Cena event though :/.All the younger guys would be pushed to the side.

Juvenile Junkie
06-28-2011, 04:32 AM
Punk could win the title @ the PPV only for the mITB winner to Cash in straight away,Del Rio or R-Truth perhaps?

K-Jammin
06-28-2011, 07:29 AM

If this turns out to be true i will track you down and kiss you!

el gabo
06-28-2011, 07:38 AM
Not sure if someone mentioned it but, the Stone Cold t-shirt he had one gave the promo another awesome touch. This promo was right in so many ways.

ELNIOJR
06-28-2011, 09:59 AM
Breaking News: He Got the Mic Again, Last Night!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtlzMgdFwSM

AOF666
06-28-2011, 10:08 AM
It will be another Montreal Screw job or MIIB winner will cash it in and beat Punk like it happen in ECW with the Dudleys

sincara
06-28-2011, 11:36 AM
cena on a losing streak and then supercena comes and beats punk

sincara
06-28-2011, 12:05 PM
why6 do you think punk was wearing a scsa t shirt

miraistreak
06-28-2011, 12:07 PM
I was going to copy and paste my previous response, but I'll just link it. :D

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?7342-What-do-you-think-CM-Punk-was-trying-to-say-right-before-he-got-cut/page3

sincara
06-28-2011, 12:13 PM
i also think that this is out of respect

off topic this is my post numbered 619

Wedge_00
06-28-2011, 12:14 PM
I don't think CM Punk will leave... But I think he might go on break shortly, kinda like working with Jericho.. Time off here and there but really there isn't much for him to go too. I think he must of sat down with VKM for a nice long chat, it's funny with all of the orton and other heel's kinda chasing- I'm pretty sure Punk is going to be the pinacle heel for this wrestling generation easily..

I would love to see an ECW style crowd at MITB ripping Cena apart like ONS.. I think for it's amazingly brave for VKM, and the crew to let Punk do his thing. Compared to most shoots, Punks seems to be most loose and painful ever though- Heymann's was good (a little to melodramatic, the entire kids hate your guts angle was a little naf, especially when he was shooting on worked materials like the affairs..) Styles was good but it also relied upon works..

Punks was brutal- Steph and HHH being shite, sell-outs, people who are kiss arses (going after Rock was gold..) I think a lot of it was kinda cathartic for him to rip on, all of it seems to huge elements of truth to them.. But it's simple- let Punk win it.. He deserves, and you establish him as a new tier contender (also set's him up as a possible anti-hero character like Stone Cold)

Also heaps of people have probably pointed this out so far but Heymaan during his shoot wore a SCSA hat, Punk wore a SCSA shirt- "I'm a Heyman guy"- all of this stuff is hardly subtle but they are positioning him though.. He'll be a better grey character then Orton would ever be.. All I hope is that this brings huge amounts of attention to WWE, so that way they push Punk to even more extreme's to keep people wondering.. RANT OVER!! GO PUNK!!

miraistreak
06-28-2011, 12:22 PM
Booyaka! Booyaka!

miraistreak
06-28-2011, 12:29 PM
Not sure what I would love better, CM Punk vs SCSA, or CM Punk with SCSA as his manager.

Wedge_00
06-28-2011, 12:30 PM
I was going to copy and paste my previous response, but I'll just link it. :D

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?7342-What-do-you-think-CM-Punk-was-trying-to-say-right-before-he-got-cut/page3

All good points on the link... I think there are quite a few similarities between the characters of SCSA and Punk- I believe they are building a new anti-hero character out of him in a similar ilk to SCSA.. Firstly it aligns him with characters that are fiercely independent and don't conform but still show that these (character types) have a sense of pride (not like the crappy cenation mentality of hussle, loyalty, respect..This allows for him to become a face again if needed way down the track) One interesting thing to consider was the recent reports of Cena being a little battle worn lately- maybe they will write cena out for a little bit for a short break like a few weeks or something maybe? The worst part is that Punk's character won't keep shooting though, unless he shoots on R-Truth that would be great! The best part was when he said he was the best, it was all true !!!

Automatic
06-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Because that moment was Punk's 3:16 moment.

johnnydropkicks
06-28-2011, 12:42 PM
Because that moment was Punk's 3:16 moment.

I was thinking the same thing.

Necroyeti
06-28-2011, 12:44 PM
Why not?
y'all are overthinking an incredibly minor detail

Wedge_00
06-28-2011, 12:45 PM
Why get them to go head to head- they could come together as such a strong faction...
SCSA, Punk, Jericho, there is probably a few other indy cats who could join that kinda faction, even get botch-tista back in the fold and fuck that nexus/corre soft bullshit faction... And have a faction that wants to just flip off everyone again, VKM and the entire 'universe' properly.. But that would never happen.. I like this idea, that when any of these guys say they are the best- they surely are, without a doubt.. I just hope Cena looks awful in the match in MITB (well I hope it's a contender for match of the year but I would love to just have a public mockery of Cena's lack of actual wrestling skills..)

I would love CM Punk to shoot on R-Truth- "What the fuck are you doing- this crazy bullshit... It just plain sucks, you should team up (insert a huge list)..

StevenT8481
06-28-2011, 12:57 PM
ive been reading all the internet stuff alllllllllllll day and honestly, i'm yet to see a Punk hater.
i LOVE it.
he already had a huge following with the IWC...
but now...they might as well change the name from the IWC to "the CM Punk Internet Community" CMPIC! :)

sincara
06-28-2011, 01:16 PM
Why not?

i see what you did there with the colour

sincara
06-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Booyaka! Booyaka!

my moment is gone now
now im on 622 posts

SilverGhost
06-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Why not?

He is CM Punk. Don't have to question his motives.....only be ready to mark out for his stuff on TV.

Heywood Jablome
06-28-2011, 01:24 PM
why6 do you think punk was wearing a scsa t shirt

um I can answer that. Its because of SCSA's promo on ECW. Watch below It was C.M Punks breakout promo, just like SCSA's was. C.M Punk was making a statement wearing that shirt i.e smart fans would understand the meaning behind it. Punk is smarter than the average bear and hopefully the WWE is smart enough not to let him go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV38FRJ6Gas

it should be noted nothing goes on TV without Vince McMahon's blessing. When the talent is so good that he fools you thinking its real, well that just goes to show you how great C.M Punk really is.

Lamar8902
06-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Because it brings the Stone Cold persona out of people and that's the bottom line cause stone cold punk said so

helmsley
06-28-2011, 01:52 PM
i think that he wore it out of respect or to increase the rivalry he has with him on twitter haha

Sypheres
06-28-2011, 03:27 PM
The Punk angle was indeed epic, but you know what was more epic?

Cena sold for 5 whole minutes during the angle!

Now thats EPIC!

123mlewis
06-28-2011, 03:41 PM
I have a feeling it has somthing to do with him pissing of vince :)

Enforcer23
06-28-2011, 03:42 PM
man i gotta say i didint notice till he grabed the mic and i saw the writing on the back i was just like yeah another punk diffrent moment...but we all know cm punk has mean respect for scsa...type in google cm punk and scsa togeather and u will see a pic from when punk was a teen just saying

Yano88
06-28-2011, 04:08 PM
Does anyone here really thinks that Cm Punk promo was real??

C'mon people... Every single word of Punk was scripted and approved by Vince McMahon, flesh and blood...

If they didn't want him to talk they would have cut the trasmission way before...

Also there is a thing called contract... you cannot go out in a WWE ring and say whatever you like...

If you do you'll get sued for everything you have....

If you want to thank anybody thank Vince K McMahon...

commiepunk
06-28-2011, 04:19 PM
Well, yes. Blatantly. But, since everyone knows that wrestling is a work anyway, getting an angle, promo or storyline so right that people have to stop and ask "was that for real?" is pretty much the gold standard so far as creative success is concerned.

Having said that, it seems to me that CM Punk probably had a fair amount of input and/or creative freedom in his promo. The key to success is wrestling is (usually) keeping things pretty close to reality - just cranking them up a bit. My take on it was that his promo was based on (an exaggeration of) his real frustrations withing the company, just as his character is an exaggerated, larger-than-life version of himself.

Credit to CM Punk for delivering it so well, and so convincingly. Credit to VKM and his underlings for allowing and (presumably) planning the angle.

Enforcer23
06-28-2011, 04:25 PM
well cmpunk is god and VKM doesint get the credit he deserves in this he made all this come to life

Yano88
06-28-2011, 04:34 PM
don't misunderstand my words:

CM Punk maybe cut the best promo in the last decade but let's make a thing clear...

He said nothing more that it was not originally planned... no one can shoot like that on liveTV...

It's called being a pro.
Nonetheless CM Punk proved himself once again to be the best on the mic...

Im really gonna miss him :-(

Y2Jryder
06-28-2011, 04:40 PM
Do you think the promo was still good if Kofi or JoMo said that?

It's all about the mic skills
CM Punk and VKM are gold

PG sucks

blink
06-28-2011, 04:43 PM
don't misunderstand my words:

CM Punk maybe cut the best promo in the last decade but let's make a thing clear...

He said nothing more that it was not originally planned... no one can shoot like that on liveTV...

It's called being a pro.
Nonetheless CM Punk proved himself once again to be the best on the mic...

Im really gonna miss him :-(

Cm punk isn't going anywhere. There's no way they'd push him or make him look this good if he was on his way out

Rich Cranium
06-28-2011, 04:48 PM
There are not many people that can go out there and deliver a promo that effectively. CM Punk was the perfect choice to do this! I would love to see Jericho come back and go back and forth with Punk!

StevenT8481
06-28-2011, 04:58 PM
Do you think the promo was still good if Kofi or JoMo said that?

It's all about the mic skills
CM Punk and VKM are gold

PG sucks

this guy has it right.
yeah, it was all a Work....but the fact that he made it believable is what makes it stand out.
if morrisons no mic skills a$$ got up there and said the same thing, it wouldnt have worked.
the only ones IMO that could have made that promo work (that are still wrestling) are....Punk and possibly Miz.

Krysys
06-28-2011, 04:58 PM
I can't think of a single guy on the roster who could have made it that believable, other than punk. In my eyes he is GOD

Rich Cranium
06-28-2011, 05:00 PM
I can't think of a single guy on the roster who could have made it that believable, other than punk. In my eyes he is GOD

"On the roster" is correct. Off the roster, maybe Jericho?

Krysys
06-28-2011, 05:05 PM
"On the roster" is correct. Off the roster, maybe Jericho?

Yea, agreed.

blackout version 1
06-28-2011, 05:11 PM
I have a feeling it has somthing to do with him pissing of vince :)

Agreed ! Plus he is like the pg eras version of scas great promo it gives hope that if he does leave he will be back :)

IPOOPINTHEBATH
06-28-2011, 05:12 PM
**SPOILERS CONTAINED IN SECOND HALF OF PARAGRAPH**

I sincerely doubt every word was from Vince. I doubt a single one was. I think they legit cut him off though. I think they told him to shoot, and he took his opportunity and shot hard and they weren't expecting that much. Read next week's spoilers, Raw is a total clusterfuck and Punk isn't on. They probably sent him home and couldn't get him back for the taping when Vince changed his mind about the suspension. Why else hold a number one contender's match, just to reinstate him, and not bring up the "new" number one contender at all? They were scrambling.

**END SPOILERS**

K-Jammin
06-28-2011, 05:18 PM

Now thats EPIC!

Holy shit your right!

CobraNightviper
06-28-2011, 05:22 PM
It was obviously a work but it was a good work leading into the ppv which I think one of two things will happen 1#Punk will win the title and they will do a title hostage storyline which knowing Punk it will be entertaining or 2#he will lose and go out in a ridiculous manner and knowing the wwe they will embarrass him in some way after the loss to Cena.

Russo swerve
06-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Cm punk isn't going anywhere. There's no way they'd push him or make him look this good if he was on his way out

My thoughts exactly it would b dumb to give him a push if hes leaving

SilverGhost
06-28-2011, 05:58 PM
My thoughts exactly it would b dumb to give him a push if hes leaving

Yeah Vince Russo only does stupid crap.

thejman93
06-28-2011, 06:00 PM
Yeah Vince Russo only does stupid crap.

SG FTW!

I loled hard....

spidercentz
06-28-2011, 06:22 PM

Now thats EPIC!

I agree, Cena Rocks!