PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling faction's

BevinBoyz
09-29-2010, 12:26 PM
my friends and i argue about who the best factions in WWE/TNA are/were. My favorite was always the nWo. what are your thoughts? who's ur favorite, who do u think is the best?

JimmytheBlack
09-29-2010, 12:59 PM
The most dominant will always be the NWO. There has never been, and I hope there will never be, a stable with the power to destroy a company.

AngrySamoan
09-29-2010, 02:38 PM
Factions not Faction's. And yes the NWO was horrendous. Always for themselves, never putting anyone else over in matches.

maddogg336
09-29-2010, 03:03 PM
Of course its the NWO but second would have to be M.E.M i wish they would have done it in wwe with jerico the leader and cmpunk edge orton and hhh man that would have been the shit

JimmytheBlack
09-29-2010, 04:15 PM
I like Fortune too. They just have too many people. Keep the Stable down to four wrestlers that actually represent the group. Kaz(finally has some exoposure), Beer Money(embodyment of the 4 Horsemen), and AJ Styles(he has the golden ticket from Flair). Kick out Morgan, I don't like a single thing about him, he's a bum. Douglas Williams should be reduced to a hang around. Simply so you they work a better angle between Fortune and Leathal. I have another post that goes more into that.

merhardt03
09-29-2010, 06:09 PM
The Ministry of Darkness. Accept the lord of darkness as your saviour. That was cool IMO. I grew up goth and that faction was the best thing since sliced bread when I was a teen lol. Totally glad Bearer is back lol.

marc
09-29-2010, 06:10 PM
As someone who has been a fan of wrestling since the late 1970's, I will have to go with the original Four Horsemen. I mean look at it like this:

The Mouthpiece: J. J. Dillon. One of the greatest talkers of his time.
The leader: Ric Flair. One of a very few wrestlers, of ANY time who can make an audience love and hate him in a matter of minutes. This guy's skill as a crowd, motivator is, in my never to be humble opinion. unparalelled.
The technician: Tully Blanchard. There are very few wrestlers, now or then, who could match him for pute wrestling knowledge and ability. Two men who may have been nearly as good are Dean Malenko and Chris Benoit, and I will submit that it is bo coincidence that they really took off when they joined the Horsemen in later incarnations.
The muscle: Ole and Arn Anderson...The Brainbusters. Need I say more. I mean, there has never been a stable with more world titles. Or more pure wrestling ability, in all aspects of the game.

JimmytheBlack
09-29-2010, 06:50 PM
Two men who may have been nearly as good are Dean Malenko and Chris Benoit, and I will submit that it is bo coincidence that they really took off when they joined the Horsemen in later incarnations.

No question that the horsemen made them. They were a house hold name. It only further cemented their legecy lasting as long as they did against the NWO

el gabo
09-29-2010, 07:31 PM
Evolution had a pretty cool concept of past, present and future. I really liked DX though they weren't the BEST wrestlers.

el gabo
09-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Wrestling wise: the Radicalz (the name sucked) Guerrero, Saturn, Malenko, Benoit. Benoit and Guerrero two of the all time greats in my mind. Dean Malenko (the man of a thousand holds)was just pure technical wrestling God. Saturn was the odd man out.

maddogg336
09-29-2010, 08:46 PM
As someone who has been a fan of wrestling since the late 1970's, I will have to go with the original Four Horsemen. I mean look at it like this:

The Mouthpiece: J. J. Dillon. One of the greatest talkers of his time.
The leader: Ric Flair. One of a very few wrestlers, of ANY time who can make an audience love and hate him in a matter of minutes. This guy's skill as a crowd, motivator is, in my never to be humble opinion. unparalelled.
The technician: Tully Blanchard. There are very few wrestlers, now or then, who could match him for pute wrestling knowledge and ability. Two men who may have been nearly as good are Dean Malenko and Chris Benoit, and I will submit that it is bo coincidence that they really took off when they joined the Horsemen in later incarnations.
The muscle: Ole and Arn Anderson...The Brainbusters. Need I say more. I mean, there has never been a stable with more world titles. Or more pure wrestling ability, in all aspects of the game.

Everybody on this website isnt 68 years old like u and i have my own opinion i dont have to like 4horsemen cause u do i mean quit cryin dude

Kid_Gangsta
09-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Degeneration X. Not the crappy HHH & HBK "Glowstick" duo, but the bad ass DX with Hunter, Shawn, Chyna etc.

BevinBoyz
09-29-2010, 10:13 PM
i am only 18 born in 92'.. so to me the factions like nWo, DX, nation of domination, i grew up around.. but for the four horsemen.. ive never been a fan of Ric.. i love when the nWo spray paint his hair and blinded, I LOVED when Austin "PISSED" on Arn Anderson.. but ya.. not everyone is atleast 40 years old..

marc
09-29-2010, 10:36 PM
If we are speaking of factions that are more modern then, yes, I would have to agree on the original, bad ass version of DX. I apologize if i offended the twelve year old readers of this forum by possessing a rudimentary knowledge of wrestling prior to 1990. Also, several of us were mistaken by even mentioning the NwO or the Horsemen, considering that this forum asked about factions in the WWE and TNA.

RagnarokNRoll
09-29-2010, 11:02 PM
Without a doubt the horsemen were one of the best of all time. I'm 26, a little to young to remember them but I certainly know the impact they had. Marc everything you said was spot on. The Ministry was great until McMahon revealed himself as the leader of both The ministry and the corporation. I grew up during the Hulkamania era but came of age during the attitude years so personally I like the whole gang warfare days in the wwf, The Nation, Los Boriquos, and my favorite D.O.A. But being from Philly I gotta throw the Triple Threat out there. Age of the Fall is another good one. One I think gets overlooked because none of the guys are around anymore but just the sheer potential in the group was unprecedented is The New Blood/Natural Born Thrillers. But to come full circle if you force me to pick a favorite, it's gotta be the horsemen both the original and the Benoit, Malenko, Saturn and Douglas incarnation.

JimmytheBlack
09-29-2010, 11:02 PM
Also, several of us were mistaken by even mentioning the NwO or the Horsemen, considering that this forum asked about factions in the WWE and TNA.

Even if it was a taunt. Vince bringing the NWO into the WWE would make them considerable for this forum

marc
09-29-2010, 11:34 PM
You are correct in that the fact that the NWO coming to WWE makes them suitable for this forum. However, I would argue that noone honestly cinsiders the WWE version of the NWO to be a realistic contender for best faction.

Robstar
09-29-2010, 11:40 PM
Firstly, it's hardly a person's fault if they happen to be younger than you. It's not a requirement of wrestling fandom to know who Frank Gotch is, ok? If you have a catalogue of wrestling knowledge on file in your brain, then feel free to share but DO NOT feel the need to lord it over others as if knowing this stuff somehow gives you more privilege. Jebus....

As for nWo having the "power to destroy a company" - sorry to tell you, it was ALL a work. No doubt nWo was a great faction but the fact is almost everyone in WCW drifted through their ranks at one time or another. But they were never actually going to "take over" WCW. I mean, come on - Dennis Rodman was a member!

The original Legion Of Doom is hard to overlook. For those who aren't aware, the original version had The Road Warriors, Jake Roberts, King Kong Bundy, Matt Borne, Arn Anderson, The Shiek, The Iron Sheik & The Spoiler.

Once again though, it's a matter of personal opinion

marc
09-29-2010, 11:44 PM
I was not the one who brought up my age. I merely stated that, having been watching it longer I have a different perspective as to whom the best faction actually was. It is not my fault that I am older no more than it is someone elses fault that they are younger. I do not believe that I lorded anything over anyone. I merely stated my opionion and added, as a caveat, that I have been watching it longer. My "ok how old are you guys" was meant as a joke. I somehow assumed that people could take a joke. If I was mistaken in my assumption then I do apologize. Again, I was not the one who began to speak derogatively to anyone regarding their age.

bignasty1
09-29-2010, 11:48 PM
Iwas thinking my favorite faction was The Dangerous Allinance you had Rick Rude,Bobby Eaton,Larry Zbyszko,Steve Austin,Arn Anderson,Michael Ps Hayes,and Madusa as heyman's valet.I was thinking tna needs to bring in a wwe faction like nwo called The left Out with Matt Hardy,Carlito,Mike Knox,Snitsky,and Kenny Dykstra and last but not least a returning Chris Harris

mikenigma
09-29-2010, 11:49 PM
Also, several of us were mistaken by even mentioning the NwO or the Horsemen, considering that this forum asked about factions in the WWE and TNA.

I would venture to say you could count anything WCW since WWE owns them. Anyways, I would say The Horseman. TNA needs to make Fortune a lot stronger to compare with the legacy of The Horseman. Also, if you can count the Hennan Family, then definitely them too.

Robstar
09-29-2010, 11:50 PM
I was not the one who brought up my age. I merely stated that, having been watching it longer I have a different perspective as to whom the best faction actually was. It is not my fault that I am older no more than it is someone elses fault that they are younger. I do not believe that I lorded anything over anyone. I merely stated my opionion and added, as a caveat, that I have been watching it longer. My "ok how old are you guys" was meant as a joke. I somehow assumed that people could take a joke. If I was mistaken in my assumption then I do apologize. Again, I was not the one who began to speak derogatively to anyone regarding their age.

Um, my bad? I messed up, sorry marc - you are right. oops :D

For the record, this works both ways.

marc
09-29-2010, 11:58 PM
It absolutely works both ways. And, no worries, Rob. I am not one to be bothered by words transmitted over a computer screen by people that I do not know and am not lilkely tp ever meet lol. I would also like to mention that, while I dont put them at the top, the Fabulous Freebirds have yet to be named. Or would they be considered an actual faction. Maybe just a three man team? What do you think?

Robstar
09-30-2010, 12:21 AM
It absolutely works both ways. And, no worries, Rob. I am not one to be bothered by words transmitted over a computer screen by people that I do not know and am not lilkely tp ever meet lol. I would also like to mention that, while I dont put them at the top, the Fabulous Freebirds have yet to be named. Or would they be considered an actual faction. Maybe just a three man team? What do you think?

I'd consider them a stable or faction for sure. Don't forget Jimmy Garvin was a member too, albiet a latter version, although Hayes always wanted him there. And they gave us the famous Freebird rule, not sure if that's a good thing or not, lol.

I think we're all forgetting The West Texas Rednecks!!! ;)

westy
09-30-2010, 10:23 AM
nWo for sure. 4 horsemen I wish I was around to have seen them. But for me growing up the nWo was huge and had the best names in the wrestling business. I miss those days of WCW so much.