PDA

View Full Version : WWE's Modern Day Screwjob

The Natural
06-27-2011, 11:45 AM
As most of you know, in 1997 at the annual Survivor Series, Bret Hart was suppose to go face to face in a singles match against Shawn Michaels, but that is not what happened. Later into the match senior referee, Earl Hebner, called for the bell when Bret hart never tapped out, insinuating to him and many others that it was a screwjob. Vince Mcmahan later stated that this was the "only thing to do" as Bret was goin to leave the company for their rival, WCW. Now what I want to know is if perhaps the match between C.M. Punk and John Cena could be a modern day telling of the screwjob, storyline or real, either one. Now what I really want to know is if could be real. I mean in 1997 Bret was screwed in his home country of Canada and the Money in the Bank PPV is going to take place in C.M. Punk's hometown of Chicago, Illinois, but since WWE really has no such competition as they did with WCW I don't think that they have to worry about anything, so it could be turned into a storyline to where C.M. Punk "comes back to the WWE". But answer the big question: Do any of you think this could possibly happen and what would happen if it did?

helmsley
06-27-2011, 01:47 PM
i dont think this could happen , wwe has no bigger competition and i dont think cm punk will go anywhere else if he goes, he will only take a break, but i think this is the right time to change the title form, let punk win, take the title, and then make a tournament for a newly designed wwe championship, with punk coming back in 6 months with the other one and winning an unification match

Necroyeti
06-27-2011, 01:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/HRnXz.gif

sincara
06-27-2011, 01:56 PM
i dont see this happening

helmsley
06-27-2011, 02:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/HRnXz.gif

lol at this haha

The Natural
06-27-2011, 02:04 PM
i dont think this could happen , wwe has no bigger competition and i dont think cm punk will go anywhere else if he goes, he will only take a break, but i think this is the right time to change the title form, let punk win, take the title, and then make a tournament for a newly designed wwe championship, with punk coming back in 6 months with the other one and winning an unification match
Yeah that is what I am saying. Back then the WWE had WCW to compete with and now there is no other company that really measures up to WWE. So I wouldn't think that this is going to happen, but perhaps a storyline, maybe???

commiepunk
06-28-2011, 04:35 PM
Yeah that is what I am saying. Back then the WWE had WCW to compete with and now there is no other company that really measures up to WWE. So I wouldn't think that this is going to happen, but perhaps a storyline, maybe???

Oy vey... I hope not. It seemed like, finally, Montreal might be laid to rest - what with Bret Hart settling his differences with McMahon and Michaels. 14 years on, after inspiring goodness knows how many lame angles and rehashes, it's time to let it go. Please?