PDA

View Full Version : giving kids what they want???

helmsley
06-26-2011, 03:40 PM
I was watching raw and impact this week with my little brother {has ten years} when he said something that caught my attention, and i quote "What is going on with wrestling these days, all they do is talk and talk and little wrestling"

So I thought, if wwe is targeted to kids, maybe they should try a little harder to retain the kids attention, but even in tna there has been more talking than wrestling, i think a balanced show should have more wrestling than words.

so what do you guys think, wwe is doing the right thing targeting to kids but sometimes losing their attention or they should do something to keep up like more wrestling time??

jordan1995
06-26-2011, 03:41 PM
i wish there was more wrestling ...but story lines have to be developed through talking segments

helmsley
06-26-2011, 03:42 PM
and what can be done with tna??? do you guys think is more talk than action two??? i personally enjoyed last weeks impact but main event wasnt that good

helmsley
06-26-2011, 03:43 PM
i wish there was more wrestling ...but story lines have to be developed through talking segments

right, but maybe keeping it at the minimum, maybe after matches or before matches promos and not that many backstage promos

SilverGhost
06-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Well....if you really think about it, both WWE and TNA are just entertainment shows. Not much of wrestling but using wrestling as a factor. Only one is for kids and the other....the wish from people that WCW is still on?

helmsley
06-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Well....if you really think about it, both WWE and TNA are just entertainment shows. Not much of wrestling but using wrestling as a factor. Only one is for kids and the other....the wish from people that WCW is still on?

yep, actually tna has the feeling of a weird wcw, but sometimes has good matches, my little brother conclusion was to watch only ppv, that way he will only watch the matches and have fun, i think is a good idea for kids, but i actually enjoy all the process of the storyline, building the feud, etc but i think many people does that, only order ppv to avoid the chat

Y2Jryder
06-26-2011, 04:33 PM
wrestling matters lol

monctonvike
06-26-2011, 04:34 PM
That is why I always hated people comparing wrestling to a soap opera, the art of pro wrestling was the story was to be told in the ring during a match, aand for that 2 hours you forget about the backstage politics and that its all ready decided and just enjoy the show. I mean ppl know there is no such thing as magic but illusionist and such do very well all around the world people just enjoy the show. The match at the time is a climax to the story there have always been interviews then later pre taped branded promo's then live confrontations. ect ect . Wrestling today isn't the same in so many ways and that is both a good thing and bad thing. The real comparison between wrestling and soap opera's is that they are both dying art forms. The wwe isn't the only one rebranding, there are all kinds of soap opera's that come on at night, they take place in hospitals, court rooms , police stations there about modern family's full of glee they pretend they are not soaps and sitcoms because they are not branded shows ppl like they call themselves series's and dramas

helmsley
06-26-2011, 04:38 PM
That is why I always hated people comparing wrestling to a soap opera, the art of pro wrestling was the story was to be told in the ring during a match, aand for that 2 hours you forget about the backstage politics and that its all ready decided and just enjoy the show. I mean ppl know there is no such thing as magic but illusionist and such do very well all around the world people just enjoy the show. The match at the time is a climax to the story there have always been interviews then later pre taped branded promo's then live confrontations. ect ect . Wrestling today isn't the same in so many ways and that is both a good thing and bad thing. The real comparison between wrestling and soap opera's is that they are both dying art forms. The wwe isn't the only one rebranding, there are all kinds of soap opera's that come on at night, they take place in hospitals, court rooms , police stations there about modern family's full of glee they pretend they are not soaps and sitcoms because they are not branded shows ppl like they call themselves series's and dramas

i think youre right, ill compare wrestling more to an art, to perform and sacrifice for something you love to do, and i also think that the story should be told in the ring, not outside

AOF666
06-26-2011, 04:46 PM
Maybe they should go back to the 80's idea and show an interview or a promo during a match.

SnaggleTooth
06-26-2011, 05:07 PM
i think youre right, ill compare wrestling more to an art, to perform and sacrifice for something you love to do, and i also think that the story should be told in the ring, not outside

I'll compare modern wrestling/entertainment to a (f)art: there's something that'll eventually catch your notice after staring at crap for so long.

WWTNA Mark
06-26-2011, 05:13 PM

This^^^^^^^^^^

I too wish we seen more action but the promos and segments is what makes the matches meaningful. Like Gunner said, if there was no promos and segments, then it would just be just a bunch of random matches. So we need the talking and segments to elevate storylines for PPVs even if we are sick of them.

SnaggleTooth
06-26-2011, 05:21 PM
This^^^^^^^^^^

I too wish we seen more action but the promos and segments is what makes the matches meaningful. Like Gunner said, if there was no promos and segments, then it would just be just a bunch of random matches. So we need the talking and segments to elevate storylines for PPVs even if we are sick of them.

Yeah, that would be horrible. It'd be like watching a sports event.

spidercentz
06-26-2011, 05:47 PM
I think your little brother is just copying all the complaining he hears around him. Little brothers tend to take after their older siblings.

blink
06-26-2011, 05:57 PM
Maybe they should go back to the 80's idea and show an interview or a promo during a match.

I always hated that. It distracted me from the match. And I thought it took away from the in ring story being told. Maybe cut the segment time down by a few minutes?

helmsley
06-26-2011, 10:00 PM
I think that they should minimize the promo time or try not giving unnecessary promo time

Viper
06-26-2011, 10:45 PM
WWE need to cut down on PPVs therefore more wrestling can be thrown in the mix and less talking. With all the PPVs just 2-3 weeks apart from one another, of course they need to do all this hype and build up (more talking/mic time in other words),

helmsley
06-26-2011, 10:52 PM
WWE need to cut down on PPVs therefore more wrestling can be thrown in the mix and less talking. With all the PPVs just 2-3 weeks apart from one another, of course they need to do all this hype and build up (more talking/mic time in other words),

agree with you, if there were less ppv, there would be no hurry to build feuds and we can have more matches, actually the tna bound for glory series is a good idea to have good exciting matches with meaning

monctonvike
06-26-2011, 10:56 PM
I think that they should minimize the promo time or try not giving unnecessary promo time

They would matter more if there were less of them. Having matches finish as well not just run ins and stuff doesn't matter if someone cheats or whatever. If run ins and "walks" outright getting disqualified on purpose happened less it would matter more

Did you notice you get a -10 points for dq in the bound for glory thing that should mean there aren't too many of those during the bfg

helmsley
06-26-2011, 10:59 PM
They would matter more if there were less of them. Having matches finish as well not just run ins and stuff doesn't matter if someone cheats or whatever. If run ins and "walks" outright getting disqualified on purpose happened less it would matter more

Did you notice you get a -10 points for dq in the bound for glory thing that should mean there aren't too many of those during the bfg

right, i think is a good move from tna , so their matches get more value and more entertaining, i think wwe should do something similar to put some talent over

the wrestling shade
06-26-2011, 11:29 PM
wrestling matters lol
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ that lol

Dameduse823
06-26-2011, 11:47 PM

I agree with you that story lines need to be developed through promos and skits but half of what happens on the shows is just random crap to try and get cheap laughs or heat. Over teh last few years the show has become more about stupid jokes and skits then matches and stories.

And on subject, I never understood how being pg was supposed to attract kids. Hell nearly everyone I know got into wrestling when they were kids and it was pretty far from pg back then

WWTNA Mark
06-26-2011, 11:57 PM
I don't understand why people think PG means for kids. PG means for all demographics to watch whether it'd be 2 year olds to 20 year olds. Its just family friendly on certain things rather then being edgier and wild like the Attitude Era.

TNA 'The very best'
06-26-2011, 11:58 PM

If your a good enough wrestler and in a good enough feud, you don't need alot of promos to build it up IMO

TNA 'The very best'
06-27-2011, 12:01 AM
I don't understand why people think PG means for kids. PG means for all demographics to watch whether it'd be 2 year olds to 20 year olds. Its just family friendly on certain things rather then being edgier and wild like the Attitude Era.

Because people see anything that isn't wild or edgy being aimed at kids, he'll you wouldn't see sponge bob getting fucked up, because it's aimed at kids, even if adults do enjoy it.

helmsley
06-27-2011, 12:01 AM
i think that since they need to build up some new stars, theyre giving them mic time when they shouldnt, maybe just pushing young stars another way

WWTNA Mark
06-27-2011, 12:06 AM
Because people see anything that isn't wild or edgy being aimed at kids, he'll you wouldn't see sponge bob getting fucked up, because it's aimed at kids, even if adults do enjoy it.

Doesn't technically mean its aimed at kids, just means that kids are WWE's larger demographic.

WWTNA Mark
06-27-2011, 12:09 AM
If your a good enough wrestler and in a good enough feud, you don't need alot of promos to build it up IMO

In order to have a good feud, you need the storylines and promos to elevate that feud. What would the HBK/Bret Hart feud be like if they didn't have promos during there feud or no storylines revolved around the feud? Sure, the matches would be good but wouldn't really be a feud without storylines and promos IMO.

TNA 'The very best'
06-27-2011, 12:10 AM
Doesn't technically mean its aimed at kids, just means that kids are WWE's larger demographic.

Yea which means their programming can't be wild or edgy as it would be if their demograph was teens etc,the more I think about pg I don't think it's that bad I just think alot of the time it's being booked wrong and maybe that because they have alot of old school guys in creative, who knows, all I knownis that I want to see more wrestling and less crappy promos

helmsley
06-27-2011, 12:11 AM
In order to have a good feud, you need the storylines and promos to elevate that feud. What would the HBK/Bret Hart feud be like if they didn't have promos during there feud or no storylines revolved around the feud? Sure, the matches would be good but wouldn't really be a feud without storylines and promos IMO.

But i think people enjoyed more wrestling and less feud making and the results were better in that time

TNA 'The very best'
06-27-2011, 12:12 AM

I didn't mean completely no promos, and besides your talking about almost 15 years ago, where wrestling actually mattered excuse the pun, nowadays it's more entertainment but hey that's what they are going for so I guess they are doing ok.

WWTNA Mark
06-27-2011, 12:16 AM
I didn't mean completely no promos, and besides your talking about almost 15 years ago, where wrestling actually mattered excuse the pun, nowadays it's more entertainment but hey that's what they are going for so I guess they are doing ok.

I know it happened 15 years ago but still, more wrestling and less promos don't really work IMO. I always felt that promos played a major part in wrestling and in feuds more specifically. Without that feuds wouldn't be the same and not in a good way either.

WWTNA Mark
06-27-2011, 12:20 AM
Yea which means their programming can't be wild or edgy as it would be if their demograph was teens etc,the more I think about pg I don't think it's that bad I just think alot of the time it's being booked wrong and maybe that because they have alot of old school guys in creative, who knows, all I knownis that I want to see more wrestling and less crappy promos

I agree. I feel as though people vent there frustrations way too much on PG then the actual booking. I also feel that WWE goes over-bored with PG sometimes like Hornswaggle for instance. :(

TNA 'The very best'
06-27-2011, 12:21 AM
I know it happened 15 years ago but still, more wrestling and less promos don't really work IMO. I always felt that promos played a major part in wrestling and in feuds more specifically. Without that feuds wouldn't be the same and not in a good way either.

I do agree, look at taker and hbk/hhh over the last 3 years the hype for their matchs was amazing, but all I'm saying is you could still have a good feud with fewer promos than the is does right now.

WWTNA Mark
06-27-2011, 12:22 AM
I do agree, look at taker and hbk/hhh over the last 3 years the hype for their matchs was amazing, but all I'm saying is you could still have a good feud with fewer promos than the is does right now.

Yeah, thats true.

TNA 'The very best'
06-27-2011, 12:23 AM
I agree. I feel as though people vent there frustrations way too much on PG then the actual booking. I also feel that WWE goes over-bored with PG sometimes like Hornswaggle for instance. :(

Yea and that's why people get more annoyed at pg than anything, the crappy segments that are aimed at the kids to fill the show, pg wrestling is good IMO altho I wouldn't mind seeing some old gimmick matchs now and again.

sincara
06-27-2011, 09:30 AM
wrestling matters agaain

lamsdark
06-27-2011, 05:38 PM
im according whit most of this opinions there needs to be less talking and more wrestling but that only isnt enough it needs to push the talent they have too i mind they have a lot of midcarders like Evan Bourne, Zack Ryder, Ted Dibiase that hasnt even win a singles championship and some of them like Bourne for example are in a relevant age in where if they dont win a title before reach 30 is gonna be more difficult to reach after that age for example there are Yoshi Tatsu, Kozlov, Tyler Reks they have some decent ring skills but they have something in common they have more than 30 years and are joobers too the most they are gonna reach sometime in his carrer in WWE is a Tag Team Title maybe but nothing more there are other like Gabriel and Mcgillicuty that reached 30 but at least Gabriel i think the WWE see something in him and he is gonna be pushed i can see it happening and Joe well his last name is what holds him in WWE i can see him win a singles championship too