PDA

View Full Version : Does The Miz =The Perfect heel

maddogg336
09-29-2010, 11:59 AM
In my opinion he does he the great mic skills got ring work and knows ho to make u hate him

BevinBoyz
09-29-2010, 12:19 PM
IMO i don't think so.. a heel's job is to make u hate him. but they still entertain. i find him quite boring. i rather go watch the spirt squad then him.. which is quite sad really..

DirtySteal
09-29-2010, 12:23 PM
I think there are far better Heels out there. I'm not ripping on him, he's good, but he's not the best.

Better Heels: The Rock, Jericho, CM Punk, Edge (Rated R version), Stone Cold (Invasion days) Christian (TNA) ect.

shanethewolf
09-29-2010, 12:35 PM
Stone Cold (Invasion days)

He was pretty good during the Invasion, but prior to his face turn against Bret Hart and his feud with Vince, Stone Cold was one of the best heels I've ever seen and his 3:16 speech at King of the Ring was one of the best heel promos of all time.

As for The Miz, he's a good midcard heel and does a good job of getting himself over (especially on NXT), but he's not technical enough or threatening enough to be a main event heel in my opinion.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
09-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. The MIZ is a prime example of hard work/dedication/passion for the rasslin business and how fast it will take you to the top if you have all three. The road for the MIZ was not an easy one. It wasn't too long ago the MIZ had to write down his lines on this hand so he wouldn't forget them. Since that one incident not only can he cut a promo he is by far one of the best promo guys in the business, period. I knew with time he would wrestle better and it turned out i was right. Don't forget he was a finalist in Tough Enough. But you know what really helped his wrestling ability and overall performance, it was when he had his matches with John Cena. Say what you want about Cena but when the MIZ had his matches with him I feel that was the moment the MIZ really started believing in himself and gave him that confidence he so desperately needed. I remember watching Mike and hear him talking about and then turning into the MIZ on the real world. The MIZ is just his alter ego that was angry, combative and headstrong nothing like his usually placid demeanor. It's just another prime example of how a character works a whole lot better when the talent is part of the character and not forced to be someone their clearly not. The lights are on and shinning bright on the MIZ and hopefully when he has that championship belt around his waist those lights will get brighter. The Miz is one of the best things rasslin has going for it right now and he is headed to the top of the mountain and for a very good reason quite simply he deserves it. U MAD???

merhardt03
09-29-2010, 12:48 PM
The miz = multi time wwe/world champ. I must agree wit IPEEINTHESHOWER. Hes simply one of the better things in the biz today n yes the feud wit Cena did get Miz that extra boost he needed.

JimmytheBlack
09-29-2010, 12:50 PM
Christian was a terrible heel, and that makes the Miz look even worse. The Miz is only a good heel when he's winning. Holdin one title while holding money in the bank gave him the boost of confidence to boast. That's why people hate the Miz. I want to see him lose, simply because I don't want to hear him talking about it two months later. He's just like JBL, but sucks. He is getting better in the ring, his matches are still boreing, they're just getting better.

IrkenInvader
09-29-2010, 01:41 PM
IMO i don't think so.. a heel's job is to make u hate him. but they still entertain. i find him quite boring. i rather go watch the spirt squad then him.. which is quite sad really..

Just watch a Dolph Ziggler match to get your fix,he was Nicky in SS.

jhorton1215
09-29-2010, 02:41 PM

Couldn't agree more. The Miz bores me and I can't stand watching him. At least he's better than Alex Riley, though.

WilliamJames
09-29-2010, 02:47 PM
I never thought The Miz was boring. His mic skills are some what like that of the modern day Chris Jericho mic skills(current jericho not attitude era jericho). An do not say I am wrong. Watch vids of the both of them back-to-back an you can see at certain points that they sound kind of the same. So calling Miz boring would ultimately make the guy who is the best in the world at what he does a snoozefest on the mic as well.

maddogg336
09-29-2010, 02:53 PM
He was pretty good during the Invasion, but prior to his face turn against Bret Hart and his feud with Vince, Stone Cold was one of the best heels I've ever seen and his 3:16 speech at King of the Ring was one of the best heel promos of all time.

As for The Miz, he's a good midcard heel and does a good job of getting himself over (especially on NXT), but he's not technical enough or threatening enough to be a main event heel in my opinion.

Um Sheamus and Cena barely have any moves and look at them yea i know there big guys but the miz is stll good enough in my opinion and i think he will prove it when he wins the title

maddogg336
09-29-2010, 03:24 PM
his attitude sort of reminds me of jericho

JimmytheBlack
09-29-2010, 04:05 PM

Overall it looks like WWE is breaking away from the heels that we knew growing up, they're evolving. Everything that Miz is doing is nothig new. I have been watching a lot of Classic AWA wrestling latley. I see a lot of what the Miz is doing on the mic and at ring side similar to Larry Zabisco. He comes out and boast how great he is. He even has the win-loss record to back it up. Sad thing is, watching ones of the Miz's matchs is like watching an old AWA match. My point is, he has the charisma of Zabisco and the cocky WRESTLING GOD complex of JBL. Throw in the MITB case, you have a real headliner. I would pay to see Wrestlemania, just to see Miz cash it in and fail.(Anderson doesn't count, he never cashed it in) Let him boast about that.

merhardt03
09-29-2010, 06:00 PM
I like how there are a lot of naysayers and supporters of Miz. Thats a good thing. I personally am a supporter and believe hes a future world champion on several occasions. THE TRUTH WILL BE TOLD

AndyWonder
09-29-2010, 08:23 PM
To quote Miz himself, I think he is doing an "AWESOME" job at being a heel. He says his lines in a way that keeps ya hooked and hoping he will get beat up, has great facial expressions and has great crowd psychology.

SilverGhost
09-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Is the Miz a good heel? I think so.

Is he the perfect heel? He is not even close.

Riel
09-30-2010, 12:19 AM
Since I've started watching wrestling again no one has impressed me as much as The Miz. I like his mic skills and his in ring ability, of course like anybody he has room to grow in both fields, but I'm confident that he will.

What I like about him the most is that he's not relying on a push to make his way to the top but rather a good steady build through out his career. These days it seems like the company is force feeding us main event performers so seeing someone who has worked his way up is a really nice change of pace.

I see a little bit of past great performers in him (Jericho, HBK, The Rock) and honestly I think one day he will be the guy that draws sold out crowds. Probably not as the Hero but the guy that stands in his way; with that said, I don't think he's the perfect heel right now but one day I believe he will be.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-30-2010, 01:17 PM
The Miz has come a long way since his reality show days. I'm proud to have watched him blossom into what he is today. The wrestlers on the roster put him through hell back when he was first starting out but he never gave up. He kept going, and he picked up his A-game an slowly progressed in ring skills an mic skills. I personally believe that he is a great heel. He still has a long way to go before he's concisdered that. My list of perfect heels was Chris Jericho, JBL, Christian when had tomko, The Rock, Stone Cold, Kane, Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle, William Regal, HHH, and CM Punk. I think Wade Barret is getting there.

DirtySteal
09-30-2010, 08:05 PM
I think Wade Barret is getting there.[/COLOR]

Yeah, I love watching Barrett as he is now. That guy can only get better. Big future heel in the making.

SilverGhost
09-30-2010, 08:10 PM
Barrett>Miz

IrkenInvader
09-30-2010, 08:16 PM
Barrett>Miz

Wasteland is not a good move for a finisher. Just doesn't look like a hard impact, but its a safe move so WWE loves it.

jethro
10-01-2010, 04:48 AM
Using the term perfect heel loosely there guy.

SilverGhost
10-02-2010, 12:33 AM
Wasteland is not a good move for a finisher. Just doesn't look like a hard impact, but its a safe move so WWE loves it.

It doesn't look like it. What about the feeling of being hit with that? I can see Barrett catching guys, like Cena with other wrestlers, then put them in a firemans then Wasteland.

AGEOFFALL
10-03-2010, 02:59 AM
No the only thing the Miz is missing is wrestling skills. he has more than enough to be considered above average, but he is still nowhere at the level of guys like Jericho, HBK, Edge, and other guys like that.

IrkenInvader
07-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Also relevant.