PDA

View Full Version : Cody Rhodes and Daniel Bryan's feud

WWTNA Mark
06-25-2011, 02:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mm-Y4ivpj0

^^^Was that segment between Cody Rhodes and Daniel Bryan great or what?! I'm loving Cody Rhodes and Daniel Bryan's feud right now. They are putting on great matches and are bringing out the best in each other. This could possibly be the current greatest feud in the WWE besides Randy Orton and Christian. There feud is just adding on to the reason why I prefer Smackdown over Raw these days. Hopefully Cody Rhodes and Daniel Bryan can get pushed to main event status because they are just great.

Automatic
06-25-2011, 02:33 PM
Agreed, solid promo's and good matches.

thejman93
06-25-2011, 02:33 PM
The only thing that I thought could ever hold Bryan back was his mic work but that promo last night was really good. Both guys have a chance to do great things in WWE after this feud. Another positive is that young Cody is working with, and hopefully learning from, Bryan who is one of the best in the world.

WWTNA Mark
06-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Agreed, solid promo's and good matches.

Hopefully they get pushes to the main event once their feud ends. I would love to see both go up against Christian or Orton. ;)

The only thing that I thought could ever hold Bryan back was his mic work but that promo last night was really good. Both guys have a chance to do great things in WWE after this feud. Another positive is that young Cody is working with, and hopefully learning from, Bryan who is one of the best in the world.

I agree. I felt that Bryan's mic skills would hold him back but he is improving on the mic and his Smackdown promo last night proves that. I also agree that Daniel Bryan is bringing the best out of Cody.

sivart
06-25-2011, 04:10 PM
With this feud its helping cody get to main event status. For bryan its helping his mic skills. Both are doing great with there time.

holgerwich
06-25-2011, 04:23 PM
The matches are great, i'm not that excited about their promo segments though

WWTNA Mark
06-25-2011, 04:38 PM
The matches are great, i'm not that excited about their promo segments though

You have to admit, there segment this week was pretty funny!

WWTNA Mark
06-25-2011, 04:39 PM
With this feud its helping cody get to main event status. For bryan its helping his mic skills. Both are doing great with there time.

This is a reason why i'm enjoying there feud!

HeelTurn
06-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Yeah Smackdown has a great main event feud with Christian and Orton and a great midcard feud with these to. I can see this helping them both into the main event scene, they deserve it after their promo and ring work.

WWTNA Mark
06-25-2011, 04:48 PM
Yeah Smackdown has a great main event feud with Christian and Orton and a great midcard feud with these to. I can see this helping them both into the main event scene, they deserve it after their promo and ring work.

Yeah, they really do need to be in the main event scene after this feud. If not, they can always have both guys compete for the IC title to help give Big Zeke new challenges for the title.

justanotherPUNK
06-25-2011, 07:08 PM
Long time reader first time poster, so be easy on me guys, I know how vicious some of you can get :)

I've been a Bryan Danielson fan since his indy days, and he is no slouch on the mic. I, personally, believe it is his character/the WWE that holds him back.

Not quite sure how to post a vid properly, but check this out for "evidence".

http://youtu.be/9Psa64b_eBY

WWTNA Mark
06-25-2011, 07:55 PM
Long time reader first time poster, so be easy on me guys, I know how vicious some of you can get :)

I've been a Bryan Danielson fan since his indy days, and he is no slouch on the mic. I, personally, believe it is his character/the WWE that holds him back.

Not quite sure how to post a vid properly, but check this out for "evidence".

http://youtu.be/9Psa64b_eBY

Welcome to the EWN man!

Watching his indy promos, he wasn't that bad. He was good on the mic actually but its hard for him to develop great mic skills in the WWE since he is limited on the mic but hes improving on the mic I gotta say.

Kashdinero
06-25-2011, 08:32 PM
I was just about to talk about how good on the mic Daniel Bryan can be, but the above posts beat me to it :)

That's right, it is the way he is being portrayed as a mild mannered individual, who just happens to be excellent at wrestling. Should WWE allow him to show a bit more confidence in himself he would be more than capable of proving his worth. But Vince will book a guy the way he see's them upon first impression, and it is obvious that he saw nothing special in The American Dragon. Let's hope that this run with Cody will help Vince see a clearer.

How about a heel turn? Too small to be affective?

justanotherPUNK
06-25-2011, 08:45 PM
How about a heel turn? Too small to be affective?

I still don't think he's been taken seriously enough as a face. I think a heel turn right now would not be the best idea. Some time later, I think he should definitely turn heel. A feud with him and Rey, or even Sin Cara, would be something I'd look forward to.

Kashdinero
06-25-2011, 08:52 PM
I still don't think he's been taken seriously enough as a face. I think a heel turn right now would not be the best idea. Some time later, I think he should definitely turn heel. A feud with him and Rey, or even Sin Cara, would be something I'd look forward to.

Yeah, they would definitely have to build him up some more before it happened, but if it did, he could pull it off. The constant on air digs from VinceViaCole have done him no favours. An added touch of aggression to his character would do wonders for him, as this nice guy act can only take him so far.

Rilla
06-25-2011, 09:07 PM
For right now, they need to build him as a top face. SD is full of heels, with Orton(Tweener) as the only good guy in the ME, aside from Kane. Push DBD and Cody as top stars.

Enforcer23
06-25-2011, 09:49 PM
yeah i agree ive watched these to over the past weeks and this friday night mann that match was entertianing as all hell....i dont really know what dibiase is doing tho(retart writers have to add more when its not needed)

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
06-25-2011, 10:53 PM
The feud between Bryan and Rhodes is turning out to be as good as I thought it would. :) Let's hope they keep advancing the feud and possibly even turn this into a blood feud somehow.

PureMetalftw!
06-26-2011, 12:02 AM
love the fued, the only way it would be better is if i dont have to listen to daniel bryan's theme song before the match
it kinda makes the whole thing a bit less serious

zapphoman
06-26-2011, 12:04 AM
loving this feud. I enjoyed watching Daniel Bryan finally get to do a promo this Friday. For something that is holding him back the promo was awesome. I would like to see him do one more run with US/Intercontinental Title before heading up to main event status although it is true that Smackdown doesn't have any top faces. For a minute there though I thought Sheamus was about to become face but that all ended when dull as hell Orton kicked him in the skull.

btw PureMetalFTW loving your sig dude. made me laugh when I saw it.

alexrules01
06-26-2011, 01:47 AM
Its a pretty good feud thus far, good matches.
When's the last time we've had a good feud that didn't involve a title? They should do more of these!

WWTNA Mark
06-26-2011, 10:19 AM
yeah i agree ive watched these to over the past weeks and this friday night mann that match was entertianing as all hell....i dont really know what dibiase is doing tho(retart writers have to add more when its not needed)

Yeah, I hate the fact that Ted Dibiase is Cody Rhodes' sidekick just because they don't know what to do with Dibiase. Cody Rhodes is better alone and adding Ted Dibiase with him just seems stupid.

Rilla
06-26-2011, 10:29 AM
Ted is most likely there as a counter-weight to Sin Cara

blink
06-26-2011, 11:51 AM
Yeah, I hate the fact that Ted Dibiase is Cody Rhodes' sidekick just because they don't know what to do with Dibiase. Cody Rhodes is better alone and adding Ted Dibiase with him just seems stupid.

I agree with this to an extent but I'm really hoping dibiase gets a good rub off of this. He should be in the upper mid card with rhodes. There's absolutely no good reason that he should lose every single match.... With the exception of Barreta

WWTNA Mark
06-26-2011, 12:15 PM
I agree with this to an extent but I'm really hoping dibiase gets a good rub off of this. He should be in the upper mid card with rhodes. There's absolutely no good reason that he should lose every single match.... With the exception of Barreta

To be honest, I just don't see anything in Ted. I know i'm being a little harsh but I just don't see anything special in him.

imswm
06-26-2011, 03:07 PM
Kill the messenger if you must, but if they had main event plans for either of these guys--especially Cody, considering how long he's been in the WWE--they would have been getting a build a lot sooner than now.

Y2Jryder
06-26-2011, 04:42 PM
I was waiting for the moment someone would say that a heel turn is the best option for him

get in line juniors