PDA

View Full Version : Wwe ppv's

BevinBoyz
09-29-2010, 09:19 AM
would anyone else other then me like the WWE goin back to Brand's Brand PPV's..
one month Raws, next month SmackDowns, other then SUMMER SLAM, SURVIVOR SERIES, ROYAL RUMBLE & WRESTLEMAINA

SilverGhost
09-29-2010, 10:01 AM
I kinda saw what WWE was getting at with brand's PPV but in my opinion that wasn't necassary since the most part some matches that they had aren't PPV worthy. A cross brand PPV makes things better.

Daniel Bryan
09-29-2010, 10:46 AM
i dont know i like it bc more guys got ppv opportunities but at the same time i didnt bc like silverghost said some of those matches werent ppv worthy

SilverGhost
09-29-2010, 10:55 AM
i dont know i like it bc more guys got ppv opportunities but at the same time i didnt bc like silverghost said some of those matches werent ppv worthy

That I understood. More guys getting PPV time but yeah....if the matches were a bit better then I wouldn't complain about it.

I have the brand's PPVs on DVD and I usually skip the unworthy matches for that reason.

merhardt03
09-29-2010, 11:07 AM
I would like brand ppvs again. It would build more time n interest if done right for the clash. But wwe would still screw that up hence y it went away in the first place. New writers or sumthin is sorely needed. THE TRUTH WILL BE TOLD

IPEEINTHESHOWER
09-29-2010, 11:59 AM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. As for ppv's I want compelling storylines and a logical reason why the talent is rassling each other in the first place. I'm starting to wonder if that's asking for too much these days. PPV's are suppose to be special and the last few years with some exceptions if you paid for them you not only want your money back you want your time invested back too. When I was young I remember getting a shit load of candy ready to eat and couldn't wait for the ppv's to start, it wasn't just another show it was an event. I remember back in the days a survivor series ppv was on thanksgiving night and my entire family watched it on ppv, granted they weren't emotionally attached to rassling like I was but most if not all of them got something out of it. How times have changed. Not to long ago Bars in my area would show rasslin ppv's and you know what, they no longer do because no one would show up. I remember sitting at the bar and laughing at the 5 people in attendance. Some people will only need to get tricked once into buying a sub par ppv and who can blame them. Money is tight these days and it's not UFC fault wwe ppv's are down. When people are emotionally invested in the product they will buy ppv's, and wwe is failing big time at that. It doesn't matter if the ppv's are an all raw brand or all smackdown brand ppv. What matters is if anyone cares to watch the bullshit were forced fed to endure because at one point in life we all were emotionally attached and we want that feeling back. U MAD???

BevinBoyz
09-29-2010, 12:13 PM
I kinda saw what WWE was getting at with brand's PPV but in my opinion that wasn't necassary since the most part some matches that they had aren't PPV worthy. A cross brand PPV makes things better.

i do agree that some matches were pointless.. but i just belive it helps some of the underated superstars grow..

i also think that having RAW or SmackDown have a PPV every 2 months for there respective brand could help build storylines, bigger fueds.. and get's out more into the brand.. that is when i honestly belived it was SmackDowns VS. RAW.. where superstars stayed on there brand unless they had the title.

DirtySteal
09-29-2010, 12:28 PM
I think they have them way too close to each other. 2 weeks between Night of Champions and Hell In a Cell, its just silly. You can't build on any great storylines between PPVs anymore.

And to boot, I think WWE booked both wrong. They should have saved the six pack challenge till HIAC, and had a 6 Man Hell In a Cell (shades of the Armageddon one) I think that would have got huge draws.

I'd take WWE building up stories with less PPVs and more time between them than squeezing in PPVs and basing storys around whatever gimmick the PPV is.

vbirwin
09-29-2010, 02:23 PM
I have to think brand only PPV's would hurt buys. Because of my schedule I am rarely home on Friday nights so I don't watch Smackdown regularly. As such, if they run a Smackdown only PPV I am not going to pay the high price to buy it because I don't know the storylines and am not invested. If there is a mix of brands on a PPV then those who only watch one of the two weekly shows will have at least some investment and a reason to buy it.

SilverGhost
09-29-2010, 09:23 PM
It doesn't matter if the ppv's are an all raw brand or all smackdown brand ppv. What matters is if anyone cares to watch the bullshit were forced fed to endure because at one point in life we all were emotionally attached and we want that feeling back.

I think in some point it does matter because its just as I said, Raw or Smackdown PPVs weren't that good since you get other matches that you would expect to see on Smackdown only and yet they are at a PPV. I mean its a PPV. Its supposed to be good yet some matches were not good since its either a squash or a disappointment.

It wasn't as back then when something unexpected happens that leaves us guessing and tuning in for Raw or Smackdown for more of what happened at the PPV.

The only time I can think of that a brand PPV that actually gave us an unexpected turn was New Years Revolution, which was a Raw PPV, and John Cena won the Elimination Chamber and Edge cashed in the MITB, speared Cena twice and won the WWE title.

Robstar
09-30-2010, 02:29 AM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. As for ppv's I want compelling storylines and a logical reason why the talent is rassling each other in the first place. I'm starting to wonder if that's asking for too much these days. PPV's are suppose to be special and the last few years with some exceptions if you paid for them you not only want your money back you want your time invested back too. When I was young I remember getting a shit load of candy ready to eat and couldn't wait for the ppv's to start, it wasn't just another show it was an event. I remember back in the days a survivor series ppv was on thanksgiving night and my entire family watched it on ppv, granted they weren't emotionally attached to rassling like I was but most if not all of them got something out of it. How times have changed. Not to long ago Bars in my area would show rasslin ppv's and you know what, they no longer do because no one would show up. I remember sitting at the bar and laughing at the 5 people in attendance. Some people will only need to get tricked once into buying a sub par ppv and who can blame them. Money is tight these days and it's not UFC fault wwe ppv's are down. When people are emotionally invested in the product they will buy ppv's, and wwe is failing big time at that. It doesn't matter if the ppv's are an all raw brand or all smackdown brand ppv. What matters is if anyone cares to watch the bullshit were forced fed to endure because at one point in life we all were emotionally attached and we want that feeling back. U MAD???

Infinite wisdom? U MAD?? lol

SilverGhost
09-30-2010, 11:50 AM
The PPVs now are great. Good mix of both brands.

Bodom
09-30-2010, 12:00 PM
The PPVs now are great. Good mix of both brands.

There just needs to be less. I honestly dropped my jaw during Night of Champions when they said HIAC was two weeks away

SilverGhost
09-30-2010, 12:06 PM
There just needs to be less. I honestly dropped my jaw during Night of Champions when they said HIAC was two weeks away

That is what I hate. The consistency of the PPVs.

PPVs once in a while will be better. The constant PPVs is showing me that WWE is really running out of ideas.

Bodom
09-30-2010, 12:09 PM
That is what I hate. The consistency of the PPVs.

PPVs once in a while will be better. The constant PPVs is showing me that WWE is really running out of ideas.

They need to drop at least 3 of them and make Night of Champions into a bigger deal. IMO the could make hella more money if they make Night of Champions into one of the "Big 4 PPV's"

SilverGhost
09-30-2010, 12:16 PM
They need to drop at least 3 of them and make Night of Champions into a bigger deal. IMO the could make hella more money if they make Night of Champions into one of the "Big 4 PPV's"

Very True. They did something right by putting all of the titles on the line in one night.

I liked the idea. MITB as its own PPV isn't calling out to me.

Bodom
09-30-2010, 12:20 PM
Very True. They did something right by putting all of the titles on the line in one night.

I liked the idea. MITB as its own PPV isn't calling out to me.

Only wrong thing they did was having that Punk - Big Show match.

My only concern with the MITB PPV is that it might make the Wrestlemania MITB less important. The MITB PPV wasn't all bad......we have The Miz walking around with that briefcase :)

SilverGhost
09-30-2010, 12:23 PM
Only wrong thing they did was having that Punk - Big Show match.

My only concern with the MITB PPV is that it might make the Wrestlemania MITB less important. The MITB PPV wasn't all bad......we have The Miz walking around with that briefcase :)

Yeah that match left me facedesking myself. I mean....EVERY MATCH IS A CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH! What the hell?

As for MITB and Miz having that briefcase.....I HOPE HE CASHES IN THE CASE AND LOSES THE MATCH! >:)

Bodom
09-30-2010, 12:25 PM
Yeah that match left me facedesking myself. I mean....EVERY MATCH IS A CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH! What the hell?

As for MITB and Miz having that briefcase.....I HOPE HE CASHES IN THE CASE AND LOSES THE MATCH! >:)

You spew blasphemy!

SilverGhost
09-30-2010, 12:28 PM
You spew blasphemy!

If what I said is blasphemy, then I hope it comes true!

Miz isn't ready to be World Champ dude. Come on. I know he has worked hard but I think he isn't ready.

Bodom
09-30-2010, 12:33 PM
If what I said is blasphemy, then I hope it comes true!

Miz isn't ready to be World Champ dude. Come on. I know he has worked hard but I think he isn't ready.

He's there dude. All he needs are some credibility matches and some decisive wins.

SilverGhost
09-30-2010, 12:35 PM
He's there dude. All he needs are some credibility matches and some decisive wins.

I know he is there. I know the door is opening. But thats what he needs, credible matches and decisive wins.

And he is feuding with Bryan? No man...

Bodom
09-30-2010, 12:44 PM
I know he is there. I know the door is opening. But thats what he needs, credible matches and decisive wins.

And he is feuding with Bryan? No man...

This Miz - Bryan is probably the only intriguing feud going on Raw

SilverGhost
09-30-2010, 12:53 PM
This Miz - Bryan is probably the only intriguing feud going on Raw

I know it is. But still....I don't see Miz as THE CHAMP.