PDA

View Full Version : Montreal screw job DVD

jordan1995
06-24-2011, 01:51 AM
any thoughts on wwe planning a Montreal screw job dvd ? ......personally i think it will be decent however we've seen interviews on it ..shoots on..it and more importantly we wont have earl hebners account as he is under contract at tna ....for money purposes only imo :)

Viper
06-24-2011, 02:58 AM
This is WWE's way of stirring up sh*t thats already has had closure on so they can make some money off it.

jr512
06-24-2011, 03:27 AM
any thoughts on wwe planning a Montreal screw job dvd ? ......personally i think it will be decent however we've seen interviews on it ..shoots on..it and more importantly we wont have earl hebners account as he is under contract at tna ....for money purposes only imo :)

Before being release he did comment on the "screw job" same with russo (which he takes full credit for it even.when.other people have said he wasn't involved in the meetings that lead to the incident) and bischoff made many comments on it as well....little know fact is thats how he got many wrestlers to jump ship to wcw because they were upset about the whole thing especially Rick rude,

overall everyone knew this was coming sooner or later it was truly history when it happen since then everyone done the "screw job" to death

it will be ok but after this it should just fade away

THE_CRIPPLER
06-24-2011, 03:29 AM
I hope its not a screw job DVD... make no sence to make one, everything has been said and done and we got the perfect ending to this situation on Raw when Bret and Shawn made ammends.

ihearvoices
06-24-2011, 03:38 AM
IMO its big part of wrestling history a DVD is much needed and the fact they have Hbk and Bret and vince to speak on it is a great thing because in the past we heard bits and pieces of the story it be nice to get every one out take of it on 1 DVD

LMPunker
06-24-2011, 03:51 AM
now that the have closure they can talk about about it beginning to the end and then i think thats it leave it in the past stop trying rehash it everytime you wany a face to lose without losing credibility

K-Jammin
06-24-2011, 04:42 AM
I remember Bret saying he never wants to make a penny from the screw job other than his Wrestling With Shadows documentary so im losing abit of respect for Bret to be honest, but then i guess he's match with McMahon at last year's WM was kinda cashing in on it aswell. I can't see what more this DVD can reveal either, pointless IMO.

TheMadThinker
06-24-2011, 04:52 AM
One thing to point out is that there is a whole generation that has no idea what the Montreal screw job is, so maybe WWE is trying to capitalize on it. That being said I cannot imagine anyone other than hardcore fans buying it.

I am always interested to see WWE revisionist history on important wrestling events though. It just gives these forums years more fuel to burn on.

mrfunk
06-24-2011, 05:05 AM
Anyone not realise this could have and probably was a whole work in the first place.

Viper
06-24-2011, 05:37 AM
By making this dvd set, the company are making it look/sound like that the Montreal Screwjob was something good that happened in its history when it is not. If they are willing to go this far just to make some money from it, I don't see why WWE can't push its buttons and make another dvd tribute too Chris Benoit ... What he did in his final day was bad, but hell ... its WWE, they should go ahead and make a dvd for him :p

shambo2k9
06-24-2011, 05:44 AM
bischoff made many comments on it as well....little know fact is thats how he got many wrestlers to jump ship to wcw because they were upset about the whole thing especially Rick rude

If Mick Foley's first book and number one best seller is a little known fact then yes you are correct.

Anyone not realise this could have and probably was a whole work in the first place.

I dont think its a work... I dont think even Andy Kaufman could of pulled that one off.

hankamania83
06-24-2011, 06:25 AM
Shut up Viper...just Shut Up....lol....{j/k}......dont get another thread closed

But, my thing on this dvd is, that yea we may have heard everything and seen all the footage already, but to focus an entire film on just that day or the events leading to that day would be very cool to see what the WWE can come up with.... i mean they havent really made a bad profile film yet have they?? and maybe this dvd will be the full closure, that alot of the "wrestler's" want to see. its a must buy for me. Wrestling with Shadows is probably one of my favorite wrestling films, and to see what WWE will add to the single most dramatic event in WWE history will be super neato dudes haha

jr512
06-24-2011, 07:30 AM
By making this dvd set, the company are making it look/sound like that the Montreal Screwjob was something good that happened in its history when it is not. If they are willing to go this far just to make some money from it, I don't see why WWE can't push its buttons and make another dvd tribute too Chris Benoit ... What he did in his final day was bad, but hell ... its WWE, they should go ahead and make a dvd for him :p

The whole benoit thing is a headache situation look I know what he did was F'N sad and just wrong and wwe had all the right to blacklist him but slowly you're seeing him more on wwe classics on demand but with out them mentioning him I say in given time (about 5 years or more) u will see him on dvds sets matches and documentary on him

jr512
06-24-2011, 07:39 AM
Shut up Viper...just Shut Up....lol....{j/k}......dont get another thread closed

But, my thing on this dvd is, that yea we may have heard everything and seen all the footage already, but to focus an entire film on just that day or the events leading to that day would be very cool to see what the WWE can come up with.... i mean they havent really made a bad profile film yet have they?? and maybe this dvd will be the full closure, that alot of the "wrestler's" want to see. its a must buy for me. Wrestling with Shadows is probably one of my favorite wrestling films, and to see what WWE will add to the single most dramatic event in WWE history will be super neato dudes haha

I agree one thing I want to c on the dvd is the wrestlers who were there said of the story and the aftermath meeting they had all day before raw is war and also undertaker side of the story which not many people don't know (he waited at the parkinglot seconds after it happen so vince wouldn't leave and told him be a man and talk to bret and his sit down with shawn and him thinking about leaving to wcw)

shambo2k9
06-24-2011, 07:52 AM
I agree one thing I want to c on the dvd is the wrestlers who were there said of the story and the aftermath meeting they had all day before raw is war and also undertaker side of the story which not many people don't know (he waited at the parkinglot seconds after it happen so vince wouldn't leave and told him be a man and talk to bret and his sit down with shawn and him thinking about leaving to wcw)

i tottally agree, if they bring anything out of this DVD i hope they bring takers side of things and his story because i personally would love to hear it... also how many walls he punched that night and how many of the other wrestlers ran away from him like little girls lol

Viper
06-24-2011, 07:54 AM
i'm sure i aint the only who's sick of hearing about something that happened almost 15 years ago.

Rockstar83
06-24-2011, 07:57 AM
This is WWE's way of stirring up sh*t thats already has had closure on so they can make some money off it.

this is true

nrb6304
06-24-2011, 08:00 AM
Personally I hope it is a Montreal DVD but I hope its more of a HBK/Bret Hart DVD much like the Austin/Rock DVD coming out. Regardless its an amazing rivalry that SHOULD be historical and told through a DVD. Think of the amazing matches on the dvd. The Wm 12 iron man match, the very first ladder match for the IX title. Maybe even the INYH match with Owen, Bret/Taker at SS 97. The hiac match at Badd Blood and of course the Survivor Series 97 match. Hell even go further with the mini Bret angle. And then wrap it up with the Vince/Bret Wm 27 segment (not calling it a match)

Should br a good dvd

ProWrestlingFan
06-24-2011, 09:20 AM
1 hour of bret hart crying=/

sincara
06-24-2011, 09:47 AM
this dvd is just a moneymaking scheme by vince so the kids knew what hbk and hart shook hands for the other year

monctonvike
06-24-2011, 10:02 AM
I agree its about $ now ...well it always was (for them) no matter who's side you were on then. It might be a very intresting watch but, I tihnk it will be full of old interviews and such that we have seen before. I think I will watch it online someday, but really would be better if they let old wounds heal

Rich Cranium
06-24-2011, 10:21 AM
I will just youtube it or rewatch "Wrestling with Shadows".

BrandonLoopsTV
06-24-2011, 10:37 AM
I really want it to come out, its on what happened and the problems between shawn and bret so that sounds pretty cool

THE_CRIPPLER
06-24-2011, 10:48 AM
This DVD is Not about The Screw Job

This is the history of the Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart Feud, it will start from the beging and work its way up to the screw job then the ammends.

This DVD will Focus on there series of matches, The on screen Feud and Backstage real life problems... This DVD sounds much more interesting.

THE_CRIPPLER
06-24-2011, 10:57 AM

Well honestly Viper it was a great thing for WWE, it brought them alot of attention, i beileve it beat WCW in the ratings the next night cause people wanted to know what happened.... it made Vince the most hated man in wrestling and it invented the Mr Mcmahon charector that was perfect in the Austin Feud, it also help start the attitude era.... So yes it helped Vince win the Monday night war and helped create alotof storylines.

And how Is making someone lose a fake match, For a Fake Championship and sending someone to a company where he make 3 times what he is making at the time for less work, equal to killing a real little boy, a real woman and suicide.

Berserker
06-24-2011, 11:30 AM
The screw job was detailed in the Bret Hart documentary from years ago called Hitman Hart: Wrestling With Shadows. They actually got footage of alot of the behind the scenes stuff with it. That was the turning point that really shows, for the first time, what a snake Vince really is. If you've never seen it watch it. It's available on Netflix.

Siracul
06-24-2011, 01:06 PM
Well honestly Viper it was a great thing for WWE, it brought them alot of attention, i beileve it beat WCW in the ratings the next night cause people wanted to know what happened.... it made Vince the most hated man in wrestling and it invented the Mr Mcmahon charector that was perfect in the Austin Feud, it also help start the attitude era.... So yes it helped Vince win the Monday night war and helped create alotof storylines.

And how Is making someone lose a fake match, For a Fake Championship and sending someone to a company where he make 3 times what he is making at the time for less work, equal to killing a real little boy, a real woman and suicide.

I believe the man was simply referring to the fact that the WWE would do anything for money, which they have proven over the years.

nrb6304
06-24-2011, 03:26 PM
Personally I hope it is a Montreal DVD but I hope its more of a HBK/Bret Hart DVD much like the Austin/Rock DVD coming out. Regardless its an amazing rivalry that SHOULD be historical and told through a DVD. Think of the amazing matches on the dvd. The Wm 12 iron man match, the very first ladder match for the IX title. Maybe even the INYH match with Owen, Bret/Taker at SS 97. The hiac match at Badd Blood and of course the Survivor Series 97 match. Hell even go further with the mini Bret angle. And then wrap it up with the Vince/Bret Wm 27 segment (not calling it a match)

Should br a good dvd

quoted for calling it like 4 hours before it made the newsboard.

NRB6304-1 point
Newsboard-0 points
All of the UWA Fans-1000 points for straight up kicking ass!

THEKEVINBRAND
06-24-2011, 03:42 PM
This comes from a guy who was born in Montreal, I really don't give a two-shits about McMahon!

TakerManiac
06-24-2011, 05:17 PM
for God Sakes it's NOT a Montreal Screwjob DVD

it's a DVD about all Shawn and Bret's matches and feuds

and it INCLUDES the Mntreal Screwjob

THEKEVINBRAND
06-24-2011, 05:21 PM
- Jim Ross revealed on Twitter yesterday evening that he interviewed Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart at WWE headquarters in Stamford, CT for a new WWE DVD that will be coming out in October. Word going around is that the DVD will cover the Montreal Screwjob and the issues between Hart and Michaels.

Ross wrote:

“Spent 5 hrs 2day interviewing HBK & the Hitman 4 Oct DVD. No holds barred talk. Special day 4 me.”

mika009
06-24-2011, 08:11 PM

Thats what I've always thought. Too many things just seemed out of the ordinary and with the camera crew Bret had just happend to be in the right place at the right time. I've seen a ton of interviews and read a lot from people backstage when it happend and everyone believes it so if it was a work it was the best one ever.

hankamania83
06-24-2011, 10:05 PM
Thats what I've always thought. Too many things just seemed out of the ordinary and with the camera crew Bret had just happend to be in the right place at the right time. I've seen a ton of interviews and read a lot from people backstage when it happend and everyone believes it so if it was a work it was the best one ever.

You and MrFunk are out of your mind.... did you watch Wrestling with Shadows?? did you read Bret's book?? did you see the end result?? to say that was a work is THEE DUMBEST THING IVE EVER HEARD.

Viper
06-25-2011, 02:48 AM
i wanna see more hart foundation vs rockers matches on the set

Kashdinero
06-25-2011, 03:01 AM
i wanna see more hart foundation vs rockers matches on the set

The one where the Rockers beat the Harts for the tag titles should definitely be on there. I've always wanted to see how the crowd reacted, firstly, when the ring ropes broke, and secondly, when when Shawn and Marty won the Tag Titles for the first time.

mika009
06-25-2011, 11:10 AM
You and MrFunk are out of your mind.... did you watch Wrestling with Shadows?? did you read Bret's book?? did you see the end result?? to say that was a work is THEE DUMBEST THING IVE EVER HEARD.

Saw Wrestling with Shadows and read Brets book twice and since everyone always tells the truth and everything on tv is real than you are right. The end result you are talking about makes Vince the biggest heel ever. Makes Bret a multi-millionare in WCW. The camera crew with Bret just happens to be there to show how evil Vince is, making the Mr. Mcahon character, and how bad Bret got screwed to make him an even bigger star in WCW. Everyone in on it makes a ton of money and everyone else is taken for a fool for something Vince conjured up. Guess you believed the different times Vince got killed on tv also. If your low enough to fake your death in front of millions for a story why couldn't the Screw Job be another one? I'm not saying it was a work but I can see how it could be.