PDA

View Full Version : 2012 team gb

sincara
06-22-2011, 10:01 AM
who do you think will be in the football team for great britain in london 2012 i think
hart
johnson
terry
jones
bale
carrick
lennon
young
gerrard
rooney
crouch

the-rocks-stunner
06-22-2011, 10:49 AM
not 1 of them above because there only sending championship players and league 1 players because of the euro 2012 and it's to close to the season it was on sky sports news

Juvenile Junkie
06-22-2011, 11:30 AM
Olympic soccer is for U/23's with the exeption of 3 players who may be over aged.Often the european teams send a player who missed out on selection for the European Championships as 1 of the 3,if not all 3.Roy Makaay in 2008 and Andrea Pirlo in 2004 fall into that category.Riquelme was one of Argentina's 3 overaged players in 2008,as was Ronaldinho for Brazil.

The olympic champion should be in the Confederations Cup,just a thought,something different

Juvenile Junkie
06-22-2011, 11:31 AM
so which Italian coach will be coaching this Great Britain team??

Amazing,England bash their football,bash their league,create false and negative stereotypes about their league.yet employ their top coaches.......

the-rocks-stunner
06-22-2011, 11:47 AM
so which Italian coach will be coaching this Great Britain team??

Amazing,England bash their football,bash their league,create false and negative stereotypes about their league.yet employ their top coaches.......

the serie a sucks and MLS to

jordan1995
06-22-2011, 01:08 PM
the austrailian league is the worst footballing league ive ever seen

Juvenile Junkie
06-23-2011, 09:23 AM
EPL is overrated.

the-rocks-stunner
06-23-2011, 09:29 AM
^^^^ *Laughs* for days on end

sincara
06-23-2011, 10:05 AM
Olympic soccer is for U/23's with the exeption of 3 players who may be over aged.Often the european teams send a player who missed out on selection for the European Championships as 1 of the 3,if not all 3.Roy Makaay in 2008 and Andrea Pirlo in 2004 fall into that category.Riquelme was one of Argentina's 3 overaged players in 2008,as was Ronaldinho for Brazil.

The olympic champion should be in the Confederations Cup,just a thought,something different

no team gb just havent entered a team since the 60s

Juvenile Junkie
06-25-2011, 01:08 PM
its for under 23's,bar 3 players who may be overaged.

eboy
06-25-2011, 03:26 PM
who do you think will be in the football team for great britain in london 2012 i think
hart
johnson
terry
jones
bale
carrick
lennon
young
gerrard
rooney
crouch

what he said below

EPL is overrated.

i want a little clear bag of what you've been on

Juvenile Junkie
06-26-2011, 07:35 AM
what? Olympic Football is U/23,sunshine,everybody and their uncle knows that.

Luckily the football world has a term for such people.................A PREMFACE

Premface – An English Premier League fan who knows absolutely nothing about any football outside of Great Britain. A 'premface' will often repeat stereotypes such as “Italy is a corrupt retirement home that plays catenaccio”, Germans are “efficient” and must “never be written off”, Argies are “cheats” and foreigners “are all divers”. To indulge in 'premfacery' would be to label the Three Lions as “favourites” before every World Cup, and then declare your astonishment at how they could be hammered 4-1 by a country from whom “only one player would make the England team”. Most importantly, a 'premface' repeats at least 80 times a day that the EPL is the “best league in the world” and that any player – Pele and Maradona included – is “unproven unless he has played in England”. Famous premfaced quotes include, "I've never heard of Alexandre Pato" (Jamie Redknapp - 2009), "Spain won't win the World Cup, they only have Fernando Tourez" (Talksport caller - 2010), and "It was madness sacking Steve McClaren for Fabio Capello" (journalist Patrick Barclay - 2008).

i

Juvenile Junkie
06-26-2011, 07:40 AM
Ah,yes,Premface's believe La Liga is a 2 team league,despite having more winners than the EPL and having won 4 out of the last 8 UEFA Europa Leagues,3 of the last 6 UCL's.......

Premfacers see nothing wrong with Man City or Cheslea,But Florentino Perez's commercial success story known as Los Galacticos is the scum of the earth,a call for transfer and budget limits despite Real Madrid being the most commercially succesfull club on the planet

Juvenile Junkie
06-26-2011, 07:41 AM
ah lets not forget that Messi,Kaka,Iniesta,Pato and IbrAhimovic are unproven until they play in the EPL.......

TheBeardOfZeus
06-26-2011, 10:25 AM
what? Olympic Football is U/23,sunshine,everybody and their uncle knows that.

Luckily the football world has a term for such people.................A PREMFACE

Premface – An English Premier League fan who knows absolutely nothing about any football outside of Great Britain. A 'premface' will often repeat stereotypes such as “Italy is a corrupt retirement home that plays catenaccio”, Germans are “efficient” and must “never be written off”, Argies are “cheats” and foreigners “are all divers”. To indulge in 'premfacery' would be to label the Three Lions as “favourites” before every World Cup, and then declare your astonishment at how they could be hammered 4-1 by a country from whom “only one player would make the England team”. Most importantly, a 'premface' repeats at least 80 times a day that the EPL is the “best league in the world” and that any player – Pele and Maradona included – is “unproven unless he has played in England”. Famous premfaced quotes include, "I've never heard of Alexandre Pato" (Jamie Redknapp - 2009), "Spain won't win the World Cup, they only have Fernando Tourez" (Talksport caller - 2010), and "It was madness sacking Steve McClaren for Fabio Capello" (journalist Patrick Barclay - 2008).
i

Ah,yes,Premface's believe La Liga is a 2 team league,despite having more winners than the EPL and having won 4 out of the last 8 UEFA Europa Leagues,3 of the last 6 UCL's.......

Premfacers see nothing wrong with Man City or Cheslea,But Florentino Perez's commercial success story known as Los Galacticos is the scum of the earth,a call for transfer and budget limits despite Real Madrid being the most commercially succesfull club on the planet

ah lets not forget that Messi,Kaka,Iniesta,Pato and IbrAhimovic are unproven until they play in the EPL.......

Little Jimmy, I have watched all of the european leagues, and while some have their moments, the EPL is the very best.

No other league is as fast paced, can attract a consistent level of high quality talent to a lot of teams, and yet be the most physical league.

Ask players who have just played their first season here, they say it's tough, and even great players like Forlan, Shevcheko and a list of other players just couldn't adapt to the style.

We all detest the way Man City and Chelsea are taken over and spend whatever money they desire to attempt to win the league and european competitions. What we do enjoy is the fact that we can see great players play for this team, it doesn't mean we don't get ridiculously annoyed by them ruining the transfer market.

You then employ that we hate every league going, when some are magnificent. I adore the Bundesliga, it's very entertaining and the German national side are not only very efficent but are always up there. Now, you will pick that up as stereotypical, but this does not mean they are very creative, and have some real flair and excitement in their team also. And the same for Italy, look at the likes of Cavani this season, who has lit up the league, and I have enjoyed him doing so. Young talents such as Andrea Poli, Alexis Sanchez and Javier Pastore all ply their trade in Serie A and are all massive potential talents. The La Liga is a two team league in terms of challenging for the title, but they do have great teams such as Valencia, Villareal, Sevilla, Atlethico Madrid and now potentially Malaga, who all have some great players in their ranks.

If you think the English see ourselves as favourites every world cup, you are incredibly deluded. We always feel as if we will get to a stage were we will most likely crash and burn. I'd have been pleased with the Quaters or Semi's last year, but we were dreadful and came up against a brilliant German side.

And of course the players above are proven to be brilliant, but every league is different. You can have a lot of time in La Liga, the Italian League can be overly defensive, the German league can get incredibly scrappy and the English came can ignite or be an absolute bore. To state that we feel Messi is not proven until he plays in England is ridiculous, he is the best player of our time, a magnificent player and would be excellent in the EPL.

Have you watched the EPL? I didn't think so, because your judgement of our narrow-mindedness exploits your own.

Juvenile Junkie
06-26-2011, 11:14 AM
One ticked off premfacer......

TheBeardOfZeus
06-26-2011, 01:15 PM
One ticked off premfacer......

You mean, one true football fan.

Juvenile Junkie
06-27-2011, 10:14 AM
Ya I'll give you credit,you definatly sound like a guy who follows the 4 big leagues....

I see you mentioned Napoli earlier,I rate they could be the Spurs/Schalke of this season,the trident of Cavani/Lavezzi and Hamsik has sooo much potential......

TheBeardOfZeus
06-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Ya I'll give you credit,you definatly sound like a guy who follows the 4 big leagues....

I see you mentioned Napoli earlier,I rate they could be the Spurs/Schalke of this season,the trident of Cavani/Lavezzi and Hamsik has sooo much potential......

Are you Italian then? Guessing from your posts? I do enjoy Serie A, it can be a hell more entertaining than people give it credit for.

In my opinion, Napoli have the grounds to not be in that category. A very good set up in Cavani/Lavezzi/Hamsik, but also support from players such as Maggio and a very good keeper in De Santics(SP) they could be so much better. If you are Italian, do you know how much Napoli have in the bank?

Juvenile Junkie
06-28-2011, 04:29 AM
no not Italian.Just grew up in the nineties watching Serie A with Italy having 7 top teams,sadly no other league has come close since,7 geniune title contenders,7 teams who could compete in all the European competitions,so got into it then and followed it........

I know their owner is a TV Tycoon who's company produces all the local soaps,tv series etc,ya their a tad laoded,plus one of the few teams who can fill their home stadium,have busses of fans who go to away games.AND A FOOTBALL CLUB WHO MAKE A PROFIT WITHOUT PLAYING CHAMPIONS LEAGUE(a lesson to all who think its impossible)And their formation is a breath of fresh air to football,all this 4-4-2,4-5-1 is so common.

Maggio is underrated,the problem with wing backs or half backs is people only look at their attacking threat(bale,Roberto Carlos,Dani Alvez when he was younger) Maggio has the balance of Attack and Defence,should he play as a Wing Back or the convential role.