PDA

View Full Version : STATE OF THE 'E: Dropping The Ball?

Rated_R(ob)KO
06-22-2011, 01:49 AM
NOTE: THIS IS A BLOG WAITING FOR APPROVAL! I'M JUST POSTING HERE TO GET EARLY FEEDBACK!

"Dropping The Ball" is a phrase commonly used when people feel (especially within the IWC.) that something was handled wrong. A play, A person, A remake, anything that was "wrong". The thing is, the IWC is one of the quickest people to draw that card.

When a Wrestler is on TV for a few weeks and then disappears, all of a sudden he's on SuperStars... BAM!

"WWE DROPPED THE BALL!!!!!"
"AHHHHH THEY'RE SO STUPID!!"
"F**K WWE!!!!"

Those are the most common responses when they're current favorite doesn't get a title shot, or is on TV religiously. It needs to stop. I know that my one little blog here won't make a dent in the thought process of many of the people here but personally, I think it's going way too far.

Zack Ryder
Yoshi Tatsu
Evan Bourne
Drew McIntyre
Chris Masters
Primo
Chavo

And many, many others. It's always been something that I kind of found fascinating that people are quick to yell foul and complain. Did anyone ever think that these people aren't being pushed simply because they don't have everything that VKM is looking for? (Or Haitch for that matter.) I mean in the case of just Ryder and Masters alone, Ryder is a great promo and great at getting crowds riled up and going but, his in ring work is still just about as good as anyone elses. He doesn't stick out (Then again many stars don't nowdays.) when it comes to ring prowess. And now with Masters, he's a big guy and has just as much ring skill as Ryder but, he sucks at promos.

See?

The reason why people like CM Punk, Orton, Cena, Michaels, Austin, Hogan, Hart, and many others in the top spots are there. They can cut promos, wrestle good (Except for Cena's proported "5 Moves Of Doom".) and have the crowd in their hands. That's what its all about. The whole package. Not many people have it nowadays and that's something that really needs to be worked on. The Indies are slowly developing into a Territory system all of its own and not to mention how the Internet is coming into effect with people developing their characters.

Just give it time people. If they're meant to have the limelight, they will. I'm a huge Wade Barrett fan but, I'm not on any site bitching to the IWC about him losing the Intercontinental Championship to someone I feel is nowhere near as good as Barrett. But I digress, we all have ways of how we handle things I just think that people need to dial it back when it comes to people not getting the "push" that they feel their guys deserve.

As usual, leave some comments.

TheRockerGother
06-22-2011, 02:06 AM
Lol this is out of topic kinda but just like Vladimir Kozlov went from being a main eventer on Smackdown to a comical character.Awh

Rated_R(ob)KO
06-22-2011, 02:16 AM
Lol this is out of topic kinda but just like Vladimir Kozlov went from being a main eventer on Smackdown to a comical character.Awh

That's actually a good example truthfully.

ihearvoices
06-22-2011, 02:32 AM
I see what you talking about but i really dont get how alot of people on the internet consider their self fans of WWE when everytime i turn around they are bashing the product and saying how they dislike it so much...You would think you guys hate WWE the way you always bashing it and disagreeing with every choice they make

Rated_R(ob)KO
06-22-2011, 02:41 AM
I see what you talking about but i really dont get how alot of people on the internet consider their self fans of WWE when everytime i turn around they are bashing the product and saying how they dislike it so much...You would think you guys hate WWE the way you always bashing it and disagreeing with every choice they make

Doon't lumpme in with them like that lol. I defend THE 'E as much as possible. But, when they do stupid shit I call them out on it ya' know? Simple as that really. I love THE 'E and always will. I like other promotions as well but, they'll always be my first. I've loved watching them grow and evolve and I will continue to do so until it's gone.

TheRockerGother
06-22-2011, 02:46 AM

People don't hate the product they hate the choices they make sometimes an example would be when Christian lost the World Heavyweight Champion just 2 days after his PPV TV wise it would be like 5 days.

ihearvoices
06-22-2011, 03:43 AM
People don't hate the product they hate the choices they make sometimes an example would be when Christian lost the World Heavyweight Champion just 2 days after his PPV TV wise it would be like 5 days.

i understand that but i dont get when people come on here and complain over and over again about the same stuff like they dont understand how WWE works....As far as dropping the ball no matter what WWE does they will always be dropping the ball to someone simply because the superstar they like the most isnt being pushed or isnt being pushed in the way they would like.....If WWE listen to every single fan then Every superstar would be Maineventers and every superstar would be champions.

TheRockerGother
06-22-2011, 03:54 AM
i understand that but i dont get when people come on here and complain over and over again about the same stuff like they dont understand how WWE works....As far as dropping the ball no matter what WWE does they will always be dropping the ball to someone simply because the superstar they like the most isnt being pushed or isnt being pushed in the way they would like.....If WWE listen to every single fan then Every superstar would be Maineventers and every superstar would be champions.

Lol very good point you can't always have everything but every wrestle fan complains about something we all have different opinions so it makes it tough and release those angry feelings towards threads and such.It's a never ending cycle like I've once said watch wrestling for what it is not for what you want it to be.

ihearvoices
06-22-2011, 04:18 AM
Lol very good point you can't always have everything but every wrestle fan complains about something we all have different opinions so it makes it tough and release those angry feelings towards threads and such.It's a never ending cycle like I've once said watch wrestling for what it is not for what you want it to be.

yeah i agree i believe if the Internet fans can understand the position the wwe is in right now they wouldn't be making post about WWE dropping the ball.

Rated_R(ob)KO
06-22-2011, 04:34 AM
yeah i agree i believe if the Internet fans can understand the position the wwe is in right now they wouldn't be making post about WWE dropping the ball.

Waitaminute, is that directed to me?

ELNIOJR
06-22-2011, 07:00 AM
I Just wanna point out that, indeed this "THE 'E" thing in every Post, is getting kinda Boring! Dont get me WRONG man! Im just expressing myself :cool:

AOF666
06-22-2011, 12:39 PM
It's not that they drop the ball, it's more like they changed their formula on how they did things. It worked in the 80's and 90's and 2000's before they became pg again.

chunkkynutzzz
06-22-2011, 01:57 PM
The E is What we All Watch...period.
There's Nothing we can do or say to change what The E does or wants to do Next.
And I'm A True Wrestling Fan that watches everything and I jjust love it regardless what I would like.
Cm Punk should be Champ but he is not,I wish dolph ziggler had better mic skills just like morrison but he doesn't.
I wish Cena was more creative with his movesets but he is not.
So fuck it and Enjoy The E while we can say ,I'm a fan.

ihearvoices
06-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Waitaminute, is that directed to me?

Not personally to you its more of a general statement to everyone on the site....

Daniel Bryan
06-22-2011, 10:28 PM
It's not that they drop the ball, it's more like they changed their formula on how they did things. It worked in the 80's and 90's and 2000's before they became pg again.

are you really bringing the pg thing into this?

@Rated_R(ob)K)
well said i think i will take wat you said and say this... the wwe dropped the ball by not making al snow champion a long time ago and even now lol :)

JohnnyV123
06-23-2011, 04:31 AM
I've always thought of the IWC as sports coaches and the wrestling companies as our players (including creative and the actual wrestlers). We watch them play the game (put on a show) then based on their play (what happens in the show) we critique and criticize and have suggestions how to get better and make the show better. Even if we're harsh at times deep down we all want them to be the best.

Just like a coach who sees his players mess up the same way over and over, the IWC get frustrated seeing the same gimmicks, the same Cena match over and over, great talent not being pushed, etc.