PDA

View Full Version : Chris Masters

Viper
06-21-2011, 11:58 PM
Anybody feel this guy is deserving of a push? He's been with the company since 2005 and we've seen him rise & fall, take on some of the best talent but now he's gone so low to become a star/jobber on Superstars.

What do you think?

I personally think he should be in the MITB ladder Match, just to get some TV/PPV time :o

zapphoman
06-22-2011, 12:02 AM
The only problem I have seen with Chris Masters is not being able to cut a promo. Then again, he has only been on superstars and for some reason I don't get the channel that has superstars so I can't say he can cut a promo or not due to the fact I haven't been able to see him cut a promo. Other than that I think he is a decent wrestler that can get the crowd excited.

VanHooliganX
06-22-2011, 12:37 AM
His current role in WWE is WWE dropping the ball on someone who is pretty decent.
Best 2 examples of people not being used well at all is him and Zack Ryder.

cainecollin
06-22-2011, 12:37 AM
The only problem I have seen with Chris Masters is not being able to cut a promo. Then again, he has only been on superstars and for some reason I don't get the channel that has superstars so I can't say he can cut a promo or not due to the fact I haven't been able to see him cut a promo. Other than that I think he is a decent wrestler that can get the crowd excited.

Superstars is on WWE.com (and Youtube/Hulu)

Also, I could've sworn I read something about Masters gettign a push sometime after mania, and that never happened :(

Viper
06-22-2011, 12:50 AM
His current role in WWE is WWE dropping the ball on someone who is pretty decent.
Best 2 examples of people not being used well at all is him and Zack Ryder.

I personally don't find Zack Ryder all that interesting. He's only getting all this attention thru his youtube clips. Guys like Yoshi Tatsu, Primo, Santino Marella (he's actually a good wrestler) and Chris Masters are the only guys on Superstars who can actually work a good match are more deserving of a push.

VanHooliganX
06-22-2011, 12:54 AM
I agree with you on Yoshi, Primo and Santino (I say the same thing to my friends but the Kobra is very strong at making him look dumb) needing a good push as well.

But I really liked Ryder when he was under Edges wing and I think he's better in the ring than certain people on Raw currently.

Snair
06-22-2011, 01:02 AM
Ryder has the look, mic skill and decent inring ability to labeled as a total package.On topic Masters has been producing some decent matches on superstars as off late, it would be interesting to see him in a US/Intercontinental title feud.

THE_CRIPPLER
06-22-2011, 01:02 AM
I seen Santino Wrestle before the comedy stuff, he wasnt very good at all, he is passable at times..... Yoshi tatsu doesnt really interest me to much but i havent seen what he can do..... primo doesnt really interest me, i seen him have a decent ammount of time to have a good match and he didnt..... look at how he did in the Sinn Cara match.

Chris Masters has potential.... i think with some changing, (gimmick and finisher) and adding some more impactful moves to his aresonal, he can be a huge star...... Masters has a Great look, he is improving and he has a great ring presence.... I think he deserves a push over Ryder also.

jordan1995
06-22-2011, 01:17 AM
I seen Santino Wrestle before the comedy stuff, he wasnt very good at all, he is passable at times..... Yoshi tatsu doesnt really interest me to much but i havent seen what he can do..... primo doesnt really interest me, i seen him have a decent ammount of time to have a good match and he didnt..... look at how he did in the Sinn Cara match.

Chris Masters has potential.... i think with some changing, (gimmick and finisher) and adding some more impactful moves to his aresonal, he can be a huge star...... Masters has a Great look, he is improving and he has a great ring presence.... I think he deserves a push over Ryder also.

i think primo is a good wrestler and is actually qiute entertaining

MrzigglesFTW!
06-22-2011, 03:27 AM
Wasn't Masters set to get a push after mania?. vince seemed to like him, i mean he was given a 14week win streak on superstars

Viper
06-22-2011, 03:55 AM
Wasn't Masters set to get a push after mania?. vince seemed to like him, i mean he was given a 14week win streak on superstars

a streak on superstars dont mean f**k all!

vinny mac at one point wanted chris masters to be the number 1 guy in the company before he started failing drug tests & being on & off with the company.

PrimusSucks
06-22-2011, 04:08 AM

vinny mac at one point wanted chris masters to be the number 1 guy in the company before he started failing drug tests & being on & off with the company.

He wasn't even a good wrestler then, he has improved so much since then it is like looking at a before and after picture.

MrzigglesFTW!
06-22-2011, 05:06 AM

well a win streak on superstars could showcase his ability and get him a regular on his show.

monctonvike
06-22-2011, 07:46 AM
I don't usually watch superstarts so I was happy to hear that chris masters still had a job

Y2Jryder
06-22-2011, 08:54 AM
And he needs a finisher.
The masterlock is cool but he needs another one.

Russo swerve
06-22-2011, 09:01 AM

Dont believe everything u read junior

VKM
06-22-2011, 12:16 PM
And he needs a finisher.
The masterlock is cool but he needs another one.

His other finisher should be a full nelson Slam. Since he's powerful, it could look like it deals a lot of pain to the opponent.

jordan1995
06-22-2011, 12:59 PM
His other finisher should be a full nelson Slam. Since he's powerful, it could look like it deals a lot of pain to the opponent.

yeah or a suplex of some sort

Viper
06-22-2011, 06:58 PM
i could see chris masters using the torture rack as finishing move.

Tommy Thunder
06-22-2011, 07:02 PM

Unlikely, as Jinder Mahal has been given that finisher.

i could see chris masters using the torture rack as finishing move.

Big Zeke is using that one.

I think he should be using the Jackhammer as a finisher. He uses it sometimes as a regular move, but it could be used as a finisher IMO. Or how about the Spear? I have no problem with the Masterlock as a finisher, as the way Masters does it (swinging the opponent) makes it look quite painful. But he needs an impact finisher to go with it.

maar13
06-22-2011, 08:23 PM
The issue I see here is that they put him back on raw, and it is the same with Drew, Raw is too crowded and Smackdown right now is depleeted. If He wre at Smackdown a good way to push him to casual viewers would have been a victory over Khali, Khali sucks but a victory by raw power would have been good for Chris, but on raw even midcard is crowded.

Viper
06-22-2011, 10:11 PM
Big Zeke is using that one.

I think he should be using the Jackhammer as a finisher. He uses it sometimes as a regular move, but it could be used as a finisher IMO. Or how about the Spear? I have no problem with the Masterlock as a finisher, as the way Masters does it (swinging the opponent) makes it look quite painful. But he needs an impact finisher to go with it.

Just because Ezekiel Jackson is using the torture rack doesn't mean Chris Masters cannot. When Goldberg started using the spear, Edge ended up doing the move as his finisher as well. Then few years ago guys like Batista & Bobby Lashley started doing the spear as a normal move. Now it's a move done by pretty much anybody. Booker T was allowed to keep doing the Rock Bottom even though it was The Rock's finishing move.

maar13
06-23-2011, 04:30 PM
Just because Ezekiel Jackson is using the torture rack doesn't mean Chris Masters cannot. When Goldberg started using the spear, Edge ended up doing the move as his finisher as well. Then few years ago guys like Batista & Bobby Lashley started doing the spear as a normal move. Now it's a move done by pretty much anybody. Booker T was allowed to keep doing the Rock Bottom even though it was The Rock's finishing move.

In part you are right but Edge didn't used the Spear as his finisher until 2000, he used to have the Downward Spiral as finisher during that time and the Edge-o-matic. Also, Goldberg and Edge were at different companies at the time. Your point with Lashley and Batista is good with Lashley using it more like a finisher and Batista as a trademark move (He used it as a finisher on the indies).

I think maybe the Torture Rack would be good if it could lead to a feud with Jackson, somethign they failed with Lashley. This time really pushing the power of both, Masters can move better and is not slow so it ould lead to something very interesting if done properly.