PDA

View Full Version : Is The Internet The New Territory System??

Rated_R(ob)KO
06-21-2011, 12:16 PM
It feels like all of the Superstars are taking to YouTube and Twitter to craft their art. They're not really allowed to be themselves on National television and some have been feuding online as a way to further themselves.

Can this turn out good or bad? I mean, we see what's happened to Ryder and Melina for voicing their opinions. Not to mention when they openly have conversations with Wrestlers from other organizations and all... it just seems to get them in trouble more than anything else. Hell, even Cena has gotten in trouble with things said on Twitter... and not to mention that's how THE 'E is continuing the feud between Cena and The Rock with The Rock like, never being there.

I know this is how they're getting their point across and how they're getting better with their promos and all but 2 things come to mind:

1.) Will it hurt them?

2.) How bad is it backstage that they have to resort to this?

Any opinions would be appreciated.

thejman93
06-21-2011, 12:22 PM
Cool thread.

I think any kind of social media is dangerous because you say tuff on Twitter (or the EWN for that matter) that you wouldn't say to someone's face. I'm sure Vince is getting more amore tubborn the older he gets so this might be the only way for guys to express themselves.

Rated_R(ob)KO
06-21-2011, 12:29 PM
That's what I fear. And it seems like the majority of them that are doing it are getting pushed to the way side. It's documented already that Vince doesn't like the Internet and with them having access to stuff like this now, I'm sure he's gotten some sort of team together to monitor their actions.

S.E. Zero
06-21-2011, 01:31 PM
1.) Will it hurt them?

2.) How bad is it backstage that they have to resort to this?

Any opinions would be appreciated.

1. I dont think it will hurt them, just their career and given that if you're in a high enough place in the company any mistake or trouble you get into while in Twitter or Youtube or just your plain personal life is usually forgiven. Look at the prime examples over the past few months, from Cena and Cole using gay slang (Cena on his ''comeback'' to the Rock promos on the road to the WrestleMania or Cole's tweet to Josh Matthews saying he was a queer or a faggot (I cant really remember)) to Truth's smoking on TV to Riley's DUI and whatnot. Like I said if you're in a high enough place in your career where you're needed or they have big plans for you or whatever, these type of things are usually forgiven.

2. Of course its that bad man, you have the most ridiculous work schedule anyone could have working 300+ days a year, traveling nonstop across the country (not to mention the international tours they do), bringing ''entertainment'' through the physical action people call wrestling that takes its toll on the body given how long you've been in the business look at Edge as the prime example and then theres the fact that you're sometimes demanded to stay in characters outside of regular TV programming when fans approach you or you're doing an interview and not allowed to be yourself or speak your own mind. Of course they need an outlet to let out all the frustation, stress and tension that comes from working in the WWE.

It cant be stopped the best they can do is just think twice doing anything bad like drinking while driving or write and post whatever they wanna let out and soon they did erase within .09999999 seconds so the fans nor the WWE gets wind of what was said or done.

AOF666
06-21-2011, 01:52 PM
Whether Vince likes it or not, the internet is the new age. It can go both ways. Some wrestlers became a fan favorite, but it hasn't help them much. Ryder is being chanted all the time, Vince is smart enough knows he can't afford to ignore. It is just a matter when and how long Vince is willing to hold off. The fans helped Jeff Hardy and Tommy Dreamer, so it will help others. Also it doesn't help because Vince does not like to be told that he is wrong. He wants complete control. He wants to tell the fans who should they cheer for and when. With the internet he doesn't have much conrol with that anymore. I don't know if anyone else notice but I noticed alot of wrestlers that have fans on the internet are being punished or held back.

eboy
06-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Twitter & Youtube is all good in the Case of Zack Ryder the attention he's gained through the IWC is slowly being recognised and should lead to a push where as without it Zack Ryder would have been forgot about and Probs releashed