PDA

View Full Version : Cm Punk's "monumental" event.

Gameover
06-20-2011, 03:52 PM
From main page:

"CM Punk is something "monumental" on tonight's 3-hour "Power To The People" edition of WWE RAW. CM Punk wrote on his Facebook page today:

"Last night at Capitol Punishment, I not only defeated Rey Mysterio, I also vowed to perform the most honest act in WWE history. Join me on tonight's Power to the People episode of Monday Night Raw, and witness the genesis of something monumental."

It has been widely reported that CM Punk will be leaving WWE when his WWE contract expires this summer. Since making the above announcement on Facebook earlier today, Punk's Facebook page has been bombarded with fan comments telling him not to leave WWE."

So what do you think he is going to do ? :)

RomanFlare
06-20-2011, 03:52 PM
Deliver a shoot promo until security runs in and carrys him out!

CGBigMan
06-20-2011, 03:54 PM
Say he does leave WWE i dont think TNA is the place to go even though it would probably pickup if he joined
that leaves him with ROH which tbh is probably the better move

Automatic
06-20-2011, 03:54 PM
I'm expecting the worst:(.

Tommy Thunder
06-20-2011, 03:58 PM
He's announcing that he's leaving.
I don't think Punk's going anywhere else though. I think he's just going to take time off, like Jericho did a few years back. He'll be back in WWE eventually.

THE_CRIPPLER
06-20-2011, 03:58 PM
CM Punk is geting a push to challenge John Cena at MITB, so expect something to start a feud with cena tonight.... the plan as it looks is to have CM Punk main event against John Cena before taking a break for a little while before resigning (Punk isnt signing with any other company), it will be similar to when Jericho got a feud with Cena over the title at SummerSlam then took a break from wrestling.

jordan1995
06-20-2011, 04:01 PM
if he leavees pleeeeeeeeaaaasssseeee tna :)

TheBeardOfZeus
06-20-2011, 04:08 PM

He's much, much bigger than TNA now.

All I can see is the idea of him getting a title shot, and then possibly leaving.

We will just have to wait and see.

dres1214
06-20-2011, 04:08 PM
^^Makes Angry Face^^
If anything Punk will go back to ROH. But let's be realistic here, maybe he just wants a break from the traveling and nourish his nagging injuries.
But we can speculate and say what we think it is, but lets be real maybe its part of a storyline.

the-rocks-stunner
06-20-2011, 04:11 PM
he announces him and mason ryan are adopting

RomanFlare
06-20-2011, 04:12 PM
he announces him and Batistwo are adopting

Really? Then congratulations to them! *clappity clap clap*

Lowki
06-20-2011, 04:13 PM
He is going to set up something with John Cena...or set himself on fire and juggle lawnmower blades.

the-rocks-stunner
06-20-2011, 04:16 PM
Really? Then congratualtions to them! *clappity clap clap*

i heard they want a 4 year old boy but cannot confirm

*Advertisement* click here to see the toddler is he hot? *YES* *Advertisement*

68wPayne
06-20-2011, 04:16 PM
Everyone knows he is going to announce that tonight is a celebration for beating Rey Mysterio and he is celebrating by kicking back, drinking a few beers, and smoking a fatty.

samehhh
06-20-2011, 04:38 PM

No Chance in Hell

ELNIOJR
06-20-2011, 04:42 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vxiQ9JCKvE

TNA 'The very best'
06-20-2011, 04:49 PM
CM Punk is geting a push to challenge John Cena at MITB, so expect something to start a feud with cena tonight.... the plan as it looks is to have CM Punk main event against John Cena before taking a break for a little while before resigning (Punk isnt signing with any other company), it will be similar to when Jericho got a feud with Cena over the title at SummerSlam then took a break from wrestling.

Is this a guess or are you actually telling us this is what is happening, if so how do you know this, are you a WWE employee??

TNA 'The very best'
06-20-2011, 04:50 PM
Deliver a shoot promo until security runs in and carrys him out!

I would love this so much

THE_CRIPPLER
06-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Is this a guess or are you actually telling us this is what is happening, if so how do you know this, are you a WWE employee??

A prediction

TheRockerGother
06-20-2011, 04:58 PM
He's much, much bigger than TNA now.

All I can see is the idea of him getting a title shot, and then possibly leaving.

We will just have to wait and see.

If he's much much much bigger then that helps TNA :).
But no really I just think it's going to be like he's getting a title shot or he's finally going to say his father was a Nazi (jk jk) lol but he does look like one with that hairstyle no lie.

Rokudo
06-20-2011, 05:02 PM
Maybe he will beat the hell out of the nexus all by himself with chairs and stuff, turn face (because wwe need every single face they can get, since most young stars are heel) and then start a feud with someone big (Cena, VKM etc)

Rokudo
06-20-2011, 05:05 PM
Punk would never go to the stinky pharmacy that is a TNA locker room, no hating :)

jhorton1215
06-20-2011, 05:06 PM
CM Punk is unpredictable. You never know what he has in store...

And in my opinion, he's too smart to go to TNA. He's not a fan of the either Hardy, and I'm pretty sure he's not going to work for Hogan or Bischoff.

TNA 'The very best'
06-20-2011, 05:07 PM
A prediction

Well then my friend i hope your wrong, well actually more i hope your wrong about him leaving and less wrong about feuding with Cena, altho it has been done and i would like Cena just to fuck off and give punk the belt and Cena go hide under a stone for 6 months to a year.

ihearvoices
06-20-2011, 05:20 PM
I really feel bad for alot of people who are reading too much into his tweet you might find yourself very disappointed when its all said and done

THE_CRIPPLER
06-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Well then my friend i hope your wrong, well actually more i hope your wrong about him leaving and less wrong about feuding with Cena, altho it has been done and i would like Cena just to fuck off and give punk the belt and Cena go hide under a stone for 6 months to a year.

Yeah i dont predict what i want to happen just what i think is going to happen, and it seems pretty logical considering how things are comming togther.... i really doubt WWE will let him give a "I'm leaving spech" without jobbing him out....

but its a shoe in that SS main event will be Del Rio and Cena, weather he uses Money in the Bank to get the title shot or he is just granted one, it looks like Del Rio will be next champion... it be dumb to have Cena Have the Belt at WM 28 since It will make the out come of his match with the Rock way to predictable.

THE_CRIPPLER
06-20-2011, 05:24 PM
I really feel bad for alot of people who are reading too much into his tweet you might find yourself very disappointed when its all said and done

not me.... Cause I doubt anything huge will really happen.... Interesting maybe, but Something Huge that will turn wrestling around, Very doubtful.

RomanFlare
06-20-2011, 05:37 PM
Random BS: He's announcing Zack Ryder as his successor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CobraNightviper
06-20-2011, 05:38 PM
well I guess we have to wait and see damn it.

TNA 'The very best'
06-20-2011, 05:41 PM
Yeah i dont predict what i want to happen just what i think is going to happen, and it seems pretty logical considering how things are comming togther.... i really doubt WWE will let him give a "I'm leaving spech" without jobbing him out....

but its a shoe in that SS main event will be Del Rio and Cena, weather he uses Money in the Bank to get the title shot or he is just granted one, it looks like Del Rio will be next champion... it be dumb to have Cena Have the Belt at WM 28 since It will make the out come of his match with the Rock way to predictable.

I agree, Cena should not have won the title until atleast Nov/Dec/Jan time if they wanted him to have the title at WM28 but if he does then it will make it so predictable that he will win or the Rock will win by DQ or something, Altho i would love The Rock to win the title at WM28 just to shock everyone and then have a tournament start the next night on Raw for a new champion.

THE_CRIPPLER
06-20-2011, 05:57 PM
I agree, Cena should not have won the title until atleast Nov/Dec/Jan time if they wanted him to have the title at WM28 but if he does then it will make it so predictable that he will win or the Rock will win by DQ or something, Altho i would love The Rock to win the title at WM28 just to shock everyone and then have a tournament start the next night on Raw for a new champion.

Like i told my brother today, people are gonna order Maina for the Rock and Cena match, no matter who you are. all wrestling fans eyes are gonna be glued to the screen..... What a way to get over the young talent like Morrison, Ziggler, Punk, Daniels, Barette and so on by sticking them in important title matches..... This Wrestlemania could make the 2 huge stars by putting them in title matches..... That way they wont the worry about Bringing in the PPV buys cause Rock and cena got that covered, all they got to do is make people notice them by putting on excellent matches and trying to steal the show.... Even if they fail, point is People are gonna order it for the rock and Cena.... Its like putting on a fresh new sitcom in the 90's after Seinfeld, You know they will have the audience and if the product is good you just made your next money making sitcom (Friends).... its a smart move in any bussiness.

LMPunker
06-20-2011, 06:08 PM
all i'll say about this is that i do love the mystery and the speculation cant remember a 24 hours from a ppv to raw with this much speculation in such a longtime which i think says alot about punks delivery of that promo last night

thejman93
06-20-2011, 06:15 PM
all i'll say about this is that i do love the mystery and the speculation cant remember a 24 hours from a ppv to raw with this much speculation in such a longtime which i think says alot about punks delivery of that promo last night

Agreed, the best part of professional wrestling is the suprises.

Hobbinator
06-20-2011, 06:24 PM
Look for a build up to Summer Slam, three way loser leaves WWE between Cena, Truth and Punk..Punk will lose but don't worry, he will be back, probably in time for WM

TNA 'The very best'
06-20-2011, 06:25 PM
Like i told my brother today, people are gonna order Maina for the Rock and Cena match, no matter who you are. all wrestling fans eyes are gonna be glued to the screen..... What a way to get over the young talent like Morrison, Ziggler, Punk, Daniels, Barette and so on by sticking them in important title matches..... This Wrestlemania could make the 2 huge stars by putting them in title matches..... That way they wont the worry about Bringing in the PPV buys cause Rock and cena got that covered, all they got to do is make people notice them by putting on excellent matches and trying to steal the show.... Even if they fail, point is People are gonna order it for the rock and Cena.... Its like putting on a fresh new sitcom in the 90's after Seinfeld, You know they will have the audience and if the product is good you just made your next money making sitcom (Friends).... its a smart move in any bussiness.

WM28 headlined by Cena Vs Rock / Taker Vs Y2J / Wade Vs Shamus Vs Christian WHC / Morrison Vs either Ziggler, Punk, Truth, Miz even A-Ry WWE title, this is what I would love to see.

johnnydropkicks
06-20-2011, 06:43 PM
If Punk does leave WWE I'd rather see him go to ROH than TNA.

Rockstar83
06-20-2011, 07:08 PM
I wounder what it could be...

nafeesgreat1
06-20-2011, 07:12 PM
Well Just a wild guess nothin serious,,His monumental announcement can b a Challenge to Stone Cold Steve Austin 4 a match @ WM28,,,wowww woulnt that b big if it happens,,,,,

SilverGhost
06-20-2011, 07:12 PM
Punk and TNA isn't happening.

Punk and ROH is very possible.

Kiss My Ass Club Member
06-20-2011, 09:11 PM
Punk for Raw GM would be nice.

HCollins-TNA1
06-20-2011, 09:16 PM

This may be true???? If it isn't they are going to Riot and have the second great fire of Chicago. come after MITB.....

IrkenInvader
06-20-2011, 10:31 PM
Hopefully he does some of his old stuff, like this.
Don't let your kids hear this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n5nO3r_dPs&feature=related

Enforcer23
06-20-2011, 10:38 PM
ssoo he was really honest telling us when he would be out of contract i jsut thought wwe were ganna make him say if i cant win agianst cena i quit

The New Guy
06-20-2011, 10:48 PM
I can see one of this two things happening at MITB

1) WWE is not gonna let a wrestler that is on his way out win the belt so most likely Cena will win the match

2) Punk can beat Cena for the belt, but the winner of the Raw MITB will have to beat him for the title before the night ends.

:)

IrkenInvader
06-20-2011, 10:52 PM
and do more of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld9LvYw-Ohw&feature=related

and this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXAs_nS_lvM&feature=related

some of this wouldn't hurt either

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DvDztAz8YA&feature=related

IrkenInvader
06-20-2011, 11:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Duzwm9GWSN8&feature=related
I don't even need to say anything.

Viper
06-20-2011, 11:25 PM
no doubt cm punk will lost to john cena unless he signs a new contract sometime in the next few weeks.

otherwise it wouldnt look good to be the first three time world champion (previously held the ecw & world championships) while on your way out of a major company.

Snair
06-20-2011, 11:50 PM

1) WWE is not gonna let a wrestler that is on his way out win the belt so most likely Cena will win the match

2) Punk can beat Cena for the belt, but the winner of the Raw MITB will have to beat him for the title before the night ends.

The second option looks the most likely one to happen.

HCollins-TNA1
06-20-2011, 11:52 PM
no doubt cm punk will lost to john cena unless he signs a new contract sometime in the next few weeks.

otherwise it wouldnt look good to be the first three time world champion (previously held the ecw & world championships) while on your way out of a major company.

Correct me if i'm wrong but Kane already done that... WWE title, World title, and ECW title...

HCollins-TNA1
06-20-2011, 11:54 PM

Could be either or???
But i might expect him to lose the belt the next night or renew his contract......

If CM Punk loses on PPV at MITB in front of his hometown crowd..... It might not be a good thing for the WWE!!!

Anyrysm
06-21-2011, 12:17 AM
Correct me if i'm wrong but Kane already done that... WWE title, World title, and ECW title...

So did Big Show.

HCollins-TNA1
06-21-2011, 12:19 AM
So did Big Show.

Big Show even held the WCW title, twice......

IrkenInvader
06-21-2011, 12:25 AM
Big Show even held the WCW title, twice......

He was the first one to have held all the major titles in professional wrestling.

HCollins-TNA1
06-21-2011, 12:28 AM
He was the first one to have held all the major titles in professional wrestling.

And all the major tag titles as well..... WCW tag, WWE Tag, WWE World tag....

IrkenInvader
06-21-2011, 12:36 AM
And all the major tag titles as well..... WCW tag, WWE Tag, WWE World tag....

He's also held the US and hardcore belts.

IrkenInvader
06-21-2011, 12:37 AM
He's also held the US and hardcore belts.

Back when they meant something.

Robstar
06-21-2011, 01:08 AM
He held the NWA and AWA titles too? ;)

Viper
06-21-2011, 01:12 AM
i dont recall big show holding wwe's world heavyweight title so therefore somebody's wrong.

Robstar
06-21-2011, 01:14 AM
i dont recall big show holding wwe's world heavyweight title so therefore somebody's wrong.

Well if you don't remember it, it obviously never happened

SilverGhost
06-21-2011, 01:15 AM

http://www.todaysfast.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Big-Show-Choke-Slams-Jack-Swagger-2-220x300.jpg

Robstar
06-21-2011, 01:22 AM
http://www.todaysfast.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Big-Show-Choke-Slams-Jack-Swagger-2-220x300.jpg

Lol, nice one SG! :D

HCollins-TNA1
06-21-2011, 01:23 AM
So did Big Show.

Actually you wrong.... he never held the WWE World Heavyweight title... He held the WWE title!!!

SilverGhost
06-21-2011, 01:24 AM
Actually you wrong.... he never held the WWE World Heavyweight title... He held the WWE title!!!

-looks at the pic I placed-

But he IS holding it :p

jordan1995
06-21-2011, 01:24 AM
^^Makes Angry Face^^
If anything Punk will go back to ROH. But let's be realistic here, maybe he just wants a break from the traveling and nourish his nagging injuries.
But we can speculate and say what we think it is, but lets be real maybe its part of a storyline.

i cant help wantng him to goo to tna as i think punk is wwes best wrestler/superstar/enertainer and like tna better than wwe ..so it obv that id love to see him in tna ;)

SilverGhost
06-21-2011, 01:27 AM
i cant help wantng him to goo to tna as i think punk is wwes best wrestler/superstar/enertainer and like tna better than wwe ..so it obv that id love to see him in tna ;)

Well....Punk and TNA won't happen.....Punk is too smart for that. Also I think there is heat between Punk and the Hardys.

jordan1995
06-21-2011, 01:28 AM
Well....Punk and TNA won't happen.....Punk is too smart for that. Also I think there is heat between Punk and the Hardys.

could be career suicide if he went there but he would do wonders for tna...im not saying its gonna happen im sayin i wud love it to happen ;)

HCollins-TNA1
06-21-2011, 01:29 AM
-looks at the pic I placed-

But he IS holding it :p

Notice that..... Thought he held the belt..... only thing I can find is his WWE title reigns!!!!!

HCollins-TNA1
06-21-2011, 01:31 AM

CM Punk NWA World champion????? Now that could put NWA back on the map!!!!

HCollins-TNA1
06-21-2011, 01:33 AM

Yeah at least a TNA World title run would do for me!!! But I doubt it will happen... But never say never...

WPack911
06-21-2011, 02:04 AM

I don't know about that, I mean it seems like he wants more time off and does not want to work WWE's grinding tour schedule anymore, but maybe he still wants to be in the ring too. TNA (or Impact now I guess) with it's once a month filming (plus PPV's) would allow him to do all that. It might look better to him then you think, even if it's not the big spotlight of the WWE.

I hope he stays in WWE though, Impact would hurt his career for sure and he could be an all time great WWE Legend if he sticks it out, honestly he was already getting there.

Rated_R(ob)KO
06-21-2011, 02:28 AM
THIS IS SOON TO BE A BLOG! I JUST WANTED TO POST IT HERE FOR FEEDBACK BEFOREHAND!

On June 20th, 2011, CM Punk announced that his contract expires at midnight on July 17th, 2011 and that if he wins the WWE Championship at "Night Of Champions" he will walk out of there WITH the Championship in his possession. Literally. Leave the company and all with it.

In my mind, 3 things are going on here:

1.) CM Punk wins, messes everyone's head up and he actually WALKS OUT of THE 'E with their Championship. Now, what would happen? Well duh, that would force them to make a new belt. Which, they have already done so about a year ago if you believe all of the reports. It was said that: "They're just waiting for the right time to debut it."

Well, if Punk leaves the company high and dry, what better option would they have? I can forsee a tournament coming from this as well. THE 'E are building to something big with this theory if I'm proven correct next month.

2.) CM Punk loses, and walks away peacefully. That would certainly mess with people as well. Him promising that he'll leave with a bang and all this noise he's making... it's just something that would be clearly just the right thing to do. And he will be in his hometown as well...

3.) CM Punk loses, puts Cena on the injury reserve list. It's been documented that Cena has been nursing a lot of injuries as of late so, truth be told Punk could easily "beat" John down and that would give him ample time to heal so hea can go against The Rock next year. With that being said, Punk could still leave the company with the Championship and force the ending to option 1. as I stated a little bit ago.

In my eyes CM Punk is one of the greatest Super... wait, WRESTLERS that THE 'E ever got ahold of. I'm glad he's had such a great run with the company. With that, let’s reflect on his accoplishments: (In THE 'E)

Taken from Wikipedia:

ECW Championship (1 time)
World Heavyweight Championship (3 times)
World Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Kofi Kingston
WWE Intercontinental Championship (1 time)
Mr. Money in the Bank (2008, 2009)
Slammy Award for "OMG" Moment of the Year (2008) -- Cashing in Money in the Bank to win the World Heavyweight Championship
Slammy Award for Shocker of the Year (2009) -- Forcing Jeff Hardy out of the WWE after Steel Cage match victory
Slammy Award for Despicable Me (2010) -- Harassing Rey Mysterio and his family
Nineteenth Triple Crown Champion

Straight Edge Society Leader (2009–2010)

The New Nexus Leader (2010–Present)

We can officially add his current "shoot" personality in there as well.

Personally, I think all of the contract negotiations have been settled and Punk will just take some time off. They're making too big of a fuss over it. Now, if I'm wrong on that... I wish him all the best in his career moving forward and yeah, I'm gonna miss him like hell but, I can only hope he shows up in IWGP or Dragon Gate. Nobody should go to TNA who's at a height like him.

"Even through the darkest days, this fire burns, always."

Snair
06-21-2011, 03:10 AM
That was a great read but I think Punk is just messing with IWC in the same way as Jericho did.Which will result in him winning the belt and then getting screwed by a face with MITB the following week or so.I'll badly miss him though, he is a quality entertainer.

Enforcer23
06-21-2011, 03:18 AM
good stuff man i HOPE that number 3 and 1 happens cena having a break and punk leaving people baffled by winning and walking away with the title...but its at money in the bank so what will proble happen is him winning it and some MITB winner cashing it in on him

Regal>Cena
06-21-2011, 03:37 AM
I just can't see him going to TNA if he does leave the WWE.

Given that ROH just got bought out and looks set to try and compete with TNA & WWE then that's the only logical place I can see him going if he were to leave.

Viper
06-21-2011, 03:38 AM

so who did he actually beat for the belt eh smartarse?

sivart
06-21-2011, 03:51 AM
1 and 3 sounds good. I dont know where there going with it but, this match at mitb is in chicago so i hope its not a big middle finger to the punk in his hometown

Tribe
06-21-2011, 04:18 AM
I would love it if he didn't leave ...

LMPunker
06-21-2011, 04:55 AM
there is probably some handshake agreement at the very least for him to return at some point in the future whatever happens think we all know hes definately leaving,imagine the ammount of heat from the crowd if punk wins and has someone cash in on him and for cena think he can expect another one night stand 2006 with the crowd maybe worse as its a bigger arena and cm punk is to chicago what flair is north carolina,christian to canada,zack ryder to long island bottom line money in the bank has the 2nd intriging wwe title of the year behind jerry lawler and miz because i heard alot of what if jerry lawler wins?but unlike jerry lawler it would be justified for punk to win the championship and expect someone cashing in on punk

Mikeyboy7777777
06-21-2011, 05:58 AM
wwe without punk sorry but the usos and punk are the only reasons I watch raw & smackdown if I want to watch wrestling I watch superstars if i want to be entertained I watch raw cuz of punk and when I want to see a tag team match I watch smackdown for the usos the rest is just plain boring to me save us y2j save us cm punk all I'm saying and I'm not happy about orton again being an asshole it seems like he always backstage has power over the ending since he always says yeah I don't want to get eliminated so easily and don't get my payback wait your damn turn boy christian has for alot of years so orton should do so too if orton ever get's in the hall of fame then i will never ever watch it again not that they'd care but still

WWTNA Mark
06-21-2011, 06:10 AM

I'm surprised you didn't catch on to the joke yet.

Y2Jryder
06-21-2011, 06:18 AM
Punk wins the title en beats the shit out of Cena:)

billythekidd_527
06-21-2011, 06:23 AM
What has CM Punk done for me lately?
Gotta go with making snow angels.

tad locust
06-21-2011, 06:32 AM
I think he might win it at MITB but lose it the day after he wins or the day he wins when someone cashes in the breifcase.Another,Scenario is for him to lose it back to Cena the next night.

TheBeardOfZeus
06-21-2011, 07:04 AM
All I see is Punk having a rest.

The "going out with a bang" thing makes it sound as if he actually cares about how he leaves, and I see him back in WWE soon enough.

Automatic
06-21-2011, 07:12 AM
All I can think of is his ROH angle where he would take the belt with him to the WWE and the Montreal Screwjob?

clrj3514
06-21-2011, 07:25 AM
What if he took the WWE belt with him to ROH & showed up on their tv show that I'm assuming will be coming soon? EPIC

Enforcer23
06-21-2011, 07:33 AM
What if he took the WWE belt with him to ROH & showed up on their tv show that I'm assuming will be coming soon? EPIC

if he did that then wwe brought ROH heheheh

zapphoman
06-21-2011, 08:28 AM
I hope he sticks around. I really do. Ever since ECW came to Fort Smith Arkansas and I saw CM Punk go up against Mike Knox(before he looked like Grizzly Adams) I have been a big fan and it's funny because back in the day he fit the description of a wrestler that I would despise. Crazy how I like more heels than I do faces now that I am older.

Enforcer23
06-21-2011, 08:36 AM
I hope he sticks around. I really do. Ever since ECW came to Fort Smith Arkansas and I saw CM Punk go up against Mike Knox(before he looked like Grizzly Adams) I have been a big fan and it's funny because back in the day he fit the description of a wrestler that I would despise. Crazy how I like more heels than I do faces now that I am older.

yeah same i agree

Enforcer23
06-21-2011, 08:37 AM
I think he might win it at MITB but lose it the day after he wins or the day he wins when someone cashes in the breifcase.Another,Scenario is for him to lose it back to Cena the next night.

yeah but his out of contract with wwe come the 18th the monday so it has to happen at MITB

Necroyeti
06-21-2011, 09:03 AM
I haven't read over the whole thread or any of the dirtsheets, so apologies if this is already common knowledge, but I feel something should be pointed out.

This is CM Punk's twitter after RAW:

I knew I was gone at the beginning of the year. I just woke up one day and I knew. That's the way I work a lot of the time.

I think it's creepy too, but it's really helpful. I knew I'd be history by July. Come say goodbye on July 17th.

Come say goodbye on July 17th. I promise to go out with a bang. Trust me. XxX

And this is from CM Punk's livejournal not long before he left ROH in 2005 (http://cmpunk.livejournal.com/15096.html):

I knew I was gone at the beggining of the year.
I just woke up one day and knew. That's the way I work a lot of the time. I think it's creepy too, but it's really helpful. I honestly knew i'd be history by June.
Come say goodbye on Saturday, I promise to go out with a bang.
Trust me.
XxX

If you don't happen to know what happened during the summer of 2005 in ROH... well, Punk won their championship on his "final day" in the company, and threatened to take the belt with him. Except it wasn't actually his final day. He then went on to have a highly entertaining run that included his greatest ever promo, signing his WWE contract on the ROH belt, a 60 minute broadway with Christopher Daniels, and a fatal four way elimination match.

Do take 10 minutes out of your day and watch this (very well made) recap video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnM4FAXlwMQ

So either kudos to Punk and WWE creative for choosing to rehash this particular storyline, since it was a very entertaining one..... OR kudos to Punk for using twitter to work the fans so masterfully.

johnnydropkicks
06-21-2011, 09:32 AM
I haven't read over the whole thread or any of the dirtsheets, so apologies if this is already common knowledge, but I feel something should be pointed out.

This is CM Punk's twitter after RAW:

I knew I was gone at the beginning of the year. I just woke up one day and I knew. That's the way I work a lot of the time.

I think it's creepy too, but it's really helpful. I knew I'd be history by July. Come say goodbye on July 17th.

Come say goodbye on July 17th. I promise to go out with a bang. Trust me. XxX

And this is from CM Punk's livejournal not long before he left ROH in 2005 (http://cmpunk.livejournal.com/15096.html):

I knew I was gone at the beggining of the year.
I just woke up one day and knew. That's the way I work a lot of the time. I think it's creepy too, but it's really helpful. I honestly knew i'd be history by June.
Come say goodbye on Saturday, I promise to go out with a bang.
Trust me.
XxX

If you don't happen to know what happened during the summer of 2005 in ROH... well, Punk won their championship on his "final day" in the company, and threatened to take the belt with him. Except it wasn't actually his final day. He then went on to have a highly entertaining run that included his greatest ever promo, signing his WWE contract on the ROH belt, a 60 minute broadway with Christopher Daniels, and a fatal four way elimination match.

Do take 10 minutes out of your day and watch this (very well made) recap video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnM4FAXlwMQ

So either kudos to Punk and WWE creative for choosing to rehash this particular storyline, since it was a very entertaining one..... OR kudos to Punk for using twitter to work the fans so masterfully.

if that's legit holy shit nice find dude. yeah I started to wonder about things when he got put next to John Cena for the title and then had him announce it all on air, and then had him threaten to take the title with him. I mean you know there's no way that would happen. this is pretty fun. why would he say the same thing unless he wanted people to know? I think that was a bit of a slip.

TheDevilsAdvocate
06-21-2011, 09:48 AM
I am curious as to where CM Punk will go next. Maybe his Twitter repeat is a hint of some sort. It may just be a coincidence an I am just thinking too much into it, but still.

stevieg1237
06-21-2011, 10:43 AM
I hope option 1 occurs, but what would make this that much more amazing would be to have Punk beat Cena cleanly, the money in the bank winner cash in the case against Punk and PUNK WIN AGAIN cleanly, then walk out as the champ. That would solidify him as a solid main eventer so if and when he returns he will be considered a full main eventer by management's standpoint. It would probably give Punk more incentive to come back.

HolyJose2391
06-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Me personally I smell "screwjob" now the question is will Punk "tap" to the STFU or the Anaconda Vice? I feel as if The 'E is making this screwjob way to predictable

Pumpkinhead
06-21-2011, 11:28 AM
I think will happen the number 2

Cena beats Punk, he leaves and nothing spectacular happens, its the E wouldn't be weird if they do it

Anyway I hope 1 or 3 happens!!

Pumpkinhead
06-21-2011, 11:50 AM
I am curious as to where CM Punk will go next. Maybe his Twitter repeat is a hint of some sort. It may just be a coincidence an I am just thinking too much into it, but still.

ROH maybe??

SilverGhost
06-21-2011, 11:58 AM
ROH is a better choice for Punk than TNA. (I will keep saying that lol)

SilverGhost
06-21-2011, 11:59 AM

I'm surprised you didn't catch on to the joke yet.

Someone has got it.

thatdevilsblue
06-21-2011, 12:02 PM
i either really hope he's just playing with us and totally contradicts the rumors and his announcement and doesn't end up leaving, or he is just taking time off and he will be back...i REALLY don't want him to leave!

Daffy Duck's Finest
06-21-2011, 12:47 PM
Imagine the reaction on this website if Punk were to win, only for Ryder to cash in MITB and take it off him afterwards.

Everyone's Christmas' would all come at once :)

bu s3ud
06-21-2011, 03:14 PM
wwe will lose a great superstar that is cm punk . when punks contract end he will leave :mad:
i hope he will change his mind but i think he is leaving for sure..
i don't blame punk for leaving

Y2Jryder
06-21-2011, 03:15 PM
thanks for sharing

sincara
06-21-2011, 03:36 PM
thanks 4 sharing your opinion on cmpunk leaving

dres1214
06-21-2011, 03:42 PM
This is kinda off subject and I do apologize if this has been discussed already, I tried to read through this whole thread but I couldn't.
When Punk when out and did his promo at the start of Raw, did it feel like he was cutting a cryptic "shoot" promo about WWE? I kept listening to it and for some reason to me I feel that he was talking about WWE but in a way that many wouldn't catch on. Let me know what you all think?

ihearvoices
06-21-2011, 04:21 PM
wwe will lose a great superstar that is cm punk . when punks contract end he will leave :mad:
i hope he will change his mind but i think he is leaving for sure..
i don't blame punk for leaving

Im sorry to be that guy but its really not that serious CM punk is leaving cause he's the one that wants to leave no one is forcing his hand...And to be honest im kinda pissed off at punk cause he is the one turning his back on the same fans that go to back for him...And he cant bitch and moan that he's not being used right or push because he has held the WHC more than once and have been having matches against the WWE top guys. and have won 2 MITB, this guy has been given so much in his few years in WWE And now to see him just leave...well fuck him i hope he dont return In my eyes he No different than brock,bobby,Batista if i was Vince i would of never even allow his last match to be for the WWE championship. IDC what anyone says about Cena and Randy atleast they care about the business and care about the fans to stay around and give their all to make us happy i cant say the same far punk.

Tommy Thunder
06-21-2011, 04:24 PM
WWE aren't that stupid. They wouldn't let CM Punk leave if they didn't have somebody to fill the gap he's leaving. I'm saying that Y2J's return is imminent.

zapphoman
06-21-2011, 04:45 PM
I'm saying that Y2J's return is imminent.

Damn, I hope so. Bryan/Jericho 2 would be amazing.

Russo swerve
06-21-2011, 05:06 PM
Jericho is comin back soon

THE_CRIPPLER
06-21-2011, 05:06 PM
Wow another CM Punk leaving thread.... whats this the 200th