PDA

View Full Version : Dolph Ziggler

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
06-20-2011, 09:49 AM
Did he not just take a step back from being a (2 second) World Champion to the US title? I guess better than nothing but is this another case of WWE pushing someone new only to pull them back a few months later? (Like Swagger, Bourne, Ginger-face, Wade)

Thoughts

the-rocks-stunner
06-20-2011, 09:56 AM
with Ziggler, drew, kofi, bourne and alot others i think there playing the 3-7 year card on these guys so in 5 years most of them should be up their with the big guns

K-Jammin
06-20-2011, 10:10 AM
Ziggler will be a top player in a few years time, im sure of it.

jordan1995
06-20-2011, 10:19 AM
yeah he gonna be a bigstar..its not reely a de push because the push he had wasnt even memorable ...well apart from the wrong reasons

Enforcer23
06-20-2011, 10:23 AM
i dont even remeber zigglers push ahhhahahahhah

sincara
06-20-2011, 10:33 AM

against edge at royal rumble and then edge was stripped of title title handed to ziggles and then he lost it 15 mins later to edge in edges rematch

the-rocks-stunner
06-20-2011, 10:42 AM

he won the whc!!!!!!!!!!

Tommy Thunder
06-20-2011, 11:09 AM
It's all about building a legacy. The more championships you've won, the bigger your legacy will be. Ziggler is a 1 time IC champ, 1 time WH champ (even if it was only for a very short time), and now a 1 time US champ. It's all about collecting championships. Most the top guys have won the mid-card titles at least once in their careers.
Take Shawn Michaels as an example. Everybody knew he was destined for greatness, but the IC title was his first championship. He then moved on to win the WWE title, and the RR twice in a row, and many other titles.
Chris Jericho is another example. He was the IC title holder just a couple of years ago in-between WH title feuds.
Ziggler will be a main eventer in years to come, but I don't see winning a title as 'taking a step back'.

eboy
06-20-2011, 11:09 AM
Ziggler won the US title and me some points on the Prediction Contest so its all good you have to give Ziggler time for his Character it Cant Just be rushed like the MIz for example

K-Jammin
06-20-2011, 11:25 AM
It's all about building a legacy. The more championships you've won, the bigger your legacy will be. Ziggler is a 1 time IC champ, 1 time WH champ (even if it was only for a very short time), and now a 1 time US champ. It's all about collecting championships. Most the top guys have won the mid-card titles at least once in their careers.
Take Shawn Michaels as an example. Everybody knew he was destined for greatness, but the IC title was his first championship. He then moved on to win the WWE title, and the RR twice in a row, and many other titles.
Chris Jericho is another example. He was the IC title holder just a couple of years ago in-between WH title feuds.
Ziggler will be a main eventer in years to come, but I don't see winning a title as 'taking a step back'.

Do they acknowledge him as a former tag team champion aswell? He held it during his spirit squad days, or are they trying to make us forget all about that?

Russo swerve
06-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Dolph ziggler is boring with no charisma

Tommy Thunder
06-20-2011, 12:12 PM
Do they acknowledge him as a former tag team champion aswell? He held it during his spirit squad days, or are they trying to make us forget all about that?

On WWE.com, they only acknowledge him as a IC, WH and US champ, so yes,they're trying to make us forget about his Spirit Squad days!! And who can blame them!!

the-rocks-stunner
06-20-2011, 12:15 PM
On WWE.com, they only acknowledge him as a IC, WH and US champ, so yes,they're trying to make us forget about his Spirit Squad days!! And who can blame them!!

i loved spirit squad

Rokudo
06-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Still, he is listed as a triple crown champ on wikipedia, and wikipedia is the law~

SESAfro
06-20-2011, 12:41 PM
i loved spirit squad
Really? During that time I stopped watching WWE. XD

I have high hopes for Ziggles. I feel he's going to be the top heel on Raw in a few years (With Rhodes as the Smackdown counterpart). Just a quick question, is any other young talent a Triple Crown champ?

K-Jammin
06-20-2011, 12:47 PM

It's definitely for the best!

CobraNightviper
06-20-2011, 12:57 PM
Besides Ziggles what happened to the other members of the Spirit squad anyway?

miraistreak
06-20-2011, 01:21 PM
It's WWE History, "We tell you what to remember." With that being mostly what they consider to be the important belts....
AWA, WCW, NWA (pre-WCW), WWE, WWE:WHC, US, IC, Tag Team (but not if in a prior timeline with no connection your character), Women's, Diva's, Cruiserweight, Hardcore(on occasion), etc. etc.

You'll note, I didn't say ECW, well in case you're wondering....

Commentary at Capitol Punishment: "Big Zeke wins his 1st championship." (despite being the last ECW Champion defeating (cough) Christian (cough) )

Online they list him, but on TV they're probably going to ignore it. Hell only once has R-Truth been acknowledged as K-Kwik (Summerslam 2010, thank you Matt Striker) and even then they kind of just gloss over K-Kwik and TNA with "The past 10 years I've been dancing for all the Little Jimmys with nothing to show for it!" (obviously ignoring NWA:TNA's titles)

MrzigglesFTW!
06-20-2011, 03:16 PM
People won't really remember ziggler as world champion until he actually wins the title. but the us title is a step in the right direction back to the top.
2-3 years time i see him as world champion