PDA

View Full Version : Why Do People Say A PPV Is Bad Just Because Cena Wins?

Rated_R(ob)KO
06-20-2011, 05:27 AM
I never understood why people's unadulterated HATE for Cena lets that get in the way of quality matches and events going on around it. I know its nerve racking but c'mon, "Capitol Punishment" was nowhere near a bad PPV but everyone is bashing it just because Cena won. Knock, knock... McFly, Is anyone home? Newsflash: SuperCena is here to stay.

Until VKM sees another cash cow, The 'E will always, and The Rock means... ALWAYS have Cena come out on top in the end. If this were the 80's you wouldn't be complaining about Hogan every week... that is, unless you cheered The Rowdy One like I did. ;)

So spill it, what's your beef? Is it just Cena, or match quality as well? (I can sometimes understand that argument.)

liamsnowdon
06-20-2011, 05:30 AM
for as much as i hate cena that doesnt make a ppv 'crap'

RomanFlare
06-20-2011, 05:31 AM
I watched the PPV and my opinion on why the PPV was a bad one: CM Punk vs Rey and Orton vs Christian were the only matches on the card I enjoyed watching. The rest were all either "meh" or actually annoying to watch for me. I don't mind Cena winning. Only women's shoe salesmen would hate a PPV for only Cena winning.

A.Graham
06-20-2011, 05:32 AM
It was just a bad ppv. Cena wins matches 9/10 on ppv's no one say 9 out of every 10 WWE ppvs are bad.

RomanFlare
06-20-2011, 05:34 AM
Actually, I wanna correct myself: I'm indifferent to the PPV. Punk/Rey and Orton/Christian were awesome in my eyes. That equals out the rest of the matches.

K-Jammin
06-20-2011, 05:41 AM
Punk vs Rey match was awesome as usual. Wasn't a terrible PPV I've seen alot worst, but it was just another mediocre show by WWE and to me even if Cena lost it wouldn't of made it any better as im not a huge Cena hater.

MrzigglesFTW!
06-20-2011, 06:25 AM
I really really hate cena's character but its not as if he chose to become "Super" Cena. VKM gave him his supposed "5" moves and just shoves him to the top of the WWE, although most people are sick of seeing cena all the time, i dont think it kills ppv's

zrdt12
06-20-2011, 06:35 AM
I still don't get why people don't hate Orton more these days, can he possibly lose just once? Orton's character is awful while Cena is a good character but man did that match really suck outside of r-truth pulling off his moves. Orton is a little better in the ring and had a much worse match with Christian than the last. He's just not a very good face. The only reason I wouldn't say the ppv was bad was because of Punk/Rey.

Theiconsting
06-20-2011, 07:13 AM
Because everyone is sick of cena doing the same old crap every match you tard.

PureMetalftw!
06-20-2011, 07:15 AM
i wrekon it was one of the best ppv's this year
i knew cena was going to win so i wasnt overly fustrated with it but the match was just horrible, i skipped through most of it and the ending was just terrible, truth lost cause some kid threw water at him :mad:

VanHooliganX
06-20-2011, 07:21 AM
Cenas match was okay and i'm not saying that cause he won. I saw his match as a chance for Truth to try and gain main event status and he did okay. I really like him as a heel and he does make me laugh but i'd like to give him another match against Cena before i properly judge him as a main eventer.

As for destroying the PPV he didn't, their were some really good matches like Bourne/Swagger, Rey/Punk and Christian/Orton. A pretty good PPV if next years has good matches like these 2.

sly2414
06-20-2011, 07:24 AM
The ppv could have been worse. Did anyone think the Orton/Christian was a one sided match. Out of the 3, I thought this one was the worst. IT was still one of the best matches on the card but we talk about Super Cena, it looked like this match was a bit Super Orton.

blackout version 1
06-20-2011, 09:01 AM
I dIdnt mind Cena winning as R truth as champ would be strange :L tbh im sick of people bashing the ppvs and saying they are boring i enjoyed all of the match Kofi vs Dolph was good yet no one has said anything about it :S The vast majority of people who give out about ppvs read the results before watching ... also i thought the ending of Orton vs Christian was perfect as it is another reason for Christian to be mad over the title ...

Xpacfan
06-20-2011, 09:05 AM
I never understood why people's unadulterated HATE for Cena lets that get in the way of quality matches and events going on around it. I know its nerve racking but c'mon, "Capitol Punishment" was nowhere near a bad PPV but everyone is bashing it just because Cena won. Knock, knock... McFly, Is anyone home? Newsflash: SuperCena is here to stay.

Until VKM sees another cash cow, The 'E will always, and The Rock means... ALWAYS have Cena come out on top in the end. If this were the 80's you wouldn't be complaining about Hogan every week... that is, unless you cheered The Rowdy One like I did. ;)

So spill it, what's your beef? Is it just Cena, or match quality as well? (I can sometimes understand that argument.)

Um...because when I pay MY money to see a ppv wrestling event, I don't want to see something predictable. Back when I used to watch and order WWE ppvs on an inconsistant basis, Cena would ALWAYS win.

For example, I hadn't ordered a WWE ppv in serveral months but was so looking forward to someone new to headline Wrestlemania by winning the 2008 Royal Rumble. Out of all the promising superstars to do so, guess who shows up as #30 and just clears the ring?! JOHN F*CKING CENA!!! How many times before then did we see him headline Wrestlemania? How many months prior to the Royal Rumble was he out on injury?! How many guys worked their butts off and proved to be worthy of the opportunity while he was away? None of it mattered (nor made any sense)...he just walts right back in from several months of being absent, cuts in line, and wins the Rumble!

This is just one example of one of the rare times since around 2005 that I actually looked forward to seeing a ppv only to have the inevitable happen...Cena winning!

WWTNA Mark
06-20-2011, 09:13 AM
Um...because when I pay MY money to see a ppv wrestling event, I don't want to see something predictable. Back when I used to watch and order WWE ppvs on an inconsistant basis, Cena would ALWAYS win.

For example, I hadn't ordered a WWE ppv in serveral months but was so looking forward to someone new to headline Wrestlemania by winning the 2008 Royal Rumble. Out of all the promising superstars to do so, guess who shows up as #30 and just clears the ring?! JOHN F*CKING CENA!!! How many times before then did we see him headline Wrestlemania? How many months prior to the Royal Rumble was he out on injury?! How many guys worked their butts off and proved to be worthy of the opportunity while he was away? None of it mattered (nor made any sense)...he just walts right back in from several months of being absent, cuts in line, and wins the Rumble!

This is just one example of one of the rare times since around 2005 that I actually looked forward to seeing a ppv only to have the inevitable happen...Cena winning!

How many times did Hulk Hogan in his prime headline Wrestlemaina? How many times did The Rock headline Wrestlemaina? How many times have Stone Cold headline Wrestlemaina? It really gets me irritated when people like you act like John Cena main eventing every PPV is a new thing with him. every posterboy in the WWE has headlined PPV after PPV and Wrestlemaina after Wrestlemaina. I bet you weren't bitching then when Hogan was headlining Wrestlemaina after Wrestlemaina or when The Rock headlined Wrestlemaina after Wrestlemaina but when John Cena does it, hes the bad guy? I'm really not understanding that.

Edit: Cena won the 2008 Royal Rumble at #30. Whoopy fucking doo. lol Stone Cold won the Royal Rumble 3 times but you wouldn't dare say that is predictable now would you?:confused::confused::confused:

Rated_R(ob)KO
06-20-2011, 09:20 AM
How many times did Hulk Hogan in his prime headline Wrestlemaina? How many times did The Rock headline Wrestlemaina? How many times have Stone Cold headline Wrestlemaina? It really gets me irritates when people like you act like John Cena main eventing every PPV is a new thing with him. every posterboy in the WWE has headlined PPV after PPV and Wrestlemaina after Wrestlemaina. I bet you weren't bitching then when Hogan was headlining Wrestlemaina after Wrestlemaina or when The Rock headlined Wrestlemaina after Wrestlemaina but when John Cena does it, hes the bad guy? I'm really not understanding that.

^^This. I'm NOWHERE near a Cena fan but, watching my son love him like he does, I now understand what my Dad went through when I had Hogan as MY hero when I was younger. (Like 3-6) But as I got older, Roddy turned into my favorite, then Sting, then SCSA and then it was Jericho and now CM Punk. But like I said, I'm watching it with him now and can see it in a whole new light.

nafeesgreat1
06-20-2011, 11:21 AM
How many times did Hulk Hogan in his prime headline Wrestlemaina? How many times did The Rock headline Wrestlemaina? How many times have Stone Cold headline Wrestlemaina? It really gets me irritated when people like you act like John Cena main eventing every PPV is a new thing with him. every posterboy in the WWE has headlined PPV after PPV and Wrestlemaina after Wrestlemaina. I bet you weren't bitching then when Hogan was headlining Wrestlemaina after Wrestlemaina or when The Rock headlined Wrestlemaina after Wrestlemaina but when John Cena does it, hes the bad guy? I'm really not understanding that.

Edit: Cena won the 2008 Royal Rumble at #30. Whoopy fucking doo. lol Stone Cold won the Royal Rumble 3 times but you wouldn't dare say that is predictable now would you?:confused::confused::confused:

M8 its not about cena headlining PPVS or Wrestlemanias,,its just that he always wins makes it toooooooooooo damn boring,,Oh Hell Yeah The Rock & Stone Cold headlined as many WMS & PPVS as John Cena,,but they used 2 lose matches also @ PPVS,

WWTNA Mark
06-20-2011, 11:38 AM
M8 its not about cena headlining PPVS or Wrestlemanias,,its just that he always wins makes it toooooooooooo damn boring,,Oh Hell Yeah The Rock & Stone Cold headlined as many WMS & PPVS as John Cena,,but they used 2 lose matches also @ PPVS,

You have a good point man but the same thing could be said for Hogan, The Rock, and Stone Cold. They RARELY lost cleanly at PPVs and even if they did, it was either by there opponent cheating or when they were a heel and lost to a few stars but other then that, they rarely lost at PPVs. They are really no different then Cena tbh. Its easier to jump on Cena's case for it seeing as though people hate his character. I think its hypocritical but thats just my opinion.

the-rocks-stunner
06-20-2011, 11:42 AM
You have a good point man but the same thing could be said for Hogan, The Rock, and Stone Cold. They RARELY lost cleanly at PPVs and even if they did, it was either by there opponent cheating or when they were a heel and lost to a few stars but other then that, they rarely lost at PPVs. They are really no different then Cena tbh. Its easier to jump on Cena's case for it seeing as though people hate his character. I think its hypocritical but thats just my opinion.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Rated_R(ob)KO
06-20-2011, 11:50 AM

Cena has lost at WrestleMania TWO times.

Austin has lost at WrestleMania TWO times.

Where's the difference?

efrum
06-20-2011, 12:05 PM
My problem isnt with Cena winning but I dont think he needs the belt.
I was never a huge fan of Truth but he did a damn good job building up momentum and although I didnt expect him to win I think he did enough to deserve it.
Seems a shame that now he will probably be out of the title picture for a while.

+ on a side note, the PPV was the worst i have seen this year. The Obama segments were beyond embarrassing and the only match that stood out for me was Punk/Mysterio which we have seen many many times already.

Wrestling Rant
06-20-2011, 12:08 PM
This is why I hate the Wrestling Internet Community sometimes. WWE puts on a fantastic PPV with nearly every match a 5 star, but yet people will stil find something to complain about.

With the exception of Barret vs Zeke which was pretty decent in itself, every match was fantastic. Back and forth matches that show what the superstars have in them. I swear each superstar performed a move that I have never seen before.

It frustrates me so much people cant see past Cena winning and just forget about the other matches.

Capital Punishment was far better than Wrestlemania (excluding HHH/ Taker match) and most recent PPVs. Just be happy they put on a great show and every WWE star gave it their all.

4.8/5

--Wrestling Rant

S.E. Zero
06-20-2011, 12:22 PM
My honest problem with him is his lack of unpredictability.

I know he's SuperCena and he's the face of the company blah blah blah but why cant he speak his mind and say: ''Vince I wanna take a break you know heal my body and have a guy like Swagger ''take me out'' via an ''ankle injury'' and then use these young guys like Swagger, Morrison, Ziggler, etc. over while I rest up?, you know give them a chance to prove they can be good main event quality superstars so if one day something were to happened to me like say I break my leg, develop an illness or just plain die, your business doesnt know what to do once they lose one of their biggest Superstars cause lets face it Taker got one more WrestleMania left in him, you're grooming HHH to take over once you croak and die yourself, Edge is gone so who's left me and Orton and lets just say we're not always gonna be around forever are we Vince?.''

It's the sheer audicity that they make him out to be a near invincible figure for the kids and expect adults to enjoy it as well. As adults most of us like to see the reality of the situation. where like in Over the Limit he gets hit and hit and hit with everything but the kitchen sink, it's not in his nature to just say: '''Stop, I quit''.

Its the predictability that no matter what unless you literally sneak the win on him he can't be beat; now why would I waste my hard earned money to see something I already know is gonna happen?

Xpacfan
06-20-2011, 12:24 PM

How's the weather on Cena's balls?

WWTNA Mark
06-20-2011, 12:28 PM
How's the weather on Cena's balls?

I confronted your post with my thought-out reasons, point by point too, and your comeback is that? Just. Fucking. Weak.

WWTNA Mark
06-20-2011, 12:28 PM
This is why I hate the Wrestling Internet Community sometimes. WWE puts on a fantastic PPV with nearly every match a 5 star, but yet people will stil find something to complain about.

With the exception of Barret vs Zeke which was pretty decent in itself, every match was fantastic. Back and forth matches that show what the superstars have in them. I swear each superstar performed a move that I have never seen before.

It frustrates me so much people cant see past Cena winning and just forget about the other matches.

Capital Punishment was far better than Wrestlemania (excluding HHH/ Taker match) and most recent PPVs. Just be happy they put on a great show and every WWE star gave it their all.

4.8/5

--Wrestling Rant

Best fucking rant of all rants!

efrum
06-20-2011, 12:31 PM

4.8/5

--Wrestling Rant

5 star matches? I think thats an overstatement.

Highlight of the night for me: Wade Barrett telling the audience in the nations capital that they will soon be speaking chinese. Classic.

Xpacfan
06-20-2011, 12:32 PM
I confronted your post with my thought-out reasons, point by point too, and your comeback is that? Just. Fucking. Weak.

Right except for the part where Cena was out for several months, came in as #30, and won the Royal Rumble...shitting on everyone else who had been there the whole time in the process. MAJOR ISSUE unaddressed and a major reason for anyone who ordered the ppv to be pissed!

Rated_R(ob)KO
06-20-2011, 12:33 PM
Right except for the part where Cena was out for several months, came in as #30, and won the Royal Rumble...shitting on everyone else who had been there the whole time in the process. MAJOR ISSUE unaddressed and a major reason for anyone who ordered the ppv to be pissed!

Didn't UnderTaker do something similar though?

WWTNA Mark
06-20-2011, 12:39 PM

So the fact that Cena came back, entered #30, and won the Royal Rumble is predictable, YET you still don't tell me how Stone Cold winning the Royal Rumble 3 times in a row isn't predictable. Cena winning the Royal Rumble ONE TIME isn't something to get mad about tbh. He didn't even win the WWE Championship at Wrestlemaina after he won the Royal Rumble so I don't know why you are bitching.

WWTNA Mark
06-20-2011, 12:41 PM

Yup, exactly but according to Xpacfan, Cena is the first person to do it.

Xpacfan
06-20-2011, 12:42 PM

Sure and in his then 17 year career, he had never won the Royal Rumble. So actually, most people watching the event were expecting him to get eliminated like he does every year. The Undertaker was around and competting leading up to the Rumble. He didn't just show up out the clear blue and win like Cena!

Tommy Thunder
06-20-2011, 12:43 PM
The fact that Cena wins doesn't make the ppv crap. The fact that Cena wins for the umpteenth ppv in a row doesn't make the ppv crap.
Cena is usually in the main event of every ppv, and the fact that he can't put on a 5* match does tarnish the ppv. Orton vs Christian was a much better match than Truth vs Cena last night. For once, I'd like to see the WHC main event a ppv.
But the simple fact that Cena wins, doesn't make a ppv crap. The quality of the card and matches as a whole is what defines a ppv as good or bad.

Xpacfan
06-20-2011, 12:45 PM
So the fact that Cena came back, entered #30, and won the Royal Rumble is predictable, YET you still don't tell me how Stone Cold winning the Royal Rumble 3 times in a row isn't predictable. Cena winning the Royal Rumble ONE TIME isn't something to get mad about tbh. He didn't even win the WWE Championship at Wrestlemaina after he won the Royal Rumble so I don't know why you are bitching.

Cena winning period is predictable! And this is just an example of how when you think you're in for something unpredictable, Cena/WWE comes along and gives you the same shit it always does...EVEN WHEN CENA'S NOT THERE!!!

Stone Cold would actually lose! THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE! THAT'S WHAT MADE IT UNPREDICTABLE!!!

In fact, I remember a friend of mine joking with me about how somehow John Cena would show up and win the Rumble! When it happened, I was pissed and was around the time I began to be through with the WWE!

WWTNA Mark
06-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Sure and in his then 17 year career, he had never won the Royal Rumble. So actually, most people watching the event were expecting him to get eliminated like he does every year. The Undertaker was around and competting leading up to the Rumble. He didn't just show up out the clear blue and win like Cena!

John Cena only won 1 Royal Rumble as well as The Undertaker so I don't know how Undertaker winning The Royal Rumble is acceptable and Cena's is not. Also, I recall Edge coming back from an injury and winning the Royal Rumble at #30 in 2010 so bitching about Cena's Royal Rumble win is only making you look more and more hypocritical.

S.E. Zero
06-20-2011, 12:51 PM

Um SCSA didnt win the Royal Rumble 3 years in a row, he won 2 in a row.

Both the '97 and '98 Rumbles and then won it a third time '01.

Just sayin'

Xpacfan
06-20-2011, 12:53 PM
John Cena only won 1 Royal Rumble as well as The Undertaker so I don't know how Undertaker winning The Royal Rumble is acceptable and Cena's is not. Also, I recall Edge coming back from an injury and winning the Royal Rumble at #30 in 2010 so bitching about Cena's Royal Rumble win is only making you look more and more hypocritical.

Too bad that I had been stopped watching the WWE and ordering the ppv's by the time Edge won in 2010...No money wasted...no foul. I'm not talking about how many times any of them won the Rumble...I'm saying that every time that I have ordered a ppv, Cena has won the main event! I don't want to keep paying to see the same person win all the time! The Royal Rumble was just one example of how Cena always won damn near all the ppvs I bought between 2006 and 2008.

WWTNA Mark
06-20-2011, 12:56 PM
Cena winning period is predictable! And this is just an example of how when you think you're in for something unpredictable, Cena/WWE comes along and gives you the same shit it always does...EVEN WHEN CENA'S NOT THERE!!!

Stone Cold would actually lose! THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE! THAT'S WHAT MADE IT UNPREDICTABLE!!!

In fact, I remember a friend of mine joking with me about how somehow John Cena would show up and win the Rumble! When it happened, I was pissed and was around the time I began to be through with the WWE!

Like I said, Stone Cold and John Cena rarely loses a match. The only time Stone Cold lost a match was win he was a heel and his match against The Rock at Wrestlemaina 19 but that was pretty much the only time. I also find it funny how people say that Cena always wins. Cena lost to The Miz at Wrestlemaina 27, he lost to CM Punk two times in a row, counting there recent match on Raw, he lost to Triple H in a few of there matches, he lost to Randy Orton in their Hell in the Cell match and in there tables match, hell, he lost to Sheamus in there tables match, and he even lost to Wade Barrett in there match so this whole "Cena never loses" crap is annoying.

WWTNA Mark
06-20-2011, 01:01 PM
Too bad that I had been stopped watching the WWE and ordering the ppv's by the time Edge won in 2010...No money wasted...no foul. I'm not talking about how many times any of them won the Rumble...I'm saying that every time that I have ordered a ppv, Cena has won the main event! I don't want to keep paying to see the same person win all the time! The Royal Rumble was just one example of how Cena always won damn near all the ppvs I bought between 2006 and 2008.

Look, I know Cena always being in the main event gets annoying, hell, even for me and i'm actually a fan of Cena's. Its just that WWE has no other choices. Morrison is out with an injury, Edge retired with an injury, and there aren't too many faces on Raw that can take Cena's place other then Rey Mysterio. WWE needs to build more guys. I will say that A-Ri is getting pushed to the moon these days. Maybe if Cena drops the belt or takes time off, A-Ri could be WWE's answer. If not, Ryder could be! ;)

Xpacfan
06-20-2011, 01:03 PM
Like I said, Stone Cold and John Cena rarely loses a match. The only time Stone Cold lost a match was win he was a heel and his match against The Rock at Wrestlemaina 19 but that was pretty much the only time. I also find it funny how people say that Cena always wins. Cena lost to The Miz at Wrestlemaina 27, he lost to CM Punk two times in a row, counting there recent match on Raw, he lost to Triple H in a few of there matches, he lost to Randy Orton in their Hell in the Cell match and in there tables match, hell, he lost to Sheamus in there tables match, and he even lost to Wade Barrett in there match so this whole "Cena never loses" crap is annoying.

Stone Cold would always lose matches because he constantly got screwed over...hell he's even put people over, so that's flat out lie! You're just a Cena mark who'll say anything to defend him! You see how you can actually count the amount of times John Cena has lost? Thank you for proving my point on both parts!

Xpacfan
06-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Look, I know Cena always being in the main event gets annoying, hell, even for me and i'm actually a fan of Cena's. Its just that WWE has no other choices. Morrison is out with an injury, Edge retired with an injury, and there aren't too many faces on Raw that can take Cena's place other then Rey Mysterio. WWE needs to build more guys. I will say that A-Ri is getting pushed to the moon these days. Maybe if Cena drops the belt or takes time off, A-Ri could be WWE's answer. If not, Ryder could be! ;)

Are you kidding me?! WWE has plenty of choices but they restrict so many guys from shooting and wrestling the way want to! WWE has become such a corporate product that now it thinks its to good to be considered wrestling! If they actually got back to letting guys WRESTLE and create their own personas then, the WWE would have a hell of a lot more options!

WWTNA Mark
06-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Stone Cold would always lose matches because he constantly got screwed over...hell he's even put people over, so that's flat out lie! You're just a Cena mark who'll say anything to defend him! You see how you can actually count the amount of times John Cena has lost? Thank you for proving my point on both parts!

LOL Wow. Did I ever say Stone Cold NEVER lost? No. I said that he RARELY lost. The same goes for John Cena who got beat by CM Punk on Raw recently. Both Stone Cold and Cena along with Hogan and The Rock rarely lost matches and anyone can tell you that. Also, I love how you call me a mark on a wrestling dirtsheet site, your a very bright star{Sarcasm}. You really don't have points, reasonable points at that. All its showing is that your being a hypocrite right now.

WWTNA Mark
06-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Are you kidding me?! WWE has plenty of choices but they restrict so many guys from shooting and wrestling the way want to! WWE has become such a corporate product that now it thinks its to good to be considered wrestling! If they actually got back to letting guys WRESTLE and create their own personas then, the WWE would have a hell of a lot more options!

This is so true.

Xpacfan
06-20-2011, 01:21 PM
LOL Wow. Did I ever say Stone Cold NEVER lost? No. I said that he RARELY lost. The same goes for John Cena who got beat by CM Punk on Raw recently. Both Stone Cold and Cena along with Hogan and The Rock rarely lost matches and anyone can tell you that. Also, I love how you call me a mark on a wrestling dirtsheet site, your a very bright star{Sarcasm}. You really don't have points, reasonable points at that. All its showing is that your being a hypocrite right now.

That's still a lie because Stone Cold and The Rock wouldn't rarely lose. Sure anyone can tell me what ever they'd like just to prove their point but the fact that I watched both of these individuals' WWF/E careers is how I KNOW that that isn't true (especially with The Rock during his periods as a heel). But you know what? The title of this thread does not have Stone Cold's, The Rock's, or Hogan's name in it and the fact of the matter is "IF" what you were saying was remotely true about these individuals, anyone could tell YOU that they hated all of them for the same reasons! However, reality is the thread isn't about any of them, but about YOUR BOY, John Cena and that you're wrong about 2 out of 3 of the wrestlers you've used as red herrings.

jordan1995
06-20-2011, 01:25 PM
tbh the rock lost quite a bit and far more than cena has done in the last few years he won the wwe/f championship 7 times ..so there is also 7 defeats aswell ashim putiing over the hurricane ...the rock lost to shamrock,jericho,hhh,shane mcmahn in his super rock days :)

WWTNA Mark
06-20-2011, 01:32 PM
That's still a lie because Stone Cold and The Rock wouldn't rarely lose. Sure anyone can tell me what ever they'd like just to prove their point but the fact that I watched both of these individuals' WWF/E careers is how I KNOW that that isn't true (especially with The Rock during his periods as a heel). But you know what? The title of this thread does not have Stone Cold's, The Rock's, or Hogan's name in it and the fact of the matter is "IF" what you were saying was remotely true about these individuals, anyone could tell YOU that they hated all of them for the same reasons! However, reality is the thread isn't about any of them, but about YOUR BOY, John Cena and that you're wrong about 2 out of 3 of the wrestlers you've used as red herrings.

LOL again! Dude,you are talking about Stone Cold and The Rock losing in his WHOLE career, i'm talking about The Rock and Stone Cold rarely losing when they were a face and super over with the crowd. To compare there whole win/loss record to Cena's current win/loss is half-assed to say the least. I know this thread isn't about Stone Cold, Hogan, or The Rock moron, I was just using those names as an example to show you that Cena isn't the only posterboy to never lose regularly in matches. By the way, I am a BIG fan of Stone Cold, The Rock, and Hulk Hogan so fanboytism is out the window.

WWTNA Mark
06-20-2011, 01:36 PM
tbh the rock lost quite a bit and far more than cena has done in the last few years he won the wwe/f championship 7 times ..so there is also 7 defeats aswell ashim putiing over the hurricane ...the rock lost to shamrock,jericho,hhh,shane mcmahn in his super rock days :)

Obviously we are talking about The Rock rarely losing as a face and not as a heel. The Rock rarely lost as a face but as a heel, he lost countless times. Same goes for John Cena who lost countless times as a heel but rarely lost as a face.

Automatic
06-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Because people like to bitch no matter how good the PPV was. Even if Cena gets a 5 star match out of himselve and the rest of the matches on the card are really good, people will still bitch about Cena.

WWTNA Mark
06-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Because people like to bitch no matter how good the PPV was. Even if Cena gets a 5 star match out of himselve and the rest of the matches on the card are really good, people will still bitch about Cena.

My thoughts exactly.

WWTNA Mark
06-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Who would've thought Xpacfan would be calling somebody a mark or a fanboy!!! You gotta love irony! lol

miraistreak
06-20-2011, 01:48 PM
Capitol Punishment was kinda weird for me, because at times you could see the WWE was right on the ball about how to do something, and then they would turn around and let Shawn Michaels super-kick them in the nuts.

Having a US Themed PPV -- If done right -- Smart, if done wrong -- Horrific
Having a PPV on Father's Day -- Stupid (families already spent money)
Opening R-Truth Promo -- Turned out Decent, so Smart.
Open a US Themed PPV with the US Championship Match -- Smart
Put two superstars with great chemistry together -- Smart
Having a Natural Born American win the title -- Smart
Have the finish controversial but strong (KO) to intrigue fans for the storyline -- Smart

Eve/R-Truth Segment - Stupid (and wasteful)
The Miz vs Alex Riley Promo -- Great
Playing up Alex Riley's "From Washington D.C." -- Smart
Giving Miz the Briefcase back (he looks naked without holding something) -- Smart
The Match between Riley and Miz -- Better than Expected
Riley winning Clean -- Wait, what?

Obama/Slaughter Segment - Groan, seriously, why!?
Vickie -- Made it better, seriously.
ADR vs Big Show -- Storyline was a bit rushed
Mark Henry's WSS -- Smart AND Brutal
The "Match" between WSS and Victory -- Stupid as hell, should have been on S.Down
ADR's victory -- Stupid, submission would have been better

Wade Barrett Promo - Smart and Epic
Wade/Zeke Match -- Better than Expected
Not playing up Zeke's new US Citizenship - Stupid
Not remembering ECW Title -- Asinine
Obama Segment - Why God Why?

CM Punk Promo - Smart as Always
"Honest after Win" -- Smart, as it's interesting
Rey/Punk Match -- Yawn because it's the same thing, different PPV
Brutal GTS - Smart and Awesome
Lied about telling his "honest thing" - I see what you did there

Christian/Orton Promo - Yawn, Same Ol' Shit
Christian/Orton Match - See Above
Christian Not Winning AND attempting to continue the storyline - Stupid, as ANY other outcome would have been smarter.

Bella Twins/Keith Stone - WTF!?
Announcing a "Bonus Match" -- Stupid
The actual "Bonus Attraction Match" - No Complaints
Obama/Booker T - Kill me.

WWE Championship Match Promo - Good, but we didn't need another one.
The Match - Cena was lazy, Truth did better than expected
The Ending - Expected and Smart (in longterm), but too quick after the water throw (thus stupid). Cena should have at least mounted a decent offense before the 'AA'.

Cena Poses - Expected and the IWC just has a stroke from anger.

jordan1995
06-20-2011, 01:51 PM

i think its the way wwe force him down our throats everyweek its soo lame and boring which is why mostof us hate THE CHARICTOR cena and makes us dislike the ppv i alsolove it when crowd are mostly against cena :)

Xpacfan
06-20-2011, 01:51 PM
LOL again! Dude,you are talking about Stone Cold and The Rock losing in his WHOLE career, i'm talking about The Rock and Stone Cold rarely losing when they were a face and super over with the crowd. To compare there whole win/loss record to Cena's current win/loss is half-assed to say the least. I know this thread isn't about Stone Cold, Hogan, or The Rock moron, I was just using those names as an example to show you that Cena isn't the only posterboy to never lose regularly in matches. By the way, I am a BIG fan of Stone Cold, The Rock, and Hulk Hogan so fanboytism is out the window.

Ok, so NOW you're only talking about "certain situations". This is exactly what I'm talking about...there's no point in arguing this with you any further because you're going to continue to try to twist and bend the topic in any manner just to support your outlandish claims. No, you're using those names as red herrings to shift the focus away from your homie John Cena because if you didn't, you may have to acknowledge and deal with the fact of everything he really is.

Who would've thought Xpacfan would be calling somebody a mark or a fanboy!!! You gotta love irony! lol

Hey, I'm just a mark for good wrestling/entertainment yet WWE and John Cena hasn't produced either in years! So if that makes me a mark or a fanboy then so be it.

I'm done!

miraistreak
06-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Oh come on, I'm not even a huge fan of Cena's "Super-Cena" character, but at times he does perform well in storylines and matches. The problem is, it's not on a consistent basis, and even when you can tell he WANTS to do better the WWE has muzzled his character and took his baseball bat to his character's frontal lobe.

I honestly thought he played his character to near perfection during the Road To Wrestlemania Storyline this year since he is the Top Face and money maker in the WWE, and he was going up against who the WWE wants to be the Top Heel -- The Miz, and the WWE's former Top Face (+/- Stone Cold), The Rock. The problem is the WWE wants him to be in that mode ALL YEAR LONG which is very tiresome. The only thing that seems to give his character any reprieve is when he gets his yearly injury.

miraistreak
06-20-2011, 02:02 PM
As an edit to an earlier post (stupid/smart), the WWE just said on Facebook to "watch raw to see what CM Punk's announcement will be"

WWTNA Mark
06-20-2011, 02:05 PM
Ok, so NOW you're only talking about "certain situations". This is exactly what I'm talking about...there's no point in arguing this with you any further because you're going to continue to try to twist and bend the topic in any manner just to support your outlandish claims. No, you're using those names as red herrings to shift the focus away from your homie John Cena because if you didn't, you may have to acknowledge and deal with the fact of everything he really is.

I don't know what the hell your talking about but if your accusing me of being a Cena fanboy, then your pretty much mistaken. I'm a fan of Cena's but I can call out his flaws when needed to be. I don't know where you get off calling somebody a fanboy but I digress.

Hey, I'm just a mark for good wrestling/entertainment yet WWE and John Cena hasn't produced either in years! So if that makes me a mark or a fanboy then so be it.

I'm done!

I never called you a fanboy. I just find it funny since you are a known TNA fanboy around here. Although I don't like calling people a fanboy because thats hypocritical for me to do since i'm on a wrestling dirtsheet site, you calling me a fanboy is ironic and hypocritical in so many ways. I'm also glad your done with this so-called "argument" as its pointless and you are giving me a headache right now.

Automatic
06-20-2011, 02:05 PM
i think its the way wwe force him down our throats everyweek its soo lame and boring which is why mostof us hate THE CHARICTOR cena and makes us dislike the ppv i alsolove it when crowd are mostly against cena :)

It's not the first time WWE has done it. It happened with Hulk Hogan. It happened with Stone Cold and now it happens with John Cena.

WWTNA Mark
06-20-2011, 02:07 PM
As an edit to an earlier post (stupid/smart), the WWE just said on Facebook to "watch raw to see what CM Punk's announcement will be"

I can't wait for it!

blackout version 1
06-20-2011, 03:22 PM
I can't wait for it!

I hope its good im worried it could be the start of something bad ( i.e ) him leaving. :(

WWTNA Mark
06-20-2011, 03:55 PM
I hope its good im worried it could be the start of something bad ( i.e ) him leaving. :(

I will never watch WWE again if he left.

brewer314
06-20-2011, 04:31 PM

I can hardly make sense of your posts, maybe it's time to pick up Rosetta Stone - The English Version.

And this post is no different than every other Cena related post

blackout version 1
06-20-2011, 06:00 PM
I will never watch WWE again if he left.

I think i would be pushed to the edge :L

KJ PUNK
06-20-2011, 07:01 PM

Wrestlemania 9: Hulk Hogan showed up after the Bret Hart-Yokozuna WWF Championship match and WON THE FUCKING TITLE OUT OF THE BLUE! I've never been a Hogan fan and I was absolutely angry that Bret lost and then Hogan ended up with the title without even being in the fucking match!

Murphdogg4
06-20-2011, 07:26 PM
Cena reps everything old school fans hate about modern wrestling. I don't hate Cena personally, just his work and gimmic.

THE_CRIPPLER
06-20-2011, 07:33 PM
Wrestlemania 9: Hulk Hogan showed up after the Bret Hart-Yokozuna WWF Championship match and WON THE FUCKING TITLE OUT OF THE BLUE! I've never been a Hogan fan and I was absolutely angry that Bret lost and then Hogan ended up with the title without even being in the fucking match!

Well it was suprising... and without that moment, Wrestlemania 9 would be the most forgotten PPV of all times.... That moment created alot of great moments in the future... such as The total burial of Hogan at the KOTR, The Amazing Bret Hart King of the Ring string of matches and the whole Bret Hart WM 10 moment and the Owen and Bret Wrestlemania match..... after that moment WWE went in a different direction and they gave up on Hogan..... Honestly if Hogan didnt win then WM10 would of been built around Hogan Yoko, or Bret vs Hogan and Bret would get squaqshed.

Murphdogg4
06-20-2011, 07:52 PM
Well it was suprising... and without that moment, Wrestlemania 9 would be the most forgotten PPV of all times.... That moment created alot of great moments in the future... such as The total burial of Hogan at the KOTR, The Amazing Bret Hart King of the Ring string of matches and the whole Bret Hart WM 10 moment and the Owen and Bret Wrestlemania match..... after that moment WWE went in a different direction and they gave up on Hogan..... Honestly if Hogan didnt win then WM10 would of been built around Hogan Yoko, or Bret vs Hogan and Bret would get squaqshed.

As a fan of the old school style it was so awesome to see a champion like Brett in the WWF after years of the big boot and leg drop of doom. Though brett was for sure no where close to the draw Hogan was, for hardcore fans him as champ was a breath of fresh air.

KJ PUNK
06-20-2011, 07:53 PM

Um Hogan didn't compete with the WWF again after he dropped the title back to Yoko at KOTR (which was his first and only defense of the title). He did it because he didn't want to drop it to Hart cleanly because they were both faces. So it begs the question, why have him fucking win it in the first place?

Viper
06-20-2011, 09:42 PM
Cena reps everything old school fans hate about modern wrestling. I don't hate Cena personally, just his work and gimmic.

i agree with u there man.

for me, its same old Cena different PPV.

WWTNA Mark
06-21-2011, 08:04 AM
Um SCSA didnt win the Royal Rumble 3 years in a row, he won 2 in a row.

Both the '97 and '98 Rumbles and then won it a third time '01.

Just sayin'

I never said he won three years in a row.

Rated_R(ob)KO
06-21-2011, 08:32 AM
I can hardly make sense of your posts, maybe it's time to pick up Rosetta Stone - The English Version.

And this post is no different than every other Cena related post

Wow, you're so brilliant. Almost like brilliant white. You like the taste of cum like that bro? You gobble that shit up like Thanksgiving Dinner, eh? Either way, that's cool. I'll just have to call you "Slobber Knocker" from now on. On to the actual post itself, it appears everyone else knows what I'm saying. I have no idea why you have this personal vendetta against me but as I've said to you previously Slobber, you're just little insignificant black words on a computer screen. May peace be with you my young cum swallowing, Padawan. By the way, you got something on your lips. Bitch.

Viper
06-24-2011, 09:02 AM
I can't think of a Cena match at any PPV this year that I thought was good. They were all the same and they sucked.