PDA

View Full Version : *In Sean Connery Voice* I'm Waiting To Be Impressed!

Rated_R(ob)KO
06-19-2011, 12:10 AM
Now, we all know I'm a huge fanboy for THE 'E and I will back them on most things. Many of you have called me crazy for this and well, I very may well be. But I believe that they're starting to come around again. This year alone we've had many great PPV's, many characters emerge, changes in roles, pushes come about, attitude injected and a whole bunch more. I know they still have a long way to go but, they're coming a long very nicely.

My only concern is if they can keep it going. With WMXXVIII's main event set in 100% stone, how do they keep it fresh and interesting? Cena has been working injured, CM Punk may be leaving, Mysterio is probably retiring soon, Orton is working through injuries... I mean, they're all pretty beaten up. If these guys keep pushing, we may have a problematic WM. I'm hoping against hope that it doesn't happen that way and 2011 will continue to be a strong year leading into what I can only imagine will be a stronger 2012. Bu as the name of this thread states... I'm waiting. There hasn't been those defining moments in 2011 yet. Except of course IMO, The Rock's return. So far that has been the STRONGEST thing about 2011 aside from SCSA being on a lot this year.

What are you waiting for? A Title change? A new star? A dominant star? What is that big thing that needs to happen in 2011 that you have to say OHMYGOD! to??

Enforcer23
06-19-2011, 12:55 AM
well proble unexpected stuff to make me go oh my god....i was kinda shcoked when the rock and john cena said they would wrestle at wm...but other things would be r-truth winning the title nexus going agianst cm punk...gabriel and slater helping out jackson or barret in the match they got..something like that

The New Guy
06-19-2011, 01:22 AM
In my eyes, WWE needs to use this year to create as many big stars as they can. They need to put the guys in the midcard over now before WM 28 comes along.

If they don't do it, the ppv, the ratings and the overall income would keep going down.

:)

Viper
06-19-2011, 02:03 AM
i wanna see more realism in more matches.

i wanna see blood, chairshots/headshots, cat fights, bra n panties matches, backstage brawls, ...

i wanna see more violence.

oh and i wanna see john cena gone for a long period of time ;)

those are things that will make me go "OH MY GAWD" :p

AOF666
06-19-2011, 08:36 AM
Pushing Truth was good he became very intertaining sinse he turned heel. Sheamus is another, but Smackdown had to have the lame Orton punt him. I hope Christian and Truth win. I agree they need to create new stars. How many more times they are going to rely on Stone Cold, Rock, HHH, Undertaker, Trish Stratus, Bret Hart and Edge(even though they can't wrestle)?

el gabo
06-19-2011, 09:19 AM
Pushing Truth was good he became very intertaining sinse he turned heel. Sheamus is another, but Smackdown had to have the lame Orton punt him. I hope Christian and Truth win. I agree they need to create new stars. How many more times they are going to rely on Stone Cold, Rock, HHH, Undertaker, Trish Stratus, Bret Hart and Edge(even though they can't wrestle)?

Yeah it baffles me how they have kept Sheamus down for so long. I can understand him not being champ because you don't have to have the title in the picture to have a good main event feud, but DAMN!

I also agree with the New Guy, but your suggestion is a bit tougher to do since their are so many talented wrestlers and some take a lot more time to develop and push than others. Look at Cody Rhodes. He has been awesome these last few months, but it took him several years to get truly over and not just piggyback the heat he got in Legacy from from Orton.

Right now another shocking title win like the Miz' last year would be cool. I will have everyone in a buzz and plus it would elevate another wrestler. At least IMO.

jhorton1215
06-19-2011, 10:17 AM

Honestly, I don't want to see Truth win quite yet... I think it would kill the momentum of his character if there's no longer "conspiracy" holding him back. I just think they should make him look as strong as possible, and of course we all know SuperCena will win at the end.

I'd love to see Christian take the title back right now. Randy Orton's starting to become more like Blandy Boreton, just as stale an uninteresting as John Cena. Hell, he's even ripping off lines from Del Rio.

S.E. Zero
06-19-2011, 10:33 AM
I'm just hoping to one day see a breath of new life injected like an adrenaline needle to the WWE.

I hope that Cena and Orton are legitamitely injured not cause I hate their characters (which I do) but because it would finally act as the wake up call to Vince to let those talents rest and heal up while pushing those midcard talents that could do well in the main event scene such as Cody Rhodes, John Morrison, Daniel Bryan, etc.; also return Jericho, bring back Batista maybe, keep Punk happy so he stays, etc. just to set a different scene from now till the time the Royal Rumble comes rolling in and there bring back Orton/Cena or any other guy that should return.

Just that breath of new life, to really mix things and not have see Cena or Orton week after week after week would be enough for me.