PDA

View Full Version : Uncontrollable Unpredictability

NWOMyGawd
06-18-2011, 01:14 PM
Am I the only one that is finding this PPV hard to actually predict? Most PPV's are rather easy to figure out what the final outcome of the match is gonna be. But with the recent string of events and injuries happening in the 'E it's hard to say what will happen.

-Orton has a concussion. So there isn't even a guarentee that his match will occur. If he doesn't perform then who will they have replace him. Does the replacement guarentee that Christian will win it again? If so, don't you think that it will become overly apparent that Christian is just gonna be a stop gap champion (again) and they will try to throw someone else in there as champion?
-Punk is getting ready to leave the 'E. Are they going to kiss his ass and allow him to win and therefore let him make one more run at the championship hoping to keep him?
-Barrett against Jackson. I'm unsure what to think of this as they should be giving both of these guys a major push. It isn't often that 2 up and comers go into a PPV getting a push and leave the PPV with the same push.
-Is A-Ri about to receive a huge push or are they just keeping him there for this feud to play out and then plan on burying him? He is still really green and the last time a youngster like him received a push like what it seems A-Ri would be in if he wins, was Sheamus. And I think that Sheamus is gonna get buried even more. Yes he is battling Orton and Christian for the title right now, but he is barely relevant in the feud. Plus, would they really allow Miz (who was very recently champion) to get beat by someone like A-Ri on their first PPV?

The only match that is truly easy to predict is Cena/Truth. I think that WWE, although being in a bad situation with Orton and his concussion and Punk and his contract, is extremely lucky for these circumstances because it does allow unpredictability for the IWC. Just wondering what everyones thoughts are. Apologies for the rambling.

LMPunker
06-18-2011, 01:23 PM
orton passed his fitness test and will face christian tomorrow night as advertised but i agree it is hard to predict will make the prediction contest alot of fun

the wrestling shade
06-18-2011, 02:16 PM
well iam kinda excited for the next PPV, and I dont even wants to spoile it for myself by thinking about expectations for it. all i can say is that Capitol Punishment will be better than the other PPV and even if its for a little bit more but hopefully it will be good.

sincara
06-18-2011, 02:52 PM
this ppv should be good
shame its not free on sky sports so wont watch it until it comes out on dvd

SnaggleTooth
06-18-2011, 03:21 PM
In my predictions I'm learning to not pick what I want, but what goofy wrestling company owners want. Here's hoping for 80% accuracy or better. *crosses fingers*

NWOMyGawd
06-18-2011, 05:02 PM
In my predictions I'm learning to not pick what I want, but what goofy wrestling company owners want. Here's hoping for 80% accuracy or better. *crosses fingers*

I fill out my predictions that way as well. However, I did a lot of second guessing with this one. I'm excited bc this is the first PPV with this much unpredictability in a while.

helmsley
06-18-2011, 09:57 PM
seeems like a nice ppv, im llooking forward for the ic match, christian-orton, and cena truth match

Androo
06-18-2011, 11:14 PM
I agree with you NWOmygawd. This is a tricky one! I think it is becuase alot of these matches are first matches in new feuds, and then very possible, forseeable title changes here, maybe apart from WWE title. But still, i agree with the OP!

THE_CRIPPLER
06-19-2011, 12:28 AM
Cena Over Truth

Christian Over Orton (by cheating some way)

Punk Over Rey (Rey went over on Raw so chances are Punk wins)

Alex riley Over The Miz (a suprise win here, either by cheating or a fluke way.... Miz is at a point we he could lose and still be over)

Dolph Over Kofi (to end his pointless reign)

Del Rio Over Show (heres hoping they put him over big)

Enforcer23
06-19-2011, 12:46 AM
yeah may be hard to predict but isint that what we wanted...and on an off chance id like to see r-truth win but thats proble a no go

hankamania83
06-19-2011, 03:30 AM
i agree, but the last one was even harder for me.

eboy
06-19-2011, 03:48 AM
orton passed his fitness test and will face christian tomorrow night as advertised but i agree it is hard to predict will make the prediction contest alot of fun

i am pretty sure the Concussion was an angle

K-Jammin
06-19-2011, 05:12 AM
If WWE had ANY sense at all they would kiss the hell out of Punk's ass, and they should feel honoured that there doing it :)

Enforcer23
06-19-2011, 05:14 AM
If WWE had ANY sense at all they would kiss the hell out of Punk's ass, and they should feel honoured that there doing it :)

wwe's quote no superstar is bigger than the company

jonod
06-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Its been built fairly well too for the most part, more so in the last couple of weeks. I'm enjoying how much they're putting into smackdown! at the moment.

I reckon Sheamus gets involved in the Heavyweight Championship match.

Miz might take a disqualification keeping both guys going.

I'd like to see Del Rio do it, I'm convinced he's gonna be huge! He's seemed like a star since he debuted in every way to me (although he could do with developing a second finisher)

They're the matches I'm most interested in, I'm a little surprised that sin cara isn't on the card..

jordan1995
06-19-2011, 02:55 PM
this ppv should be good
shame its not free on sky sports so wont watch it until it comes out on dvd

use live streams its what im doing :)

VKM
06-19-2011, 03:46 PM
i know its not going to happen but what if R Truth becomes champ? LOL.

Automatic
06-19-2011, 04:54 PM
i know its not going to happen but what if R Truth becomes champ? LOL.

WWE will be very interesting. I will be marking.