PDA

View Full Version : What Does THE 'E Have To Do To KEEP CM Punk??

Rated_R(ob)KO
06-18-2011, 03:52 AM
As far as we know, the contract negotiations are being held up by two main things.

1.) His name. CM Punk wants to keep it, VKM wants it. Punk was of a dying breed that got to keep their indy names when coming in. He has full ownership of it and would be able to use it elsewhere and VKM does NOT like that idea at all.

2.) Not being a "main event guy" in his eyes. He feels that since being with THE 'E since 2006, he should have accomplished a little more. All considering he only has 3 Championship runs. Granted, Y2J didn't get treated fairly either, until he changed it all up.

Now, with that being said... does CM Punk need a new gimmick? Clearly him being with The New Nexus is NOT working. I personally loved the SES Punk and their ways, BRILLIANT faction and done with great jabs. Is Punk better as a heel? IMO, Of course. With his holier than thou attitude, damn straight he should be.

Now this begs the other question, who would he consider another "top guy" to feud with? The most important thing here to me is that he stays. Maybe take a hiatus for a few months to nag injuries and chill with his family but about 6 months later, make a triumphant return. I dunno... I just think it's time to change Punk up a bit. You?

ihearvoices
06-18-2011, 05:37 AM
As far as we know, the contract negotiations are being held up by two main things.

1.) His name. CM Punk wants to keep it, VKM wants it. Punk was of a dying breed that got to keep their indy names when coming in. He has full ownership of it and would be able to use it elsewhere and VKM does NOT like that idea at all.

2.) Not being a "main event guy" in his eyes. He feels that since being with THE 'E since 2006, he should have accomplished a little more. All considering he only has 3 Championship runs. Granted, Y2J didn't get treated fairly either, until he changed it all up.

Now, with that being said... does CM Punk need a new gimmick? Clearly him being with The New Nexus is NOT working. I personally loved the SES Punk and their ways, BRILLIANT faction and done with great jabs. Is Punk better as a heel? IMO, Of course. With his holier than thou attitude, damn straight he should be.

Now this begs the other question, who would he consider another "top guy" to feud with? The most important thing here to me is that he stays. Maybe take a hiatus for a few months to nag injuries and chill with his family but about 6 months later, make a triumphant return. I dunno... I just think it's time to change Punk up a bit. You?

There is Nothing WWE can do to keep CM Punk Because he wants time off..thats why he is not being pushed because he plans on leaving and taking some time off...Simple as that people need to stop reading into rumors too much.

sincara
06-18-2011, 05:41 AM

2.) All considering he only has 3 Championship runsNow this begs the other question, who would he consider another "top guy" to feud with? ?

his name big problem for vkm say he goes to roh they can use that name like cm punk the man who got rid of jeff hardy from wwe

he is also the man who conqured raw taking all titles when he moved there in 08 he was world champ on his first night then a few months later he was tag champ with kofi and then was ic champ
and he should feud with cena wwe top guy and when punk comes out on top he is a top guy

LMPunker
06-18-2011, 06:09 AM
i actually dont see the name being to big a problem dont be frank i know vicne like to keep guys names for marketing purposes but in the grand scheme of things its just a name and im sure vince let him keep it if it was just about the name i think the fact is punk doesnt want to sign a new deal at the moment because he would be contractually obligated to wrestle4-5 times a week and punk from i heard seems to want to heal some nagging injuries for 6monthes-year at the very most if it is to do with not being treating like a top guy i think he has been made a fairly big deal of in wwe not to the extent of an undertaker or john cena or a triple h which i wish he would.

Hes sort of like a 2003-2005 chris jericho at the moment which isnt a bad spot to have when he first faced john cena and triple h they made a big deal of how they have never faced one on one which is a big deal and every match match has it always mentioned that he is a 3 time world champion and in the same breath when he face rey mysterio its mentioned how rey is a 2 time world champion so the fact that hes held the world title once more then rey is a big deal so i think its just a case of he wants time off and guys have done it and came back before like big show,chris jericho.

my point is you cant sign somebody that wants to leave punk is working hard and having great matches on his way out which im sure will leave the door wide open for a return it wouldnt surprise me if punks being savvy here have some time off sign a new multi year deal and on his return gets a big push punks not stupid

Enforcer23
06-18-2011, 06:17 AM
wellll i think its best for cm punk to rest if his hurt...cm punk should keep his name and come back to wwe when his ready his gimmick is he should be by himself no other people around him...and yes he should be a main eventer and a heel

AOF666
06-18-2011, 09:16 AM
Money is the biggest issue for VKM. He doesn't want to share profits with Punk. Punk wants to keep his name, if Vince is smart, he would let him. Vince can't afford to loose Punk. Last I heard he wants to take time off, but whether he will sign with WWE is another issue. Seems to WWE is slowly starting to improve how they use Punk.

the-rocks-stunner
06-18-2011, 09:20 AM
say we don't want the right to your name, you v austin @ mania 28 then he will sign a 5 year contract

Yano88
06-18-2011, 09:21 AM
If it's true that is tired and hurt then he should take a rest...

If he is bitching only to have an higher spot on the card then it's not a fair attitude...

Ok you're good but there are so many people good out there that have not yet received their chance to shine... You are a 3 time World Champ, you come out every week on RAW being the leader of a powerful stable, you win many matches... what else do you want??

What should say the people, like Christian, that are waiting for their moment on the main event scene for years??

You want an easy World Championship?? Go to TNA!
Do you want to stay in WWE?? Then wait for your moment to shine again and stop crying like a baby. It will come surely... Just need to wait for your turn

Enforcer23
06-18-2011, 09:22 AM
say we don't want the right to your name, you v austin @ mania 28 then he will sign a 5 year contract

id sign over my life if they offered it to me

the-rocks-stunner
06-18-2011, 09:25 AM
id sign over my life if they offered it to me

and then punk vs cena 1 month later @ Extreme Rules ;D

the-rocks-stunner
06-18-2011, 09:28 AM
If it's true that is tired and hurt then he should take a rest...

If he is bitching only to have an higher spot on the card then it's not a fair attitude...

Ok you're good but there are so many people good out there that have not yet received their chance to shine... You are a 3 time World Champ, you come out every week on RAW being the leader of a powerful stable, you win many matches... what else do you want??

What should say the people, like Christian, that are waiting for their moment on the main event scene for years??

You want an easy World Championship?? Go to TNA!
Do you want to stay in WWE?? Then wait for your moment to shine again and stop crying like a baby. It will come surely... Just need to wait for your turn

he would of probably stayed quiet but reportedly WWE wanted the right to his name so he kicked of

ELNIOJR
06-18-2011, 10:01 AM
I said it before, and I'll say it again: Take some time off, grow your hair (long), and then come back to raise Hell! And yes, I want him to leave Nexus, and start all the preaching again about his Straight Edge Lifes Style, and how he's better than all of US. I want the Evil Punk Back! I mean, his the only guy that gets bood'ed for telling people to stay away from drugs and alcohol :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmzLlAZ1v-k&feature=related

The Watcher
06-18-2011, 12:16 PM
Somebody mentioned that CM Punk is part of a dying breed? He is. He's part of that breed of talent that doesn't need constant championships or main event pushes to stay at the top of the card - he does it through his own talent and THAT is something that WWE should be pulling all the stops out to retain.

Ask yourself this question: Who is the top heel in WWE? Why? The answer is CM Punk and because HE keeps HIMSELF relevant everytime he's on commentary or in a backstage promo or in the ring. Unlike Orton and Cena and the rest of the manufactured WWE glory-boys CM Punk is his own man and HE will decide what HE wants to do.

VKM wants Punk to sign over the name PUNK spent years making for HIMSELF? Then Punk needs to tell McMahon to shove his contract up his ass and go to TNA where he'll command a massive wage and be on top, or go to ROH where he'll command a massive wage and be on top.

At a point where WWE's perceived talent roster is so thin they need him more than he needs them and to answer the original question of what WWE can do to keep him: Give him whatever he asks for and treat him like he's the top guy in the company - because whether WWE like it or not, THAT is exactly what he is.

Jaitsu
06-18-2011, 12:17 PM
if VKM is truly trying to take the rights to his name, then yeah, fuck you Vince.

if Punk is injured, i say let him take time off, rest, and when he comes back, give him the top spot he has earned a hundred times over. AND, when he returns, make sure his return is worth watching.

and finally, does anyone on this site know simple grammar? it's like stabbing myself in the eyes when i see some of these posts.

TheRockerGother
06-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Just treat him more with respect god the man was pissed because Cena could wear shorts backstage and he can't.Worse when was the last time this guy won a PPV match that I can't seem to remember??????

monctonvike
06-18-2011, 01:34 PM
Give him more money much less dates and make him the man. Looks like luke gallows and serena deeb (i think her name is) are trying to get in tna ses reunion?

I can't see punk in tna, if he leaves wwe likely take sometime off before coming back or going to roh for fun

Daffy Duck's Finest
06-18-2011, 02:03 PM
Let him take some time off, then he'll be back to win the Royal Rumble and headline Wrestlemania. Mark it down in your diaries everyone.

SilverGhost
06-18-2011, 02:05 PM
One thing is very clear if Punk does leave: HE IS NOT GOING TO TNA!

brewer314
06-18-2011, 10:04 PM

Do you think saying the "The E" sounds hip or cool or something? WWE is three letters, yet your shortening it, well actually lengthening it out ? T +H +E +'+E =5 LETTERS & A FAIL.

Iron Ape
06-18-2011, 10:18 PM
Do you think saying the "The E" sounds hip or cool or something? WWE is three letters, yet your shortening it, well actually lengthening it out ? T +H +E +'+E =5 LETTERS & A FAIL.
Why are you so concerned with what he wants to call the company? Instead of getting hung up on something so trivial, maybe your efforts would be better spent focusing on not acting like an insufferable douchefountain for no apparent reason.

IrkenInvader
06-18-2011, 10:56 PM

You're an idiot.

Rated_R(ob)KO
06-18-2011, 11:11 PM
Why are you so concerned with what he wants to call the company? Instead of getting hung up on something so trivial, maybe your efforts would be better spent focusing on not acting like an insufferable douchefountain for no apparent reason.

^This. 100%...

And hey, apparently I started something decent. I know it was randomly referred to as THE 'E before I started on it but because of me, it's gotten quite popular. Not my fault. I guess what they say is true though, hater gonna' hate.

TwoTone
06-19-2011, 12:14 AM
and finally, does anyone on this site know simple grammar? it's like stabbing myself in the eyes when i see some of these posts.

Lmao! I said that the other night

I would love to see Punk back in TNA. He was gold as part of The Gathering during his stint in TNA

THE_CRIPPLER
06-19-2011, 12:21 AM
How can vince Mcmahon keep CM Punk in WWE?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$

Enforcer23
06-19-2011, 12:48 AM
nah it will be ahrd you will see cm punk leave and proble come back with alot of money...but without a doubt his ganna have his break

brewer314
06-19-2011, 10:24 PM
but because of me, it's gotten quite popular. Not my fault. I guess what they say is true though, hater gonna' hate.

Wow, your a tool.

Rated_R(ob)KO
06-20-2011, 12:36 AM
Wow, your tool.

Grammar much?

SilverGhost
06-20-2011, 09:11 AM

You're an idiot.

^This. 100%...

And hey, apparently I started something decent. I know it was randomly referred to as THE 'E before I started on it but because of me, it's gotten quite popular. Not my fault. I guess what they say is true though, hater gonna' hate.

This is the second thread that I see brewer getting hurt because people refer WWE as the 'E. Is it that bad for you? It affects you so bad that it will drive you in a rage?

Geez....lighten up.

-watches New Japan-

maar13
06-21-2011, 06:23 PM
Come on, if the guy is leaving is because he is probably burned out and wants a little bit of freedom. Thing is that they can give him a World title and all but freedom is a different issue. At least for a while he deserves to rest a little, come back full force.

I don't think the name is a real issue with him, probably they have worked that up already.

Or maybe the guy is working us, isn't too much obvious that the guy leaves like that? I mean, maybe even is a bigger thing that whe have seen.

blackout version 1
06-21-2011, 08:06 PM
One thing is very clear if Punk does leave: HE IS NOT GOING TO TNA!

very true with the hardys and the drug culture its a no go zone

Yano88
06-22-2011, 01:50 AM
very true with the hardys and the drug culture its a no go zone

LOL :-) Poor Hardy brothers...